1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Barders

Planting bedding plants in December?

Thanks for the images of the stones Scrungee, that's helpful. :thumbsup:What a great photo of the Fox John! I had a Golden Retriever years ago and she could detect Fox poo at a hundred yards and roll in...
    Thanks for the images of the stones Scrungee, that's helpful. :thumbsup:What a great photo of the Fox John! I had a Golden Retriever years ago and she could detect Fox poo at a hundred yards and roll in it :eeew:Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy Gardening for 2019 :star:
    Thanks for the images of the stones Scrungee, that's helpful. :thumbsup:What a great photo of the Fox John! I had a Golden Retriever years ago and she could detect Fox poo at a hundred yards and roll in it :eeew:Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and...
    Thanks for the images of the stones Scrungee, that's helpful. :thumbsup:What a great photo of the Fox John! I had a Golden Retriever years ago and she could detect Fox poo at a hundred yards and roll in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Kathrynmichaud
    Like x 3

Ideas for small shaded courtyard

:cheers: and :cheers: and :cheers:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Flumpy
    Friendly x 6

I’m new here

:)Awe thanks Owl I will do that
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Carlqua

Non-reproductive Seeds?

Well, like they say, anybody who can claim to remember the '60s wasn't actually there! :spinning::biggrin:
    Well, like they say, anybody who can claim to remember the '60s wasn't actually there! :spinning::biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Outlander

Planting a Juneberry tree in a container.

Thanks @Tetters tht is certainly a lovely looking tree. I'm having a think.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. asl9791

New to gardening

Considering your lawn has been scarified it doesn't look in bad condition. I would be inclined to leave it over this winter and use a weed and feed next Spring to encourage the grass to grow and...
    Considering your lawn has been scarified it doesn't look in bad condition. I would be inclined to leave it over this winter and use a weed and feed next Spring to encourage the grass to grow and thicken. With the moss gone that should be enough, but if not you could top dress and seed it if it...
    Considering your lawn has been scarified it doesn't look in bad condition. I would be inclined to leave it over this winter and use a weed and feed next Spring to encourage the grass to grow and thicken. With the moss gone that should be enough,...
    Considering your lawn has been scarified it doesn't look in bad condition. I would be inclined to leave it over this winter and use a weed and feed next Spring to encourage the grass to grow and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. jumanji

What to do here before winter...

empty fountains. bag all outside cushions tuck inside gazebo, get cat house organized with heater, and water bowl with heater, take inside plants inside, replant any bulbs that was thinned...
    empty fountains. bag all outside cushions tuck inside gazebo, get cat house organized with heater, and water bowl with heater, take inside plants inside, replant any bulbs that was thinned earlier, use up some mulch. put grill away, set up Christmas lights. rake leaves, rake more leaves, ...
    empty fountains. bag all outside cushions tuck inside gazebo, get cat house organized with heater, and water bowl with heater, take inside plants inside, replant any bulbs that was thinned earlier, use up some mulch. put grill away, set up...
    empty fountains. bag all outside cushions tuck inside gazebo, get cat house organized with heater, and water bowl with heater, take inside plants inside, replant any bulbs that was thinned...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wren1

Can I save my Dracaena?

Thank you everyone. I will try. Spring is a long time to wait :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Joools

Buddleia help

If you deadhead regularly your buddleia will flower much longer too Jools:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. BSummers

Wisteria Frutescens HELP

Thank you for sound advice. Will let you know how i get on .
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Stigofthe

Wisteria advice.

Thanks @pete I would do it differently but....all is well..
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. TKM

Random tree appeared - should I remove?

Thanks! Although with my lack of gardening knowlede and the Yew's potential toxicity, I may just remove for now.
    Thanks! Although with my lack of gardening knowlede and the Yew's potential toxicity, I may just remove for now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. mazambo

Woody Lavender

@Verdun :blue thumb:
    20181013_124130.jpg 20181013_174000.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Muriel

Autumn sowing of hardy annuals

As a trial I sowed Cornflower, Coreopsis, Pansies, Honeywort, Lavateria, Sweet pea and was so delighted that they have all germinated and since been potted on. They are still in situ in my cold...
    As a trial I sowed Cornflower, Coreopsis, Pansies, Honeywort, Lavateria, Sweet pea and was so delighted that they have all germinated and since been potted on. They are still in situ in my cold greenhouse and look very healthy at the moment but how do I overwinter them. I have an option to use a...
    As a trial I sowed Cornflower, Coreopsis, Pansies, Honeywort, Lavateria, Sweet pea and was so delighted that they have all germinated and since been potted on. They are still in situ in my cold greenhouse and look very healthy at the moment but...
    As a trial I sowed Cornflower, Coreopsis, Pansies, Honeywort, Lavateria, Sweet pea and was so delighted that they have all germinated and since been potted on. They are still in situ in my cold...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. hoofy

No worms.

Hi @hoofy, if you can manage any more digging it would be best to get some of the old, infertile soil out. We made a new big border this spring and first took the grass off and then dug away about...
    Hi @hoofy, if you can manage any more digging it would be best to get some of the old, infertile soil out. We made a new big border this spring and first took the grass off and then dug away about spade deep of the rock-hard wormless clay and rubble. In went hundreds and hundreds of litres of...
    Hi @hoofy, if you can manage any more digging it would be best to get some of the old, infertile soil out. We made a new big border this spring and first took the grass off and then dug away about spade deep of the rock-hard wormless clay and...
    Hi @hoofy, if you can manage any more digging it would be best to get some of the old, infertile soil out. We made a new big border this spring and first took the grass off and then dug away about...
    newborder May18.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kennywesley

New bungalow garden - blank canvas raised beds

Hi all thanks for all the replies. We can now share our before and after photos. I'm going to start putting bulbs in this week and hopefully some evergreen shrubs.We are hoping to get some...
    Hi all thanks for all the replies. We can now share our before and after photos. I'm going to start putting bulbs in this week and hopefully some evergreen shrubs.We are hoping to get some colour all year round any advice in that sense would be appreciated our next project is putting a...
    Hi all thanks for all the replies. We can now share our before and after photos. I'm going to start putting bulbs in this week and hopefully some evergreen shrubs.We are hoping to get some colour all year round any advice in that sense...
    Hi all thanks for all the replies. We can now share our before and after photos. I'm going to start putting bulbs in this week and hopefully some evergreen shrubs.We are hoping to get some...
    GC Welcome.png incomplete path (1).JPG 2015.JPG incomplete path (2) (1).JPG 20151.JPG IMG-20180922-WA0002.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Outlander

Sedum Carl

Thanks for your reply I think pretty much all that you said tbh. i'm not sure there is anywhere in the garden where it will get sun all day but will look at it with a view to moving if...
    Thanks for your reply I think pretty much all that you said tbh. i'm not sure there is anywhere in the garden where it will get sun all day but will look at it with a view to moving if necessary.Soil is not very well drained. I am constantly adding grit to improve. It's not clay or anything...
    Thanks for your reply I think pretty much all that you said tbh. i'm not sure there is anywhere in the garden where it will get sun all day but will look at it with a view to moving if necessary.Soil is not very well drained. I am constantly...
    Thanks for your reply I think pretty much all that you said tbh. i'm not sure there is anywhere in the garden where it will get sun all day but will look at it with a view to moving if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. TKM

Is there no saving this?

Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jharrity

Old bulbs

I agree with Tetters - just plant them, you have nothing to lose. I wouldn't bother trying to get them to sprout - depending on the bulb type not a lot happens until the spring as they need a...
    I agree with Tetters - just plant them, you have nothing to lose. I wouldn't bother trying to get them to sprout - depending on the bulb type not a lot happens until the spring as they need a period of cold weather to trigger top growth.
    I agree with Tetters - just plant them, you have nothing to lose. I wouldn't bother trying to get them to sprout - depending on the bulb type not a lot happens until the spring as they need a period of cold weather to trigger top growth.
    I agree with Tetters - just plant them, you have nothing to lose. I wouldn't bother trying to get them to sprout - depending on the bulb type not a lot happens until the spring as they need a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Paul B

Cutting back a hedge

Many thanks to all those who have contributed.I think the suggestion of Prunus lusitanica is the closest species match thus far. The fine details match and overall it does have a laurel-like...
    Many thanks to all those who have contributed.I think the suggestion of Prunus lusitanica is the closest species match thus far. The fine details match and overall it does have a laurel-like appearance.Spring seems like the best idea for a heavy prune - thanks @WeeTam and I will probably...
    Many thanks to all those who have contributed.I think the suggestion of Prunus lusitanica is the closest species match thus far. The fine details match and overall it does have a laurel-like appearance.Spring seems like the best idea for a...
    Many thanks to all those who have contributed.I think the suggestion of Prunus lusitanica is the closest species match thus far. The fine details match and overall it does have a laurel-like...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice