1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Following recent events, the Admin Team have a message for all members, which we hope will give some explanation and information.

We would be grateful if you could take the time to have a read. Thank you.

Click Here For More Info
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. longk

Show us your houseplants in bloom now

Thanks Victoria, that would explain why you never see them in flower.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. longk

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc.

Oh, yesss. But about 25 varieties versus more than 100 is not many anymore. They take 1 shelf only as on pics.
    Oh, yesss. But about 25 varieties versus more than 100 is not many anymore. They take 1 shelf only as on pics.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. roders
    Like x 7

Show us your House Plants in bloom 2019.

Snap @Doghouse Riley - we seem to share a taste when it comes to white orchids :biggrin: For some reason my Dendrobium only has flowers in the lower parts of the stems, so they are nearly hidden behind...
    Snap @Doghouse Riley - we seem to share a taste when it comes to white orchids :biggrin: For some reason my Dendrobium only has flowers in the lower parts of the stems, so they are nearly hidden behind the small Phalenopsis. But they are very fragrant :)
    Snap @Doghouse Riley - we seem to share a taste when it comes to white orchids :biggrin: For some reason my Dendrobium only has flowers in the lower parts of the stems, so they are nearly hidden behind the small Phalenopsis. But they are very fragrant :)
    Snap @Doghouse Riley - we seem to share a taste when it comes to white orchids :biggrin: For some reason my Dendrobium only has flowers in the lower parts of the stems, so they are nearly hidden behind...
    EBE12B51-3598-41A8-9451-F8AFC6C0AE97.jpeg AB78F354-3668-4722-8728-B0EE836B349C.jpeg 2C750C26-771D-455E-BE81-5B377830A26B.jpeg FD7C2894-A8EC-447B-9F7F-AC20857AB680.jpeg DSC_1651.jpg P1020160.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Snorky85

Pruning Christmas Box

Ah I get you...to encourage roots to grow from the length of the stem. I think I may have done this accidentally with other plants in the past.
    Ah I get you...to encourage roots to grow from the length of the stem. I think I may have done this accidentally with other plants in the past.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Krista

How would you improve this Aspidistra?

Hi Mike, your reply just popped up-TY. We are Londoners,the water is groaning with limescale and the inside of the pot IS coated! Propbably not helping!! Can`t see her going to the trouble of...
    Hi Mike, your reply just popped up-TY. We are Londoners,the water is groaning with limescale and the inside of the pot IS coated! Propbably not helping!! Can`t see her going to the trouble of catching rainwater and watering with that somehow. But a cleaned pot and a bit of peat based compost...
    Hi Mike, your reply just popped up-TY. We are Londoners,the water is groaning with limescale and the inside of the pot IS coated! Propbably not helping!! Can`t see her going to the trouble of catching rainwater and watering with that somehow. But...
    Hi Mike, your reply just popped up-TY. We are Londoners,the water is groaning with limescale and the inside of the pot IS coated! Propbably not helping!! Can`t see her going to the trouble of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. LauraRoslin

What to do with stocks in December?

Awww my backside!:snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Gail_606

Daffs out already OMG

Hello Tam, long time no chat mate :)...cold spell we've got bad weather coming yet with it :snorky:
    Hello Tam, long time no chat mate :)...cold spell we've got bad weather coming yet with it :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wiseowl
    Like x 6

Lawns coming back again

We've large number of worm casts on our lawn. This is always evidence of a heathy lawn and they provide a lot of aeration.
    We've large number of worm casts on our lawn. This is always evidence of a heathy lawn and they provide a lot of aeration.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sienna's Blossom
    Like x 3

My spider plant is having babies AND flowering!

I was forever repotting mine. I brought it home from work where it was really struggling. It had been left by an ex-colleague. I put it on a south-facing windowsill and it went nuts!
    I was forever repotting mine. I brought it home from work where it was really struggling. It had been left by an ex-colleague. I put it on a south-facing windowsill and it went nuts!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. longk
    Like x 11

Show Us Your Houseplants In Bloom 2018

Christmas Cactus
    Christmas Cactus
    Christmas Cactus
    Christmas Cactus
    img 5.jpg P1000990.JPG img.jpg DSC00072.JPG DSC00073.JPG DSC00074.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. MAJ

Getting rid of a diseased Kerria

Oh, I agree, "me old pal, me old beauty":dunno::heehee: But many gardeners, in the early years buy shrubs that are on display in Garden Nurseries, on impulse and "ignorance" and Kerria is one of those shrubs....
    Oh, I agree, "me old pal, me old beauty":dunno::heehee: But many gardeners, in the early years buy shrubs that are on display in Garden Nurseries, on impulse and "ignorance" and Kerria is one of those shrubs. Me?, Garrya eliptica James Roof and Osmanthus Delavayi are two of my favourites, the first for...
    Oh, I agree, "me old pal, me old beauty":dunno::heehee: But many gardeners, in the early years buy shrubs that are on display in Garden Nurseries, on impulse and "ignorance" and Kerria is one of those shrubs. Me?, Garrya eliptica James Roof and Osmanthus...
    Oh, I agree, "me old pal, me old beauty":dunno::heehee: But many gardeners, in the early years buy shrubs that are on display in Garden Nurseries, on impulse and "ignorance" and Kerria is one of those shrubs....
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Whippet

Bamboo division.

It must be very relaxing for you, sitting looking out on to your garden. It looks stunning. I only have a floodlight on the wall of my house. It is just used when my dogs go into the garden in the...
    It must be very relaxing for you, sitting looking out on to your garden. It looks stunning. I only have a floodlight on the wall of my house. It is just used when my dogs go into the garden in the dark. :biggrin:
    It must be very relaxing for you, sitting looking out on to your garden. It looks stunning. I only have a floodlight on the wall of my house. It is just used when my dogs go into the garden in the dark. :biggrin:
    It must be very relaxing for you, sitting looking out on to your garden. It looks stunning. I only have a floodlight on the wall of my house. It is just used when my dogs go into the garden in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Delta

Decidious azaleas?

Azaleas can be deciduous or evergreen. I have both here. An important factor in growing azaleas in pots is not to mulch too heavily. A soil based ericaceous compost too is important. :)
    Azaleas can be deciduous or evergreen. I have both here. An important factor in growing azaleas in pots is not to mulch too heavily. A soil based ericaceous compost too is important. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Selleri

Orchid question: my Phalenops is growing a lot of roots

Hi,A general guide to watering is when the roots look white/creamish colour then they need watering with a weak fertilizer, just plain tepid water every 5th or 6th time to wash away old salts...
    Hi,A general guide to watering is when the roots look white/creamish colour then they need watering with a weak fertilizer, just plain tepid water every 5th or 6th time to wash away old salts etc.Normally you just pour the water on the top and let it drain straight though the pot for a few...
    Hi,A general guide to watering is when the roots look white/creamish colour then they need watering with a weak fertilizer, just plain tepid water every 5th or 6th time to wash away old salts etc.Normally you just pour the water on the top...
    Hi,A general guide to watering is when the roots look white/creamish colour then they need watering with a weak fertilizer, just plain tepid water every 5th or 6th time to wash away old salts...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Snorky85

Weigela

Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more...
    Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more shoots will be produced next year. You could plant it out but, again, I would prefer to keep it in...
    Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more shoots will be produced next year. You could plant...
    Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JustJim

Winter Plants?

How about pernettya, gaultheria or ruscus to give low plants with different berry colours that last quite well over winter
    How about pernettya, gaultheria or ruscus to give low plants with different berry colours that last quite well over winter
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sienna's Blossom

Peace Lily Care

Hi @Tetters , many thanks for the reply. That's great news that they are easy to care for, I'll make sure to keep it well watered then, and I'm glad they don't need feeding too much.We do have...
    Hi @Tetters , many thanks for the reply. That's great news that they are easy to care for, I'll make sure to keep it well watered then, and I'm glad they don't need feeding too much.We do have a cat, and so I did a bit of research which said that whilst other types of lilies can be fatal to...
    Hi @Tetters , many thanks for the reply. That's great news that they are easy to care for, I'll make sure to keep it well watered then, and I'm glad they don't need feeding too much.We do have a cat, and so I did a bit of research which said...
    Hi @Tetters , many thanks for the reply. That's great news that they are easy to care for, I'll make sure to keep it well watered then, and I'm glad they don't need feeding too much.We do have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. kazzawazza

Plant ID

I was way out on scale then.:biggrin::biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Shaneoak

Best time to plant Crocus in UK?

Thanks Loofah:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. K78

Fastest growing climbing plants.

Sounds fab, I love it! But think about how you would mow it :rolleyespink: You could go for a wild flower look but you are right, now is the time to sow seed or lay turf.
    Sounds fab, I love it! But think about how you would mow it :rolleyespink: You could go for a wild flower look but you are right, now is the time to sow seed or lay turf.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. PEANUTPARADISE

Ruellia Makoyana Help

I can only speak for Ruellia brittoniana, but that took two years to flower from seed, despite developing into a big, healthy plant in year one.
    I can only speak for Ruellia brittoniana, but that took two years to flower from seed, despite developing into a big, healthy plant in year one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Loubielouy

Strange plant

Hiya loublelouy. Nice to see you again :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options