1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Fflur

Plants arrived too early. Beds not ready yet!

I pot on such plants Fflur; I have a couple coming next week and that is exactly what I will do. As loofah said, keep well watered whatever you decide to do with them.:)It depends when you...
    I pot on such plants Fflur; I have a couple coming next week and that is exactly what I will do. As loofah said, keep well watered whatever you decide to do with them.:)It depends when you intend to plant the climbers but I would pot on and cut back. You would usually cut back climbers when...
    I pot on such plants Fflur; I have a couple coming next week and that is exactly what I will do. As loofah said, keep well watered whatever you decide to do with them.:)It depends when you intend to plant the climbers but I would pot on and cut...
    I pot on such plants Fflur; I have a couple coming next week and that is exactly what I will do. As loofah said, keep well watered whatever you decide to do with them.:)It depends when you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. talbius

Help with leaning Yucca

I'd leave it alone, it matches the lean on the silver birch on the right of photo. If it really does bother you then you could straighten it but not at this time of year, wait till winter. It's...
    I'd leave it alone, it matches the lean on the silver birch on the right of photo. If it really does bother you then you could straighten it but not at this time of year, wait till winter. It's something I've done with a windswept one in my garden. They take a year or two to recover provided you...
    I'd leave it alone, it matches the lean on the silver birch on the right of photo. If it really does bother you then you could straighten it but not at this time of year, wait till winter. It's something I've done with a windswept one in my...
    I'd leave it alone, it matches the lean on the silver birch on the right of photo. If it really does bother you then you could straighten it but not at this time of year, wait till winter. It's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kiss_The_Alderman

Novice Gardener - Unhappy Lavender

No over watering mate as they love heat :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Kevin Cowans

What plants to use to cover Drain Cover in border?

How about a perennial such as Cerastium Tomentosum. It grows fairly quickly and is easy to keep in check. White flowers in Spring and then occasionally in Summer but lovely felty siver foliage...
    How about a perennial such as Cerastium Tomentosum. It grows fairly quickly and is easy to keep in check. White flowers in Spring and then occasionally in Summer but lovely felty siver foliage all year round.You can grow other plants through it, we have Roses, Euonymous, Pieris, Alyssum...
    How about a perennial such as Cerastium Tomentosum. It grows fairly quickly and is easy to keep in check. White flowers in Spring and then occasionally in Summer but lovely felty siver foliage all year round.You can grow other plants...
    How about a perennial such as Cerastium Tomentosum. It grows fairly quickly and is easy to keep in check. White flowers in Spring and then occasionally in Summer but lovely felty siver foliage...
    2018-06-26 09.55.16.jpg 20180626_102821.jpg P1010731.JPG P1010730.JPG 23.JPG upload_2018-6-26_19-32-46.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. enginestar

Cardboard (to get rid of weed) + add woodchip on top?

B&Q sell bags of bark chippings especially for play areas etc. They also do them in different colours eg brown/orange/red/green.
    B&Q sell bags of bark chippings especially for play areas etc. They also do them in different colours eg brown/orange/red/green.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Carlqua

Are My Peas Flowering?

I use short canes and string....works well and cost nowt. Supporting peas is simply to enable us to easily pick the peas and there is not really a right or wrong method of doing this :)
    I use short canes and string....works well and cost nowt. Supporting peas is simply to enable us to easily pick the peas and there is not really a right or wrong method of doing this :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. enginestar

Need advice getting rid of weeds - how safe after adding weed killer?

i finally got round to applying weedkiller - that was 5 days ago. no sign of any of them dying off yet. many look as though they are starting to wilt. should i wait longer before pulling them...
    i finally got round to applying weedkiller - that was 5 days ago. no sign of any of them dying off yet. many look as though they are starting to wilt. should i wait longer before pulling them out?thanks
    i finally got round to applying weedkiller - that was 5 days ago. no sign of any of them dying off yet. many look as though they are starting to wilt. should i wait longer before pulling them out?thanks
    i finally got round to applying weedkiller - that was 5 days ago. no sign of any of them dying off yet. many look as though they are starting to wilt. should i wait longer before pulling them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Carlqua

Morning Glory Wilting

Hey Shiney, thanks for the input.I did give them a good water earlier, the sun has made it's round now and they're back in the shade and now they have gone back to their usual appearance again....
    Hey Shiney, thanks for the input.I did give them a good water earlier, the sun has made it's round now and they're back in the shade and now they have gone back to their usual appearance again. It does make sense that they are lacking water rather than too much sun, they are a plant from North...
    Hey Shiney, thanks for the input.I did give them a good water earlier, the sun has made it's round now and they're back in the shade and now they have gone back to their usual appearance again. It does make sense that they are lacking water...
    Hey Shiney, thanks for the input.I did give them a good water earlier, the sun has made it's round now and they're back in the shade and now they have gone back to their usual appearance again....
    IMG_20180625_125223.jpg IMG_20180625_161717.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Kevin Cowans
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. newgardner

Weak/Messy Cordyline Australis - HELP!

Hi @newgardner I have to Pieris starting to go a flaming red they stunning besides when they have the pearl drops on them :)I have two either side of my decking
    Hi @newgardner I have to Pieris starting to go a flaming red they stunning besides when they have the pearl drops on them :)I have two either side of my decking
    20180520_182930.jpg IMG_20180621_082138.jpg P1000634.JPG P1020360.JPG P1000561.JPG P1050225.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Outlander

Pruning a Ceanthus Concha

That looks fantastic.
    That looks fantastic.
    That looks fantastic.
    That looks fantastic.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Michael Noble

Ground cover

Tell me about it mate :loll: plus get ready for the addiction :whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Aimo

Mystery plant... can anyone help please?!

Dont worry, as long as you got your answer, that's all that matters.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Pineapple

Help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope!

:cheers: @Pineapple
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. RobynP

Out of control Rockery!

Hello @RobynP :sign0016: to GC and nice to have you with us.You have a lovely wonderland there :love30: and thank you for adding the pic's for members to view..much appreciated and Verdun is excellent with advice :)
    Hello @RobynP :sign0016: to GC and nice to have you with us.You have a lovely wonderland there :love30: and thank you for adding the pic's for members to view..much appreciated and Verdun is excellent with advice :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Anna Liversidge

Hardy screening plants

I use a bay tree to hide the white garage door from the angle of sight where we leave the house and enter the yard, does a great job for us. Its pretty bomb proof, keeps its leaves over winter...
    I use a bay tree to hide the white garage door from the angle of sight where we leave the house and enter the yard, does a great job for us. Its pretty bomb proof, keeps its leaves over winter and a couple of years ago I trimmed out a load of stems to turn it into more of a small tree shape...
    I use a bay tree to hide the white garage door from the angle of sight where we leave the house and enter the yard, does a great job for us. Its pretty bomb proof, keeps its leaves over winter and a couple of years ago I trimmed out a load of...
    I use a bay tree to hide the white garage door from the angle of sight where we leave the house and enter the yard, does a great job for us. Its pretty bomb proof, keeps its leaves over winter...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. REMO

Veg outgrowing cloches - Beginner

Thanks JWK.
    Thanks JWK.
    Thanks JWK.
    Thanks JWK.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. REMO

Digging into ground and finding slate

The work you are putting in now will reap huge rewards later on. Keep on keeping on Remo - you`ll get there :thumbsup:
    The work you are putting in now will reap huge rewards later on. Keep on keeping on Remo - you`ll get there :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Peter Thompson

Leggy kale - salvageable?

Not sure exactly what is going on, it was very dry now hot so that could have triggered flowering. Maybe the plants were not well looked after in the GC - usually Kale only flowers in it's second...
    Not sure exactly what is going on, it was very dry now hot so that could have triggered flowering. Maybe the plants were not well looked after in the GC - usually Kale only flowers in it's second year depending on the variety so you could have been unlucky and bought some old plants from the GC....
    Not sure exactly what is going on, it was very dry now hot so that could have triggered flowering. Maybe the plants were not well looked after in the GC - usually Kale only flowers in it's second year depending on the variety so you could have...
    Not sure exactly what is going on, it was very dry now hot so that could have triggered flowering. Maybe the plants were not well looked after in the GC - usually Kale only flowers in it's second...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. FlourishAnn
    Like x 3

5 tips for begginers

I totally agree on this mate...it is every one to their own because if all gardens was identical it would be a boring experience :yikes:
    I totally agree on this mate...it is every one to their own because if all gardens was identical it would be a boring experience :yikes:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice