1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Zertie

Anyone know what these are?

Thank you!Julie, thank you so much :-) Now that I know what it is (I've looked it up and it is 100% sure it's thrips). I've sprayed them with garlic water to start with and will be heading out...
    Thank you!Julie, thank you so much :-) Now that I know what it is (I've looked it up and it is 100% sure it's thrips). I've sprayed them with garlic water to start with and will be heading out to find something else to spray on them this afternoon. Thanks again :-)
    Thank you!Julie, thank you so much :-) Now that I know what it is (I've looked it up and it is 100% sure it's thrips). I've sprayed them with garlic water to start with and will be heading out to find something else to spray on them this...
    Thank you!Julie, thank you so much :-) Now that I know what it is (I've looked it up and it is 100% sure it's thrips). I've sprayed them with garlic water to start with and will be heading out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. soundant

What's this lovely plant?

i have several clumps of lucifer stunning plant love it and very in your face
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. stumorphmac

please name me

Thanks pete and diatheplant cheked it out and google and would say you are both right , I va e been a gardener for 40 years but first time Ive seen this oneThanks agian
    Thanks pete and diatheplant cheked it out and google and would say you are both right , I va e been a gardener for 40 years but first time Ive seen this oneThanks agian
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Grib

Plant identification

You have something floating about, could it be Spirodela polyrhiza (the big duckweed in English?)The others are indeed Menyanthes trifoliata and some Nymphaea.
    You have something floating about, could it be Spirodela polyrhiza (the big duckweed in English?)The others are indeed Menyanthes trifoliata and some Nymphaea.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Jo Sara

Can you ID any of these?

From the middle post with flowers, the first succulent with thick leaves is a Seedum of some sort, but as there are loads of variates that look like that, so your unlikely to get any good ID on...
    From the middle post with flowers, the first succulent with thick leaves is a Seedum of some sort, but as there are loads of variates that look like that, so your unlikely to get any good ID on that until if flowers.The last one from the middle post, the one with the red leaves could be...
    From the middle post with flowers, the first succulent with thick leaves is a Seedum of some sort, but as there are loads of variates that look like that, so your unlikely to get any good ID on that until if flowers.The last one from the...
    From the middle post with flowers, the first succulent with thick leaves is a Seedum of some sort, but as there are loads of variates that look like that, so your unlikely to get any good ID on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. mickwall

Id please

Thanks Marley i thought it might be as well but got confused by looking it up in an old book. Must have had another name or somthing completley different, it was long ago and i am getting old lol
    Thanks Marley i thought it might be as well but got confused by looking it up in an old book. Must have had another name or somthing completley different, it was long ago and i am getting old lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. julie-cornwall

Plug plants ID please?

Yes Spruce, it is still owned by the Armstrongs (since 1979). I only remember the staff accommodation on Tower road, which goes up from the roundabout by the Red Lion. They were sold about 8-9...
    Yes Spruce, it is still owned by the Armstrongs (since 1979). I only remember the staff accommodation on Tower road, which goes up from the roundabout by the Red Lion. They were sold about 8-9 years ago. When did you work at the Headland?
    Yes Spruce, it is still owned by the Armstrongs (since 1979). I only remember the staff accommodation on Tower road, which goes up from the roundabout by the Red Lion. They were sold about 8-9 years ago. When did you work at the Headland?
    Yes Spruce, it is still owned by the Armstrongs (since 1979). I only remember the staff accommodation on Tower road, which goes up from the roundabout by the Red Lion. They were sold about 8-9...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Pixie

tree or shrub?

HiNot that experienced but why is ash considered good for the bin? Is it like a weed?
    HiNot that experienced but why is ash considered good for the bin? Is it like a weed?
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. islayhawk

what weed

:thumbsup: Yes I agree, I think it is probably Epilobium monta'num or better known as the Broadleaved Willow-herb.. It gets to about 18-24" high.. It spreads by suckers & runners underground once...
    :thumbsup: Yes I agree, I think it is probably Epilobium monta'num or better known as the Broadleaved Willow-herb.. It gets to about 18-24" high.. It spreads by suckers & runners underground once established.. I think they are pretty & let mine flower then as soon as they have flowered I pill them up..!!...
    :thumbsup: Yes I agree, I think it is probably Epilobium monta'num or better known as the Broadleaved Willow-herb.. It gets to about 18-24" high.. It spreads by suckers & runners underground once established.. I think they are pretty & let mine flower then...
    :thumbsup: Yes I agree, I think it is probably Epilobium monta'num or better known as the Broadleaved Willow-herb.. It gets to about 18-24" high.. It spreads by suckers & runners underground once...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. anita

ID scrub please...

Next year, cut the stems down to ground level late February / early March.:dbgrtmb:
    Next year, cut the stems down to ground level late February / early March.:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Trunky

How did it get there?

:) Nice One JWK. Ah, well whatever the explanation, it's one of the joys of gardening isn't it, when nature throws in these little surprises every now and then.
    :) Nice One JWK. Ah, well whatever the explanation, it's one of the joys of gardening isn't it, when nature throws in these little surprises every now and then.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. babafang

A weed or not a weed?

AKA Papaver Somniferum (Opium Poppy):So be careful about making Arum root rolls/bagels topped with poppy seeds.
    AKA Papaver Somniferum (Opium Poppy):So be careful about making Arum root rolls/bagels topped with poppy seeds.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. HBK

Two Common Plants

Everything the others have said :dbgrtmb: BUT if the elderberry is in the patio you had better get rid of it quickly. Elderberry is nice if it's in the right place. The common elderberry you have there...
    Everything the others have said :dbgrtmb: BUT if the elderberry is in the patio you had better get rid of it quickly. Elderberry is nice if it's in the right place. The common elderberry you have there can grow to a height of 15 - 20ft and is a rapid grower. If you prune it can branch out similar to...
    Everything the others have said :dbgrtmb: BUT if the elderberry is in the patio you had better get rid of it quickly. Elderberry is nice if it's in the right place. The common elderberry you have there can grow to a height of 15 - 20ft and is a rapid...
    Everything the others have said :dbgrtmb: BUT if the elderberry is in the patio you had better get rid of it quickly. Elderberry is nice if it's in the right place. The common elderberry you have there...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. madmax

Unidentified Tree....

Hi about 30 feet high , I grew it at my old house I got from Woolworths I think £3.99 the old guy next door would tell me everyyear the birds have eaten most of them !!!! little did he know I...
    Hi about 30 feet high , I grew it at my old house I got from Woolworths I think £3.99 the old guy next door would tell me everyyear the birds have eaten most of them !!!! little did he know I netted all the lower branches , as if I could net a 30 foot tree !!With Cherry you prune in the...
    Hi about 30 feet high , I grew it at my old house I got from Woolworths I think £3.99 the old guy next door would tell me everyyear the birds have eaten most of them !!!! little did he know I netted all the lower branches , as if I could net a 30...
    Hi about 30 feet high , I grew it at my old house I got from Woolworths I think £3.99 the old guy next door would tell me everyyear the birds have eaten most of them !!!! little did he know I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Kedi-Gato

unknown small tree in friend's garden ...

:thumbsup: I totally agree with Silver Surfer, Prunus serotina, Kedi..
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. mickwall

Geranium id

Hi Victoria. I have just come back from a few days away and am catching up. I spoke to the gardeners at Temple Newsam, who hold National Collections for quite a lot of plants. They have a...
    Hi Victoria. I have just come back from a few days away and am catching up. I spoke to the gardeners at Temple Newsam, who hold National Collections for quite a lot of plants. They have a fabulous collection of these climbing Geraniums, but I seem to remember them telling me that they weren't...
    Hi Victoria. I have just come back from a few days away and am catching up. I spoke to the gardeners at Temple Newsam, who hold National Collections for quite a lot of plants. They have a fabulous collection of these climbing Geraniums, but I...
    Hi Victoria. I have just come back from a few days away and am catching up. I spoke to the gardeners at Temple Newsam, who hold National Collections for quite a lot of plants. They have a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Marley Farley

Does Anyone know what this beautiful tree is.?

:yahoo:Thanks I knew someone would know..... :yay: :DOH: Funny how you can go through life totally oblivious of such beauty.. Yes it does grow near a brick wall in a very sunny sheltered spot.. I am so glad...
    :yahoo:Thanks I knew someone would know..... :yay: :DOH: Funny how you can go through life totally oblivious of such beauty.. Yes it does grow near a brick wall in a very sunny sheltered spot.. I am so glad you said about the hairs on it, although I don't think there is any intention to do anything to...
    :yahoo:Thanks I knew someone would know..... :yay: :DOH: Funny how you can go through life totally oblivious of such beauty.. Yes it does grow near a brick wall in a very sunny sheltered spot.. I am so glad you said about the hairs on it, although I don't...
    :yahoo:Thanks I knew someone would know..... :yay: :DOH: Funny how you can go through life totally oblivious of such beauty.. Yes it does grow near a brick wall in a very sunny sheltered spot.. I am so glad...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. exlabman

any ideas?

As Silver Surfer says, C. montana a.k.a. Perennial cornflower...as I think I said at the time? I love these plants, but they do tend to spread about a lot if you let them seed.
    As Silver Surfer says, C. montana a.k.a. Perennial cornflower...as I think I said at the time? I love these plants, but they do tend to spread about a lot if you let them seed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Triffid

Wondering what this is and what to do with it?

Hi Triffid, they look like Primroses to me.. Yes they are dying back now but they are a perennial so will be back next year.. They do look a rather cramped clump.. I would defo dig them up &...
    Hi Triffid, they look like Primroses to me.. Yes they are dying back now but they are a perennial so will be back next year.. They do look a rather cramped clump.. I would defo dig them up & split them off into smaller plants & plant elsewhere in your garden for next year.. You will need to...
    Hi Triffid, they look like Primroses to me.. Yes they are dying back now but they are a perennial so will be back next year.. They do look a rather cramped clump.. I would defo dig them up & split them off into smaller plants & plant elsewhere...
    Hi Triffid, they look like Primroses to me.. Yes they are dying back now but they are a perennial so will be back next year.. They do look a rather cramped clump.. I would defo dig them up &...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. sa100

Another one please

Thanks for your help with this
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice