Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. flowerfan

Any ideas for this one?

Hi Aesculus and theruralgardener,Thanks very much for your help. It could be an astilbe, now that I think of it, there are a few of them in the garden, but a different variety. I've never...
    Hi Aesculus and theruralgardener,Thanks very much for your help. It could be an astilbe, now that I think of it, there are a few of them in the garden, but a different variety. I've never actually seen the thing flower, it just grows into a nice thick clump by the end of the summer every year...
    Hi Aesculus and theruralgardener,Thanks very much for your help. It could be an astilbe, now that I think of it, there are a few of them in the garden, but a different variety. I've never actually seen the thing flower, it just grows into a...
    Hi Aesculus and theruralgardener,Thanks very much for your help. It could be an astilbe, now that I think of it, there are a few of them in the garden, but a different variety. I've never...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Phil A

Anglers Need ID too

Hi Bilbo on taking a chance that will have Camellia on my face:heehee: and it would,nt be the first time:)I will stick with Magnolia Stellata my reason being that Magnolia Leonard Messel has 12 petals and...
    Hi Bilbo on taking a chance that will have Camellia on my face:heehee: and it would,nt be the first time:)I will stick with Magnolia Stellata my reason being that Magnolia Leonard Messel has 12 petals and has a pink tinge to it,we will have to wait until one of our Camellia expert friend,s comes along.:)...
    Hi Bilbo on taking a chance that will have Camellia on my face:heehee: and it would,nt be the first time:)I will stick with Magnolia Stellata my reason being that Magnolia Leonard Messel has 12 petals and has a pink tinge to it,we will have to wait until...
    Hi Bilbo on taking a chance that will have Camellia on my face:heehee: and it would,nt be the first time:)I will stick with Magnolia Stellata my reason being that Magnolia Leonard Messel has 12 petals and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Briton

Could anyone ID these two shrubs?

The first is Kerria japonica Flore Plena, the second, as has been said, is Ceanothus possibly one of the arboreus varieties.:dbgrtmb:
    The first is Kerria japonica Flore Plena, the second, as has been said, is Ceanothus possibly one of the arboreus varieties.:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. exlabman

two please

second pic is definately a hebe
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. zoecr

Please Help!

Hi ziggy, Peter is right. Seeds have never been banned in this country except for those on the 'Prohibited Plants' list. The rules are even more lenient than they used to be. In the old...
    Hi ziggy, Peter is right. Seeds have never been banned in this country except for those on the 'Prohibited Plants' list. The rules are even more lenient than they used to be. In the old days, from the Customs point of view, there were three categories of plants. Allowed, Restricted and...
    Hi ziggy, Peter is right. Seeds have never been banned in this country except for those on the 'Prohibited Plants' list. The rules are even more lenient than they used to be. In the old days, from the Customs point of view, there were...
    Hi ziggy, Peter is right. Seeds have never been banned in this country except for those on the 'Prohibited Plants' list. The rules are even more lenient than they used to be. In the old...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Louise

Id please

Me too. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Chopper
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Chiaroscuro

A Couple More for You

Thank you both!Thanks for the advice davy, I had cut some of the canes back but there were ladybirds living on the others so I've left them there for now. :)
    Thank you both!Thanks for the advice davy, I had cut some of the canes back but there were ladybirds living on the others so I've left them there for now. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. strongylodon

Fuchsia ID

Val, the flower is similar to Winston Churchill but not the leaves, I'll try and get a pic of a young plant I have at work showing the leaf colour.
    Val, the flower is similar to Winston Churchill but not the leaves, I'll try and get a pic of a young plant I have at work showing the leaf colour.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Cruiser82

All over my lawn! What are these?

:scratch: Hi cruiser, my first thought is obviously something has self seeded..As they are seedlings... Do you have many plants around your lawn that are self seeding for starters..? Could it be seeds...
    :scratch: Hi cruiser, my first thought is obviously something has self seeded..As they are seedlings... Do you have many plants around your lawn that are self seeding for starters..? Could it be seeds from one of them or any annuals you grew last year that have seeded..:scratch: To me at present they do...
    :scratch: Hi cruiser, my first thought is obviously something has self seeded..As they are seedlings... Do you have many plants around your lawn that are self seeding for starters..? Could it be seeds from one of them or any annuals you grew last year...
    :scratch: Hi cruiser, my first thought is obviously something has self seeded..As they are seedlings... Do you have many plants around your lawn that are self seeding for starters..? Could it be seeds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. dobber

Help again please

Looks like Escallonia from what I can make out, but as mentioned a close up of the leaves would be good . Dave
    Looks like Escallonia from what I can make out, but as mentioned a close up of the leaves would be good . Dave
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Jungle Jane
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Cruiser82

All over my lawn! What are these?

Hi all, These are all over my lawn. Literally hundreds of them and seemed to have sprung up between the new year and now. There are quite a few trees overlooking the garden if it helps,...
    Hi all, These are all over my lawn. Literally hundreds of them and seemed to have sprung up between the new year and now. There are quite a few trees overlooking the garden if it helps, but we've never had this problem before, this is the first time. What are they? How do I get rid...
    Hi all, These are all over my lawn. Literally hundreds of them and seemed to have sprung up between the new year and now. There are quite a few trees overlooking the garden if it helps, but we've never had this problem before, this is...
    Hi all, These are all over my lawn. Literally hundreds of them and seemed to have sprung up between the new year and now. There are quite a few trees overlooking the garden if it helps,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Louise

3 to ID please

Spent all day trying to get the cranesbill out, what a nightmare! The roots are horrible. Still a load left and I think I will be pulling it out for years to come. Not a plant I would recommend...
    Spent all day trying to get the cranesbill out, what a nightmare! The roots are horrible. Still a load left and I think I will be pulling it out for years to come. Not a plant I would recommend for the garden.
    Spent all day trying to get the cranesbill out, what a nightmare! The roots are horrible. Still a load left and I think I will be pulling it out for years to come. Not a plant I would recommend for the garden.
    Spent all day trying to get the cranesbill out, what a nightmare! The roots are horrible. Still a load left and I think I will be pulling it out for years to come. Not a plant I would recommend...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Louise

Grassy weed with bulb?

Ok thanks, the bulb smells a bit oniony, so it'll be interesting to see what it is.
    Ok thanks, the bulb smells a bit oniony, so it'll be interesting to see what it is.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. bozykid

Id please

Unripe passion fruits gives you the wotsits, ripe Passion fruit is fine.[hr] Forgot the :D
    Unripe passion fruits gives you the wotsits, ripe Passion fruit is fine.[hr] Forgot the :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. dobber

What is this wonderful plant?

Thanks guys
    Thanks guys
    Thanks guys
    Thanks guys
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. dyancuevas

What kind of flower is this?

But the picture proves you cant :DWhere are you growing it? It appears to be in some kind of covered area or even a propagation type place.
    But the picture proves you cant :DWhere are you growing it? It appears to be in some kind of covered area or even a propagation type place.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Chiaroscuro

Is it a fern or just a really big weed?

Agreed a poppy:thumb:Dave
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Bunchie

Mystery Plant

I remember my granny telling me about them Ange.:rofl::dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice