1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Congratulations to Sheal for winning the January Photo Competition!
    AND
    That also makes Sheal our first entry in the Champion of Champions thread for 2018!

February's Photo Competition is now open, with December's winner Canadian Lori choosing the theme - February: Bliss or Bleak?

The Recipes area of the forum continues to thrive, with a library of tasty recipes growing all the time - if you have any suggestions, please do join in with the Recipes Sub-Forum Discussion

Or, why not learn something from our very own resident CHEF!

Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. longk

Show us your houseplants in bloom now

Columnea,Begonia rex
    Columnea,Begonia rex
    Columnea,Begonia rex
    Columnea,Begonia rex
    DSC_3219.jpg DSC_3221.jpg DSC_3222.jpg DSC_3223.jpg 005.JPG 006.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. longk

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc.

Thank you Alisa :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. longk
    Like x 9

Show Us Your Houseplants In Bloom 2018

Beautiful flowers @hydrogardener :wow:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Paul Blackburn

When is the best time to plant some bulbs

I planted some Dutch Iris bulbs around this time last year and they, very kindly, flowered for me a few months later. As did the Dahlia tubers I planted at the same time, despite warnings that...
    I planted some Dutch Iris bulbs around this time last year and they, very kindly, flowered for me a few months later. As did the Dahlia tubers I planted at the same time, despite warnings that they shouldn't be planted until after the last frost. However - I must stipulate I am in the SE of...
    I planted some Dutch Iris bulbs around this time last year and they, very kindly, flowered for me a few months later. As did the Dahlia tubers I planted at the same time, despite warnings that they shouldn't be planted until after the last...
    I planted some Dutch Iris bulbs around this time last year and they, very kindly, flowered for me a few months later. As did the Dahlia tubers I planted at the same time, despite warnings that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Zigs

Girt Flower

Never mind the flower, who's the mec?;):roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Zigs
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. longk
    Like x 7

Show us your houseplants in bloom now 2017

Forget me @redstar I do have my moments :roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Rory Goldsbrough

Need some beginner help with Laurel hedge

Welcome to GC.I can't see much evidence of powdery mildew so you are obviously coping with it OK. As laurel is so tough I tend to just leave it to itself (I have a rather large amount of it)...
    Welcome to GC.I can't see much evidence of powdery mildew so you are obviously coping with it OK. As laurel is so tough I tend to just leave it to itself (I have a rather large amount of it) and just cut it when necessary. I wouldn't be inclined to thin it out as it will only fill back in...
    Welcome to GC.I can't see much evidence of powdery mildew so you are obviously coping with it OK. As laurel is so tough I tend to just leave it to itself (I have a rather large amount of it) and just cut it when necessary. I wouldn't be...
    Welcome to GC.I can't see much evidence of powdery mildew so you are obviously coping with it OK. As laurel is so tough I tend to just leave it to itself (I have a rather large amount of it)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Selleri

Hyacinths behaving badly :(

Thanks @Clare G , great link and info! I actually had a lightbulb moment ;) reading the blog, usually I grow blue hyachinths but this year after some determined skandi redecoration I went for white...
    Thanks @Clare G , great link and info! I actually had a lightbulb moment ;) reading the blog, usually I grow blue hyachinths but this year after some determined skandi redecoration I went for white ones. It could just be a different variety which explains the slowness this year rather than...
    Thanks @Clare G , great link and info! I actually had a lightbulb moment ;) reading the blog, usually I grow blue hyachinths but this year after some determined skandi redecoration I went for white ones. It could just be a different variety which...
    Thanks @Clare G , great link and info! I actually had a lightbulb moment ;) reading the blog, usually I grow blue hyachinths but this year after some determined skandi redecoration I went for white...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. David E Peacock

Dahlia Tubers

Good tip sandy :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Tetters
    Like x 3

Incentive for fans of ornamental grasses....

looks neat, have to get back to it when not at work.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. clueless1

Bromeliad house plant care

I'll try to get a pic or two on later. But I think I've been naughty with regard to watering, in that I forget for days on end, then give them a good soak when I remember. Their friend is a...
    I'll try to get a pic or two on later. But I think I've been naughty with regard to watering, in that I forget for days on end, then give them a good soak when I remember. Their friend is a massive spider plant, which thrives with the long dry spell followed by a drenching, and with spidey being...
    I'll try to get a pic or two on later. But I think I've been naughty with regard to watering, in that I forget for days on end, then give them a good soak when I remember. Their friend is a massive spider plant, which thrives with the long dry...
    I'll try to get a pic or two on later. But I think I've been naughty with regard to watering, in that I forget for days on end, then give them a good soak when I remember. Their friend is a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Gail_68

Hydrangea still fighting cold weather

@Gail_68 How nice, you have very happy and fortunate neighbours to inherit one of your gawjus plants:imphrt:
    @Gail_68 How nice, you have very happy and fortunate neighbours to inherit one of your gawjus plants:imphrt:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Gail_68

Weeping willow

I'll add a couple of pic's later with the leafs now off and you can see how the branches interwove one another, with one sturdy them in the middle :)
    I'll add a couple of pic's later with the leafs now off and you can see how the branches interwove one another, with one sturdy them in the middle :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jimcub

Pampas grass

Members this is only one of three I purchased here's the other two...got not choice as what I was buying kept out growing the large pots with in a year and on the front garden two plants died...
    Members this is only one of three I purchased here's the other two...got not choice as what I was buying kept out growing the large pots with in a year and on the front garden two plants died where I put this one and people think they're real pepper plants?
    Members this is only one of three I purchased here's the other two...got not choice as what I was buying kept out growing the large pots with in a year and on the front garden two plants died where I put this one and people think they're real...
    Members this is only one of three I purchased here's the other two...got not choice as what I was buying kept out growing the large pots with in a year and on the front garden two plants died...
    IMG_0852.JPG pp.PNG dd.jpg ddddddd.PNG Captureeddggdgd.PNG DSC00015.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. nikirushka

Hard pruning a dracaena?

Plants, even house plants notice day length and although tropical plants are used to shorter days than we get during summer they are also used to much longer days than we get mid winter. Normal...
    Plants, even house plants notice day length and although tropical plants are used to shorter days than we get during summer they are also used to much longer days than we get mid winter. Normal household lighting is unlikely to make up for the short day length.
    Plants, even house plants notice day length and although tropical plants are used to shorter days than we get during summer they are also used to much longer days than we get mid winter. Normal household lighting is unlikely to make up for the...
    Plants, even house plants notice day length and although tropical plants are used to shorter days than we get during summer they are also used to much longer days than we get mid winter. Normal...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Shaneoak

Cutting Oriental poppies, delphiniums, and geraniums back in winter?

two days ago, first frost. all the leaves on many plants and trees. all wilted from it. Guess what? The hardy geraniums all happy and up right, just a pure freshness in my garden, not fazed...
    two days ago, first frost. all the leaves on many plants and trees. all wilted from it. Guess what? The hardy geraniums all happy and up right, just a pure freshness in my garden, not fazed a bit.
    two days ago, first frost. all the leaves on many plants and trees. all wilted from it. Guess what? The hardy geraniums all happy and up right, just a pure freshness in my garden, not fazed a bit.
    two days ago, first frost. all the leaves on many plants and trees. all wilted from it. Guess what? The hardy geraniums all happy and up right, just a pure freshness in my garden, not fazed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. HanifaH

Selling an Acer plant?

:sign0016: to GC @HanifaH and congratulations on your new house and the added wonderful event of a precious new baby on the way :wub2: Very exciting times ahead of you in the near future for sure!There is no...
    :sign0016: to GC @HanifaH and congratulations on your new house and the added wonderful event of a precious new baby on the way :wub2: Very exciting times ahead of you in the near future for sure!There is no such thing as a "silly" question.okok.So, we have two issues?The first being the Acer: ...
    :sign0016: to GC @HanifaH and congratulations on your new house and the added wonderful event of a precious new baby on the way :wub2: Very exciting times ahead of you in the near future for sure!There is no such thing as a "silly" question.okok.So,...
    :sign0016: to GC @HanifaH and congratulations on your new house and the added wonderful event of a precious new baby on the way :wub2: Very exciting times ahead of you in the near future for sure!There is no...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. silu

Anybody know about Orchids?

I am a member of the Northeastern New York Orchid Society. On our site we have a great resource for growing any type orchid.Orchid Care & Culture
    I am a member of the Northeastern New York Orchid Society. On our site we have a great resource for growing any type orchid.Orchid Care & Culture
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. FlymoDM

Smelly flowers & plants

He does! It's 15 per cent proof :whistle: :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. nikirushka

Hard pruning a tamarix

Nikirushka You can prune hard in spring. It will respond well. Thereafter, prune every year after flowering to keep it floriferous and compact. Low growers for dappled shade? I suggest brunneras...
    Nikirushka You can prune hard in spring. It will respond well. Thereafter, prune every year after flowering to keep it floriferous and compact. Low growers for dappled shade? I suggest brunneras ...there are some beauties; hadspen cream has delightful forgrt me not flowers in spring. ...
    Nikirushka You can prune hard in spring. It will respond well. Thereafter, prune every year after flowering to keep it floriferous and compact. Low growers for dappled shade? I suggest brunneras ...there are some beauties; hadspen cream has...
    Nikirushka You can prune hard in spring. It will respond well. Thereafter, prune every year after flowering to keep it floriferous and compact. Low growers for dappled shade? I suggest brunneras...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Paul Blackburn

What to do with Sunflowers

I put some over the compost heap a few days ago,I still have some in flower, i will leave these to help protect the bamboo and feed the birds through the winter.
    I put some over the compost heap a few days ago,I still have some in flower, i will leave these to help protect the bamboo and feed the birds through the winter.
    P1000749.JPG IMG_0370.JPG IMG_0373.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options