1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. GhostyDog

Help identifying a tree/bush/wall thing with leaves

Definitely Hydrangea petiolaris.:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. BeaLovesFood

Any ideas what these might be?

Hi Everyone,For Christmas I was given a box of seeds that you plant 4" deep and 'things' grow. It's all edible and a few little plants have started to popped through I've put a picture on...
    Hi Everyone,For Christmas I was given a box of seeds that you plant 4" deep and 'things' grow. It's all edible and a few little plants have started to popped through I've put a picture on my blog, here - would you be able to help me identify them please?For The Love of Food: Sowing...
    Hi Everyone,For Christmas I was given a box of seeds that you plant 4" deep and 'things' grow. It's all edible and a few little plants have started to popped through I've put a picture on my blog, here - would you be able to help me...
    Hi Everyone,For Christmas I was given a box of seeds that you plant 4" deep and 'things' grow. It's all edible and a few little plants have started to popped through I've put a picture on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. clueless1

Mushroom ID please

They're not there now Zig, they come up in late summer and autumn. I was just sorting through my pics when found those ones from the back end of last year.To tell the truth, I'm worried that...
    They're not there now Zig, they come up in late summer and autumn. I was just sorting through my pics when found those ones from the back end of last year.To tell the truth, I'm worried that they might be Amanita Phalloides, aka Death Cap. They start off small and pointed, with a little...
    They're not there now Zig, they come up in late summer and autumn. I was just sorting through my pics when found those ones from the back end of last year.To tell the truth, I'm worried that they might be Amanita Phalloides, aka Death Cap. They...
    They're not there now Zig, they come up in late summer and autumn. I was just sorting through my pics when found those ones from the back end of last year.To tell the truth, I'm worried that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. paynie

Tree, no idea

look on the bright side. You'll be able to make rowan jelly with the berries and your apples! :sunny:
    look on the bright side. You'll be able to make rowan jelly with the berries and your apples! :sunny:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. gerkin50

acer id

bump
    bump
    bump
    bump
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Francis

White Rose? ID?

That one looks like a contender to me =]
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. jazzy

Identification please? Blackcurrant Bush??

Thank you so much for your answers:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl

Please could you I D this

Yes, Sisyrinchium.:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. sadowska

get rid... or contain?

Perhaps a dumb question, after spraying (glysophate) how long should I leave it before digging it out? I don't want to act too soon and end up with lots of surviving root fragments. Sprayed on...
    Perhaps a dumb question, after spraying (glysophate) how long should I leave it before digging it out? I don't want to act too soon and end up with lots of surviving root fragments. Sprayed on fri, leaves are starting to go brown, but how long before it knackers the roots properly for me? I...
    Perhaps a dumb question, after spraying (glysophate) how long should I leave it before digging it out? I don't want to act too soon and end up with lots of surviving root fragments. Sprayed on fri, leaves are starting to go brown, but how long...
    Perhaps a dumb question, after spraying (glysophate) how long should I leave it before digging it out? I don't want to act too soon and end up with lots of surviving root fragments. Sprayed on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. dobber

Any Ideas?

Thanks guys
    Thanks guys
    Thanks guys
    Thanks guys
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Lady_Gardener

I think I've got Ground Elder in my lawn

We used Roundup in hand-sprayer at a previous property to eradicate Ground Elder from the flower beds. It took a couple of years, and we killed a few wanted-plants in the process, but it did...
    We used Roundup in hand-sprayer at a previous property to eradicate Ground Elder from the flower beds. It took a couple of years, and we killed a few wanted-plants in the process, but it did work. After we did an initial, careful, time consuming spray using cardboard sheets to protect plants...
    We used Roundup in hand-sprayer at a previous property to eradicate Ground Elder from the flower beds. It took a couple of years, and we killed a few wanted-plants in the process, but it did work. After we did an initial, careful, time consuming...
    We used Roundup in hand-sprayer at a previous property to eradicate Ground Elder from the flower beds. It took a couple of years, and we killed a few wanted-plants in the process, but it did...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Jungle Jane

Is This An Ornamental Poppy?

I am disappointed. I don't like Anemone's :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Briton

Could anyone ID two more shrubs for me?

Thanks again guys. Great help.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. flowerfan

Any ideas for this one?

Hi Aesculus and theruralgardener,Thanks very much for your help. It could be an astilbe, now that I think of it, there are a few of them in the garden, but a different variety. I've never...
    Hi Aesculus and theruralgardener,Thanks very much for your help. It could be an astilbe, now that I think of it, there are a few of them in the garden, but a different variety. I've never actually seen the thing flower, it just grows into a nice thick clump by the end of the summer every year...
    Hi Aesculus and theruralgardener,Thanks very much for your help. It could be an astilbe, now that I think of it, there are a few of them in the garden, but a different variety. I've never actually seen the thing flower, it just grows into a...
    Hi Aesculus and theruralgardener,Thanks very much for your help. It could be an astilbe, now that I think of it, there are a few of them in the garden, but a different variety. I've never...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Phil A

Anglers Need ID too

Hi Bilbo on taking a chance that will have Camellia on my face:heehee: and it would,nt be the first time:)I will stick with Magnolia Stellata my reason being that Magnolia Leonard Messel has 12 petals and...
    Hi Bilbo on taking a chance that will have Camellia on my face:heehee: and it would,nt be the first time:)I will stick with Magnolia Stellata my reason being that Magnolia Leonard Messel has 12 petals and has a pink tinge to it,we will have to wait until one of our Camellia expert friend,s comes along.:)...
    Hi Bilbo on taking a chance that will have Camellia on my face:heehee: and it would,nt be the first time:)I will stick with Magnolia Stellata my reason being that Magnolia Leonard Messel has 12 petals and has a pink tinge to it,we will have to wait until...
    Hi Bilbo on taking a chance that will have Camellia on my face:heehee: and it would,nt be the first time:)I will stick with Magnolia Stellata my reason being that Magnolia Leonard Messel has 12 petals and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Briton

Could anyone ID these two shrubs?

The first is Kerria japonica Flore Plena, the second, as has been said, is Ceanothus possibly one of the arboreus varieties.:dbgrtmb:
    The first is Kerria japonica Flore Plena, the second, as has been said, is Ceanothus possibly one of the arboreus varieties.:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. exlabman

two please

second pic is definately a hebe
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. zoecr

Please Help!

Hi ziggy, Peter is right. Seeds have never been banned in this country except for those on the 'Prohibited Plants' list. The rules are even more lenient than they used to be. In the old...
    Hi ziggy, Peter is right. Seeds have never been banned in this country except for those on the 'Prohibited Plants' list. The rules are even more lenient than they used to be. In the old days, from the Customs point of view, there were three categories of plants. Allowed, Restricted and...
    Hi ziggy, Peter is right. Seeds have never been banned in this country except for those on the 'Prohibited Plants' list. The rules are even more lenient than they used to be. In the old days, from the Customs point of view, there were...
    Hi ziggy, Peter is right. Seeds have never been banned in this country except for those on the 'Prohibited Plants' list. The rules are even more lenient than they used to be. In the old...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Louise

Id please

Me too. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Chopper
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice