Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. dizzychick2k

Moved house into a BEAUTIFUL garden, I need to identify plants/trees to keep it up??

I've only found this site today and I've a feeling it'll be my gardening bible! I'm getting obsessed with my garden too and its frustrating me that I don't know enough yet. Oh well they say that...
    I've only found this site today and I've a feeling it'll be my gardening bible! I'm getting obsessed with my garden too and its frustrating me that I don't know enough yet. Oh well they say that all good things come to those who wait, we'll see!
    I've only found this site today and I've a feeling it'll be my gardening bible! I'm getting obsessed with my garden too and its frustrating me that I don't know enough yet. Oh well they say that all good things come to those who wait, we'll see!
    I've only found this site today and I've a feeling it'll be my gardening bible! I'm getting obsessed with my garden too and its frustrating me that I don't know enough yet. Oh well they say that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. jambler

what plant is this?

The rosette the flower came from will die off.Don't be afraid to break up the cluster, remove the old bits and divide them into new plants - use a compost with plenty of grit :)
    The rosette the flower came from will die off.Don't be afraid to break up the cluster, remove the old bits and divide them into new plants - use a compost with plenty of grit :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ant1977

Is this japanese knotweed?

thats very much for all the replies, its put out mind at rest
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. davygfuchsia

ID please

Okay, I'm probably wrong as well Dave so I guess a Platycodon grandiflora which I've had for a number of years ... but Armandii is probably correct ... :heehee: Here's mine ... ...
    Okay, I'm probably wrong as well Dave so I guess a Platycodon grandiflora which I've had for a number of years ... but Armandii is probably correct ... :heehee: Here's mine ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platycodon_grandiflorus Here's Armandii's ... ...
    Okay, I'm probably wrong as well Dave so I guess a Platycodon grandiflora which I've had for a number of years ... but Armandii is probably correct ... :heehee: Here's mine ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platycodon_grandiflorus Here's Armandii's...
    Okay, I'm probably wrong as well Dave so I guess a Platycodon grandiflora which I've had for a number of years ... but Armandii is probably correct ... :heehee: Here's mine ... ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. HYDROGEN86

is this a fern??

Thanks:D thanks for all your answers! i like it too although i thought it was a baby fern starting or something. Going to keep it hopefully it will spread to other plant pots :-) Thangs again.
    Thanks:D thanks for all your answers! i like it too although i thought it was a baby fern starting or something. Going to keep it hopefully it will spread to other plant pots :-) Thangs again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Flowerpot

What's this yellow flower?

Thankyou all for your help, i will have a crush later today Dave and give my thoughts on what it smells like to me :thumbsup:
    Thankyou all for your help, i will have a crush later today Dave and give my thoughts on what it smells like to me :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. merleworld

Is this an elder?

Trunky you win :love30:It does indeed look like prunus avium :yess:And here is the culprit I think - in next door's garden ...It's actually two plants which I think I shoved in the...
    Trunky you win :love30:It does indeed look like prunus avium :yess:And here is the culprit I think - in next door's garden ...It's actually two plants which I think I shoved in the same pot as I didn't know what they were, so will split them out.
    Trunky you win :love30:It does indeed look like prunus avium :yess:And here is the culprit I think - in next door's garden ...It's actually two plants which I think I shoved in the same pot as I didn't know what they were, so will...
    Trunky you win :love30:It does indeed look like prunus avium :yess:And here is the culprit I think - in next door's garden ...It's actually two plants which I think I shoved in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Scrungee

Plant ID required

I assume its new name reflects its similarity to Fumitory, apart from not being purple & having different foliage:DOH:
    I assume its new name reflects its similarity to Fumitory, apart from not being purple & having different foliage:DOH:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Richard Williams

Can any one identify the Tree

Welcome Richard. Looks like Metasequoia glyptostroboides. Common name dawn redwood.No tree in Britain is older than 68 years. It was known from fossil records, but only discovered in China in...
    Welcome Richard. Looks like Metasequoia glyptostroboides. Common name dawn redwood.No tree in Britain is older than 68 years. It was known from fossil records, but only discovered in China in 1943metasequoia glyptostroboides - Google SearchP.S. It is possible that the 2 trees...
    Welcome Richard. Looks like Metasequoia glyptostroboides. Common name dawn redwood.No tree in Britain is older than 68 years. It was known from fossil records, but only discovered in China in 1943metasequoia glyptostroboides - Google...
    Welcome Richard. Looks like Metasequoia glyptostroboides. Common name dawn redwood.No tree in Britain is older than 68 years. It was known from fossil records, but only discovered in China in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. arado

Plum Tree Identification

Welcome to Gardeners Corner. They are the same as the inherited one in our garden, very nice & as you say, dropping already. :th_redx:
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner. They are the same as the inherited one in our garden, very nice & as you say, dropping already. :th_redx:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wildernessman

wild flower / weed with pinky purple flowers

Actually, PeterS threw in a good thought in his post. It's quite possible that due to it being a wild flower and open to cross pollination it might not be a true specimen of either varieties:scratch::D:stirpot:
    Actually, PeterS threw in a good thought in his post. It's quite possible that due to it being a wild flower and open to cross pollination it might not be a true specimen of either varieties:scratch::D:stirpot:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. scooby32

Newbie gardener needs help identifying veg

that makes perfect sense. We had the most wonderful broccoli (now mostly eaten!) next to it"! thanks again, it has been doing my head in.
    that makes perfect sense. We had the most wonderful broccoli (now mostly eaten!) next to it"! thanks again, it has been doing my head in.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. amanita

mystery plant

thanks SS you actually answered it a couple of weeks back when I uploaded a foto of the more mature plant just prior to it flushing. I recon that the seed must have come in from a garden...
    thanks SS you actually answered it a couple of weeks back when I uploaded a foto of the more mature plant just prior to it flushing. I recon that the seed must have come in from a garden centre.....which is good really cos they'll make a super border plant for next year. I shall collect the...
    thanks SS you actually answered it a couple of weeks back when I uploaded a foto of the more mature plant just prior to it flushing. I recon that the seed must have come in from a garden centre.....which is good really cos they'll make a super...
    thanks SS you actually answered it a couple of weeks back when I uploaded a foto of the more mature plant just prior to it flushing. I recon that the seed must have come in from a garden...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ~Jen~

what is this please?

It`s a weed, get rid of. Unless you have a wild garden.lol:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jo Sara

Plant/Flower for ID, please

Thank you, all. I will keep an eye on this plant as it grows and the flowers open more. Now I've got a couple of possible candidates that it could be I can compare it to them when it's a bit...
    Thank you, all. I will keep an eye on this plant as it grows and the flowers open more. Now I've got a couple of possible candidates that it could be I can compare it to them when it's a bit bigger and see which one it is. Knew you'd come up with the goods. :)
    Thank you, all. I will keep an eye on this plant as it grows and the flowers open more. Now I've got a couple of possible candidates that it could be I can compare it to them when it's a bit bigger and see which one it is. Knew you'd come up...
    Thank you, all. I will keep an eye on this plant as it grows and the flowers open more. Now I've got a couple of possible candidates that it could be I can compare it to them when it's a bit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. *dim*

Tree identification?

I also think it is clerodendron :dbgrtmb: The leaves look too big for weigelia. Some of our weigelias are now in their second blooming of the year :thumbsup: and doing very well.
    I also think it is clerodendron :dbgrtmb: The leaves look too big for weigelia. Some of our weigelias are now in their second blooming of the year :thumbsup: and doing very well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Archibald the grim

Wrongly labeled as Heleborus Orientalis

Yup, that looks like it. Thanks to both who answered - much appreciated
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. millym

purple flowers id

I believe these are Pericallis, a hybrid called Sennetti blue.Acorn Farms - Pericallis Hybrid
    I believe these are Pericallis, a hybrid called Sennetti blue.Acorn Farms - Pericallis Hybrid
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Bradshaw_John

Help required please!

Victoria, if you look again at the pic you will see that there is a conifer behind. Infront of which is a perennial with chocolate brown leaves and yellow flowers. The yellow flowers belong to...
    Victoria, if you look again at the pic you will see that there is a conifer behind. Infront of which is a perennial with chocolate brown leaves and yellow flowers. The yellow flowers belong to Lysimachia ciliata Firecracker. as id by BilboLysimachia ciliata Firecracker. - Google Search
    Victoria, if you look again at the pic you will see that there is a conifer behind. Infront of which is a perennial with chocolate brown leaves and yellow flowers. The yellow flowers belong to Lysimachia ciliata Firecracker. as id by...
    Victoria, if you look again at the pic you will see that there is a conifer behind. Infront of which is a perennial with chocolate brown leaves and yellow flowers. The yellow flowers belong to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. sellotapeUK

What is this leaf that keeps cropping up everywhere?

SellotapeUK, I think your image posting link only works on Twitter, and not here on this forum, even if you can view it yourself.
    SellotapeUK, I think your image posting link only works on Twitter, and not here on this forum, even if you can view it yourself.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice