1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Tara Jane

Seed sowing for beginners

I know. We had removed Sweet Peas from the pyramid pot and I found a packet of seeds I had overlooked, so I stuck them in. You don't know until you try!
    I know. We had removed Sweet Peas from the pyramid pot and I found a packet of seeds I had overlooked, so I stuck them in. You don't know until you try!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. martin-f

Bamboo

This is how there's are...so they could be taller :phew:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Smudgedhorizon

Heavy clay drainage help

Mattocks are brilliant. See if you can find an old one though. I think the newer ones are inferior in their design, if not their quality.
    Mattocks are brilliant. See if you can find an old one though. I think the newer ones are inferior in their design, if not their quality.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Flumpy
    Friendly x 6

I’m new here

:)Awe thanks Owl I will do that
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Weedstoo

Foxglove plugs

Plant flowering is complex, daylength and temperature are important factors; also plant size and how long since it last flowered especially in plants that only flower once a year. This year I've...
    Plant flowering is complex, daylength and temperature are important factors; also plant size and how long since it last flowered especially in plants that only flower once a year. This year I've certainly noticed some plants having shorter flowering seasons, also a number have been later into...
    Plant flowering is complex, daylength and temperature are important factors; also plant size and how long since it last flowered especially in plants that only flower once a year. This year I've certainly noticed some plants having shorter...
    Plant flowering is complex, daylength and temperature are important factors; also plant size and how long since it last flowered especially in plants that only flower once a year. This year I've...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Jack Sparrow

Bulb planting 101. Where to start.

@redstar :wow::wow::wow: Thats a BEEutiful purple carpet of blooms I just LOVE your garden :imphrt: :ThankYou: for sharing your AMAZing video footage :love30::love30:
    @redstar :wow::wow::wow: Thats a BEEutiful purple carpet of blooms I just LOVE your garden :imphrt: :ThankYou: for sharing your AMAZing video footage :love30::love30:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Steve R
    Like x 17

What to do in your garden right now..!

Hi @LMcG1983 sorry but your trimming question seems to have been overlooked.:th scifD36: Perhaps i might suggest you put this question out on the main forum boards General Gardening Discussion so it will be...
    Hi @LMcG1983 sorry but your trimming question seems to have been overlooked.:th scifD36: Perhaps i might suggest you put this question out on the main forum boards General Gardening Discussion so it will be seen, I'm sorry not to be able to give you any advice re trimming as I've no experience with plants...
    Hi @LMcG1983 sorry but your trimming question seems to have been overlooked.:th scifD36: Perhaps i might suggest you put this question out on the main forum boards General Gardening Discussion so it will be seen, I'm sorry not to be able to give you any...
    Hi @LMcG1983 sorry but your trimming question seems to have been overlooked.:th scifD36: Perhaps i might suggest you put this question out on the main forum boards General Gardening Discussion so it will be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kelc

Cabbage help

Aww thankyou
    Aww thankyou
    Aww thankyou
    Aww thankyou
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Paul Raybould
    Like x 4

New to the world of gardening

Thanks it looks great when the sun catches it and and when the wind turns it
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. sandhun

How to create height and separation

Maybe this would be a good time to start looking for the right nurseries! Where are you based? If you can find nurseries where they actually grow plants (rather than import them in their...
    Maybe this would be a good time to start looking for the right nurseries! Where are you based? If you can find nurseries where they actually grow plants (rather than import them in their hundreds) you will save money. Another good idea is an area set aside for propagation. Cuttings are not...
    Maybe this would be a good time to start looking for the right nurseries! Where are you based? If you can find nurseries where they actually grow plants (rather than import them in their hundreds) you will save money. Another good idea is an...
    Maybe this would be a good time to start looking for the right nurseries! Where are you based? If you can find nurseries where they actually grow plants (rather than import them in their...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. hi2u_uk

what do plants grown in

thanks im just going to hire 2 labourers and pay them daily at the end of the day. I will be buying everything else myself so i know where the money is goingIve found the geotextile membrane...
    thanks im just going to hire 2 labourers and pay them daily at the end of the day. I will be buying everything else myself so i know where the money is goingIve found the geotextile membrane but would a woven one or non woven one be best to put on top of the rubble before putting soil down :gaah:
    thanks im just going to hire 2 labourers and pay them daily at the end of the day. I will be buying everything else myself so i know where the money is goingIve found the geotextile membrane but would a woven one or non woven one be best to...
    thanks im just going to hire 2 labourers and pay them daily at the end of the day. I will be buying everything else myself so i know where the money is goingIve found the geotextile membrane...
    20220412_152118.jpg 20220415_140337.jpg 20220412_152118.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. NorthantsGeezer

Is it legal?

Sorry Geezer, I was slow on the uptake! :doh::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. DevonPhil

Taming very established Wisteria

Hello Phil, well done! You've certainly got the Wisteria cracked now :) So....onto the exciting part where you make some changes. Keep us posted :biggrin:
    Hello Phil, well done! You've certainly got the Wisteria cracked now :) So....onto the exciting part where you make some changes. Keep us posted :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Kelc

Help needed please

Thankyou I will certainly go look for that book now
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. "M"

Peony advice, please

That's great A, please let me know the date nearer the time :).
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. GaryBuseysTeeth

Suggestions for a dark, dank corner!

here are ---some---of my hosta's
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. FlourishAnn
    Like x 3

5 tips for begginers

I totally agree on this mate...it is every one to their own because if all gardens was identical it would be a boring experience :yikes:
    I totally agree on this mate...it is every one to their own because if all gardens was identical it would be a boring experience :yikes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. "M"
    Like x 8

Two years with GC and a micro walk around "M" successes ..

We have Wilko's here "M" but they don't sell plants or seeds only gardening equipment so there's no chance of making a comparison. :doh:
    We have Wilko's here "M" but they don't sell plants or seeds only gardening equipment so there's no chance of making a comparison. :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Anthony321

Need to correctly prepare garden to lay a new lawn

Looks good, hope we get some pics of it's development as Sheal suggested.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Wilks

Complete beginner - First New build garden advice needed!

I'd avoid it too at that stage, infradig! I was thinking ahead, though, as IME once established, seeded lawns are much weedier than turf. Birds, cats, wind....they all contribute :) It's a good...
    I'd avoid it too at that stage, infradig! I was thinking ahead, though, as IME once established, seeded lawns are much weedier than turf. Birds, cats, wind....they all contribute :) It's a good suggestion hoeing off the first couple of batches before sowing, though :blue thumb:
    I'd avoid it too at that stage, infradig! I was thinking ahead, though, as IME once established, seeded lawns are much weedier than turf. Birds, cats, wind....they all contribute :) It's a good suggestion hoeing off the first couple of batches...
    I'd avoid it too at that stage, infradig! I was thinking ahead, though, as IME once established, seeded lawns are much weedier than turf. Birds, cats, wind....they all contribute :) It's a good...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice