1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. rustyroots

Chickens.

:yahoo::hapfeet: :yahoo: I am so thrilled for you!!!! :hapydancsmil:How did you eat it? ;)
    :yahoo::hapfeet: :yahoo: I am so thrilled for you!!!! :hapydancsmil:How did you eat it? ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. NigelJ
    Informative x 4

Lock up your birds

As I said yesterday I left the incubator on for another day and yesterday’s gut feeling that they were done was wrong, as this morning there were another 3 chicks hatched, they sound chirpy and...
    As I said yesterday I left the incubator on for another day and yesterday’s gut feeling that they were done was wrong, as this morning there were another 3 chicks hatched, they sound chirpy and look healthy, I quickly whipped them out of the incubator and are now in with the rest, in the brooder...
    As I said yesterday I left the incubator on for another day and yesterday’s gut feeling that they were done was wrong, as this morning there were another 3 chicks hatched, they sound chirpy and look healthy, I quickly whipped them out of the...
    As I said yesterday I left the incubator on for another day and yesterday’s gut feeling that they were done was wrong, as this morning there were another 3 chicks hatched, they sound chirpy and...
    IMG_1851.PNG IMG_1752.PNG IMG-20210316-WA0001.jpg 20201030_171349.jpg 20210331_124531.jpg 20210331_124536.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. RandyRos

Going to try hatching for the first time, advice?

welcome to the world pretty thing!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. joolz68

Growing chicken feed help

Awww lovely Joolz....all looking well....:dbgrtmb:...i see Sid's keeping an eye on them;)
    Awww lovely Joolz....all looking well....:dbgrtmb:...i see Sid's keeping an eye on them;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Sarah Giles

Noob alert...

It's lovely to see them settling in :chicken: It looks like the cats have found out where they are in the pecking order:biggrin::thumbsup:
    It's lovely to see them settling in :chicken: It looks like the cats have found out where they are in the pecking order:biggrin::thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Lolimac
    Friendly x 9

Poorly Poppy...

So sorry loli:sad:,hope your ok xx
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Dan The Man

Chickens on a patio

Glad I found this thread I have been thinking of maybe getting some chooks in the last few weeks and I have found this most informative. Just a quick question roughly how much does it cost to buy...
    Glad I found this thread I have been thinking of maybe getting some chooks in the last few weeks and I have found this most informative. Just a quick question roughly how much does it cost to buy a coop and how much does it cost to feed them? Rusty
    Glad I found this thread I have been thinking of maybe getting some chooks in the last few weeks and I have found this most informative. Just a quick question roughly how much does it cost to buy a coop and how much does it cost to feed them? Rusty
    Glad I found this thread I have been thinking of maybe getting some chooks in the last few weeks and I have found this most informative. Just a quick question roughly how much does it cost to buy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Scrungee
    Like x 14

Four new hens

I have alway introduce new hens at night time when they are at roost dont seem to have any bother in the morning. I dont think there like humans,:) can you imagine :runforhills:waaaaah who the hell are you how...
    I have alway introduce new hens at night time when they are at roost dont seem to have any bother in the morning. I dont think there like humans,:) can you imagine :runforhills:waaaaah who the hell are you how did you get in:loll:
    I have alway introduce new hens at night time when they are at roost dont seem to have any bother in the morning. I dont think there like humans,:) can you imagine :runforhills:waaaaah who the hell are you how did you get in:loll:
    I have alway introduce new hens at night time when they are at roost dont seem to have any bother in the morning. I dont think there like humans,:) can you imagine :runforhills:waaaaah who the hell are you how...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. golfer

Chicken Pellets

Just been to B and Q , Westland 10kg Chcken pellets �£4.94 , and Westland F, B and B �£4.94 BOGOF , think they were 2kg packs. Seems a good price to me.
    Just been to B and Q , Westland 10kg Chcken pellets �£4.94 , and Westland F, B and B �£4.94 BOGOF , think they were 2kg packs. Seems a good price to me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Prastio

New to Chickens

I have a 1hour drive to the nearest BHWT collection site, the girls were perfectly happy in the boot of the car in cat boxes and we stopped half way to give them a little air. I've given my girls...
    I have a 1hour drive to the nearest BHWT collection site, the girls were perfectly happy in the boot of the car in cat boxes and we stopped half way to give them a little air. I've given my girls a large section of the garden which has the combo of sun most of the day(when it's out) and plenty...
    I have a 1hour drive to the nearest BHWT collection site, the girls were perfectly happy in the boot of the car in cat boxes and we stopped half way to give them a little air. I've given my girls a large section of the garden which has the combo...
    I have a 1hour drive to the nearest BHWT collection site, the girls were perfectly happy in the boot of the car in cat boxes and we stopped half way to give them a little air. I've given my girls...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sussexgardener

Anyone want chickens?

Thank you for your kind words :)Im glad it made you rethink, i dont mean that to sound bad but it really can cost alot and isnt easy (and helps if you have friends with farms! :heehee:)From...
    Thank you for your kind words :)Im glad it made you rethink, i dont mean that to sound bad but it really can cost alot and isnt easy (and helps if you have friends with farms! :heehee:)From personal experience i found owls one of the hardest BOP's to train aswell.As i said previously, if...
    Thank you for your kind words :)Im glad it made you rethink, i dont mean that to sound bad but it really can cost alot and isnt easy (and helps if you have friends with farms! :heehee:)From personal experience i found owls one of the hardest BOP's...
    Thank you for your kind words :)Im glad it made you rethink, i dont mean that to sound bad but it really can cost alot and isnt easy (and helps if you have friends with farms! :heehee:)From...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Louise

Fox broke into my coop :(

Really sorry to hear :( Having just had mine for 5 days I am already attached to them, and yes, can see each has her own personality. I haven't read to end of post (as I am about to dash off on...
    Really sorry to hear :( Having just had mine for 5 days I am already attached to them, and yes, can see each has her own personality. I haven't read to end of post (as I am about to dash off on the school run) just your first message, so hope you have since been able to sort out a coop and more...
    Really sorry to hear :( Having just had mine for 5 days I am already attached to them, and yes, can see each has her own personality. I haven't read to end of post (as I am about to dash off on the school run) just your first message, so hope...
    Really sorry to hear :( Having just had mine for 5 days I am already attached to them, and yes, can see each has her own personality. I haven't read to end of post (as I am about to dash off on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Baymule

What's Your Favorite Breed of Chicken?

Do you mind the snakes have moved in?! I'd be so worried! Yeah, if I ate more veg I'd have a chicken bucket like yours too, don't think your rules are as strict as ours mind! And if I had a...
    Do you mind the snakes have moved in?! I'd be so worried! Yeah, if I ate more veg I'd have a chicken bucket like yours too, don't think your rules are as strict as ours mind! And if I had a bigger place I'd probably have some sort of farm on the go too :snork: so envious of you!
    Do you mind the snakes have moved in?! I'd be so worried! Yeah, if I ate more veg I'd have a chicken bucket like yours too, don't think your rules are as strict as ours mind! And if I had a bigger place I'd probably have some sort of farm on the...
    Do you mind the snakes have moved in?! I'd be so worried! Yeah, if I ate more veg I'd have a chicken bucket like yours too, don't think your rules are as strict as ours mind! And if I had a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Lolimac

My poor old May.....

Thanks for the bulletin Webmaster. A little gentle stroke from all of us and we wish her well, Jenny
    Thanks for the bulletin Webmaster. A little gentle stroke from all of us and we wish her well, Jenny
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. RandyRos

Chicken coop plans?

where are you located at Jennifer ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Spruce

Sheep and .....

looking at that her planing on a new orchard doesn't stand much chance
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Lolimac

Something is upsetting my girls!!!!

Wouldn't it be less stressful just to pop down to the supermarket to buy your eggs?:whistle::biggrin:
    Wouldn't it be less stressful just to pop down to the supermarket to buy your eggs?:whistle::biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. RandyRos
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Natalie025

Ducks or Chickens?

Oh I adore Araucanas! Sadly, for whatever reason, they don't thrive with me (or come from a poor strain :noidea: ) I do get blue eggs though, from my Cream Legbar. I bought a Maran because they are...
    Oh I adore Araucanas! Sadly, for whatever reason, they don't thrive with me (or come from a poor strain :noidea: ) I do get blue eggs though, from my Cream Legbar. I bought a Maran because they are supposed to lay very dark brown eggs. But no, not mine :nonofinger: my Cuckoo Maran lays blue eggs! :doh: Yes,...
    Oh I adore Araucanas! Sadly, for whatever reason, they don't thrive with me (or come from a poor strain :noidea: ) I do get blue eggs though, from my Cream Legbar. I bought a Maran because they are supposed to lay very dark brown eggs. But no, not...
    Oh I adore Araucanas! Sadly, for whatever reason, they don't thrive with me (or come from a poor strain :noidea: ) I do get blue eggs though, from my Cream Legbar. I bought a Maran because they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. HYDROGEN86

My new hens are starting to lay

They are safe in the coop It's on concrete but in the day I just let them out and leave them to it. I have covered almost all gaps with chicken wire but on 3 seperate occasions I have had to knock...
    They are safe in the coop It's on concrete but in the day I just let them out and leave them to it. I have covered almost all gaps with chicken wire but on 3 seperate occasions I have had to knock on next doors and a house behind mine to ask for chickens back :heehee: I don't like the idea of caging...
    They are safe in the coop It's on concrete but in the day I just let them out and leave them to it. I have covered almost all gaps with chicken wire but on 3 seperate occasions I have had to knock on next doors and a house behind mine to ask for...
    They are safe in the coop It's on concrete but in the day I just let them out and leave them to it. I have covered almost all gaps with chicken wire but on 3 seperate occasions I have had to knock...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice