1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. longk

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc.

This is more about previous season snow :) flowering in the middle of June. Still going down with quantity of varieties:
    This is more about previous season snow :) flowering in the middle of June. Still going down with quantity of varieties:
    rufflied_skies.jpg lituanika_starting.jpg no_name.jpg Dec 12 064.jpg IMG_5310.jpg sweet_melys.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. longk

Show us your houseplants in bloom now

Adenium obesum.
    Adenium obesum.
    Adenium obesum.
    Adenium obesum.
    DSC_3219.jpg DSC_3221.jpg DSC_3222.jpg DSC_3223.jpg 005.JPG 006.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. K78

Fastest growing climbing plants.

Sounds fab, I love it! But think about how you would mow it :rolleyespink: You could go for a wild flower look but you are right, now is the time to sow seed or lay turf.
    Sounds fab, I love it! But think about how you would mow it :rolleyespink: You could go for a wild flower look but you are right, now is the time to sow seed or lay turf.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. longk
    Like x 10

Show Us Your Houseplants In Bloom 2018

Sorry to hear that. I wonder why it doesn't bloom for you. Mine is very potbound and has hardly any water.
    Sorry to hear that. I wonder why it doesn't bloom for you. Mine is very potbound and has hardly any water.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. PEANUTPARADISE

Ruellia Makoyana Help

I can only speak for Ruellia brittoniana, but that took two years to flower from seed, despite developing into a big, healthy plant in year one.
    I can only speak for Ruellia brittoniana, but that took two years to flower from seed, despite developing into a big, healthy plant in year one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl
    Like x 3

Lawns coming back again

Amazing isn't it when the lawn returns. All mine needed was a couple of downpours and the green returned. Also the plants instantly seem to perk up after proper rain. I gave my lawn a couple of...
    Amazing isn't it when the lawn returns. All mine needed was a couple of downpours and the green returned. Also the plants instantly seem to perk up after proper rain. I gave my lawn a couple of liquid feeds before the hot weather started and it seemed to make a slight difference when compared to...
    Amazing isn't it when the lawn returns. All mine needed was a couple of downpours and the green returned. Also the plants instantly seem to perk up after proper rain. I gave my lawn a couple of liquid feeds before the hot weather started and it...
    Amazing isn't it when the lawn returns. All mine needed was a couple of downpours and the green returned. Also the plants instantly seem to perk up after proper rain. I gave my lawn a couple of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Loubielouy

Strange plant

Hiya loublelouy. Nice to see you again :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Scudo

Dahlia,fungus ?

This dahlia was looking much like yours Scudo some 3 or 4 weeks ago. Now healthy and full of buds
    This dahlia was looking much like yours Scudo some 3 or 4 weeks ago. Now healthy and full of buds
    P1.jpg P2.jpg IMG_5235.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Gail_68

What's the best way of cutting these plants back?

Well I have spare pots down the back garden and hubby wants to put plants in them...so they mays well be split :thumbsup:
    Well I have spare pots down the back garden and hubby wants to put plants in them...so they mays well be split :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Darren W

Honeysuckle planting depth.

2 years old stems might be too woody to readily sprout if buried, but probably some will. To make sure you don't lose the plant, Verdun's advise sounds perfect. :) In addition it might be worthwhile...
    2 years old stems might be too woody to readily sprout if buried, but probably some will. To make sure you don't lose the plant, Verdun's advise sounds perfect. :) In addition it might be worthwhile taking cuttings from the fresh top growth and once rooted in pots, plant them in.My Lonicera...
    2 years old stems might be too woody to readily sprout if buried, but probably some will. To make sure you don't lose the plant, Verdun's advise sounds perfect. :) In addition it might be worthwhile taking cuttings from the fresh top growth and...
    2 years old stems might be too woody to readily sprout if buried, but probably some will. To make sure you don't lose the plant, Verdun's advise sounds perfect. :) In addition it might be worthwhile...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Lee Savage

Dead ornamental grasses

Grass! Such a versatile plant. I agree with Verdun. Presumeably it's in a pot. The browned dead parts are just that. New growth only comes from the root ball. I suggest cutting down to just...
    Grass! Such a versatile plant. I agree with Verdun. Presumeably it's in a pot. The browned dead parts are just that. New growth only comes from the root ball. I suggest cutting down to just above the rim of the pot, keep it watered. Don't go feeding it, just water and leave and watch for...
    Grass! Such a versatile plant. I agree with Verdun. Presumeably it's in a pot. The browned dead parts are just that. New growth only comes from the root ball. I suggest cutting down to just above the rim of the pot, keep it watered. Don't...
    Grass! Such a versatile plant. I agree with Verdun. Presumeably it's in a pot. The browned dead parts are just that. New growth only comes from the root ball. I suggest cutting down to just...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. eddybaby

Pinks

Thank you once again Verdun
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Sarah Eley

Help with our dogwood...

Thanks Sarah :) Feedback is always important.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Tach

Autumn planting

Hello @Tach :sign0016: to GC and I have to agree with Verdun because autumn is when winter is up on we and if it's anything like this winter was :phew:...we just managed to save our plants besides losing some :)
    Hello @Tach :sign0016: to GC and I have to agree with Verdun because autumn is when winter is up on we and if it's anything like this winter was :phew:...we just managed to save our plants besides losing some :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Scudo

Sweet peas, whats wrong

I have since dead headed them, kind of got delayed with that ritual as I was taking advantage of the good weather and built a garden bench (small shed so have to do outdoors) Slugs have been non...
    I have since dead headed them, kind of got delayed with that ritual as I was taking advantage of the good weather and built a garden bench (small shed so have to do outdoors) Slugs have been non existent this year so not that. Maybe birds but not consistent when the other 3 are ok. They have...
    I have since dead headed them, kind of got delayed with that ritual as I was taking advantage of the good weather and built a garden bench (small shed so have to do outdoors) Slugs have been non existent this year so not that. Maybe birds but not...
    I have since dead headed them, kind of got delayed with that ritual as I was taking advantage of the good weather and built a garden bench (small shed so have to do outdoors) Slugs have been non...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. jazzy

Hydrangeas - When to plant?

Yes slightly jazzy, but if you see a good one somewhere you can plant it without problems. The advantages of planting choisya now are, one it will look good now and, two, it will develop and grow...
    Yes slightly jazzy, but if you see a good one somewhere you can plant it without problems. The advantages of planting choisya now are, one it will look good now and, two, it will develop and grow that much more during the summer to make a better impact over winter. Even though choisyas like it...
    Yes slightly jazzy, but if you see a good one somewhere you can plant it without problems. The advantages of planting choisya now are, one it will look good now and, two, it will develop and grow that much more during the summer to make a better...
    Yes slightly jazzy, but if you see a good one somewhere you can plant it without problems. The advantages of planting choisya now are, one it will look good now and, two, it will develop and grow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Gail_68

OMG what's happening to my new plant???

I know mate they're a beautiful plant and @Doghouse Riley as a beautiful selection and @martin-f with those lovely pots he brought :)
    I know mate they're a beautiful plant and @Doghouse Riley as a beautiful selection and @martin-f with those lovely pots he brought :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Nicki M

Ground cover between bamboo

PS.. When planning beds and borders, they need to be as wide and deep as possible to work well, so Lord Awful won`t have quite so much grass to see to
    PS.. When planning beds and borders, they need to be as wide and deep as possible to work well, so Lord Awful won`t have quite so much grass to see to
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Rika

Help needed! Hydrangea problem!

Hello @Rika :sign0016: to the forum and nice to have you with us...your in good hands with @Verdun and @ARMANDII as they do know their plants :)
    Hello @Rika :sign0016: to the forum and nice to have you with us...your in good hands with @Verdun and @ARMANDII as they do know their plants :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Berberis Artista

Four metre high wall

I have a climbing hydrangea on the street side of the house and was hoping to make the most of the sun this wall gets. It faces east but is very open and nearly constantly in the light in the...
    I have a climbing hydrangea on the street side of the house and was hoping to make the most of the sun this wall gets. It faces east but is very open and nearly constantly in the light in the summer. I wouldn't have thought of clematis except that I saw one covering a wall this size in Ireland....
    I have a climbing hydrangea on the street side of the house and was hoping to make the most of the sun this wall gets. It faces east but is very open and nearly constantly in the light in the summer. I wouldn't have thought of clematis except...
    I have a climbing hydrangea on the street side of the house and was hoping to make the most of the sun this wall gets. It faces east but is very open and nearly constantly in the light in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Gail_68

Hydrangea Wilts

:thankyou: Verdun :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Paul Blackburn

When to plant bulbs