1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Snowbaby

Fuschia cuttings

I just used a standard multi purpose one
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Paul Blackburn

Ideas wanted to grow Borage

I grow the perennial pygmy borage (borago pygmea or laxifolia) bought from Cally Gardens. It is quite blue (though photo is lousy - cat was nudging my hand), and seeds quite enthusiastically...
    I grow the perennial pygmy borage (borago pygmea or laxifolia) bought from Cally Gardens. It is quite blue (though photo is lousy - cat was nudging my hand), and seeds quite enthusiastically though can be easily removed. This was growing between paving slabs... A useful little filler in the...
    I grow the perennial pygmy borage (borago pygmea or laxifolia) bought from Cally Gardens. It is quite blue (though photo is lousy - cat was nudging my hand), and seeds quite enthusiastically though can be easily removed. This was growing between...
    I grow the perennial pygmy borage (borago pygmea or laxifolia) bought from Cally Gardens. It is quite blue (though photo is lousy - cat was nudging my hand), and seeds quite enthusiastically...
    BoragoPygmea1.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Snowbaby

Rooting carnations

Easy peasy Snowbaby No you dont need rooting powder Take "pipings"....cuttings from shoots without any buds, about 3" or so long. Mpc is fine but if you add 50% perlite so much the better. ...
    Easy peasy Snowbaby No you dont need rooting powder Take "pipings"....cuttings from shoots without any buds, about 3" or so long. Mpc is fine but if you add 50% perlite so much the better. Water. Cover with polythene bag. Leave in a warm spot out of direct sun. Come September you will have...
    Easy peasy Snowbaby No you dont need rooting powder Take "pipings"....cuttings from shoots without any buds, about 3" or so long. Mpc is fine but if you add 50% perlite so much the better. Water. Cover with polythene bag. Leave in a warm spot...
    Easy peasy Snowbaby No you dont need rooting powder Take "pipings"....cuttings from shoots without any buds, about 3" or so long. Mpc is fine but if you add 50% perlite so much the better. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Sargan

Can you help identify this shrub ?

The tallest plant is the willow, best to remove it completely if you can, otherwise it will just regrow.
    The tallest plant is the willow, best to remove it completely if you can, otherwise it will just regrow.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. lowrider69

Name of these plant please

that's the ones thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. David E Peacock

Treatment of Tulip bulblets . . .

@PeterS Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated. I do intend to leave my red tulips to remain in their next planting location, so I will plant the large of the plantlets with them...
    @PeterS Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated. I do intend to leave my red tulips to remain in their next planting location, so I will plant the large of the plantlets with them and grow on the remainder in a nursery patch. I shall also consider following your lead in...
    @PeterS Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated. I do intend to leave my red tulips to remain in their next planting location, so I will plant the large of the plantlets with them and grow on the remainder in a nursery patch. I...
    @PeterS Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated. I do intend to leave my red tulips to remain in their next planting location, so I will plant the large of the plantlets with them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. JDQuinn

I don't know what this is but it's not doing well!

Thanks all for replies, other than a very light tidy up I've never really pruned them so maybe cutting back quite hard will encourage new growth and thickening.
    Thanks all for replies, other than a very light tidy up I've never really pruned them so maybe cutting back quite hard will encourage new growth and thickening.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Michael Hewett
    Like x 4

Amarylis

That's a bargain!
    That's a bargain!
    That's a bargain!
    That's a bargain!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. TheMadHedger

Phalaenopsis orchid with new shoots - some questions

Yes, the shoots are on an old flower stem.I stopped watering it for two months as I simply forgot about it (once the flowers had gone over I moved it you see).Many thanks for the advice.
    Yes, the shoots are on an old flower stem.I stopped watering it for two months as I simply forgot about it (once the flowers had gone over I moved it you see).Many thanks for the advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. CROF

Question about bonsai Desert Rose?

It's Adenium obesum. Not really a bonsai plant,it is basically a succulent from warmer parts.I'd definitely not try using normal Bonsai methods when it comes to growing it. Just let it get on...
    It's Adenium obesum. Not really a bonsai plant,it is basically a succulent from warmer parts.I'd definitely not try using normal Bonsai methods when it comes to growing it. Just let it get on with it and keep it warm. It will not get bigger than a couple of feet tall after many years.It...
    It's Adenium obesum. Not really a bonsai plant,it is basically a succulent from warmer parts.I'd definitely not try using normal Bonsai methods when it comes to growing it. Just let it get on with it and keep it warm. It will not get bigger...
    It's Adenium obesum. Not really a bonsai plant,it is basically a succulent from warmer parts.I'd definitely not try using normal Bonsai methods when it comes to growing it. Just let it get on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. bluegeranium

Pelargonium cuttings not flowering

Thanks patience isn't one of my virtues I must admit so I'll keep waiting!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. David E Peacock
    Like x 4

Spring bulbs . . .

@Mowerman - Thank you for your kind words and advice. Much appreciated!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. martyn bromley

Advice please

Thanks Pete -maybe need to get my little greenhouse heater out and plugged in !
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Linz

Skip diving - found bamboo

Stick them in the soggy bit - they'll take there :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Snorky85

Laurel with possible disease....get rid??

not sure what to do with this as it doesn't look great and is in the wrong place for me. Shall i be brave and get rid or should I replant elsewhere? Any thoughts? Worried if it's a fungus that it...
    not sure what to do with this as it doesn't look great and is in the wrong place for me. Shall i be brave and get rid or should I replant elsewhere? Any thoughts? Worried if it's a fungus that it could spread.
    not sure what to do with this as it doesn't look great and is in the wrong place for me. Shall i be brave and get rid or should I replant elsewhere? Any thoughts? Worried if it's a fungus that it could spread.
    not sure what to do with this as it doesn't look great and is in the wrong place for me. Shall i be brave and get rid or should I replant elsewhere? Any thoughts? Worried if it's a fungus that it...
    IMG_7533.JPG IMG_7531.JPG IMG_7538.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. prettypolly

Orchid Help Please

I'd just use water. Never really liked any kinds of leaf shine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. David E Peacock

New Zealand Flax

You walked into that, pete!!:heehee::loll::lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Markymark

Cornus alba

can't upload this neat picture of clear ice hanging from the red branches of this shrub. oh, well.
    can't upload this neat picture of clear ice hanging from the red branches of this shrub. oh, well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Markymark

What's this?

So if I prune the photonics, can I take most of the growth off? I sort of like the face that it is turning into a small tree... (it's a shrub, right?) . In the summer, I have perennials that grow...
    So if I prune the photonics, can I take most of the growth off? I sort of like the face that it is turning into a small tree... (it's a shrub, right?) . In the summer, I have perennials that grow right up to where the foliage starts. Thanks for the advice. I'll cut it as we enter March. :-))
    So if I prune the photonics, can I take most of the growth off? I sort of like the face that it is turning into a small tree... (it's a shrub, right?) . In the summer, I have perennials that grow right up to where the foliage starts. Thanks for...
    So if I prune the photonics, can I take most of the growth off? I sort of like the face that it is turning into a small tree... (it's a shrub, right?) . In the summer, I have perennials that grow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Paul Blackburn

When to move bulbs outside

Keeping Squirrels from Digging in PlantsFound this on Google
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice