1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Rex

How do i stop worms leaving casts in my lawn???

concrete it over.
    concrete it over.
    concrete it over.
    concrete it over.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Dave@Callans place

Lawn drainage

Yeah I feel sorry for you Dave. But when anyone mensions housing and floodplains in the same sentence I get nervous. At least as you say it slopes which should give the water somewhere to go....
    Yeah I feel sorry for you Dave. But when anyone mensions housing and floodplains in the same sentence I get nervous. At least as you say it slopes which should give the water somewhere to go. Eventually when the rain stops. Good luck.pete2255
    Yeah I feel sorry for you Dave. But when anyone mensions housing and floodplains in the same sentence I get nervous. At least as you say it slopes which should give the water somewhere to go. Eventually when the rain stops. Good luck....
    Yeah I feel sorry for you Dave. But when anyone mensions housing and floodplains in the same sentence I get nervous. At least as you say it slopes which should give the water somewhere to go....
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Adam

Sad lawn

Thanks for the advice... I'll wait until the spring and see if it perks up any, maybe reseed the patchy bits, give it a good feed and hope for the best!Adam
    Thanks for the advice... I'll wait until the spring and see if it perks up any, maybe reseed the patchy bits, give it a good feed and hope for the best!Adam
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Don

Lawn

Hi Don, Well believe it or not I mowed both of my lawns (on a high setting ) today (Sunday 30th January ). What I find is, the earlier the lawn is cut, the easier it is in the spring when the...
    Hi Don, Well believe it or not I mowed both of my lawns (on a high setting ) today (Sunday 30th January ). What I find is, the earlier the lawn is cut, the easier it is in the spring when the grass is actively growing. Now this might not be agreeable with everybody, because it will depend on...
    Hi Don, Well believe it or not I mowed both of my lawns (on a high setting ) today (Sunday 30th January ). What I find is, the earlier the lawn is cut, the easier it is in the spring when the grass is actively growing. Now this might not be...
    Hi Don, Well believe it or not I mowed both of my lawns (on a high setting ) today (Sunday 30th January ). What I find is, the earlier the lawn is cut, the easier it is in the spring when the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. betty

Water logged lawn

Thanks, have you tried this method?, did it work.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Hutch

lawnmowers

I think buying a lawnmower is very much dependant on what kind of finish you want on your lawn. If you're not fussy then yes a rotary mower is all you need. You can actually buy rotary mowers with...
    I think buying a lawnmower is very much dependant on what kind of finish you want on your lawn. If you're not fussy then yes a rotary mower is all you need. You can actually buy rotary mowers with a roller to give you that bowling green 'striped' look. These are not all that expensive either...
    I think buying a lawnmower is very much dependant on what kind of finish you want on your lawn. If you're not fussy then yes a rotary mower is all you need. You can actually buy rotary mowers with a roller to give you that bowling green 'striped'...
    I think buying a lawnmower is very much dependant on what kind of finish you want on your lawn. If you're not fussy then yes a rotary mower is all you need. You can actually buy rotary mowers with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. nemo

Neglected lawn

It would take me about a day to sort out you problem, strim the old grass down to as short as you can then run a mower over it to clean up all the dead grass, you should have stubs of grass by...
    It would take me about a day to sort out you problem, strim the old grass down to as short as you can then run a mower over it to clean up all the dead grass, you should have stubs of grass by this time, now run a rotavator over it all go down about 4 inches, rake of any old grass roots and burn...
    It would take me about a day to sort out you problem, strim the old grass down to as short as you can then run a mower over it to clean up all the dead grass, you should have stubs of grass by this time, now run a rotavator over it all go down...
    It would take me about a day to sort out you problem, strim the old grass down to as short as you can then run a mower over it to clean up all the dead grass, you should have stubs of grass by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Emma

New lawn

Personally I would spray with a glyphosate based spray such as Roundup, which is systemic. Follow the instructions carefully as it works best in warmer temps and needs a few weeks before anything...
    Personally I would spray with a glyphosate based spray such as Roundup, which is systemic. Follow the instructions carefully as it works best in warmer temps and needs a few weeks before anything happens. When all the grass is dead (maybe five to six weeks) clean the surface, rough up the soil...
    Personally I would spray with a glyphosate based spray such as Roundup, which is systemic. Follow the instructions carefully as it works best in warmer temps and needs a few weeks before anything happens. When all the grass is dead (maybe five to...
    Personally I would spray with a glyphosate based spray such as Roundup, which is systemic. Follow the instructions carefully as it works best in warmer temps and needs a few weeks before anything...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Linsey

What price is lawn turf

How much should it cost me to cover 14sq metres with new lawn turf. And any laying tips anyone may have for me. Thanks !
    How much should it cost me to cover 14sq metres with new lawn turf. And any laying tips anyone may have for me. Thanks !
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. TheRobster

Sloping lawn or not [marital dispute!]

I also have a sloping back garden and while I can't tell you exactly how much value you would add if you evened it out I CAN tell you that (speaking personally) it would be a shame not to be able...
    I also have a sloping back garden and while I can't tell you exactly how much value you would add if you evened it out I CAN tell you that (speaking personally) it would be a shame not to be able to sit out in it in summer. My advice: get it done and enjoy the great outdoors...when weather...
    I also have a sloping back garden and while I can't tell you exactly how much value you would add if you evened it out I CAN tell you that (speaking personally) it would be a shame not to be able to sit out in it in summer. My advice: get it...
    I also have a sloping back garden and while I can't tell you exactly how much value you would add if you evened it out I CAN tell you that (speaking personally) it would be a shame not to be able...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. brd

lumpy, bare moss covered lawn

thanks for the reply. the light it gets is quite good and theres not that many weeds. would you just buy bags of `TOP SOIL` from a gardening shop?
    thanks for the reply. the light it gets is quite good and theres not that many weeds. would you just buy bags of `TOP SOIL` from a gardening shop?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. andy

Lawn Aerator

You can hire heavy duty ones. Check yellow pages.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Steve s

Garden Lawn

Hi SteveHow much time do you have to spend on this? It is not a little job and is likely to take you ages of pretty hard work. First off you will need to get rid of the existing turf. Either...
    Hi SteveHow much time do you have to spend on this? It is not a little job and is likely to take you ages of pretty hard work. First off you will need to get rid of the existing turf. Either dig it up, use a turf cutter, or spray the lot with Glyphosate and wait till it dies. Be careful if...
    Hi SteveHow much time do you have to spend on this? It is not a little job and is likely to take you ages of pretty hard work. First off you will need to get rid of the existing turf. Either dig it up, use a turf cutter, or spray the lot...
    Hi SteveHow much time do you have to spend on this? It is not a little job and is likely to take you ages of pretty hard work. First off you will need to get rid of the existing turf. Either...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Donna2105

Mud Bath For a Lawn

Thank you all very much for the advise. I know where to come with my Gardening problems from now on.Donna
    Thank you all very much for the advise. I know where to come with my Gardening problems from now on.Donna
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. shah

Laying Turf over old lawn

If it's a reasonble lawn is there any reason you can't hire a turf cutter roll up your old lawn and put it back down on top of the new top soil?
    If it's a reasonble lawn is there any reason you can't hire a turf cutter roll up your old lawn and put it back down on top of the new top soil?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. steveh

evergreen lawn feed

Also - when cutting your grass after usung these products dont put the clippings on the compost heap. Should tell you this on the instructions!
    Also - when cutting your grass after usung these products dont put the clippings on the compost heap. Should tell you this on the instructions!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Nancy F

Lawn disease help required!

Hello allWe have a major viral like moss disease on our lawn. It's curly edged, top side blackish, underside white and it has has spread rapidly over the lawn.We recently put in extensive...
    Hello allWe have a major viral like moss disease on our lawn. It's curly edged, top side blackish, underside white and it has has spread rapidly over the lawn.We recently put in extensive drains and sumps, re seeded the worst affected areas, but to no avail.This year it's as bad as...
    Hello allWe have a major viral like moss disease on our lawn. It's curly edged, top side blackish, underside white and it has has spread rapidly over the lawn.We recently put in extensive drains and sumps, re seeded the worst affected...
    Hello allWe have a major viral like moss disease on our lawn. It's curly edged, top side blackish, underside white and it has has spread rapidly over the lawn.We recently put in extensive...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. sazza

Can anyone tell me why my lawn died???

Sounds like your garden is waterlogged, esp if it is wet after a dry period. For advice on drainage for a lawn, look to a good book about lawns. Also, you could look to advice from a good garden...
    Sounds like your garden is waterlogged, esp if it is wet after a dry period. For advice on drainage for a lawn, look to a good book about lawns. Also, you could look to advice from a good garden centre, they are always pleased to help. Do buy a soil testing kit, quite cheap and easy to use.
    Sounds like your garden is waterlogged, esp if it is wet after a dry period. For advice on drainage for a lawn, look to a good book about lawns. Also, you could look to advice from a good garden centre, they are always pleased to help. Do buy a...
    Sounds like your garden is waterlogged, esp if it is wet after a dry period. For advice on drainage for a lawn, look to a good book about lawns. Also, you could look to advice from a good garden...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Spendleb

Lawn help needed !!

Thanks Fran, I currently have very small shoots in about 7 places in the garden, 98% is still not growing though but we will persevere for a few weeks :)
    Thanks Fran, I currently have very small shoots in about 7 places in the garden, 98% is still not growing though but we will persevere for a few weeks :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Davidaevan

Leatherjackets & lawns

Hi Dave If the lawn isn't too big & you're not squeamish theres another method, which is watering the grass & covering the area with opaque plastic sheet over night, in the morning they will have...
    Hi Dave If the lawn isn't too big & you're not squeamish theres another method, which is watering the grass & covering the area with opaque plastic sheet over night, in the morning they will have come to the surface & you can pick them off & dispose of them in any way you like (try leaving some...
    Hi Dave If the lawn isn't too big & you're not squeamish theres another method, which is watering the grass & covering the area with opaque plastic sheet over night, in the morning they will have come to the surface & you can pick them off &...
    Hi Dave If the lawn isn't too big & you're not squeamish theres another method, which is watering the grass & covering the area with opaque plastic sheet over night, in the morning they will have...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice