1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Snorky85

Cimicifuga racemosa......in a pot

Wow @silu that is fantastic!! Just the kind of advice I needed. Going to get my book out later and look up your suggestions. I'm happy to have several pots that I can change with the seasons for...
    Wow @silu that is fantastic!! Just the kind of advice I needed. Going to get my book out later and look up your suggestions. I'm happy to have several pots that I can change with the seasons for all year round interest.Excited about putting this all together. :snorky:
    Wow @silu that is fantastic!! Just the kind of advice I needed. Going to get my book out later and look up your suggestions. I'm happy to have several pots that I can change with the seasons for all year round interest.Excited about putting...
    Wow @silu that is fantastic!! Just the kind of advice I needed. Going to get my book out later and look up your suggestions. I'm happy to have several pots that I can change with the seasons for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Artylarry

Bonchi attempt

Much of bonsai growing is mainly just basic horticulture in that you are trying to raise a strong and healthy plant. The artistic shaping accounts for only a small part of it.After hard pruning...
    Much of bonsai growing is mainly just basic horticulture in that you are trying to raise a strong and healthy plant. The artistic shaping accounts for only a small part of it.After hard pruning the chilli plant, I would let it grow wild in a cheap training container (can be any container with...
    Much of bonsai growing is mainly just basic horticulture in that you are trying to raise a strong and healthy plant. The artistic shaping accounts for only a small part of it.After hard pruning the chilli plant, I would let it grow wild in a...
    Much of bonsai growing is mainly just basic horticulture in that you are trying to raise a strong and healthy plant. The artistic shaping accounts for only a small part of it.After hard pruning...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Shaneoak

Not sure if Colombine's will flower this year or next?

Just to throw a little spanner in the works regarding aquilegias:I bought a very pretty aquilegia from Shineyland in 2014 (may have been 2013 though :scratch: ). I also moved house later that year. In...
    Just to throw a little spanner in the works regarding aquilegias:I bought a very pretty aquilegia from Shineyland in 2014 (may have been 2013 though :scratch: ). I also moved house later that year. In 2015, it flowered again beautifully and I collected some seeds (sent some to a fellow GC member if I...
    Just to throw a little spanner in the works regarding aquilegias:I bought a very pretty aquilegia from Shineyland in 2014 (may have been 2013 though :scratch: ). I also moved house later that year. In 2015, it flowered again beautifully and I...
    Just to throw a little spanner in the works regarding aquilegias:I bought a very pretty aquilegia from Shineyland in 2014 (may have been 2013 though :scratch: ). I also moved house later that year. In...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl
    Like x 6

Woos Christmas Cactus

Just found this pic from last year of my other one
    P1220838.JPG P1220839.JPG CCactus.jpg CCC.jpg IMG_0653.JPG IMG_0654.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Paul Blackburn

Question about fuchsia's

I know two of the bulbs are narcissus and crocus but remember the third one will have to call into the garden center where I got them and find out.
    I know two of the bulbs are narcissus and crocus but remember the third one will have to call into the garden center where I got them and find out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. strongylodon
    Like x 10

A perfect specimen!

Coward :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Scudo
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ricky101

Lavender Munstead plug plants

Hi,270 - wow , you must have a large garden and a large greenhouse to keep them in !If you had a batch that failed certainly worth a mail to T&M, though a photo of the poor ones does help...
    Hi,270 - wow , you must have a large garden and a large greenhouse to keep them in !If you had a batch that failed certainly worth a mail to T&M, though a photo of the poor ones does help your case. Seems the plug plants are mainly sold out , so perhaps they can only off a refund rather...
    Hi,270 - wow , you must have a large garden and a large greenhouse to keep them in !If you had a batch that failed certainly worth a mail to T&M, though a photo of the poor ones does help your case. Seems the plug plants are mainly sold out...
    Hi,270 - wow , you must have a large garden and a large greenhouse to keep them in !If you had a batch that failed certainly worth a mail to T&M, though a photo of the poor ones does help...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Snorky85

Azalea....should I give up on this one?

Ha ha, yes, I've ordered a kit online, but didnt want to have to drive all the way to the shops today-luckily had a red cabbage in the fridge :snorky:yes, whatever happens, i'll try potting them before...
    Ha ha, yes, I've ordered a kit online, but didnt want to have to drive all the way to the shops today-luckily had a red cabbage in the fridge :snorky:yes, whatever happens, i'll try potting them before getting rid...hate to chuck anything out!i think the name refers to knap hill or exbury...
    Ha ha, yes, I've ordered a kit online, but didnt want to have to drive all the way to the shops today-luckily had a red cabbage in the fridge :snorky:yes, whatever happens, i'll try potting them before getting rid...hate to chuck anything out!i...
    Ha ha, yes, I've ordered a kit online, but didnt want to have to drive all the way to the shops today-luckily had a red cabbage in the fridge :snorky:yes, whatever happens, i'll try potting them before...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Moss

straggly penstemons?

I would leave it until the spring now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. prettypolly

Orchid help please

Hi, I was given an orchid and I am successfully on my second lot of flowers now, I was told to water with rain water once a fortnight, which I have been doing and I'm very pleased with myself....
    Hi, I was given an orchid and I am successfully on my second lot of flowers now, I was told to water with rain water once a fortnight, which I have been doing and I'm very pleased with myself. They are on the kitchen windowsill in the bright light with a lot of sun as well. I have 3 shoots...
    Hi, I was given an orchid and I am successfully on my second lot of flowers now, I was told to water with rain water once a fortnight, which I have been doing and I'm very pleased with myself. They are on the kitchen windowsill in the bright...
    Hi, I was given an orchid and I am successfully on my second lot of flowers now, I was told to water with rain water once a fortnight, which I have been doing and I'm very pleased with myself....
    IMG_2033.JPG IMG_2034.JPG IMG_2035.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. IceColdRum

Fremontodendron advice?

If the plant is spindly then taking cuttings is a good way of pruning it fairly hard back.
    If the plant is spindly then taking cuttings is a good way of pruning it fairly hard back.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Snowbaby

Amaryllis question

Oh dear, I guess I'll just have to see what happens
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Shaneoak

Flowers best suited for Sep,Oct and mid nov in UK

Thanks for this. I forgot to mention i'm on a budget, so can't plant rifts of say Sea Holly (i wish i could !). These are all great suggestions. I might have to stick with Viola's (not keen on...
    Thanks for this. I forgot to mention i'm on a budget, so can't plant rifts of say Sea Holly (i wish i could !). These are all great suggestions. I might have to stick with Viola's (not keen on Pansies as they always get bedraggled after a few weeks) Dahlia's and Chrysanthemums. I planted some...
    Thanks for this. I forgot to mention i'm on a budget, so can't plant rifts of say Sea Holly (i wish i could !). These are all great suggestions. I might have to stick with Viola's (not keen on Pansies as they always get bedraggled after a few...
    Thanks for this. I forgot to mention i'm on a budget, so can't plant rifts of say Sea Holly (i wish i could !). These are all great suggestions. I might have to stick with Viola's (not keen on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. miraflores

a glossy orchid

more orchids...:hate-shocked: pic. L. flores
    em.JPG ea.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. nikirushka

Lilies!

Absolute bargain @Anthony Rogers! 2p you lucky sod! ..gotta get me some tiger lillies, that top one with the spots is gorgeous!
    Absolute bargain @Anthony Rogers! 2p you lucky sod! ..gotta get me some tiger lillies, that top one with the spots is gorgeous!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. burnie

Orchid help

Thanks Pete( and Dai)
    Thanks Pete( and Dai)
    Thanks Pete( and Dai)
    Thanks Pete( and Dai)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. lolalotl

hoyas hoyas more hoya!

did you have also a little soil around the roots or bare roots?
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Snorky85

Geranium

Thanks for the expert advice here. I'll overwinter it and also do some cuttings as u describe and give it a go. I must have watered them too much in the past, hence the mouldy problem.Sent...
    Thanks for the expert advice here. I'll overwinter it and also do some cuttings as u describe and give it a go. I must have watered them too much in the past, hence the mouldy problem.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the expert advice here. I'll overwinter it and also do some cuttings as u describe and give it a go. I must have watered them too much in the past, hence the mouldy problem.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the expert advice here. I'll overwinter it and also do some cuttings as u describe and give it a go. I must have watered them too much in the past, hence the mouldy problem.Sent...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. dinp

House Plant.

Looks a bit like an Aspidistra.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice