1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. longk
    Like x 7

Show us your houseplants in bloom now 2017

Forget me @redstar I do have my moments :roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Rory Goldsbrough

Need some beginner help with Laurel hedge

Welcome to GC.I can't see much evidence of powdery mildew so you are obviously coping with it OK. As laurel is so tough I tend to just leave it to itself (I have a rather large amount of it)...
    Welcome to GC.I can't see much evidence of powdery mildew so you are obviously coping with it OK. As laurel is so tough I tend to just leave it to itself (I have a rather large amount of it) and just cut it when necessary. I wouldn't be inclined to thin it out as it will only fill back in...
    Welcome to GC.I can't see much evidence of powdery mildew so you are obviously coping with it OK. As laurel is so tough I tend to just leave it to itself (I have a rather large amount of it) and just cut it when necessary. I wouldn't be...
    Welcome to GC.I can't see much evidence of powdery mildew so you are obviously coping with it OK. As laurel is so tough I tend to just leave it to itself (I have a rather large amount of it)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Selleri

Hyacinths behaving badly :(

Thanks @Clare G , great link and info! I actually had a lightbulb moment ;) reading the blog, usually I grow blue hyachinths but this year after some determined skandi redecoration I went for white...
    Thanks @Clare G , great link and info! I actually had a lightbulb moment ;) reading the blog, usually I grow blue hyachinths but this year after some determined skandi redecoration I went for white ones. It could just be a different variety which explains the slowness this year rather than...
    Thanks @Clare G , great link and info! I actually had a lightbulb moment ;) reading the blog, usually I grow blue hyachinths but this year after some determined skandi redecoration I went for white ones. It could just be a different variety which...
    Thanks @Clare G , great link and info! I actually had a lightbulb moment ;) reading the blog, usually I grow blue hyachinths but this year after some determined skandi redecoration I went for white...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. David E Peacock

Dahlia Tubers

Good tip sandy :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Ned
    Like x 3

Incentive for fans of ornamental grasses....

looks neat, have to get back to it when not at work.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. clueless1

Bromeliad house plant care

I'll try to get a pic or two on later. But I think I've been naughty with regard to watering, in that I forget for days on end, then give them a good soak when I remember. Their friend is a...
    I'll try to get a pic or two on later. But I think I've been naughty with regard to watering, in that I forget for days on end, then give them a good soak when I remember. Their friend is a massive spider plant, which thrives with the long dry spell followed by a drenching, and with spidey being...
    I'll try to get a pic or two on later. But I think I've been naughty with regard to watering, in that I forget for days on end, then give them a good soak when I remember. Their friend is a massive spider plant, which thrives with the long dry...
    I'll try to get a pic or two on later. But I think I've been naughty with regard to watering, in that I forget for days on end, then give them a good soak when I remember. Their friend is a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jimcub

Pampas grass

Members this is only one of three I purchased here's the other two...got not choice as what I was buying kept out growing the large pots with in a year and on the front garden two plants died...
    Members this is only one of three I purchased here's the other two...got not choice as what I was buying kept out growing the large pots with in a year and on the front garden two plants died where I put this one and people think they're real pepper plants?
    Members this is only one of three I purchased here's the other two...got not choice as what I was buying kept out growing the large pots with in a year and on the front garden two plants died where I put this one and people think they're real...
    Members this is only one of three I purchased here's the other two...got not choice as what I was buying kept out growing the large pots with in a year and on the front garden two plants died...
    IMG_0852.JPG pp.PNG dd.jpg ddddddd.PNG Captureeddggdgd.PNG DSC00015.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. nikirushka

Hard pruning a dracaena?

Plants, even house plants notice day length and although tropical plants are used to shorter days than we get during summer they are also used to much longer days than we get mid winter. Normal...
    Plants, even house plants notice day length and although tropical plants are used to shorter days than we get during summer they are also used to much longer days than we get mid winter. Normal household lighting is unlikely to make up for the short day length.
    Plants, even house plants notice day length and although tropical plants are used to shorter days than we get during summer they are also used to much longer days than we get mid winter. Normal household lighting is unlikely to make up for the...
    Plants, even house plants notice day length and although tropical plants are used to shorter days than we get during summer they are also used to much longer days than we get mid winter. Normal...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Shaneoak

Cutting Oriental poppies, delphiniums, and geraniums back in winter?

two days ago, first frost. all the leaves on many plants and trees. all wilted from it. Guess what? The hardy geraniums all happy and up right, just a pure freshness in my garden, not fazed...
    two days ago, first frost. all the leaves on many plants and trees. all wilted from it. Guess what? The hardy geraniums all happy and up right, just a pure freshness in my garden, not fazed a bit.
    two days ago, first frost. all the leaves on many plants and trees. all wilted from it. Guess what? The hardy geraniums all happy and up right, just a pure freshness in my garden, not fazed a bit.
    two days ago, first frost. all the leaves on many plants and trees. all wilted from it. Guess what? The hardy geraniums all happy and up right, just a pure freshness in my garden, not fazed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. HanifaH

Selling an Acer plant?

:sign0016: to GC @HanifaH and congratulations on your new house and the added wonderful event of a precious new baby on the way :wub2: Very exciting times ahead of you in the near future for sure!There is no...
    :sign0016: to GC @HanifaH and congratulations on your new house and the added wonderful event of a precious new baby on the way :wub2: Very exciting times ahead of you in the near future for sure!There is no such thing as a "silly" question.okok.So, we have two issues?The first being the Acer: ...
    :sign0016: to GC @HanifaH and congratulations on your new house and the added wonderful event of a precious new baby on the way :wub2: Very exciting times ahead of you in the near future for sure!There is no such thing as a "silly" question.okok.So,...
    :sign0016: to GC @HanifaH and congratulations on your new house and the added wonderful event of a precious new baby on the way :wub2: Very exciting times ahead of you in the near future for sure!There is no...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. silu

Anybody know about Orchids?

I am a member of the Northeastern New York Orchid Society. On our site we have a great resource for growing any type orchid.Orchid Care & Culture
    I am a member of the Northeastern New York Orchid Society. On our site we have a great resource for growing any type orchid.Orchid Care & Culture
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. nikirushka

Hard pruning a tamarix

Nikirushka You can prune hard in spring. It will respond well. Thereafter, prune every year after flowering to keep it floriferous and compact. Low growers for dappled shade? I suggest brunneras...
    Nikirushka You can prune hard in spring. It will respond well. Thereafter, prune every year after flowering to keep it floriferous and compact. Low growers for dappled shade? I suggest brunneras ...there are some beauties; hadspen cream has delightful forgrt me not flowers in spring. ...
    Nikirushka You can prune hard in spring. It will respond well. Thereafter, prune every year after flowering to keep it floriferous and compact. Low growers for dappled shade? I suggest brunneras ...there are some beauties; hadspen cream has...
    Nikirushka You can prune hard in spring. It will respond well. Thereafter, prune every year after flowering to keep it floriferous and compact. Low growers for dappled shade? I suggest brunneras...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Paul Blackburn

What to do with Sunflowers

I put some over the compost heap a few days ago,I still have some in flower, i will leave these to help protect the bamboo and feed the birds through the winter.
    I put some over the compost heap a few days ago,I still have some in flower, i will leave these to help protect the bamboo and feed the birds through the winter.
    P1000749.JPG IMG_0370.JPG IMG_0373.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. clanless

Cut flower ideas please

Thanks everyone. Beehappy - those flower arrangements look fabulous :spinning:.ricky101 - good idea :blue thumb:- never thought about dried flowers - that way we can enjoy them during the dark Winter months as...
    Thanks everyone. Beehappy - those flower arrangements look fabulous :spinning:.ricky101 - good idea :blue thumb:- never thought about dried flowers - that way we can enjoy them during the dark Winter months as well.Clare G - out of the blue, I received a catalogue in the post from Sarah Raven - using the word...
    Thanks everyone. Beehappy - those flower arrangements look fabulous :spinning:.ricky101 - good idea :blue thumb:- never thought about dried flowers - that way we can enjoy them during the dark Winter months as well.Clare G - out of the blue, I received a catalogue...
    Thanks everyone. Beehappy - those flower arrangements look fabulous :spinning:.ricky101 - good idea :blue thumb:- never thought about dried flowers - that way we can enjoy them during the dark Winter months as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. NigelJ

Cornus colour problem

Superb colour if cut back hard though Nigel in spring. Winter stems....red, yellow, orange, whatever variety....are lovely :)
    Superb colour if cut back hard though Nigel in spring. Winter stems....red, yellow, orange, whatever variety....are lovely :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. karaman

How should i protect verbascum in winter?

thanks PaulB3, on reflection i think you are dead right! will make my life easier anyway having to worry about one less plant..... cheers, karaman
    thanks PaulB3, on reflection i think you are dead right! will make my life easier anyway having to worry about one less plant..... cheers, karaman
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Linz

Orchid baby

The orchids I bought were reduced.. I try not to buy full price if I can help it :redface:Ah feel your pain, when I'm hovering over the cut flowers I notice people tend to go for the ones in full bloom...
    The orchids I bought were reduced.. I try not to buy full price if I can help it :redface:Ah feel your pain, when I'm hovering over the cut flowers I notice people tend to go for the ones in full bloom and I'm like, noooo go for the ones in bud!!
    The orchids I bought were reduced.. I try not to buy full price if I can help it :redface:Ah feel your pain, when I'm hovering over the cut flowers I notice people tend to go for the ones in full bloom and I'm like, noooo go for the ones in bud!!
    The orchids I bought were reduced.. I try not to buy full price if I can help it :redface:Ah feel your pain, when I'm hovering over the cut flowers I notice people tend to go for the ones in full bloom...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Shaneoak

Tiny Delphinium's

Hi VerdunI do't know how you upload pics onto here, however, the flowers came out in the end and were a lovely sky blue and dark purple, although, on 2 foot spikes. I'm not sure if i have been...
    Hi VerdunI do't know how you upload pics onto here, however, the flowers came out in the end and were a lovely sky blue and dark purple, although, on 2 foot spikes. I'm not sure if i have been sold dwarf Delp's . Infact they might even be Larkspur. Not sure.
    Hi VerdunI do't know how you upload pics onto here, however, the flowers came out in the end and were a lovely sky blue and dark purple, although, on 2 foot spikes. I'm not sure if i have been sold dwarf Delp's . Infact they might even be...
    Hi VerdunI do't know how you upload pics onto here, however, the flowers came out in the end and were a lovely sky blue and dark purple, although, on 2 foot spikes. I'm not sure if i have been...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Upsydaisy

Orchid help please!

Update!!!!! hubs has phoned to say that he let the orchid soak, as kindly instructed to by @ricky101,and amazingly the leaves are better!!!! Thanks so much for all the advice offered...have never...
    Update!!!!! hubs has phoned to say that he let the orchid soak, as kindly instructed to by @ricky101,and amazingly the leaves are better!!!! Thanks so much for all the advice offered...have never left it to stand in water before.....is this done as a drastic measure or is this the correct/best...
    Update!!!!! hubs has phoned to say that he let the orchid soak, as kindly instructed to by @ricky101,and amazingly the leaves are better!!!! Thanks so much for all the advice offered...have never left it to stand in water before.....is this done...
    Update!!!!! hubs has phoned to say that he let the orchid soak, as kindly instructed to by @ricky101,and amazingly the leaves are better!!!! Thanks so much for all the advice offered...have never...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Snowbaby

Fuschia cuttings

I just used a standard multi purpose one
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice