1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. NigelJ

Lily beetles 2017

Their larvae will do the real damage once they get out of their eggs, Scudo.:dunno::gaah::snorky:"Lily beetleLilies (Lilium species and hybrids), Giant lilies (Cardiocrinumspecies) and fritillaries (Fritillaria...
    Their larvae will do the real damage once they get out of their eggs, Scudo.:dunno::gaah::snorky:"Lily beetleLilies (Lilium species and hybrids), Giant lilies (Cardiocrinumspecies) and fritillaries (Fritillaria species) can be extensively defoliated by the common and widespread insect known as lily beetle or...
    Their larvae will do the real damage once they get out of their eggs, Scudo.:dunno::gaah::snorky:"Lily beetleLilies (Lilium species and hybrids), Giant lilies (Cardiocrinumspecies) and fritillaries (Fritillaria species) can be extensively defoliated by the...
    Their larvae will do the real damage once they get out of their eggs, Scudo.:dunno::gaah::snorky:"Lily beetleLilies (Lilium species and hybrids), Giant lilies (Cardiocrinumspecies) and fritillaries (Fritillaria...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

Cat Deterrent Talk.? All post of this nature in this thread only.. Humane talk only please.! 2015

Some friends of ours tried that in an attempt to deter their neighbour's cat. What they didn't know is that the cat was deaf! :rolleyespink:Not just younger people. I can hear them :old:. I also had to have...
    Some friends of ours tried that in an attempt to deter their neighbour's cat. What they didn't know is that the cat was deaf! :rolleyespink:Not just younger people. I can hear them :old:. I also had to have our burglar alarm retuned (combines ultrasonics and infrared) as I could hear it. They tested the...
    Some friends of ours tried that in an attempt to deter their neighbour's cat. What they didn't know is that the cat was deaf! :rolleyespink:Not just younger people. I can hear them :old:. I also had to have our burglar alarm retuned (combines ultrasonics and...
    Some friends of ours tried that in an attempt to deter their neighbour's cat. What they didn't know is that the cat was deaf! :rolleyespink:Not just younger people. I can hear them :old:. I also had to have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Kandy
    Like x 6

Lily Beetles and Larva...

Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley

An Organic Mite Control Spray for your Greenhouse..!!

hi yes im in uk but i could buy a bottle that is 100ml but only need 5ml per litre obviously i dont mind the smell of lavender but dont want to over use and make items i grow taste of lavender lol
    hi yes im in uk but i could buy a bottle that is 100ml but only need 5ml per litre obviously i dont mind the smell of lavender but dont want to over use and make items i grow taste of lavender lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

Safe ways to deter Cats from your Garden Information only..

Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found. Garlic, in a spray, which contains garlic oil also...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found....
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Daisies
    Locked Sticky
    Like x 17

Anti-cat threads will be summarily closed

PLEASE TAKE NOTEDue to the incendiary nature of the topic, any further ANTI-CAT threads WILL BE SUMMARILY CLOSED AND MAY EVEN BE DELETED!Daisees has spoken!
    PLEASE TAKE NOTEDue to the incendiary nature of the topic, any further ANTI-CAT threads WILL BE SUMMARILY CLOSED AND MAY EVEN BE DELETED!Daisees has spoken!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8.   » Normal Threads
  9. amco35

Floribunda Rose help!!

A true gardener never gives up on a plant until they know it is dead! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. pamsdish

What are these on my apple tree

Interesting, Bizarre 'cobweb' effect in cemetery caused by moth caterpillar invasion
    Interesting, Bizarre 'cobweb' effect in cemetery caused by moth caterpillar invasion
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. LizzieBee

What is stripping laburnum flowers?

What do the flowers that are on the ground look like? If the bees have attacked them before the flowers have opened properly there will be small holes in the bottom part of the flower. I don't...
    What do the flowers that are on the ground look like? If the bees have attacked them before the flowers have opened properly there will be small holes in the bottom part of the flower. I don't know whether they do it to laburnum but that's what they do to runner bean flowers if they can't get...
    What do the flowers that are on the ground look like? If the bees have attacked them before the flowers have opened properly there will be small holes in the bottom part of the flower. I don't know whether they do it to laburnum but that's what...
    What do the flowers that are on the ground look like? If the bees have attacked them before the flowers have opened properly there will be small holes in the bottom part of the flower. I don't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. leonora

Quince tree dying

Yes. You need to feed and water the poor thing. I would find a pot a little bigger than the one it is in now, and buy some really good compost - like John Innes. I would also cut it back a...
    Yes. You need to feed and water the poor thing. I would find a pot a little bigger than the one it is in now, and buy some really good compost - like John Innes. I would also cut it back a bit to about a foot high - just above a bud. See how it goes, and don`t forget to water it - make...
    Yes. You need to feed and water the poor thing. I would find a pot a little bigger than the one it is in now, and buy some really good compost - like John Innes. I would also cut it back a bit to about a foot high - just above a bud. See...
    Yes. You need to feed and water the poor thing. I would find a pot a little bigger than the one it is in now, and buy some really good compost - like John Innes. I would also cut it back a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. 2nd_bassoon

Who's hijacking my dahlias?

Agree with @Tetters , I do he same and it does the job well :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Timbobaggins

Shirley Tomato leaves - brown/white'ish looks like mould

Scorch for sure. Can also be caused by watering during sunshine and the water droplets acting like a magnifying glass.
    Scorch for sure. Can also be caused by watering during sunshine and the water droplets acting like a magnifying glass.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Snorky85

Rhodo not looking great

Well its a new house for me and I want to make the garden more my own.I've had to move loads of plants into the right locations....saved a lovely nearly dead azalea by potting it up into...
    Well its a new house for me and I want to make the garden more my own.I've had to move loads of plants into the right locations....saved a lovely nearly dead azalea by potting it up into ericaceous compost and feeding it and it now has some really healthy leaves and flowers on it. Last year...
    Well its a new house for me and I want to make the garden more my own.I've had to move loads of plants into the right locations....saved a lovely nearly dead azalea by potting it up into ericaceous compost and feeding it and it now has some...
    Well its a new house for me and I want to make the garden more my own.I've had to move loads of plants into the right locations....saved a lovely nearly dead azalea by potting it up into...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Snorky85

Blimmin leaf curl aphid again

Anyone have any tips how to get rid of leaf curl aphid from a cheery type tree? Last year i had to chop the ends off as it was so bad. Theyre back again this year. Taken a few ends off because...
    Anyone have any tips how to get rid of leaf curl aphid from a cheery type tree? Last year i had to chop the ends off as it was so bad. Theyre back again this year. Taken a few ends off because they were covered. Haven't sprayed it as saw a few ladybirds which I'm hoping will help.I think the...
    Anyone have any tips how to get rid of leaf curl aphid from a cheery type tree? Last year i had to chop the ends off as it was so bad. Theyre back again this year. Taken a few ends off because they were covered. Haven't sprayed it as saw a few...
    Anyone have any tips how to get rid of leaf curl aphid from a cheery type tree? Last year i had to chop the ends off as it was so bad. Theyre back again this year. Taken a few ends off because...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. TheMadHedger

Pesticides and pets

Thanks, I was hoping that would be something along those lines.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Fidosaurus

Weird lime tree leaf growths

I've seen that on Lime leaves quite often early in the season, it seems to go away later in summer.
    I've seen that on Lime leaves quite often early in the season, it seems to go away later in summer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. 2nd_bassoon

Sad sweet pea stems

Mice will also eat sweet pea seedlings off at ground level, they've just destroyed several of my plants.
    Mice will also eat sweet pea seedlings off at ground level, they've just destroyed several of my plants.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. seb

Apple and Pear tree pests and leaf disease

I'm inclined to agree with that Having moved from south-east England to the north-west and now living in the Scottish Highlands I believe it does make a difference. An example being in the 24...
    I'm inclined to agree with that Having moved from south-east England to the north-west and now living in the Scottish Highlands I believe it does make a difference. An example being in the 24 years in the north west I only saw one vine weevil in my garden but on the other hand being a wetter...
    I'm inclined to agree with that Having moved from south-east England to the north-west and now living in the Scottish Highlands I believe it does make a difference. An example being in the 24 years in the north west I only saw one vine weevil in...
    I'm inclined to agree with that Having moved from south-east England to the north-west and now living in the Scottish Highlands I believe it does make a difference. An example being in the 24...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Linz

Free-ish slug pubs at McDonald's

I won't knock it - one of my son's is on their Graduate Management Scheme and on a nice little earner thank you very much. The majority of his fellow graduates are working in "Commission Only"...
    I won't knock it - one of my son's is on their Graduate Management Scheme and on a nice little earner thank you very much. The majority of his fellow graduates are working in "Commission Only" roles in other organisations ;) I know which one I prefer him to be on and I certainly know which one...
    I won't knock it - one of my son's is on their Graduate Management Scheme and on a nice little earner thank you very much. The majority of his fellow graduates are working in "Commission Only" roles in other organisations ;) I know which one I...
    I won't knock it - one of my son's is on their Graduate Management Scheme and on a nice little earner thank you very much. The majority of his fellow graduates are working in "Commission Only"...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Snorky85

Funny looking circle underside of geranium leaf

@Snorky85 we always have rust when growing garlic but found it only affected the top growth and the bulbs were ok but we have now stopped growing it as Mr Kandy couldn't keep up with eating it...
    @Snorky85 we always have rust when growing garlic but found it only affected the top growth and the bulbs were ok but we have now stopped growing it as Mr Kandy couldn't keep up with eating it and it made his breath stink lol.:yikes:I am not sure if these rust problems are all the same type of rust...
    @Snorky85 we always have rust when growing garlic but found it only affected the top growth and the bulbs were ok but we have now stopped growing it as Mr Kandy couldn't keep up with eating it and it made his breath stink lol.:yikes:I am not sure if...
    @Snorky85 we always have rust when growing garlic but found it only affected the top growth and the bulbs were ok but we have now stopped growing it as Mr Kandy couldn't keep up with eating it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Paul1989

Cucumber - what looks like rust. young plant imgs

It looks fine, don't remove those seed leaves - let it do it's own thing.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. ricky101

Rat Poison in Compost Heap

The trouble with rodent bait is that, if you keep putting loads out, hey will take more than they can eat and stash it somewhere before they die.I might have been tempted to suggest digging a...
    The trouble with rodent bait is that, if you keep putting loads out, hey will take more than they can eat and stash it somewhere before they die.I might have been tempted to suggest digging a big hole, burying the contaminated compost and joining in out giant pumpkin growing competion, but I'm...
    The trouble with rodent bait is that, if you keep putting loads out, hey will take more than they can eat and stash it somewhere before they die.I might have been tempted to suggest digging a big hole, burying the contaminated compost and...
    The trouble with rodent bait is that, if you keep putting loads out, hey will take more than they can eat and stash it somewhere before they die.I might have been tempted to suggest digging a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. TheMadHedger

Buddleia - black residue on uppermost leaf axis/leaf stems

Thanks, I'll give that a go. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. ricky101

Pear Leaf Curl

Oh and yes Vitax is the main one I think and I use that, but Mr Fothergills do their own too I believe.. Good luck ;)
    Oh and yes Vitax is the main one I think and I use that, but Mr Fothergills do their own too I believe.. Good luck ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. NigelJ

Unexplained deaths

That's good news! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. wiseowl

Slug protection

"Fresh seaweed has long been used by coastal gardeners as a soil improver and plant feed, but there is no public right to collect seaweed from the beach unless you own the beach and it is not...
    "Fresh seaweed has long been used by coastal gardeners as a soil improver and plant feed, but there is no public right to collect seaweed from the beach unless you own the beach and it is not designated a site of special scientific interest or a special area of conservation. If you plan to...
    "Fresh seaweed has long been used by coastal gardeners as a soil improver and plant feed, but there is no public right to collect seaweed from the beach unless you own the beach and it is not designated a site of special scientific interest or a...
    "Fresh seaweed has long been used by coastal gardeners as a soil improver and plant feed, but there is no public right to collect seaweed from the beach unless you own the beach and it is not...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options