Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. wiseowl

Show Us Your HousePlants In Bloom Now 2023

Ah, lovely to see it's flourishing, I'm pleased
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc. 2019 - 2023

The same faces :)
    DSC_0023.JPG P1180010.JPG P1180013.JPG P1180015.JPG P1180043.JPG P2060024.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. phalnoob

zz plant

I think you have put your finger on it PeteI have had one for a short while. But I think I am slowly (or quickly) killing it. Its in my conservatory where the humidity is very high, and it tends...
    I think you have put your finger on it PeteI have had one for a short while. But I think I am slowly (or quickly) killing it. Its in my conservatory where the humidity is very high, and it tends to get heavily watered, and misted three times a day, as its surrounded by bananas, cannas and...
    I think you have put your finger on it PeteI have had one for a short while. But I think I am slowly (or quickly) killing it. Its in my conservatory where the humidity is very high, and it tends to get heavily watered, and misted three times a...
    I think you have put your finger on it PeteI have had one for a short while. But I think I am slowly (or quickly) killing it. Its in my conservatory where the humidity is very high, and it tends...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. CanadianLori

Zulu Warrior doesn't give seeds?

A lot bigger than mine and no slug damage , looks great.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. sal73
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. goldy66

Yukka thing?

If you like Phormiums there are many coloured varieties, red, Yellow, purple etc, some are a lot smaller than yours and may suit the area better.
    If you like Phormiums there are many coloured varieties, red, Yellow, purple etc, some are a lot smaller than yours and may suit the area better.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. A Ban

Yucca plant in trouble

Thanks Pete, really appreciate your prompt advice!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Djmturner

Yucca plant help.

It looks like one stem has not rooted and has been slowly rotting instead.Put the others, with roots, back in some fresh compost and discard the rotten one.
    It looks like one stem has not rooted and has been slowly rotting instead.Put the others, with roots, back in some fresh compost and discard the rotten one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. nikirushka

Yucca needs

The one usually sold as a house plant is Y. elephantipies, its spine less, forms a trunk and in warm countries can get quite tall. The ones grown in gardens in the UK are mostly from the USA,...
    The one usually sold as a house plant is Y. elephantipies, its spine less, forms a trunk and in warm countries can get quite tall. The ones grown in gardens in the UK are mostly from the USA, tend to be shorter, some such as Y. filamentosa or flaccida, dont actually form an above ground stem. ...
    The one usually sold as a house plant is Y. elephantipies, its spine less, forms a trunk and in warm countries can get quite tall. The ones grown in gardens in the UK are mostly from the USA, tend to be shorter, some such as Y. filamentosa or...
    The one usually sold as a house plant is Y. elephantipies, its spine less, forms a trunk and in warm countries can get quite tall. The ones grown in gardens in the UK are mostly from the USA,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. wiseowl
    Like x 6

Woos Christmas Cactus

Just found this pic from last year of my other one
    P1220838.JPG P1220839.JPG CCactus.jpg CCC.jpg IMG_0653.JPG IMG_0654.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. "M"
    Like x 7

Woodland flowers

Some of the pretty flowers seen on my travels through the woods this morning.A close upAnd some primroses looking very mellow yellow today (alongside wood anemones?)There were other...
    Some of the pretty flowers seen on my travels through the woods this morning.A close upAnd some primroses looking very mellow yellow today (alongside wood anemones?)There were other pretty things I took photo's of, but this camera is a nutter and not always gives the desired results....
    Some of the pretty flowers seen on my travels through the woods this morning.A close upAnd some primroses looking very mellow yellow today (alongside wood anemones?)There were other pretty things I took photo's of, but this camera is...
    Some of the pretty flowers seen on my travels through the woods this morning.A close upAnd some primroses looking very mellow yellow today (alongside wood anemones?)There were other...
    DSCF7209 (576x1024).jpg DSCF7252 (1024x576).jpg DSCF7233 (1024x576).jpg DSCF7245.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. wayfarer

Wisteria transplant.

I dont see why not, but personally I wouldn't do it now. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Nikolaos

Wintersweet not flowering

@CarolineL Thanks Caroline, this is why I'd like to keep it and hope it flowers at some point - people keep saying how amazing the fragrance is! Well, the plants around it seem fine but apart from...
    @CarolineL Thanks Caroline, this is why I'd like to keep it and hope it flowers at some point - people keep saying how amazing the fragrance is! Well, the plants around it seem fine but apart from being underplanted with a geranium (which would probably remain unaffected anyway) they are a...
    @CarolineL Thanks Caroline, this is why I'd like to keep it and hope it flowers at some point - people keep saying how amazing the fragrance is! Well, the plants around it seem fine but apart from being underplanted with a geranium (which would...
    @CarolineL Thanks Caroline, this is why I'd like to keep it and hope it flowers at some point - people keep saying how amazing the fragrance is! Well, the plants around it seem fine but apart from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. raebhoop

Wintering Gunnera

Lucky you...I'd have chickens too but the cost of securing the garden would be too much.
    Lucky you...I'd have chickens too but the cost of securing the garden would be too much.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. cyberdyne

Winter suggestions

Thank you to all for the great suggestions. I'm not sure what I'm going to go for but I'm now armed with a good list and am about to head off to the garden centre. I'll let you know what I...
    Thank you to all for the great suggestions. I'm not sure what I'm going to go for but I'm now armed with a good list and am about to head off to the garden centre. I'll let you know what I found/purchased. Many thanks again.
    Thank you to all for the great suggestions. I'm not sure what I'm going to go for but I'm now armed with a good list and am about to head off to the garden centre. I'll let you know what I found/purchased. Many thanks again.
    Thank you to all for the great suggestions. I'm not sure what I'm going to go for but I'm now armed with a good list and am about to head off to the garden centre. I'll let you know what I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JustJim

Winter Plants?

How about pernettya, gaultheria or ruscus to give low plants with different berry colours that last quite well over winter
    How about pernettya, gaultheria or ruscus to give low plants with different berry colours that last quite well over winter
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jim Macdonald

Winter Garden - Cornus alba sibirica Westonbirt

I cut my Cornus plants down (to stool them) in the Spring and use them as "pea sticks" in the vegetable patch ... and most of them root!
    I cut my Cornus plants down (to stool them) in the Spring and use them as "pea sticks" in the vegetable patch ... and most of them root!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. TheMadHedger

Winter flowering houseplants - best to grow from seed ?

No problem there, I know that Cyclamen take at least nine months to flower. I just like the pleasure of growing something which I can enjoy.
    No problem there, I know that Cyclamen take at least nine months to flower. I just like the pleasure of growing something which I can enjoy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Jocko

Wilting Buddleia.

It was a cultivar, Buddleja Berries and Cream.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Shaneoak

Will these be okay in pots over winter

Yes they do live in the ground too but they usually have less of an effect. They tend to go for my shrubs and cut chunks out of the leaves. Next year I intend to treat the worst affected part of...
    Yes they do live in the ground too but they usually have less of an effect. They tend to go for my shrubs and cut chunks out of the leaves. Next year I intend to treat the worst affected part of my garden with a vine weevil killer.
    Yes they do live in the ground too but they usually have less of an effect. They tend to go for my shrubs and cut chunks out of the leaves. Next year I intend to treat the worst affected part of my garden with a vine weevil killer.
    Yes they do live in the ground too but they usually have less of an effect. They tend to go for my shrubs and cut chunks out of the leaves. Next year I intend to treat the worst affected part of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Kevin Cowans

Will Primula Grow in Shade?

HelloThanks for the Reply.I just need for the Rain to ease off to give the Soil a chance to Dry out.As I said previously, the Area is not easy to get to and I would prefer not to Walk on...
    HelloThanks for the Reply.I just need for the Rain to ease off to give the Soil a chance to Dry out.As I said previously, the Area is not easy to get to and I would prefer not to Walk on Wet Soil to get there.Also, I need the Soil to Dry somewhat so I can Clear the Area of Weeds before...
    HelloThanks for the Reply.I just need for the Rain to ease off to give the Soil a chance to Dry out.As I said previously, the Area is not easy to get to and I would prefer not to Walk on Wet Soil to get there.Also, I need the Soil to Dry...
    HelloThanks for the Reply.I just need for the Rain to ease off to give the Soil a chance to Dry out.As I said previously, the Area is not easy to get to and I would prefer not to Walk on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. PhilC

Will LED Grow lights burn a Tree Fern?

I don't think you can hurry up a tree fern, they grow at their own very slow pace. Sounds ideal in an humid bathroom till it gets bigger.
    I don't think you can hurry up a tree fern, they grow at their own very slow pace. Sounds ideal in an humid bathroom till it gets bigger.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice