1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

Did you know.... WASPS HATE PEPPERMINT..!!

Harry dive for the vinegar mate..very good solution for bringing swelling down...I avoid them if I can :)
    Harry dive for the vinegar mate..very good solution for bringing swelling down...I avoid them if I can :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

An Organic Mite Control Spray for your Greenhouse..!!

Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly .....no sprays other than water for me on edible...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. NigelJ

Lily beetles

This might sound a bit of a 'TALL' story but about eight years ago whilst my wife was still alive, I went to check the greenhouse. There was snow on the ground and the rhododendrons, it was...
    This might sound a bit of a 'TALL' story but about eight years ago whilst my wife was still alive, I went to check the greenhouse. There was snow on the ground and the rhododendrons, it was probably due the brilliant red against the snow that gave the little beasties away. So being the kind...
    This might sound a bit of a 'TALL' story but about eight years ago whilst my wife was still alive, I went to check the greenhouse. There was snow on the ground and the rhododendrons, it was probably due the brilliant red against the snow that...
    This might sound a bit of a 'TALL' story but about eight years ago whilst my wife was still alive, I went to check the greenhouse. There was snow on the ground and the rhododendrons, it was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Kandy
    Like x 6

Lily Beetles and Larva...

Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

Safe ways to deter Cats from your Garden Information only..

Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found. Garlic, in a spray, which contains garlic oil also...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found....
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Daisies
    Locked Sticky
    Like x 17

Anti-cat threads will be summarily closed

PLEASE TAKE NOTEDue to the incendiary nature of the topic, any further ANTI-CAT threads WILL BE SUMMARILY CLOSED AND MAY EVEN BE DELETED!Daisees has spoken!
    PLEASE TAKE NOTEDue to the incendiary nature of the topic, any further ANTI-CAT threads WILL BE SUMMARILY CLOSED AND MAY EVEN BE DELETED!Daisees has spoken!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9.   » Normal Threads
  10. Kandy

Ratty Rat...

Rats are so clever, wish Roland was still about.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Michael Hewett

Thrips

Pete I've tried soapy water in the past to remove green fly when I lived with my parents as she left her roses to me...it removed them to a certain extent but not completely and i'm not going to...
    Pete I've tried soapy water in the past to remove green fly when I lived with my parents as she left her roses to me...it removed them to a certain extent but not completely and i'm not going to recommend any other killer as I've never used any on plants mate only weed killer for the...
    Pete I've tried soapy water in the past to remove green fly when I lived with my parents as she left her roses to me...it removed them to a certain extent but not completely and i'm not going to recommend any other killer as I've never used any...
    Pete I've tried soapy water in the past to remove green fly when I lived with my parents as she left her roses to me...it removed them to a certain extent but not completely and i'm not going to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. daisybelle

Tumbelina bugs

Mike I thought I was gone mad mate...until your reply came up and expressed what was happening :)
    Mike I thought I was gone mad mate...until your reply came up and expressed what was happening :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. AntoniaKrz

Nasturtium - Eggs, what to do?

beautiful. I don't do anything with mine. let them be and next year they magically appear.
    beautiful. I don't do anything with mine. let them be and next year they magically appear.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Portisgrass

What's eating my tree

Hi @Portisgrass it looks like a Viburnum tinus being. attacked by the viburnum beetle.. When it rains the bush will smell very “strong”.. ;).. Viburnum beetle/RHS Gardening
    Hi @Portisgrass it looks like a Viburnum tinus being. attacked by the viburnum beetle.. When it rains the bush will smell very “strong”.. ;).. Viburnum beetle/RHS Gardening
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. daisybelle

Apple spots

Thanks, white pips = not ripe? None of the apples are ripe yet, but these seemed about the same size apart from one.
    Thanks, white pips = not ripe? None of the apples are ripe yet, but these seemed about the same size apart from one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Katherine

Help garden being eaten alive!!

If your new to gardening you may not realise that it is war out there. Behind every beautiful garden is a hoard of maurading monsters that would devour it whole. All plants more or less get...
    If your new to gardening you may not realise that it is war out there. Behind every beautiful garden is a hoard of maurading monsters that would devour it whole. All plants more or less get attacked, they loose leaves, get chomped over shadowed by bigger plants, or succumob to various diseases....
    If your new to gardening you may not realise that it is war out there. Behind every beautiful garden is a hoard of maurading monsters that would devour it whole. All plants more or less get attacked, they loose leaves, get chomped over shadowed...
    If your new to gardening you may not realise that it is war out there. Behind every beautiful garden is a hoard of maurading monsters that would devour it whole. All plants more or less get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Matthew13
    Like x 5

Slug free growing

My veg beds seem pretty much slug free. This morning when doing a bit of weeding I found a big fat toad living in there. Reckon he/she is eating all the slugs. I'm going to make several little...
    My veg beds seem pretty much slug free. This morning when doing a bit of weeding I found a big fat toad living in there. Reckon he/she is eating all the slugs. I'm going to make several little wood piles around the veg beds to encourage more toads.
    My veg beds seem pretty much slug free. This morning when doing a bit of weeding I found a big fat toad living in there. Reckon he/she is eating all the slugs. I'm going to make several little wood piles around the veg beds to encourage more toads.
    My veg beds seem pretty much slug free. This morning when doing a bit of weeding I found a big fat toad living in there. Reckon he/she is eating all the slugs. I'm going to make several little...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jackie16

Leylandii hedge

Some information here. Conifers: brown patches/RHS Gardening
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Philcw1984

What’s happening to my hedge?

Thanks MarleyJust being doing some reading up..... doesn’t sound good. My hedge has been attacked and has some serious leaf drop.I can’t believe I have not noticed it sooner.I had some bug...
    Thanks MarleyJust being doing some reading up..... doesn’t sound good. My hedge has been attacked and has some serious leaf drop.I can’t believe I have not noticed it sooner.I had some bug clear in the shed, fingers crossed. I don’t want to loose it!Thanks again!Phil
    Thanks MarleyJust being doing some reading up..... doesn’t sound good. My hedge has been attacked and has some serious leaf drop.I can’t believe I have not noticed it sooner.I had some bug clear in the shed, fingers crossed. I don’t want to...
    Thanks MarleyJust being doing some reading up..... doesn’t sound good. My hedge has been attacked and has some serious leaf drop.I can’t believe I have not noticed it sooner.I had some bug...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sally Parker

Hydrangea Pale Leaves

Sally, can you post a picture? Its possible your hebe was damaged during the very cold weather in early spring. Many palms, for example, were damaged down here but only recently noticed....I...
    Sally, can you post a picture? Its possible your hebe was damaged during the very cold weather in early spring. Many palms, for example, were damaged down here but only recently noticed....I myself have a variegated variety that has been slow to recover. However, it still seems to me that you...
    Sally, can you post a picture? Its possible your hebe was damaged during the very cold weather in early spring. Many palms, for example, were damaged down here but only recently noticed....I myself have a variegated variety that has been slow...
    Sally, can you post a picture? Its possible your hebe was damaged during the very cold weather in early spring. Many palms, for example, were damaged down here but only recently noticed....I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. daisybelle

calibrachoa

Well, it’s a gonner by tonight. A bit of googling and it seems they’re susceptible to root rot and like to dry out a bit. I can believe that of the latest one in the pot, but not the hanging...
    Well, it’s a gonner by tonight. A bit of googling and it seems they’re susceptible to root rot and like to dry out a bit. I can believe that of the latest one in the pot, but not the hanging baskets-too dry if anything in those! I’ll let the remaining one dry out a bit though...
    Well, it’s a gonner by tonight. A bit of googling and it seems they’re susceptible to root rot and like to dry out a bit. I can believe that of the latest one in the pot, but not the hanging baskets-too dry if anything in those! I’ll let the...
    Well, it’s a gonner by tonight. A bit of googling and it seems they’re susceptible to root rot and like to dry out a bit. I can believe that of the latest one in the pot, but not the hanging...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Agt

black spots on griselinia leaves

Oh dear, that could account for your getting it on your plant..It is very common though and I think it likes this hot humid weather @Agt
    Oh dear, that could account for your getting it on your plant..It is very common though and I think it likes this hot humid weather @Agt
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. daisybelle

What’s wrong with my...?

Hi Daisy nice tidy garden you have there :), it looks good to me just keep playing with it, it will be a case of removing it on certain days and putting it on others,Now you have screening if you...
    Hi Daisy nice tidy garden you have there :), it looks good to me just keep playing with it, it will be a case of removing it on certain days and putting it on others,Now you have screening if you have good air flow going through the GH i wouldn't worry too much about the temps the plants will...
    Hi Daisy nice tidy garden you have there :), it looks good to me just keep playing with it, it will be a case of removing it on certain days and putting it on others,Now you have screening if you have good air flow going through the GH i...
    Hi Daisy nice tidy garden you have there :), it looks good to me just keep playing with it, it will be a case of removing it on certain days and putting it on others,Now you have screening if you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. AntoniaKrz

Herb Insect damage, need help

I don't have a magnifying glass, but if they are Thrips how do I get rid of them? thanks
    I don't have a magnifying glass, but if they are Thrips how do I get rid of them? thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Pushkin

Leaf-cutting bee grubs

I found some leaf cutting bee larvae in a pot.Can I push these into my "bug store" for safe keeping?
    I found some leaf cutting bee larvae in a pot.Can I push these into my "bug store" for safe keeping?
    SDC11888.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. ricky101

Diy Garlic Spay recipe for Hostas

In my last garden I resorted to putting them in hanging baskets but that never looked good. In this garden snails went for my dahlias the first night I put them out. We sprayed the pots with wd40...
    In my last garden I resorted to putting them in hanging baskets but that never looked good. In this garden snails went for my dahlias the first night I put them out. We sprayed the pots with wd40 and put them on metal stands. One or both of these methods work but I'll have to keep them in their...
    In my last garden I resorted to putting them in hanging baskets but that never looked good. In this garden snails went for my dahlias the first night I put them out. We sprayed the pots with wd40 and put them on metal stands. One or both of...
    In my last garden I resorted to putting them in hanging baskets but that never looked good. In this garden snails went for my dahlias the first night I put them out. We sprayed the pots with wd40...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Rachel173&472

Mealybugs Advice!

Hello @Rachel173&472 :sign0016: to GC and nice to have you with us :)I don't have a red current bush or grow tomatoes...but there's many members knowledgeable in this field to help you but in the meantime I...
    Hello @Rachel173&472 :sign0016: to GC and nice to have you with us :)I don't have a red current bush or grow tomatoes...but there's many members knowledgeable in this field to help you but in the meantime I found this link which maybe helpful in the meantime.Soapy Spray to Get Rid of Mealybugs on Plants
    Hello @Rachel173&472 :sign0016: to GC and nice to have you with us :)I don't have a red current bush or grow tomatoes...but there's many members knowledgeable in this field to help you but in the meantime I found this link which maybe helpful in the...
    Hello @Rachel173&472 :sign0016: to GC and nice to have you with us :)I don't have a red current bush or grow tomatoes...but there's many members knowledgeable in this field to help you but in the meantime I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. kazzawazza

What’s eating my Brugmansia?

I got a magnifying glass and I was out inspecting the leaves on the Brugs with it at 6.00am this morning and there was no signs of anything on them other than what looked to be white fly - looked...
    I got a magnifying glass and I was out inspecting the leaves on the Brugs with it at 6.00am this morning and there was no signs of anything on them other than what looked to be white fly - looked like tiny white dashes ( - ) which I flicked off. There was no RSM or any eggs :scratch: but the Brugs still...
    I got a magnifying glass and I was out inspecting the leaves on the Brugs with it at 6.00am this morning and there was no signs of anything on them other than what looked to be white fly - looked like tiny white dashes ( - ) which I flicked off....
    I got a magnifying glass and I was out inspecting the leaves on the Brugs with it at 6.00am this morning and there was no signs of anything on them other than what looked to be white fly - looked...
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. lowrider69

Echium Pininana leaf problems

I think these high temps are playing havoc with lots of plants and then some love it I,m getting a mixture of results
    I think these high temps are playing havoc with lots of plants and then some love it I,m getting a mixture of results
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options