Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. THEPARKS100

Please help me put a name to this .

It is philadelphus. Mine is just coming into bloom too and the fragrance in the evenings is divine.
    It is philadelphus. Mine is just coming into bloom too and the fragrance in the evenings is divine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. MichaelPilcher

New gardener needs help identifying plants

1st Hypericum " Hidcote " 2nd A Hebe 3rd Jasminum nudiflorum.:D:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ~Jen~

Do you know what this is?

I was going to say gusiluz (spanish for little glow worm)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. fangok

weed, or...?

you are a wizard at horticulture, Ziggy, and i am just a brutish amateur who loves to mound potatoes :-) Just had a look at the pudding recipe, and i have loads of nettles in our garden, so might...
    you are a wizard at horticulture, Ziggy, and i am just a brutish amateur who loves to mound potatoes :-) Just had a look at the pudding recipe, and i have loads of nettles in our garden, so might give it a try. I mixed soil from the garden when i sowed seeds in our conservatory, and in fact i...
    you are a wizard at horticulture, Ziggy, and i am just a brutish amateur who loves to mound potatoes :-) Just had a look at the pudding recipe, and i have loads of nettles in our garden, so might give it a try. I mixed soil from the garden when i...
    you are a wizard at horticulture, Ziggy, and i am just a brutish amateur who loves to mound potatoes :-) Just had a look at the pudding recipe, and i have loads of nettles in our garden, so might...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Keinnaf

red flower/weed - any idea what?

You Mean The Lone Ranger wasn't riding a Stallion :what:.......:love30: Sorry Silver Surfer.:love30:
    You Mean The Lone Ranger wasn't riding a Stallion :what:.......:love30: Sorry Silver Surfer.:love30:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. nickp

Help to identify large plant

I would agree with the Ivy too .. Dave
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. seniormoments

help with a mystery plant

ooh! I really like that - i'll have to add that to my wishlist :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Bradshaw_John

Unknown perennials_1

I would agree with you Simbad. Whilst it doesn't flower for that long, you can leave the flower stalks on as added interest for a long period.
    I would agree with you Simbad. Whilst it doesn't flower for that long, you can leave the flower stalks on as added interest for a long period.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Bradshaw_John

Unknown Plant 2

I would tend to say Foxglove. It depends where it came from, If it is just something selfseeded Foxglove would be the most common.
    I would tend to say Foxglove. It depends where it came from, If it is just something selfseeded Foxglove would be the most common.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. derwent

Help identify please

Thanks for your help. I'll look up Lavae site. I had been looking up pond insects and couldn't come up with anything.
    Thanks for your help. I'll look up Lavae site. I had been looking up pond insects and couldn't come up with anything.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Scrungee

Wild orchid ID required

I am going to hazard a guess at either Early Marsh Orchid ( Dactylorhiza incarnata ) or Fragrant Orchid (Gymnadenia conopsea ).:dbgrtmb:
    I am going to hazard a guess at either Early Marsh Orchid ( Dactylorhiza incarnata ) or Fragrant Orchid (Gymnadenia conopsea ).:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. geoghaen

Alien identification

:heehee: No indeed. The things I see down at the local allotments when I haven't got my gun. And that's just the gardeners.
    :heehee: No indeed. The things I see down at the local allotments when I haven't got my gun. And that's just the gardeners.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Delmac

Plant ID. Can you help please?

Welcome Delmac. De ja vue!. Euphorbia lathyris. Common name Caper spurge. Be very careful of the white latex sap. It is toxic.Euphorbia lathyris. - Google Search
    Welcome Delmac. De ja vue!. Euphorbia lathyris. Common name Caper spurge. Be very careful of the white latex sap. It is toxic.Euphorbia lathyris. - Google Search
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. HBK

Large plant moving in

Tell me about it, these are 3 times the size of the ones that I actually planted and routinely water.Thanks to everyone who confirmed this for me.
    Tell me about it, these are 3 times the size of the ones that I actually planted and routinely water.Thanks to everyone who confirmed this for me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. gardener123

Weed Identification Help!!

Whilst young I do find them easy to pull up; especially after all the rain we had yesterday...:DWe have a 'wild' strip along one fence though where I leave them be as they are quite attractive...
    Whilst young I do find them easy to pull up; especially after all the rain we had yesterday...:DWe have a 'wild' strip along one fence though where I leave them be as they are quite attractive wildflowers..:thumb:
    Whilst young I do find them easy to pull up; especially after all the rain we had yesterday...:DWe have a 'wild' strip along one fence though where I leave them be as they are quite attractive wildflowers..:thumb:
    Whilst young I do find them easy to pull up; especially after all the rain we had yesterday...:DWe have a 'wild' strip along one fence though where I leave them be as they are quite attractive...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Lad

Unknown lily

agreed... beautiful thing
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Iresha

Is this apple?

I reckon that the cherry plums make the best eating fruits (and wine), but I'm comparing them with wild damsons that may well be more acidic than cultivated ones, and think damsons make better jam...
    I reckon that the cherry plums make the best eating fruits (and wine), but I'm comparing them with wild damsons that may well be more acidic than cultivated ones, and think damsons make better jam and chutney.My rule of thumb for picking them around here is that the first cherry plums will...
    I reckon that the cherry plums make the best eating fruits (and wine), but I'm comparing them with wild damsons that may well be more acidic than cultivated ones, and think damsons make better jam and chutney.My rule of thumb for picking them...
    I reckon that the cherry plums make the best eating fruits (and wine), but I'm comparing them with wild damsons that may well be more acidic than cultivated ones, and think damsons make better jam...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. joolz68

name needed for flower plz

Seen it growing 'wild' round here too; even in crevices in brick walls!! proving it prefers dry conditions I guess.....
    Seen it growing 'wild' round here too; even in crevices in brick walls!! proving it prefers dry conditions I guess.....
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. pete

Any ideas?

I will look forward to getting some of these soon then, my children have discovered they can shake down the bird seed by wobbling the buddleia and then they try to plant it everywhere
    I will look forward to getting some of these soon then, my children have discovered they can shake down the bird seed by wobbling the buddleia and then they try to plant it everywhere
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Keinnaf

random plants and flowers in our garden - help please

oh and it would be nice if number 7 was a fuchsia. I did have a few but my husband packed up the garden when we moved (I was a bit busy with the kids) and I thought it had either got left behind...
    oh and it would be nice if number 7 was a fuchsia. I did have a few but my husband packed up the garden when we moved (I was a bit busy with the kids) and I thought it had either got left behind or died off. they are one of my favourite flowers so as it now looks really healthy it would be great...
    oh and it would be nice if number 7 was a fuchsia. I did have a few but my husband packed up the garden when we moved (I was a bit busy with the kids) and I thought it had either got left behind or died off. they are one of my favourite flowers...
    oh and it would be nice if number 7 was a fuchsia. I did have a few but my husband packed up the garden when we moved (I was a bit busy with the kids) and I thought it had either got left behind...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice