1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

Did you know.... WASPS HATE PEPPERMINT..!!

Harry dive for the vinegar mate..very good solution for bringing swelling down...I avoid them if I can :)
    Harry dive for the vinegar mate..very good solution for bringing swelling down...I avoid them if I can :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

An Organic Mite Control Spray for your Greenhouse..!!

Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly .....no sprays other than water for me on edible...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. NigelJ

Lily beetles

This might sound a bit of a 'TALL' story but about eight years ago whilst my wife was still alive, I went to check the greenhouse. There was snow on the ground and the rhododendrons, it was...
    This might sound a bit of a 'TALL' story but about eight years ago whilst my wife was still alive, I went to check the greenhouse. There was snow on the ground and the rhododendrons, it was probably due the brilliant red against the snow that gave the little beasties away. So being the kind...
    This might sound a bit of a 'TALL' story but about eight years ago whilst my wife was still alive, I went to check the greenhouse. There was snow on the ground and the rhododendrons, it was probably due the brilliant red against the snow that...
    This might sound a bit of a 'TALL' story but about eight years ago whilst my wife was still alive, I went to check the greenhouse. There was snow on the ground and the rhododendrons, it was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Kandy
    Like x 6

Lily Beetles and Larva...

Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

Safe ways to deter Cats from your Garden Information only..

Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found. Garlic, in a spray, which contains garlic oil also...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found....
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Daisies
    Locked Sticky
    Like x 17

Anti-cat threads will be summarily closed

PLEASE TAKE NOTEDue to the incendiary nature of the topic, any further ANTI-CAT threads WILL BE SUMMARILY CLOSED AND MAY EVEN BE DELETED!Daisees has spoken!
    PLEASE TAKE NOTEDue to the incendiary nature of the topic, any further ANTI-CAT threads WILL BE SUMMARILY CLOSED AND MAY EVEN BE DELETED!Daisees has spoken!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9.   » Normal Threads
  10. Clare G

Anyone know what ails this jasmine?

Slime mould is amazing stuff.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. WeeTam

Giant Hogweed reminder....Ouch!

I bet that put some bite into the drink, Pal:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Zigs
    Informative x 3

Xylella Fastidiosa

Sounds like. Where is the tea JohnNo idea. Thought you drank coffee.!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. mazambo

Caterpillar

Ye gods! something is eating my plant/s. Now you perhaps tend to change sides. Why? what do I mean. #Gardening, horticulture and all that. So perhaps we start off with pot plant. That's...
    Ye gods! something is eating my plant/s. Now you perhaps tend to change sides. Why? what do I mean. #Gardening, horticulture and all that. So perhaps we start off with pot plant. That's nice says a friend. What is it? It's a plant, can't you see? Yes but what kind of plant? Now we...
    Ye gods! something is eating my plant/s. Now you perhaps tend to change sides. Why? what do I mean. #Gardening, horticulture and all that. So perhaps we start off with pot plant. That's nice says a friend. What is it? It's a plant,...
    Ye gods! something is eating my plant/s. Now you perhaps tend to change sides. Why? what do I mean. #Gardening, horticulture and all that. So perhaps we start off with pot plant. That's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. eddybaby

What's Bugging my Azalea?

:ThankYou: I'll give it a go :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. idmcg

My poorly apple tree

I don't have apple trees, but apple tree scab comes to mind.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. mazambo

Vine weevil?

Yes and yes! Nasty little creatures! :mute:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Hattyfatner

Little white hairs killing everything

C'est la vie :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. hedgefog

mouse in the shed

Mousetraps baited with peanut butter is the answer. Works for me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Aldo

Circular little marks on tomatoes

I found these strange marks on some of my tomatoes. They seem to have only affected several fruits which are close to each other. I was wondering if somebody could tell me what causes...
    I found these strange marks on some of my tomatoes. They seem to have only affected several fruits which are close to each other. I was wondering if somebody could tell me what causes this?Thanks! Aldo
    I found these strange marks on some of my tomatoes. They seem to have only affected several fruits which are close to each other. I was wondering if somebody could tell me what causes this?Thanks! Aldo
    I found these strange marks on some of my tomatoes. They seem to have only affected several fruits which are close to each other. I was wondering if somebody could tell me what causes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Bgfloyd

Forsythia

There are also very attractive and very floriferous forsythia varieties now too....however, if you do decide to plant another then do so in a different site Bgfloyd :) Sparrows here seem...
    There are also very attractive and very floriferous forsythia varieties now too....however, if you do decide to plant another then do so in a different site Bgfloyd :) Sparrows here seem adaptable.....they have decided to swarm in and around an archway of honeysuckles; I think previously they...
    There are also very attractive and very floriferous forsythia varieties now too....however, if you do decide to plant another then do so in a different site Bgfloyd :) Sparrows here seem adaptable.....they have decided to swarm in and around an...
    There are also very attractive and very floriferous forsythia varieties now too....however, if you do decide to plant another then do so in a different site Bgfloyd :) Sparrows here seem...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Mike Allen

Home made remedies pointless.

The answer is to make an electric fence :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. mazambo
    Like x 5

Feral pigeons

I was only quoting from a County Council website and from the government's DEFRA website. :noidea:The bit about interpretation came directly from a discussion with an Environmental Health Officer as I...
    I was only quoting from a County Council website and from the government's DEFRA website. :noidea:The bit about interpretation came directly from a discussion with an Environmental Health Officer as I happened to be in a (social) meeting with him (and others). :) He made some interesting, off the...
    I was only quoting from a County Council website and from the government's DEFRA website. :noidea:The bit about interpretation came directly from a discussion with an Environmental Health Officer as I happened to be in a (social) meeting with him (and...
    I was only quoting from a County Council website and from the government's DEFRA website. :noidea:The bit about interpretation came directly from a discussion with an Environmental Health Officer as I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Aldo

Squirrel or other rodent?

This is what slugs can do when they beat me to the local puffballs (you may need to click on he attachment link to view the pic)
    This is what slugs can do when they beat me to the local puffballs (you may need to click on he attachment link to view the pic)
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Daniel1oc

Rhododendron

Hi all can anyone tell me what's wrong with this 2 year old plant. Leaves are curled up and some leaves have large brown patches? Thanks
    Hi all can anyone tell me what's wrong with this 2 year old plant. Leaves are curled up and some leaves have large brown patches? Thanks
    IMG_20180917_163100.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Neil C

What is eating my primulas?

This has answered the exact same query I have. We're lucky enough to have a colony of sparrows in our garden and the primulas are on a table which is quite close to the 'bird cafe', the only...
    This has answered the exact same query I have. We're lucky enough to have a colony of sparrows in our garden and the primulas are on a table which is quite close to the 'bird cafe', the only difference being that the primulas in question are white with a yellow centre. May be our sparrows like...
    This has answered the exact same query I have. We're lucky enough to have a colony of sparrows in our garden and the primulas are on a table which is quite close to the 'bird cafe', the only difference being that the primulas in question are...
    This has answered the exact same query I have. We're lucky enough to have a colony of sparrows in our garden and the primulas are on a table which is quite close to the 'bird cafe', the only...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Kandy

Ratty Rat...

I can very well understand peoples likes and dislikes, tolerance and hatred.Foxes usually start the controversay. Pests, vermin, kill the lot of them. WHY? Look back at the natural history of...
    I can very well understand peoples likes and dislikes, tolerance and hatred.Foxes usually start the controversay. Pests, vermin, kill the lot of them. WHY? Look back at the natural history of Britain. We have destroyed acres and miles of forest land. Not only that. We have hunted down,...
    I can very well understand peoples likes and dislikes, tolerance and hatred.Foxes usually start the controversay. Pests, vermin, kill the lot of them. WHY? Look back at the natural history of Britain. We have destroyed acres and miles of...
    I can very well understand peoples likes and dislikes, tolerance and hatred.Foxes usually start the controversay. Pests, vermin, kill the lot of them. WHY? Look back at the natural history of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Carolien

Help! Nectarine tree is being covered in strange webs

Thank you very much.
    Thank you very much.
    Thank you very much.
    Thank you very much.
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. REMO

Peppermint potted on kitchen window seal - Stripped of leaves over night

It's so annoying when that happens, isn't it?Whether you find silver trails, or black poo, I think my response would be the same.1. Check the plant, soil, pot for any signs of aforementioned...
    It's so annoying when that happens, isn't it?Whether you find silver trails, or black poo, I think my response would be the same.1. Check the plant, soil, pot for any signs of aforementioned critters, and if found, remove2. Plant your mint outside (checking around the rootball for more...
    It's so annoying when that happens, isn't it?Whether you find silver trails, or black poo, I think my response would be the same.1. Check the plant, soil, pot for any signs of aforementioned critters, and if found, remove2. Plant your mint...
    It's so annoying when that happens, isn't it?Whether you find silver trails, or black poo, I think my response would be the same.1. Check the plant, soil, pot for any signs of aforementioned...
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. SlimboyFat

Hedge / Desease ID

Oh I'm quite sure it will regrow - euonymus always will, it's whether it will stay clean that is the question. We'll see..... I will let you know (I'm that kinda gal!) :wub2:
    Oh I'm quite sure it will regrow - euonymus always will, it's whether it will stay clean that is the question. We'll see..... I will let you know (I'm that kinda gal!) :wub2:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options