1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. longk
    Locked Sticky

Show us your houseplants in bloom now

Christmas Cactus the third time this year
    DSC_3219.jpg DSC_3221.jpg DSC_3222.jpg DSC_3223.jpg 005.JPG 006.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. longk

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc.

Thank you Alisa :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. martyn bromley

Advice please

I transplanted some plug plants -Impatiens New Guinea Harmony into 9 cm pots using a general multipurpose compost. I placed them in a cold frame. These were very healthy plants with green leaves....
    I transplanted some plug plants -Impatiens New Guinea Harmony into 9 cm pots using a general multipurpose compost. I placed them in a cold frame. These were very healthy plants with green leaves. However after a few days the end of the leaves have gone a purpley/brown. Can anyone suggest what...
    I transplanted some plug plants -Impatiens New Guinea Harmony into 9 cm pots using a general multipurpose compost. I placed them in a cold frame. These were very healthy plants with green leaves. However after a few days the end of the leaves...
    I transplanted some plug plants -Impatiens New Guinea Harmony into 9 cm pots using a general multipurpose compost. I placed them in a cold frame. These were very healthy plants with green leaves....
    image.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. longk
    Like x 5

Show us your houseplants in bloom now 2017

Fuchsia Space Shuttle
    Fuchsia Space Shuttle
    Fuchsia Space Shuttle
    Fuchsia Space Shuttle
    16807394_10212552824719440_2863827866934524885_n.jpg 13872653_10210518108852815_8777374087424740934_n.jpg DSC_0576 (2).JPG DSC_0579 (2).JPG WP_20170322_17_24_06_Rich_LI.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Linz

Skip diving - found bamboo

Stick them in the soggy bit - they'll take there :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Snorky85

Laurel with possible disease....get rid??

not sure what to do with this as it doesn't look great and is in the wrong place for me. Shall i be brave and get rid or should I replant elsewhere? Any thoughts? Worried if it's a fungus that it...
    not sure what to do with this as it doesn't look great and is in the wrong place for me. Shall i be brave and get rid or should I replant elsewhere? Any thoughts? Worried if it's a fungus that it could spread.
    not sure what to do with this as it doesn't look great and is in the wrong place for me. Shall i be brave and get rid or should I replant elsewhere? Any thoughts? Worried if it's a fungus that it could spread.
    not sure what to do with this as it doesn't look great and is in the wrong place for me. Shall i be brave and get rid or should I replant elsewhere? Any thoughts? Worried if it's a fungus that it...
    IMG_7533.JPG IMG_7531.JPG IMG_7538.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. prettypolly

Orchid Help Please

I'd just use water. Never really liked any kinds of leaf shine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. David E Peacock

New Zealand Flax

You walked into that, pete!!:heehee::loll::lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Markymark

Cornus alba

can't upload this neat picture of clear ice hanging from the red branches of this shrub. oh, well.
    can't upload this neat picture of clear ice hanging from the red branches of this shrub. oh, well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Markymark

What's this?

So if I prune the photonics, can I take most of the growth off? I sort of like the face that it is turning into a small tree... (it's a shrub, right?) . In the summer, I have perennials that grow...
    So if I prune the photonics, can I take most of the growth off? I sort of like the face that it is turning into a small tree... (it's a shrub, right?) . In the summer, I have perennials that grow right up to where the foliage starts. Thanks for the advice. I'll cut it as we enter March. :-))
    So if I prune the photonics, can I take most of the growth off? I sort of like the face that it is turning into a small tree... (it's a shrub, right?) . In the summer, I have perennials that grow right up to where the foliage starts. Thanks for...
    So if I prune the photonics, can I take most of the growth off? I sort of like the face that it is turning into a small tree... (it's a shrub, right?) . In the summer, I have perennials that grow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Paul Blackburn

When to move bulbs outside

Keeping Squirrels from Digging in PlantsFound this on Google
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Snorky85

Allium bulbs....is it too late to put them in?

Yes, @Snorky85 it's the 27th and 28th of May. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Snorky85

Cimicifuga racemosa......in a pot

Wow @silu that is fantastic!! Just the kind of advice I needed. Going to get my book out later and look up your suggestions. I'm happy to have several pots that I can change with the seasons for...
    Wow @silu that is fantastic!! Just the kind of advice I needed. Going to get my book out later and look up your suggestions. I'm happy to have several pots that I can change with the seasons for all year round interest.Excited about putting this all together. :snorky:
    Wow @silu that is fantastic!! Just the kind of advice I needed. Going to get my book out later and look up your suggestions. I'm happy to have several pots that I can change with the seasons for all year round interest.Excited about putting...
    Wow @silu that is fantastic!! Just the kind of advice I needed. Going to get my book out later and look up your suggestions. I'm happy to have several pots that I can change with the seasons for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Artylarry

Bonchi attempt

Much of bonsai growing is mainly just basic horticulture in that you are trying to raise a strong and healthy plant. The artistic shaping accounts for only a small part of it.After hard pruning...
    Much of bonsai growing is mainly just basic horticulture in that you are trying to raise a strong and healthy plant. The artistic shaping accounts for only a small part of it.After hard pruning the chilli plant, I would let it grow wild in a cheap training container (can be any container with...
    Much of bonsai growing is mainly just basic horticulture in that you are trying to raise a strong and healthy plant. The artistic shaping accounts for only a small part of it.After hard pruning the chilli plant, I would let it grow wild in a...
    Much of bonsai growing is mainly just basic horticulture in that you are trying to raise a strong and healthy plant. The artistic shaping accounts for only a small part of it.After hard pruning...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Shaneoak

Not sure if Colombine's will flower this year or next?

Just to throw a little spanner in the works regarding aquilegias:I bought a very pretty aquilegia from Shineyland in 2014 (may have been 2013 though :scratch: ). I also moved house later that year. In...
    Just to throw a little spanner in the works regarding aquilegias:I bought a very pretty aquilegia from Shineyland in 2014 (may have been 2013 though :scratch: ). I also moved house later that year. In 2015, it flowered again beautifully and I collected some seeds (sent some to a fellow GC member if I...
    Just to throw a little spanner in the works regarding aquilegias:I bought a very pretty aquilegia from Shineyland in 2014 (may have been 2013 though :scratch: ). I also moved house later that year. In 2015, it flowered again beautifully and I...
    Just to throw a little spanner in the works regarding aquilegias:I bought a very pretty aquilegia from Shineyland in 2014 (may have been 2013 though :scratch: ). I also moved house later that year. In...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. wiseowl
    Like x 6

Woos Christmas Cactus

Just found this pic from last year of my other one
    P1220838.JPG P1220839.JPG CCactus.jpg CCC.jpg IMG_0653.JPG IMG_0654.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Paul Blackburn

Question about fuchsia's

I know two of the bulbs are narcissus and crocus but remember the third one will have to call into the garden center where I got them and find out.
    I know two of the bulbs are narcissus and crocus but remember the third one will have to call into the garden center where I got them and find out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. strongylodon
    Like x 10

A perfect specimen!

Coward :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Scudo
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. ricky101

Lavender Munstead plug plants

Hi,270 - wow , you must have a large garden and a large greenhouse to keep them in !If you had a batch that failed certainly worth a mail to T&M, though a photo of the poor ones does help...
    Hi,270 - wow , you must have a large garden and a large greenhouse to keep them in !If you had a batch that failed certainly worth a mail to T&M, though a photo of the poor ones does help your case. Seems the plug plants are mainly sold out , so perhaps they can only off a refund rather...
    Hi,270 - wow , you must have a large garden and a large greenhouse to keep them in !If you had a batch that failed certainly worth a mail to T&M, though a photo of the poor ones does help your case. Seems the plug plants are mainly sold out...
    Hi,270 - wow , you must have a large garden and a large greenhouse to keep them in !If you had a batch that failed certainly worth a mail to T&M, though a photo of the poor ones does help...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Snorky85

Azalea....should I give up on this one?

Ha ha, yes, I've ordered a kit online, but didnt want to have to drive all the way to the shops today-luckily had a red cabbage in the fridge :snorky:yes, whatever happens, i'll try potting them before...
    Ha ha, yes, I've ordered a kit online, but didnt want to have to drive all the way to the shops today-luckily had a red cabbage in the fridge :snorky:yes, whatever happens, i'll try potting them before getting rid...hate to chuck anything out!i think the name refers to knap hill or exbury...
    Ha ha, yes, I've ordered a kit online, but didnt want to have to drive all the way to the shops today-luckily had a red cabbage in the fridge :snorky:yes, whatever happens, i'll try potting them before getting rid...hate to chuck anything out!i...
    Ha ha, yes, I've ordered a kit online, but didnt want to have to drive all the way to the shops today-luckily had a red cabbage in the fridge :snorky:yes, whatever happens, i'll try potting them before...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Moss

straggly penstemons?

I would leave it until the spring now.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options