1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. longk

Show us your houseplants in bloom now

Mine survived on the allotment in a pot last winter. Think March this year has probably finished it off.
    Mine survived on the allotment in a pot last winter. Think March this year has probably finished it off.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. longk

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc.

Aeschynanthus 'Mona Lisa'................ Aeschynanthus 'Mona Lisa' by longk48, on Flickr
    Aeschynanthus 'Mona Lisa'................ Aeschynanthus 'Mona Lisa' by longk48, on Flickr
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. PEANUTPARADISE

Orchid Advice

Hi,Assume you are talking about the popular Phalaenopsis "moth" orchid ?As Pete says they only need a very weak solution, though they do like being fed at least weekly with the right...
    Hi,Assume you are talking about the popular Phalaenopsis "moth" orchid ?As Pete says they only need a very weak solution, though they do like being fed at least weekly with the right stuff.For simplicity you can buy Baby Bio Orchid feed or if your want to get the best you can use...
    Hi,Assume you are talking about the popular Phalaenopsis "moth" orchid ?As Pete says they only need a very weak solution, though they do like being fed at least weekly with the right stuff.For simplicity you can buy Baby Bio Orchid feed or...
    Hi,Assume you are talking about the popular Phalaenopsis "moth" orchid ?As Pete says they only need a very weak solution, though they do like being fed at least weekly with the right...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Irmemac
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Gail_68

Weeping willow

Hello jeannie :thankyou: it's in bud at the moment, so shouldn't be long before leaves are showing, you can by them in small, standard or large ...there also the very large ones that put in parks etc :)
    Hello jeannie :thankyou: it's in bud at the moment, so shouldn't be long before leaves are showing, you can by them in small, standard or large ...there also the very large ones that put in parks etc :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. longk
    Like x 10

Show Us Your Houseplants In Bloom 2018

Aeschynanthus 'Mona Lisa'............... Aeschynanthus 'Mona Lisa' by longk48, on FlickrHaving spent the winter in a cool spare room it is now in the greenhouse................ Aeschynanthus...
    Aeschynanthus 'Mona Lisa'............... Aeschynanthus 'Mona Lisa' by longk48, on FlickrHaving spent the winter in a cool spare room it is now in the greenhouse................ Aeschynanthus 'Mona Lisa' by longk48, on Flickr
    Aeschynanthus 'Mona Lisa'............... Aeschynanthus 'Mona Lisa' by longk48, on FlickrHaving spent the winter in a cool spare room it is now in the greenhouse................ Aeschynanthus 'Mona Lisa' by longk48, on Flickr
    Aeschynanthus 'Mona Lisa'............... Aeschynanthus 'Mona Lisa' by longk48, on FlickrHaving spent the winter in a cool spare room it is now in the greenhouse................ Aeschynanthus...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Lan

longest flowering rose tree for a west-facing front garden?

I'm no rose expert but I think you'd need a repeat flowering rose or a perpetual flowering rose. They will have several flushes of flowers from late spring until we get the first frosts. Have a...
    I'm no rose expert but I think you'd need a repeat flowering rose or a perpetual flowering rose. They will have several flushes of flowers from late spring until we get the first frosts. Have a google at "darcey bussell" and "pat austin" or maybe "compte de chambord".'reine des violettes' is...
    I'm no rose expert but I think you'd need a repeat flowering rose or a perpetual flowering rose. They will have several flushes of flowers from late spring until we get the first frosts. Have a google at "darcey bussell" and "pat austin" or...
    I'm no rose expert but I think you'd need a repeat flowering rose or a perpetual flowering rose. They will have several flushes of flowers from late spring until we get the first frosts. Have a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Snorky85

Heuchera and Vine Weevil

Westland and Levington are the two I usually use ricky:) I have long gone off Wyevale products
    Westland and Levington are the two I usually use ricky:) I have long gone off Wyevale products
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Gail_68

Hydrangea still fighting cold weather

Tee hee hee :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Gail_68

ID Please :)

Hi @silu I've always trimmed mine and they've been ok and last year I had to thin them out a bit as they was growing wide covering the garden lights...I have 5 in total across the decking front. :)
    Hi @silu I've always trimmed mine and they've been ok and last year I had to thin them out a bit as they was growing wide covering the garden lights...I have 5 in total across the decking front. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Paul Blackburn

When to plant Lilly of the Valley

OK that's great thanks @Verdun :thankyou:Doing my best to keep out of trouble :dbgrtmb:
    OK that's great thanks @Verdun :thankyou:Doing my best to keep out of trouble :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Paul Blackburn

Dahlia and Lilium planting times

I would not chance leaving dahlias in an unheated greenhouse at this time of year. It depends what you are trying to do, bring them on early? I leave some of my less precious Dahlias in the ground...
    I would not chance leaving dahlias in an unheated greenhouse at this time of year. It depends what you are trying to do, bring them on early? I leave some of my less precious Dahlias in the ground over-winter, some die but others survive and poke their new shoots above ground in late May without...
    I would not chance leaving dahlias in an unheated greenhouse at this time of year. It depends what you are trying to do, bring them on early? I leave some of my less precious Dahlias in the ground over-winter, some die but others survive and poke...
    I would not chance leaving dahlias in an unheated greenhouse at this time of year. It depends what you are trying to do, bring them on early? I leave some of my less precious Dahlias in the ground...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Paul Blackburn

When is the best time to plant some bulbs

I planted some Dutch Iris bulbs around this time last year and they, very kindly, flowered for me a few months later. As did the Dahlia tubers I planted at the same time, despite warnings that...
    I planted some Dutch Iris bulbs around this time last year and they, very kindly, flowered for me a few months later. As did the Dahlia tubers I planted at the same time, despite warnings that they shouldn't be planted until after the last frost. However - I must stipulate I am in the SE of...
    I planted some Dutch Iris bulbs around this time last year and they, very kindly, flowered for me a few months later. As did the Dahlia tubers I planted at the same time, despite warnings that they shouldn't be planted until after the last...
    I planted some Dutch Iris bulbs around this time last year and they, very kindly, flowered for me a few months later. As did the Dahlia tubers I planted at the same time, despite warnings that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Zigs

Girt Flower

Never mind the flower, who's the mec?;):roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Zigs
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. longk
    Like x 7

Show us your houseplants in bloom now 2017

Forget me @redstar I do have my moments :roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Rory Goldsbrough

Need some beginner help with Laurel hedge

Welcome to GC.I can't see much evidence of powdery mildew so you are obviously coping with it OK. As laurel is so tough I tend to just leave it to itself (I have a rather large amount of it)...
    Welcome to GC.I can't see much evidence of powdery mildew so you are obviously coping with it OK. As laurel is so tough I tend to just leave it to itself (I have a rather large amount of it) and just cut it when necessary. I wouldn't be inclined to thin it out as it will only fill back in...
    Welcome to GC.I can't see much evidence of powdery mildew so you are obviously coping with it OK. As laurel is so tough I tend to just leave it to itself (I have a rather large amount of it) and just cut it when necessary. I wouldn't be...
    Welcome to GC.I can't see much evidence of powdery mildew so you are obviously coping with it OK. As laurel is so tough I tend to just leave it to itself (I have a rather large amount of it)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Selleri

Hyacinths behaving badly :(

Thanks @Clare G , great link and info! I actually had a lightbulb moment ;) reading the blog, usually I grow blue hyachinths but this year after some determined skandi redecoration I went for white...
    Thanks @Clare G , great link and info! I actually had a lightbulb moment ;) reading the blog, usually I grow blue hyachinths but this year after some determined skandi redecoration I went for white ones. It could just be a different variety which explains the slowness this year rather than...
    Thanks @Clare G , great link and info! I actually had a lightbulb moment ;) reading the blog, usually I grow blue hyachinths but this year after some determined skandi redecoration I went for white ones. It could just be a different variety which...
    Thanks @Clare G , great link and info! I actually had a lightbulb moment ;) reading the blog, usually I grow blue hyachinths but this year after some determined skandi redecoration I went for white...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. David E Peacock

Dahlia Tubers

Good tip sandy :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Tetters
    Like x 3

Incentive for fans of ornamental grasses....

looks neat, have to get back to it when not at work.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. clueless1

Bromeliad house plant care

I'll try to get a pic or two on later. But I think I've been naughty with regard to watering, in that I forget for days on end, then give them a good soak when I remember. Their friend is a...
    I'll try to get a pic or two on later. But I think I've been naughty with regard to watering, in that I forget for days on end, then give them a good soak when I remember. Their friend is a massive spider plant, which thrives with the long dry spell followed by a drenching, and with spidey being...
    I'll try to get a pic or two on later. But I think I've been naughty with regard to watering, in that I forget for days on end, then give them a good soak when I remember. Their friend is a massive spider plant, which thrives with the long dry...
    I'll try to get a pic or two on later. But I think I've been naughty with regard to watering, in that I forget for days on end, then give them a good soak when I remember. Their friend is a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Jimcub

Pampas grass

Members this is only one of three I purchased here's the other two...got not choice as what I was buying kept out growing the large pots with in a year and on the front garden two plants died...
    Members this is only one of three I purchased here's the other two...got not choice as what I was buying kept out growing the large pots with in a year and on the front garden two plants died where I put this one and people think they're real pepper plants?
    Members this is only one of three I purchased here's the other two...got not choice as what I was buying kept out growing the large pots with in a year and on the front garden two plants died where I put this one and people think they're real...
    Members this is only one of three I purchased here's the other two...got not choice as what I was buying kept out growing the large pots with in a year and on the front garden two plants died...
    IMG_0852.JPG pp.PNG dd.jpg ddddddd.PNG Captureeddggdgd.PNG DSC00015.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options