1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Melannie

Bad neighbour not cutting grass :(

Melannie, sometimes we just have to accept that there are plonkers in this world and get on with our lives despite them! It's all a question of mind over matter - if you don't mind, then it...
    Melannie, sometimes we just have to accept that there are plonkers in this world and get on with our lives despite them! It's all a question of mind over matter - if you don't mind, then it doesn't matter! :heehee: Having given forth of that little bon mot of wisdom, I am therefore closing this...
    Melannie, sometimes we just have to accept that there are plonkers in this world and get on with our lives despite them! It's all a question of mind over matter - if you don't mind, then it doesn't matter! :heehee: Having given forth of that little...
    Melannie, sometimes we just have to accept that there are plonkers in this world and get on with our lives despite them! It's all a question of mind over matter - if you don't mind, then it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. mosamahab

Renovate or maybe start from scratch.

Glyphosate would mean killing about 50% of grass with it.Gonna have to try other methods.
    Glyphosate would mean killing about 50% of grass with it.Gonna have to try other methods.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. hoofy

Starting lawn from scratch

Made the most of the warm weather today and gave it a new year cut.
    Soil test 001.jpg 20210617_190458.jpg 20210617_190513.jpg 20210626_190957.jpg 20210626_191007.jpg 20210626_191021.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. intermiplants

the last cut?

inter, I might think about swapping at some time but don't hold your breathe :D . I don't feed, rake, scarify or weedkill any of my lawns. The lawn in the picture takes something less than 30...
    inter, I might think about swapping at some time but don't hold your breathe :D . I don't feed, rake, scarify or weedkill any of my lawns. The lawn in the picture takes something less than 30 minutes. Apart from two very small lawns that take more time getting the mower to them and then...
    inter, I might think about swapping at some time but don't hold your breathe :D . I don't feed, rake, scarify or weedkill any of my lawns. The lawn in the picture takes something less than 30 minutes. Apart from two very small lawns that...
    inter, I might think about swapping at some time but don't hold your breathe :D . I don't feed, rake, scarify or weedkill any of my lawns. The lawn in the picture takes something less than 30...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Car.crash

Building a new lawn

I would say that it's done well and for the minimal cost it looks good. Just treated it with verdone then I'll fertilise again as its 6 weeks is up.
    I would say that it's done well and for the minimal cost it looks good. Just treated it with verdone then I'll fertilise again as its 6 weeks is up.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. simon_the _shrub

lawn conundrum

mow it twice .... but wait till midday or early afternoon on the 1st pass, raise the mower then wait a while, lower the mower to the correct height and mow again, but don't remove more than...
    mow it twice .... but wait till midday or early afternoon on the 1st pass, raise the mower then wait a while, lower the mower to the correct height and mow again, but don't remove more than the top 1/3 of lawn
    mow it twice .... but wait till midday or early afternoon on the 1st pass, raise the mower then wait a while, lower the mower to the correct height and mow again, but don't remove more than the top 1/3 of lawn
    mow it twice .... but wait till midday or early afternoon on the 1st pass, raise the mower then wait a while, lower the mower to the correct height and mow again, but don't remove more than...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Aaron Cabrele

New lawn + hosepipe ban = HELP!!

You'll need to ease-up during the 28 days, rather than just "stop" on day 28 (as the grass won't be acclimatised to "no water"!). I suggest that if the weather is not hot you delay the next...
    You'll need to ease-up during the 28 days, rather than just "stop" on day 28 (as the grass won't be acclimatised to "no water"!). I suggest that if the weather is not hot you delay the next drench. Maybe make a timetable so you are down to every 4 days by the end of 28 days. I think you will...
    You'll need to ease-up during the 28 days, rather than just "stop" on day 28 (as the grass won't be acclimatised to "no water"!). I suggest that if the weather is not hot you delay the next drench. Maybe make a timetable so you are down to...
    You'll need to ease-up during the 28 days, rather than just "stop" on day 28 (as the grass won't be acclimatised to "no water"!). I suggest that if the weather is not hot you delay the next...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Fat Controller
    Like x 3

Operation 'Lawn' is in full swing!

At the moment, it is too long! I am back at work, and when I have had time off it has been p-p-p-p-persisting down with rain, hence the lawn is in dire need of a mowing. Otherwise, it is pretty...
    At the moment, it is too long! I am back at work, and when I have had time off it has been p-p-p-p-persisting down with rain, hence the lawn is in dire need of a mowing. Otherwise, it is pretty good - definitely worth the effort.
    At the moment, it is too long! I am back at work, and when I have had time off it has been p-p-p-p-persisting down with rain, hence the lawn is in dire need of a mowing. Otherwise, it is pretty good - definitely worth the effort.
    At the moment, it is too long! I am back at work, and when I have had time off it has been p-p-p-p-persisting down with rain, hence the lawn is in dire need of a mowing. Otherwise, it is pretty...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. mcmac74

HELP! squirrel digging up lawn

We had one visit the garden last week for the first time ever it was actually legging it out the greenhouse, when I got in there it had knocked 6 plants off the top shelf they are needless to say...
    We had one visit the garden last week for the first time ever it was actually legging it out the greenhouse, when I got in there it had knocked 6 plants off the top shelf they are needless to say not welcome.They are responsible for robbing birds eggs and play havoc with our feathered friends in...
    We had one visit the garden last week for the first time ever it was actually legging it out the greenhouse, when I got in there it had knocked 6 plants off the top shelf they are needless to say not welcome.They are responsible for robbing birds...
    We had one visit the garden last week for the first time ever it was actually legging it out the greenhouse, when I got in there it had knocked 6 plants off the top shelf they are needless to say...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. hoofy

Scarifying and patch magic.

I would normally say it’s easier to stay with Evergreen products as you will have the settings for your spreader. They have changed a bit though and while they do a fert only it’s a high N which...
    I would normally say it’s easier to stay with Evergreen products as you will have the settings for your spreader. They have changed a bit though and while they do a fert only it’s a high N which I’m not keen on as it creates flush growth which can create issues. As it’s still early and as...
    I would normally say it’s easier to stay with Evergreen products as you will have the settings for your spreader. They have changed a bit though and while they do a fert only it’s a high N which I’m not keen on as it creates flush growth which...
    I would normally say it’s easier to stay with Evergreen products as you will have the settings for your spreader. They have changed a bit though and while they do a fert only it’s a high N which...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Hardik Waghela

Need Advise for new Lawn and levelling the garden

Are we relayinh wembley stadium….all this sounds like overkill to me having just killed off and reseeded my own garden, i did none of whats being advised here
    Are we relayinh wembley stadium….all this sounds like overkill to me having just killed off and reseeded my own garden, i did none of whats being advised here
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Dan Dollin
    Like x 4

Grass is always greener...

That's the sort of thing my other half would say Al n and mean it! :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. The Wizard

Problems after overseeding

Thanks KrisThis constant damp conditions aren't making it easy. I could do with some dry weather to let the soil dry out.
    Thanks KrisThis constant damp conditions aren't making it easy. I could do with some dry weather to let the soil dry out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. LawnAndOrder

Recently Over-seeded Lawn

To merit such an accolade from “Liz” is the equivalent of receiving a knighthood!A Law(n) Knight now, I am honoured and will endeavour to remain worthy, come what May 2023, when the dreaded PA...
    To merit such an accolade from “Liz” is the equivalent of receiving a knighthood!A Law(n) Knight now, I am honoured and will endeavour to remain worthy, come what May 2023, when the dreaded PA returns.
    To merit such an accolade from “Liz” is the equivalent of receiving a knighthood!A Law(n) Knight now, I am honoured and will endeavour to remain worthy, come what May 2023, when the dreaded PA returns.
    To merit such an accolade from “Liz” is the equivalent of receiving a knighthood!A Law(n) Knight now, I am honoured and will endeavour to remain worthy, come what May 2023, when the dreaded PA...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. timcs

Problem with Petrol Mower - Mountfield SP414

All I have decided after all to get the mower serviced/repaired for around £50, so fingers crossed and thank you all for your help and input on this matter.ThanksTimCS
    All I have decided after all to get the mower serviced/repaired for around £50, so fingers crossed and thank you all for your help and input on this matter.ThanksTimCS
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Armature_Gardner

Will my lawn grow?

Its a lovely hose and I did manage to spot it :biggrin: - An Armature is the central winding of an electric motor , thought it was a play on words .
    Its a lovely hose and I did manage to spot it :biggrin: - An Armature is the central winding of an electric motor , thought it was a play on words .
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Blade

The age old question

thanks Al , ive not been able to anything because of all the rain weve had ! so should i seed the bald spots or just do as you say , how will grass grow on bald patches without seeding , or am i...
    thanks Al , ive not been able to anything because of all the rain weve had ! so should i seed the bald spots or just do as you say , how will grass grow on bald patches without seeding , or am i mising something ? thanks again :)
    thanks Al , ive not been able to anything because of all the rain weve had ! so should i seed the bald spots or just do as you say , how will grass grow on bald patches without seeding , or am i mising something ? thanks again :)
    thanks Al , ive not been able to anything because of all the rain weve had ! so should i seed the bald spots or just do as you say , how will grass grow on bald patches without seeding , or am i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. RichGDN

Gardener recommending putting lawn on a "membrane" is this right?

not at the golf club I’m at. Everything is done by the book and every record is kept. If a club does practice that then everything else will be of poor standard. If you have concerns about safety...
    not at the golf club I’m at. Everything is done by the book and every record is kept. If a club does practice that then everything else will be of poor standard. If you have concerns about safety then HSE are the ones to contact.personally on a public forum it’s not my job to criticise or...
    not at the golf club I’m at. Everything is done by the book and every record is kept. If a club does practice that then everything else will be of poor standard. If you have concerns about safety then HSE are the ones to contact.personally on...
    not at the golf club I’m at. Everything is done by the book and every record is kept. If a club does practice that then everything else will be of poor standard. If you have concerns about safety...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. chris_elevate

Aerating a lawn

I have an electric scarifier and only used it once in the six or seven years I've owned it. I don't even know if it still works, time to find out I think.
    I have an electric scarifier and only used it once in the six or seven years I've owned it. I don't even know if it still works, time to find out I think.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Lou55

Does this look like topsoil please?

If you check out the forum thread in off topic, 'Your day (apart from gardening) what took place' You'll see appropriate discussions Guy ;)
    If you check out the forum thread in off topic, 'Your day (apart from gardening) what took place' You'll see appropriate discussions Guy ;)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice