1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. wiseowl

Show Us Your HousePlants In Bloom Now 2023

Begonia rex 'Black Mamba'
    DSC03571.JPG DSC03572.JPG 20230101_144644.jpg 20230101_144709.jpg 127_2549.JPG 127_2556.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc. 2019 - 2023

The same faces :)
    DSC_0023.JPG P1180010.JPG P1180013.JPG P1180015.JPG P1180043.JPG P2060024.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Esoxlucius

Repotting timeline

Thanks, lol. My beauty star is one of my better looking calatheas, it's positively thriving. Others are doing well but need a few "tweaks" to look as good as that one.It's very rewarding when...
    Thanks, lol. My beauty star is one of my better looking calatheas, it's positively thriving. Others are doing well but need a few "tweaks" to look as good as that one.It's very rewarding when you finally find out what a plant really likes, and they stop sulking at you and actually get on with...
    Thanks, lol. My beauty star is one of my better looking calatheas, it's positively thriving. Others are doing well but need a few "tweaks" to look as good as that one.It's very rewarding when you finally find out what a plant really likes, and...
    Thanks, lol. My beauty star is one of my better looking calatheas, it's positively thriving. Others are doing well but need a few "tweaks" to look as good as that one.It's very rewarding when...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Shaneoak

Awful British weather ruinng plants …

Sorry to hear of your weather problems. We have been lucky here in Shineyland as although we have had the gales etc. we have also had warmer weather than usual so most of our plants seem very...
    Sorry to hear of your weather problems. We have been lucky here in Shineyland as although we have had the gales etc. we have also had warmer weather than usual so most of our plants seem very happy.Yesterday we spent some hours digging over the ground around the veg area as the soil was...
    Sorry to hear of your weather problems. We have been lucky here in Shineyland as although we have had the gales etc. we have also had warmer weather than usual so most of our plants seem very happy.Yesterday we spent some hours digging over...
    Sorry to hear of your weather problems. We have been lucky here in Shineyland as although we have had the gales etc. we have also had warmer weather than usual so most of our plants seem very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Esoxlucius

Indoor light tree!

Would say Araucaria heterophylla ... but.... humidity...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. hoofy

Camelia and azalea both dead?

Oops. That could be an expensive mistake.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Esoxlucius

Strelitzia reginae

I don't know about science, but I am a simpleton when it comes to gardening, as I am in my personal being and prefer natural remedies to chemical.You can just look at my garden and see if...
    I don't know about science, but I am a simpleton when it comes to gardening, as I am in my personal being and prefer natural remedies to chemical.You can just look at my garden and see if anything suffers by my neglect or only occasionally feeding with natural products and I don't grow the...
    I don't know about science, but I am a simpleton when it comes to gardening, as I am in my personal being and prefer natural remedies to chemical.You can just look at my garden and see if anything suffers by my neglect or only occasionally...
    I don't know about science, but I am a simpleton when it comes to gardening, as I am in my personal being and prefer natural remedies to chemical.You can just look at my garden and see if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. latimer

Removing moss from hosta

Thanks @Plantminded I'll bear that in mind.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Shaneoak

Storm damage

Down here the camellias and magnolias are taking a hammering. It is such a shame. Everywhere is littered with fallen petals. With an amber warning for more strong winds tomorrow.
    Down here the camellias and magnolias are taking a hammering. It is such a shame. Everywhere is littered with fallen petals. With an amber warning for more strong winds tomorrow.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. latimer

Broken apart dahlia tubers

Lol, I would but it's Ramadan and I'm fasting!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. hi2u_uk

Chilean Guava 'KA-POW' Ugni molinae requirements

Thanks for this. Ive taken the plastic off and given it some water . If all the deliveries go to plan im expecting it will have to go outside next weekend as i dont really like indoor plants
    Thanks for this. Ive taken the plastic off and given it some water . If all the deliveries go to plan im expecting it will have to go outside next weekend as i dont really like indoor plants
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Golarne

Easy slug resistant plants please for shady clay

Going for easy, reliable plants is always better with the scenario you have. If they do well, and your daughter then enjoys it, she'll experiment and maybe do a bit more research etc as she goes...
    Going for easy, reliable plants is always better with the scenario you have. If they do well, and your daughter then enjoys it, she'll experiment and maybe do a bit more research etc as she goes along. My two aren't remotely interested, and I've never tried to make them because it would be like...
    Going for easy, reliable plants is always better with the scenario you have. If they do well, and your daughter then enjoys it, she'll experiment and maybe do a bit more research etc as she goes along. My two aren't remotely interested, and I've...
    Going for easy, reliable plants is always better with the scenario you have. If they do well, and your daughter then enjoys it, she'll experiment and maybe do a bit more research etc as she goes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Kevin Cowans

Tidying Heuchera 'Melting Fire'

Hi @Kevin Cowans - heucheras often push themselves up out of the ground, and the purples seem to do it most. You can simply dig them up and replant a bit deeper without any problem. It's a good...
    Hi @Kevin Cowans - heucheras often push themselves up out of the ground, and the purples seem to do it most. You can simply dig them up and replant a bit deeper without any problem. It's a good idea to divide them at that point too, if you want more plants and even small pieces can be taken off,...
    Hi @Kevin Cowans - heucheras often push themselves up out of the ground, and the purples seem to do it most. You can simply dig them up and replant a bit deeper without any problem. It's a good idea to divide them at that point too, if you want...
    Hi @Kevin Cowans - heucheras often push themselves up out of the ground, and the purples seem to do it most. You can simply dig them up and replant a bit deeper without any problem. It's a good...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kevin Cowans

Moving a Hosta

Should be fine where you have moved it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. simone_in_wiltshire

Whe do you plant Sweet peaSweet pea (South West of England)?

Not too late at all @AuntyRach . I often sow them at this time of year. I just sowed some a couple of days ago, and may do some more soon. It'll give you a later display, which many people find...
    Not too late at all @AuntyRach . I often sow them at this time of year. I just sowed some a couple of days ago, and may do some more soon. It'll give you a later display, which many people find useful. Remember that they don't necessarily need lots of sun either. I grow lots of mine in shadier...
    Not too late at all @AuntyRach . I often sow them at this time of year. I just sowed some a couple of days ago, and may do some more soon. It'll give you a later display, which many people find useful. Remember that they don't necessarily need...
    Not too late at all @AuntyRach . I often sow them at this time of year. I just sowed some a couple of days ago, and may do some more soon. It'll give you a later display, which many people find...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Februarysgirl

V.V. Quick Question About Geraniums

Because you said you thought the geraniums might not like it, I wondered whether you were adding it in bulk like rotted farmyard manure (which might possibly rot the crowns if they were buried in...
    Because you said you thought the geraniums might not like it, I wondered whether you were adding it in bulk like rotted farmyard manure (which might possibly rot the crowns if they were buried in it). No problem at all with a sprinkling of pellets, in fact they might flower better for it.
    Because you said you thought the geraniums might not like it, I wondered whether you were adding it in bulk like rotted farmyard manure (which might possibly rot the crowns if they were buried in it). No problem at all with a sprinkling of...
    Because you said you thought the geraniums might not like it, I wondered whether you were adding it in bulk like rotted farmyard manure (which might possibly rot the crowns if they were buried in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. My Clay Jungle

Sedum Green roof maintenance- Vermiculite/perlite or other?

My green roof (2yrs old) is patchy and needs maintenance. I've read the instructions from the installation company, but they are vague. I'm going to add slow release fertiliser, with sedum off...
    My green roof (2yrs old) is patchy and needs maintenance. I've read the instructions from the installation company, but they are vague. I'm going to add slow release fertiliser, with sedum off cuts plus a 'substrate'- but should this substrate contain vermiculite, perlite or something else? ...
    My green roof (2yrs old) is patchy and needs maintenance. I've read the instructions from the installation company, but they are vague. I'm going to add slow release fertiliser, with sedum off cuts plus a 'substrate'- but should this substrate...
    My green roof (2yrs old) is patchy and needs maintenance. I've read the instructions from the installation company, but they are vague. I'm going to add slow release fertiliser, with sedum off...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. On the Levels

Garden orchids

@CarolineL Will do. Have taken up the orchid book with our library and hopefully for the grand sum of £1.20 we will be able to find out more about garden orchids. Many thanks for the info.
    @CarolineL Will do. Have taken up the orchid book with our library and hopefully for the grand sum of £1.20 we will be able to find out more about garden orchids. Many thanks for the info.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Dropmore

Clematis Pinching

Thank you Mrs Hillard . I might pinch mine out tomorrow then .
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Esoxlucius

Sanguineum

I've never heard of that but yes, that looks to be just what i'm looking for. Just need to find one now! Thank you.
    I've never heard of that but yes, that looks to be just what i'm looking for. Just need to find one now! Thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Poppypuss

Hardy Geranium ideas

Last summer I gave away a ton of Hardy Geraniums, free. Like minded gardeners came over and got lots for their needed areas.
    Last summer I gave away a ton of Hardy Geraniums, free. Like minded gardeners came over and got lots for their needed areas.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Kevin Cowans

Primula Seedlings: What Next

The trays would be fine outside, but they give a little more protection than just leaving them where they are.
    The trays would be fine outside, but they give a little more protection than just leaving them where they are.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice