1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. NigelJ

Lily beetles

This might sound a bit of a 'TALL' story but about eight years ago whilst my wife was still alive, I went to check the greenhouse. There was snow on the ground and the rhododendrons, it was...
    This might sound a bit of a 'TALL' story but about eight years ago whilst my wife was still alive, I went to check the greenhouse. There was snow on the ground and the rhododendrons, it was probably due the brilliant red against the snow that gave the little beasties away. So being the kind...
    This might sound a bit of a 'TALL' story but about eight years ago whilst my wife was still alive, I went to check the greenhouse. There was snow on the ground and the rhododendrons, it was probably due the brilliant red against the snow that...
    This might sound a bit of a 'TALL' story but about eight years ago whilst my wife was still alive, I went to check the greenhouse. There was snow on the ground and the rhododendrons, it was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Kandy
    Like x 6

Lily Beetles and Larva...

Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley

An Organic Mite Control Spray for your Greenhouse..!!

hi yes im in uk but i could buy a bottle that is 100ml but only need 5ml per litre obviously i dont mind the smell of lavender but dont want to over use and make items i grow taste of lavender lol
    hi yes im in uk but i could buy a bottle that is 100ml but only need 5ml per litre obviously i dont mind the smell of lavender but dont want to over use and make items i grow taste of lavender lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

Safe ways to deter Cats from your Garden Information only..

Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found. Garlic, in a spray, which contains garlic oil also...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found....
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Daisies
    Locked Sticky
    Like x 17

Anti-cat threads will be summarily closed

PLEASE TAKE NOTEDue to the incendiary nature of the topic, any further ANTI-CAT threads WILL BE SUMMARILY CLOSED AND MAY EVEN BE DELETED!Daisees has spoken!
    PLEASE TAKE NOTEDue to the incendiary nature of the topic, any further ANTI-CAT threads WILL BE SUMMARILY CLOSED AND MAY EVEN BE DELETED!Daisees has spoken!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8.   » Normal Threads
  9. TaraMaiden

Now here's a funny thing....

Hello @TaraMaiden sorry to hear your plants have ended up at the local dump mate...it breaks your heart when your trying to mature something and then it turns against you :sad:
    Hello @TaraMaiden sorry to hear your plants have ended up at the local dump mate...it breaks your heart when your trying to mature something and then it turns against you :sad:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Whippet

Slugs in my tubs.

Yes I could just imagine it mate...goodness in the form of the
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Markymark

What’s going on?

Just taken a few extra pics today. Whatever it is, it’s affecting my (sorry for misspellings) rudbeckia, lavender, sunflowers and some other tall thing (ha ha) . I’m not happy at the moment! All...
    Just taken a few extra pics today. Whatever it is, it’s affecting my (sorry for misspellings) rudbeckia, lavender, sunflowers and some other tall thing (ha ha) . I’m not happy at the moment! All these plants are outside in my border. The wind also flattened half of my garden on Friday so I feel...
    Just taken a few extra pics today. Whatever it is, it’s affecting my (sorry for misspellings) rudbeckia, lavender, sunflowers and some other tall thing (ha ha) . I’m not happy at the moment! All these plants are outside in my border. The wind...
    Just taken a few extra pics today. Whatever it is, it’s affecting my (sorry for misspellings) rudbeckia, lavender, sunflowers and some other tall thing (ha ha) . I’m not happy at the moment! All...
    D6B9B1FF-82ED-4E51-86C2-3CC8B8A17530.jpeg 959C71DA-1553-408E-B94A-D0D5E9F9F75C.jpeg F6C21FD3-6875-4693-9A45-E03FAAC45582.jpeg 43E92F9D-C020-491F-86E2-4A7AA081EEA0.jpeg C9DA8863-EB54-4A0F-AAA1-F02E160CC7E5.jpeg 0CCC8FE2-0FC0-4682-96FB-B8464EF5D7FE.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. John Dalrymple

Recently planted shrubs diseased

@John Dalrymple Go Google "twig blight".
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Alan Stephenson

Help, what's gone wrong?

Snail or caterpillar damage.....check at night time to eliminate snails. Magnesium deficiency too.... see picture 3 :) Spray with epsom salts to fix :)
    Snail or caterpillar damage.....check at night time to eliminate snails. Magnesium deficiency too.... see picture 3 :) Spray with epsom salts to fix :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Berberis Artista

What is eating my climbing hydrangea?

The problem is it is looking healthy now my wife but the insecticide on!I guess I just have to wait for whatever it is to attack again ...
    The problem is it is looking healthy now my wife but the insecticide on!I guess I just have to wait for whatever it is to attack again ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Aldo

Apple tree - Aphids and possbily beatles, how to treat?

Thanks for the warning, I will use copper sulphate only then.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Shgs8

Unsightly brown patches on lawn

If when you applied the fertiliser you saw black patches it’s scorched the lawn, very easy to spot and means you applied too much. Grass goes brown after the nice black look. This happens very...
    If when you applied the fertiliser you saw black patches it’s scorched the lawn, very easy to spot and means you applied too much. Grass goes brown after the nice black look. This happens very quickly. If you added fertiliser say a week ago and this developed that’s your answer.Diseases...
    If when you applied the fertiliser you saw black patches it’s scorched the lawn, very easy to spot and means you applied too much. Grass goes brown after the nice black look. This happens very quickly. If you added fertiliser say a week ago and...
    If when you applied the fertiliser you saw black patches it’s scorched the lawn, very easy to spot and means you applied too much. Grass goes brown after the nice black look. This happens very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. nikirushka

Snails!

Sure does lucius....snails, etc., cannot tolerate raw bulky seaweed :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Loki

Mildew

@Verdun you are amazing In one post you identified the plant, told me it’s suseptipal to mould and should be watered / in the garden:dbgrtmb: :love30: :ThankYou:
    @Verdun you are amazing In one post you identified the plant, told me it’s suseptipal to mould and should be watered / in the garden:dbgrtmb: :love30: :ThankYou:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. lowrider69

Newbie Advice about bugs please

I need to get some bug killer anyone got some choices please, a good all rounder if theres such a thing?
    I need to get some bug killer anyone got some choices please, a good all rounder if theres such a thing?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. silu

Gallup weedkillers.

You can but the end user must be trained in accordance with the law. Some places though will not as they have tightened up on the law over the last few years.
    You can but the end user must be trained in accordance with the law. Some places though will not as they have tightened up on the law over the last few years.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. lowrider69

Advice needed please (pest or disease)

Yea thanks Tetters this is my 1st garden that's mine and its really coming along I done my veg patch and got more plants to go in there yet as I pulled the cabbage that bolted out but I,m always...
    Yea thanks Tetters this is my 1st garden that's mine and its really coming along I done my veg patch and got more plants to go in there yet as I pulled the cabbage that bolted out but I,m always in my greenhouse doing something or other lol loads more to do to front yet but doing as much as I...
    Yea thanks Tetters this is my 1st garden that's mine and its really coming along I done my veg patch and got more plants to go in there yet as I pulled the cabbage that bolted out but I,m always in my greenhouse doing something or other lol loads...
    Yea thanks Tetters this is my 1st garden that's mine and its really coming along I done my veg patch and got more plants to go in there yet as I pulled the cabbage that bolted out but I,m always...
    bulb.jpg back garden.jpg 34535233_10210149428646757_5727608518672908288_n.jpg 34607755_10210149429926789_3388292741967380480_n.jpg back garden.jpg front garden steps 2.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Myndos

Spider problem

You really need to identify it first to see what it likes/dislikes. I suspect it will just be a temporary thing as they have just hatched out. A large population cannot survive for long in a small...
    You really need to identify it first to see what it likes/dislikes. I suspect it will just be a temporary thing as they have just hatched out. A large population cannot survive for long in a small location and will move on or be eaten by something else.
    You really need to identify it first to see what it likes/dislikes. I suspect it will just be a temporary thing as they have just hatched out. A large population cannot survive for long in a small location and will move on or be eaten by...
    You really need to identify it first to see what it likes/dislikes. I suspect it will just be a temporary thing as they have just hatched out. A large population cannot survive for long in a small...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Catalyst

large shrub - what’s killing it?!

We got a 60 foot + hedge and it will take time to get them all, yes the foul smell is from the plant
    We got a 60 foot + hedge and it will take time to get them all, yes the foul smell is from the plant
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Dazlar

Help a complete newbie identify this?

Dazlar, we have all been "new" at some point but through trial and error and with the vast combined experience of too many failures!, we at GC have developed into a knowledgeable group who are...
    Dazlar, we have all been "new" at some point but through trial and error and with the vast combined experience of too many failures!, we at GC have developed into a knowledgeable group who are only too happy help if we can. Good luck and welcome.
    Dazlar, we have all been "new" at some point but through trial and error and with the vast combined experience of too many failures!, we at GC have developed into a knowledgeable group who are only too happy help if we can. Good luck and welcome.
    Dazlar, we have all been "new" at some point but through trial and error and with the vast combined experience of too many failures!, we at GC have developed into a knowledgeable group who are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Aldo

Damaged strawberries - Could you help me identify the problem?

Some of the fruits from my strawberries in tubs have a somewhat glossy look to them, and the little leaves around them look like they are turning reddish. I let one of the fruit develop and one...
    Some of the fruits from my strawberries in tubs have a somewhat glossy look to them, and the little leaves around them look like they are turning reddish. I let one of the fruit develop and one side turned out waxy, somewhat grey and definetely unhealthy (sorry, I did not take a photo of that...
    Some of the fruits from my strawberries in tubs have a somewhat glossy look to them, and the little leaves around them look like they are turning reddish. I let one of the fruit develop and one side turned out waxy, somewhat grey and definetely...
    Some of the fruits from my strawberries in tubs have a somewhat glossy look to them, and the little leaves around them look like they are turning reddish. I let one of the fruit develop and one...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Gwenni

ARGH! Help please?

Hi there! Thanks, I'm really hoping it will be gone by the end of the day.
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. 2nd_bassoon

Sad gardenia

Kleim's hardy never worked for me either, survived a couple of winters but was on a downward spiral all the time.:frown:
    Kleim's hardy never worked for me either, survived a couple of winters but was on a downward spiral all the time.:frown:
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. SteveQ

Wooly Beech Aphid

Hi @SteveQ Welcome to GC I would spray with a mix of horticultural soap and neem oil myself, are they near any fruit trees.? Have a read here Beech Blight Aphid
    Hi @SteveQ Welcome to GC I would spray with a mix of horticultural soap and neem oil myself, are they near any fruit trees.? Have a read here Beech Blight Aphid
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options