1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. wiseowl

Show Us Your HousePlants In Bloom Now 2023

Begonia rex 'Black Mamba'
    DSC03571.JPG DSC03572.JPG 20230101_144644.jpg 20230101_144709.jpg 127_2549.JPG 127_2556.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc. 2019 - 2023

The same faces :)
    DSC_0023.JPG P1180010.JPG P1180013.JPG P1180015.JPG P1180043.JPG P2060024.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. longk

Show us your houseplants in bloom now

CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sweet-pea66

Growing Tree lily bulbs

Thank you Madahhlia amd Silu for your comments, i will leave them in the tubs for the time being and take your advice. My concern was that the lilies seem to be getting big very quickly and i...
    Thank you Madahhlia amd Silu for your comments, i will leave them in the tubs for the time being and take your advice. My concern was that the lilies seem to be getting big very quickly and i wasnt sure whether the tub was big enough to cope with the roots
    Thank you Madahhlia amd Silu for your comments, i will leave them in the tubs for the time being and take your advice. My concern was that the lilies seem to be getting big very quickly and i wasnt sure whether the tub was big enough to cope with...
    Thank you Madahhlia amd Silu for your comments, i will leave them in the tubs for the time being and take your advice. My concern was that the lilies seem to be getting big very quickly and i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. exlabman

salvia winter care

My S confertiflora stayed outside all winter in the ground. Still has foliage although, like the S guaranitica, this is rather yellow. The S involuctra lost it's foliage and is just shooting. I...
    My S confertiflora stayed outside all winter in the ground. Still has foliage although, like the S guaranitica, this is rather yellow. The S involuctra lost it's foliage and is just shooting. I did take cuttings of these and Amistad. S guaranitica has had flowers on it except for February and is...
    My S confertiflora stayed outside all winter in the ground. Still has foliage although, like the S guaranitica, this is rather yellow. The S involuctra lost it's foliage and is just shooting. I did take cuttings of these and Amistad. S...
    My S confertiflora stayed outside all winter in the ground. Still has foliage although, like the S guaranitica, this is rather yellow. The S involuctra lost it's foliage and is just shooting. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Tracy Buckingham

Laurels are not growing very well

Quite a number of hedge plants fit into that category - probably anything that will be "quick" providing a hedge - it carries on "being quick" so then needs a lot of maintenance to stop if getting...
    Quite a number of hedge plants fit into that category - probably anything that will be "quick" providing a hedge - it carries on "being quick" so then needs a lot of maintenance to stop if getting out of hand. Leylandii takes the biscuit in that category :)Laurel is, additionally, a wide hedge...
    Quite a number of hedge plants fit into that category - probably anything that will be "quick" providing a hedge - it carries on "being quick" so then needs a lot of maintenance to stop if getting out of hand. Leylandii takes the biscuit in that...
    Quite a number of hedge plants fit into that category - probably anything that will be "quick" providing a hedge - it carries on "being quick" so then needs a lot of maintenance to stop if getting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Markymark

Sambucus Nigeria black beauty pruning

Well i have given it a cut back and am just gonna leave it now for the rest of the year. Hopefully I will see significantly more flowers next year...watch this space! Thanks for all the advice...
    Well i have given it a cut back and am just gonna leave it now for the rest of the year. Hopefully I will see significantly more flowers next year...watch this space! Thanks for all the advice...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. longk

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc.

Due to abTech’ problem we have started a new threadHERE
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. sal73

Schlumbergera

It'll be a while before they're ready! When I say slowly, I mean slowly!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Fat Controller

Cheese plant question

Thanks Daisees - I'll chop them off over the weekend.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. hans

Moss

The bar attachment works very well it is so much stronger than the electric scarifier. The mower collects the grass in a collector at the back it does grass very well. When the bar attachment is...
    The bar attachment works very well it is so much stronger than the electric scarifier. The mower collects the grass in a collector at the back it does grass very well. When the bar attachment is on it collects nothing just leaves it on the lawn due to being set much higher and slightly narrower...
    The bar attachment works very well it is so much stronger than the electric scarifier. The mower collects the grass in a collector at the back it does grass very well. When the bar attachment is on it collects nothing just leaves it on the lawn...
    The bar attachment works very well it is so much stronger than the electric scarifier. The mower collects the grass in a collector at the back it does grass very well. When the bar attachment is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ennnceee

Thunbergia (BES) more than one year?

I agree with you Harry they are touch tender - best treated as an annual as the new plants are always better than the saved thunbergia plants. However if grown in a pot they do need to be...
    I agree with you Harry they are touch tender - best treated as an annual as the new plants are always better than the saved thunbergia plants. However if grown in a pot they do need to be overwintered indoors. A friend grew them up a trellis and did cut them back, covered them overwinter and...
    I agree with you Harry they are touch tender - best treated as an annual as the new plants are always better than the saved thunbergia plants. However if grown in a pot they do need to be overwintered indoors. A friend grew them up a trellis and...
    I agree with you Harry they are touch tender - best treated as an annual as the new plants are always better than the saved thunbergia plants. However if grown in a pot they do need to be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. silu

Hardiest Evergreen Ceanothus suggestions please.

Dunno if it would be tall enough, but I have a Ceanothus Victoria. Its in a fairly open spot (not against hedge or wall) and has been unphased by the last few Winters where we have had nights of...
    Dunno if it would be tall enough, but I have a Ceanothus Victoria. Its in a fairly open spot (not against hedge or wall) and has been unphased by the last few Winters where we have had nights of -10C - -16C :( Just looked on BBC site and it says 120CM tall. Mine's been in since March 2008 and...
    Dunno if it would be tall enough, but I have a Ceanothus Victoria. Its in a fairly open spot (not against hedge or wall) and has been unphased by the last few Winters where we have had nights of -10C - -16C :( Just looked on BBC site and it...
    Dunno if it would be tall enough, but I have a Ceanothus Victoria. Its in a fairly open spot (not against hedge or wall) and has been unphased by the last few Winters where we have had nights of...
    IMG_2621_CeanothusVictoria.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Bilbo675

Erythrina Crista-galli

More of the same, I hope.;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. rich255

Laurel problems HELP

I'll be getting a reputation as 'chemical happy':sad: but for non-edibles, systemics can be a quick and effective solution. Where possible, I'd use them as a soil drench.
    I'll be getting a reputation as 'chemical happy':sad: but for non-edibles, systemics can be a quick and effective solution. Where possible, I'd use them as a soil drench.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. longk
    Like x 11

Show Us Your Houseplants In Bloom 2018

Christmas Cactus
    Christmas Cactus
    Christmas Cactus
    Christmas Cactus
    img 5.jpg P1000990.JPG img.jpg DSC00072.JPG DSC00073.JPG DSC00074.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Mamashoe

Can Phormium Jester be cut completely back?

Thanks noisette47. That may be part of the problem. My Phormium is in a very dry area and I tend not to water that area very often as it is in the "well established area" I will, however, do so...
    Thanks noisette47. That may be part of the problem. My Phormium is in a very dry area and I tend not to water that area very often as it is in the "well established area" I will, however, do so from now on. Fortunately, where I'm going to plant the other piece is more moist. Thanks for the tips.
    Thanks noisette47. That may be part of the problem. My Phormium is in a very dry area and I tend not to water that area very often as it is in the "well established area" I will, however, do so from now on. Fortunately, where I'm going to plant...
    Thanks noisette47. That may be part of the problem. My Phormium is in a very dry area and I tend not to water that area very often as it is in the "well established area" I will, however, do so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. sal73

Lotus Berthelotii

I've never seen seed offered and I've looked.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. JWK

Show us your Houseplants in Bloom now - 2022

Oh, my Tradescantia 'Blushing Bride' is now 'pinking up' again having moved it out of the sun.
    Oh, my Tradescantia 'Blushing Bride' is now 'pinking up' again having moved it out of the sun.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. carlh2269

leylandii hedge

Leylandii is a real problem. As Kirsten said many Leylandii are being hit with disease now and then they look horrible. It is a "scary" plant for any neighbour to see. It's. Growth rate is...
    Leylandii is a real problem. As Kirsten said many Leylandii are being hit with disease now and then they look horrible. It is a "scary" plant for any neighbour to see. It's. Growth rate is phenomenal. Carlh2269 why dont you surprise your unpleasant neighbour by cutting your hedge just below...
    Leylandii is a real problem. As Kirsten said many Leylandii are being hit with disease now and then they look horrible. It is a "scary" plant for any neighbour to see. It's. Growth rate is phenomenal. Carlh2269 why dont you surprise your...
    Leylandii is a real problem. As Kirsten said many Leylandii are being hit with disease now and then they look horrible. It is a "scary" plant for any neighbour to see. It's. Growth rate is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Spruce

Kniphofia (red hot poker)

I was only guessing, but they had a very South African look about them.I think agapanthus are from there too ( could be wrong) and also kaffir lillies, although the latter don’t do well in my dry...
    I was only guessing, but they had a very South African look about them.I think agapanthus are from there too ( could be wrong) and also kaffir lillies, although the latter don’t do well in my dry sandy garden either.
    I was only guessing, but they had a very South African look about them.I think agapanthus are from there too ( could be wrong) and also kaffir lillies, although the latter don’t do well in my dry sandy garden either.
    I was only guessing, but they had a very South African look about them.I think agapanthus are from there too ( could be wrong) and also kaffir lillies, although the latter don’t do well in my dry...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Sproule

Castlewellan Gold Browning

I've no idea what that is!! :hate-shocked:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice