1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. November Photo Comp is now open with a great new theme.! Come and join in.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. longk

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc.

This is more about previous season snow :) flowering in the middle of June. Still going down with quantity of varieties:
    This is more about previous season snow :) flowering in the middle of June. Still going down with quantity of varieties:
    rufflied_skies.jpg lituanika_starting.jpg no_name.jpg Dec 12 064.jpg IMG_5310.jpg sweet_melys.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. longk

Show us your houseplants in bloom now

Adenium obesum.
    Adenium obesum.
    Adenium obesum.
    Adenium obesum.
    DSC_3219.jpg DSC_3221.jpg DSC_3222.jpg DSC_3223.jpg 005.JPG 006.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Whippet

Bamboo division.

Thanks for the kind words. The tree next to the pagoda is a Sorbus, the little one is an acer I prune to a ball shape.We like lights in the garden, we've a dozen of them, controlled by four...
    Thanks for the kind words. The tree next to the pagoda is a Sorbus, the little one is an acer I prune to a ball shape.We like lights in the garden, we've a dozen of them, controlled by four switches behind the lounge curtains, plus a dozen solar lights.
    Thanks for the kind words. The tree next to the pagoda is a Sorbus, the little one is an acer I prune to a ball shape.We like lights in the garden, we've a dozen of them, controlled by four switches behind the lounge curtains, plus a dozen...
    Thanks for the kind words. The tree next to the pagoda is a Sorbus, the little one is an acer I prune to a ball shape.We like lights in the garden, we've a dozen of them, controlled by four...
    P1060732.JPG P1060726.JPG P1060727.JPG tree 040.JPG P1020912.JPG Lit Pagoda.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. longk
    Like x 10

Show Us Your Houseplants In Bloom 2018

Early Christmas cactus
    Early Christmas cactus
    Early Christmas cactus
    Early Christmas cactus
    img 5.jpg P1000990.JPG img.jpg DSC00072.JPG DSC00073.JPG DSC00074.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Delta

Decidious azaleas?

Azaleas can be deciduous or evergreen. I have both here. An important factor in growing azaleas in pots is not to mulch too heavily. A soil based ericaceous compost too is important. :)
    Azaleas can be deciduous or evergreen. I have both here. An important factor in growing azaleas in pots is not to mulch too heavily. A soil based ericaceous compost too is important. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Selleri

Orchid question: my Phalenops is growing a lot of roots

Hi,A general guide to watering is when the roots look white/creamish colour then they need watering with a weak fertilizer, just plain tepid water every 5th or 6th time to wash away old salts...
    Hi,A general guide to watering is when the roots look white/creamish colour then they need watering with a weak fertilizer, just plain tepid water every 5th or 6th time to wash away old salts etc.Normally you just pour the water on the top and let it drain straight though the pot for a few...
    Hi,A general guide to watering is when the roots look white/creamish colour then they need watering with a weak fertilizer, just plain tepid water every 5th or 6th time to wash away old salts etc.Normally you just pour the water on the top...
    Hi,A general guide to watering is when the roots look white/creamish colour then they need watering with a weak fertilizer, just plain tepid water every 5th or 6th time to wash away old salts...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Snorky85

Weigela

Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more...
    Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more shoots will be produced next year. You could plant it out but, again, I would prefer to keep it in...
    Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more shoots will be produced next year. You could plant...
    Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. JustJim

Winter Plants?

How about pernettya, gaultheria or ruscus to give low plants with different berry colours that last quite well over winter
    How about pernettya, gaultheria or ruscus to give low plants with different berry colours that last quite well over winter
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sienna's Blossom

Peace Lily Care

Hi @Tetters , many thanks for the reply. That's great news that they are easy to care for, I'll make sure to keep it well watered then, and I'm glad they don't need feeding too much.We do have...
    Hi @Tetters , many thanks for the reply. That's great news that they are easy to care for, I'll make sure to keep it well watered then, and I'm glad they don't need feeding too much.We do have a cat, and so I did a bit of research which said that whilst other types of lilies can be fatal to...
    Hi @Tetters , many thanks for the reply. That's great news that they are easy to care for, I'll make sure to keep it well watered then, and I'm glad they don't need feeding too much.We do have a cat, and so I did a bit of research which said...
    Hi @Tetters , many thanks for the reply. That's great news that they are easy to care for, I'll make sure to keep it well watered then, and I'm glad they don't need feeding too much.We do have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. kazzawazza

Plant ID

I was way out on scale then.:biggrin::biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Shaneoak

Best time to plant Crocus in UK?

Thanks Loofah:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. K78

Fastest growing climbing plants.

Sounds fab, I love it! But think about how you would mow it :rolleyespink: You could go for a wild flower look but you are right, now is the time to sow seed or lay turf.
    Sounds fab, I love it! But think about how you would mow it :rolleyespink: You could go for a wild flower look but you are right, now is the time to sow seed or lay turf.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. PEANUTPARADISE

Ruellia Makoyana Help

I can only speak for Ruellia brittoniana, but that took two years to flower from seed, despite developing into a big, healthy plant in year one.
    I can only speak for Ruellia brittoniana, but that took two years to flower from seed, despite developing into a big, healthy plant in year one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. wiseowl
    Like x 3

Lawns coming back again

Amazing isn't it when the lawn returns. All mine needed was a couple of downpours and the green returned. Also the plants instantly seem to perk up after proper rain. I gave my lawn a couple of...
    Amazing isn't it when the lawn returns. All mine needed was a couple of downpours and the green returned. Also the plants instantly seem to perk up after proper rain. I gave my lawn a couple of liquid feeds before the hot weather started and it seemed to make a slight difference when compared to...
    Amazing isn't it when the lawn returns. All mine needed was a couple of downpours and the green returned. Also the plants instantly seem to perk up after proper rain. I gave my lawn a couple of liquid feeds before the hot weather started and it...
    Amazing isn't it when the lawn returns. All mine needed was a couple of downpours and the green returned. Also the plants instantly seem to perk up after proper rain. I gave my lawn a couple of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Loubielouy

Strange plant

Hiya loublelouy. Nice to see you again :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Scudo

Dahlia,fungus ?

This dahlia was looking much like yours Scudo some 3 or 4 weeks ago. Now healthy and full of buds
    This dahlia was looking much like yours Scudo some 3 or 4 weeks ago. Now healthy and full of buds
    P1.jpg P2.jpg IMG_5235.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Gail_68

What's the best way of cutting these plants back?

Well I have spare pots down the back garden and hubby wants to put plants in them...so they mays well be split :thumbsup:
    Well I have spare pots down the back garden and hubby wants to put plants in them...so they mays well be split :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Darren W

Honeysuckle planting depth.

2 years old stems might be too woody to readily sprout if buried, but probably some will. To make sure you don't lose the plant, Verdun's advise sounds perfect. :) In addition it might be worthwhile...
    2 years old stems might be too woody to readily sprout if buried, but probably some will. To make sure you don't lose the plant, Verdun's advise sounds perfect. :) In addition it might be worthwhile taking cuttings from the fresh top growth and once rooted in pots, plant them in.My Lonicera...
    2 years old stems might be too woody to readily sprout if buried, but probably some will. To make sure you don't lose the plant, Verdun's advise sounds perfect. :) In addition it might be worthwhile taking cuttings from the fresh top growth and...
    2 years old stems might be too woody to readily sprout if buried, but probably some will. To make sure you don't lose the plant, Verdun's advise sounds perfect. :) In addition it might be worthwhile...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Lee Savage

Dead ornamental grasses

Grass! Such a versatile plant. I agree with Verdun. Presumeably it's in a pot. The browned dead parts are just that. New growth only comes from the root ball. I suggest cutting down to just...
    Grass! Such a versatile plant. I agree with Verdun. Presumeably it's in a pot. The browned dead parts are just that. New growth only comes from the root ball. I suggest cutting down to just above the rim of the pot, keep it watered. Don't go feeding it, just water and leave and watch for...
    Grass! Such a versatile plant. I agree with Verdun. Presumeably it's in a pot. The browned dead parts are just that. New growth only comes from the root ball. I suggest cutting down to just above the rim of the pot, keep it watered. Don't...
    Grass! Such a versatile plant. I agree with Verdun. Presumeably it's in a pot. The browned dead parts are just that. New growth only comes from the root ball. I suggest cutting down to just...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. eddybaby

Pinks

Thank you once again Verdun
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Sarah Eley

Help with our dogwood...

Thanks Sarah :) Feedback is always important.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Tach

Autumn planting

Hello @Tach :sign0016: to GC and I have to agree with Verdun because autumn is when winter is up on we and if it's anything like this winter was :phew:...we just managed to save our plants besides losing some :)
    Hello @Tach :sign0016: to GC and I have to agree with Verdun because autumn is when winter is up on we and if it's anything like this winter was :phew:...we just managed to save our plants besides losing some :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options