1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. William Francis

In A Country Garden?

Aww really love that ARMANDII... I am hoping to create my secret place to sit this year.. I have the bench but no where to put it yet.. :SUNsmile:
    Aww really love that ARMANDII... I am hoping to create my secret place to sit this year.. I have the bench but no where to put it yet.. :SUNsmile:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. jpjeffery

Paving under a tree

Gad, the more I think about this job, the harder it sounds (I'm really not a builder)!
    Gad, the more I think about this job, the harder it sounds (I'm really not a builder)!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. QuothTheRaven

New Gardener - Help required with Zantedeschia

Welcome to the forum.These need an acidic (ericaeous) compost different to all the other bulbs you mention.
    Welcome to the forum.These need an acidic (ericaeous) compost different to all the other bulbs you mention.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wren1

Got some bare root perennials and don't know what to do with them!

Nerine's have a habit of doing that, I put mine straight in the ground & 2 out of 3 have made it so far. They like free draining soil so you are probably right. If you post pictures of the others...
    Nerine's have a habit of doing that, I put mine straight in the ground & 2 out of 3 have made it so far. They like free draining soil so you are probably right. If you post pictures of the others foliage we can probably help
    Nerine's have a habit of doing that, I put mine straight in the ground & 2 out of 3 have made it so far. They like free draining soil so you are probably right. If you post pictures of the others foliage we can probably help
    Nerine's have a habit of doing that, I put mine straight in the ground & 2 out of 3 have made it so far. They like free draining soil so you are probably right. If you post pictures of the others...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Proper_brew

Japanese Knotweed near veg patch

It depends on how much time, money and effort you are willing to put into the eradication.As you're renting, it's your landlords responsibility to get the matter resolved. It's in his/her's...
    It depends on how much time, money and effort you are willing to put into the eradication.As you're renting, it's your landlords responsibility to get the matter resolved. It's in his/her's interests to do so as the stigma surrounding Japweed can devalue the house price significantly. The very...
    It depends on how much time, money and effort you are willing to put into the eradication.As you're renting, it's your landlords responsibility to get the matter resolved. It's in his/her's interests to do so as the stigma surrounding Japweed...
    It depends on how much time, money and effort you are willing to put into the eradication.As you're renting, it's your landlords responsibility to get the matter resolved. It's in his/her's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Newbie-Will

Container / Pot - Privacy hedging screening advice needed

Sorry, I can only, also, give negative advice. :sad:First of all, I definitely wouldn't buy box. It's slow growing and temperamental - and relatively expensive.Secondly, if you are thinking of a...
    Sorry, I can only, also, give negative advice. :sad:First of all, I definitely wouldn't buy box. It's slow growing and temperamental - and relatively expensive.Secondly, if you are thinking of a two year period then plants in pots would be nowhere near big enough to be able to form a good...
    Sorry, I can only, also, give negative advice. :sad:First of all, I definitely wouldn't buy box. It's slow growing and temperamental - and relatively expensive.Secondly, if you are thinking of a two year period then plants in pots would be...
    Sorry, I can only, also, give negative advice. :sad:First of all, I definitely wouldn't buy box. It's slow growing and temperamental - and relatively expensive.Secondly, if you are thinking of a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Adams6

IS IT WORTH STARTING A VEG PATCH IN SHADE?

I do well with all of those and my plot is shaded by a girt ash tree most of the day :)
    I do well with all of those and my plot is shaded by a girt ash tree most of the day :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Josh

Restarting Flowerbed!

If they are English bluebells and you don't want them, you may be able give some away. If they turn out to be Spanish, getting rid would benefit the native bluebell population :blue thumb:The weedy stuff...
    If they are English bluebells and you don't want them, you may be able give some away. If they turn out to be Spanish, getting rid would benefit the native bluebell population :blue thumb:The weedy stuff looks like mostly Wood Avens/Herb Bennett (Geum urbanum) and a bit of Speedwell or possibly Ivy leaved...
    If they are English bluebells and you don't want them, you may be able give some away. If they turn out to be Spanish, getting rid would benefit the native bluebell population :blue thumb:The weedy stuff looks like mostly Wood Avens/Herb Bennett (Geum...
    If they are English bluebells and you don't want them, you may be able give some away. If they turn out to be Spanish, getting rid would benefit the native bluebell population :blue thumb:The weedy stuff...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Turn1

Bramble jungle!!

I thought that about the last mrs zigs :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. joh98.mac

Chilis are a Disaster Every Year :-(

I won't give up yet. I only want 2 anyway, but my wife's cousin and a couple of people at work are interested in growing there own, so I said I would sow some and any left they can have. I usually...
    I won't give up yet. I only want 2 anyway, but my wife's cousin and a couple of people at work are interested in growing there own, so I said I would sow some and any left they can have. I usually just buy the plants. I have done the same with toms as well, which have germinated really well.Rusty
    I won't give up yet. I only want 2 anyway, but my wife's cousin and a couple of people at work are interested in growing there own, so I said I would sow some and any left they can have. I usually just buy the plants. I have done the same with...
    I won't give up yet. I only want 2 anyway, but my wife's cousin and a couple of people at work are interested in growing there own, so I said I would sow some and any left they can have. I usually...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Gn0me

Which flower/plant to use?

I have this and I want to put a nice simple plant in it that has nice big white petals!As you can tell I am an absolute beginner that has no clue how to go about gardening! I'm okay with this...
    I have this and I want to put a nice simple plant in it that has nice big white petals!As you can tell I am an absolute beginner that has no clue how to go about gardening! I'm okay with this as I have to start somewhere so I thought this little project would be a good starter and hope that...
    I have this and I want to put a nice simple plant in it that has nice big white petals!As you can tell I am an absolute beginner that has no clue how to go about gardening! I'm okay with this as I have to start somewhere so I thought this...
    I have this and I want to put a nice simple plant in it that has nice big white petals!As you can tell I am an absolute beginner that has no clue how to go about gardening! I'm okay with this...
    20170414_102239.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. "M"
    Like x 11

Got myself a Grow House!

Looks good. Very nice.May put something like this up myself.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. "M"

Fool proof tips on success with Cobaea, please?

I shall do that and sing them a lullaby before they go to bed :snooze:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Joel lee Davies

New project

I'm in South Wales garden faces south west and no photos yet, as I haven't had time
    I'm in South Wales garden faces south west and no photos yet, as I haven't had time
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Scudo

Sennetti question

Thanks for the replies. I will leave in the greenhouse for a bit as is and cut back after flowering.
    Thanks for the replies. I will leave in the greenhouse for a bit as is and cut back after flowering.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. SparklyPurple

Dead leaves

Welcome to GC @SparklyPurpleI also have a beech hedge along one side of my front garden and at the moment mine still have the winter leaf colour on them and won't drop off until the nice green...
    Welcome to GC @SparklyPurpleI also have a beech hedge along one side of my front garden and at the moment mine still have the winter leaf colour on them and won't drop off until the nice green ones push them out of the way so I wonder if you have a lot of leaves on your grass and in the...
    Welcome to GC @SparklyPurpleI also have a beech hedge along one side of my front garden and at the moment mine still have the winter leaf colour on them and won't drop off until the nice green ones push them out of the way so I wonder if you...
    Welcome to GC @SparklyPurpleI also have a beech hedge along one side of my front garden and at the moment mine still have the winter leaf colour on them and won't drop off until the nice green...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. NEL

Planting bulbs

bunch of bulbs, that drift each year.
    20170307_110239.jpg 20170307_110318.jpg springf-1-1.JPG 12984012_10209606859632154_2396301735581284956_o.jpg 903695_10201025466542690_713070195_o.jpg 1399228_10203812459895782_6942046555075270148_o.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Whitehawk

Where to buy hedge online?

I've recently got bare root hedges from www.3fatpigs.co.uk And they were really good. More than happy with them and they arrived quickly and were a good price.Just read above post and beechwood...
    I've recently got bare root hedges from www.3fatpigs.co.uk And they were really good. More than happy with them and they arrived quickly and were a good price.Just read above post and beechwood nurseries are also 3fatpigs.co.uk
    I've recently got bare root hedges from www.3fatpigs.co.uk And they were really good. More than happy with them and they arrived quickly and were a good price.Just read above post and beechwood nurseries are also 3fatpigs.co.uk
    I've recently got bare root hedges from www.3fatpigs.co.uk And they were really good. More than happy with them and they arrived quickly and were a good price.Just read above post and beechwood...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. LexiLou

Weeds in lawn

What a pain! We've discovered that the weed and feed actually feeds the meadowgrass so it's everywhere now! :gaah:
    What a pain! We've discovered that the weed and feed actually feeds the meadowgrass so it's everywhere now! :gaah:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. gracie56

Manure !!

Welcome to Gardeners Corner. Anything which stops the light getting to the soil will stop weeds germinating, so the likes of cardboard or old carpet will do the job as well as black plastic. Clear...
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner. Anything which stops the light getting to the soil will stop weeds germinating, so the likes of cardboard or old carpet will do the job as well as black plastic. Clear plastic will not be of much use tho. Not quite sure what you mean by "I have missed the boat on the...
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner. Anything which stops the light getting to the soil will stop weeds germinating, so the likes of cardboard or old carpet will do the job as well as black plastic. Clear plastic will not be of much use tho. Not quite...
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner. Anything which stops the light getting to the soil will stop weeds germinating, so the likes of cardboard or old carpet will do the job as well as black plastic. Clear...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice