1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

Safe ways to deter Cats from your Garden Information only..

Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found. Garlic, in a spray, which contains garlic oil also...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found....
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kandy
    Like x 6

Lily Beetles and Larva...

Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley

An Organic Mite Control Spray for your Greenhouse..!!

Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly .....no sprays other than water for me on edible...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

Did you know.... WASPS HATE PEPPERMINT..!!

Of my god, that's the first time I hear about this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley

Cat Deterrent Talk.? All post of this nature in this thread only.. Humane talk only please.!

That's got to have been the King Tom of the area! That's hilarious! :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7.   » Normal Threads
  8. pricemazda

Vine Weevil

Thanks for the advice.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. p.leonard.

Does anybody know the cure for bay leaf curl?

I can't see anything on Bay Leaf Curlthere are some diseases here http://www.ipm.uiuc.edu/diseases/series600/rpd601/I would think either an aphid of some type attacking the young leaves or a...
    I can't see anything on Bay Leaf Curlthere are some diseases here http://www.ipm.uiuc.edu/diseases/series600/rpd601/I would think either an aphid of some type attacking the young leaves or a fungal disease?
    I can't see anything on Bay Leaf Curlthere are some diseases here http://www.ipm.uiuc.edu/diseases/series600/rpd601/I would think either an aphid of some type attacking the young leaves or a fungal disease?
    I can't see anything on Bay Leaf Curlthere are some diseases here http://www.ipm.uiuc.edu/diseases/series600/rpd601/I would think either an aphid of some type attacking the young leaves or a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Stephen

moles

I would imagine everbody keeps away from the area.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Mrs cloudy

slug killing nematodes

Hi Mrs Cloudy I have used nematodes before, and they work well against slugs, you do get quite a bit of coverage (water the soil, not the plants like I did the 1st time I used them!!!). They don't...
    Hi Mrs Cloudy I have used nematodes before, and they work well against slugs, you do get quite a bit of coverage (water the soil, not the plants like I did the 1st time I used them!!!). They don't work against snails. Only use them when the weather is a lot warmer than now - I tend to start in...
    Hi Mrs Cloudy I have used nematodes before, and they work well against slugs, you do get quite a bit of coverage (water the soil, not the plants like I did the 1st time I used them!!!). They don't work against snails. Only use them when the...
    Hi Mrs Cloudy I have used nematodes before, and they work well against slugs, you do get quite a bit of coverage (water the soil, not the plants like I did the 1st time I used them!!!). They don't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. lil-lisa

Hairy caterpillars

There is another great website for British mothshttp://www.ukmoths.force9.co.uk/look up "Pale Tussock" or another black and yellow hairy one would be "The Vapourer" a long shot would be "Grey...
    There is another great website for British mothshttp://www.ukmoths.force9.co.uk/look up "Pale Tussock" or another black and yellow hairy one would be "The Vapourer" a long shot would be "Grey Dagger"The White marked Tussock I belive is an American species.Hope this helpsChris
    There is another great website for British mothshttp://www.ukmoths.force9.co.uk/look up "Pale Tussock" or another black and yellow hairy one would be "The Vapourer" a long shot would be "Grey Dagger"The White marked Tussock I belive is an...
    There is another great website for British mothshttp://www.ukmoths.force9.co.uk/look up "Pale Tussock" or another black and yellow hairy one would be "The Vapourer" a long shot would be "Grey...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Acey

Spider invasion!

I think it would kill them as most garden hoovers are also shredders, which is why I said about not being superstious. I don't mind them myself but I don't have to worry about my child eating them.
    I think it would kill them as most garden hoovers are also shredders, which is why I said about not being superstious. I don't mind them myself but I don't have to worry about my child eating them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Mitchell

How to discourage grey squirrels?

Try contacting your local RSPCA, or wildlife trust (see below) for links. They usually give quite sensible...
    Try contacting your local RSPCA, or wildlife trust (see below) for links. They usually give quite sensible advice. http://www.lincstrust.org.uk/index.phphttp://www.naturenet.net/orgs/uknatureorgs.html I have one squirrel that visits, he does steal the bird food & buries stuff all over but...
    Try contacting your local RSPCA, or wildlife trust (see below) for links. They usually give quite sensible advice. http://www.lincstrust.org.uk/index.phphttp://www.naturenet.net/orgs/uknatureorgs.html I have one squirrel that visits, he does...
    Try contacting your local RSPCA, or wildlife trust (see below) for links. They usually give quite sensible...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. granny

Got Black leaves!any ideas

Hello, I'm having a problem trying to work out what is going on in my garden. Normal garden books dont seem to help. My Jasmine plant has leaves which are going black from the inside stem...
    Hello, I'm having a problem trying to work out what is going on in my garden. Normal garden books dont seem to help. My Jasmine plant has leaves which are going black from the inside stem outwards. Last year this also happened to my Astilbe, Clematis and Weigela. It didnt appear to affect new...
    Hello, I'm having a problem trying to work out what is going on in my garden. Normal garden books dont seem to help. My Jasmine plant has leaves which are going black from the inside stem outwards. Last year this also happened to my Astilbe,...
    Hello, I'm having a problem trying to work out what is going on in my garden. Normal garden books dont seem to help. My Jasmine plant has leaves which are going black from the inside stem...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Mrs cloudy

Slug pellets

Whaddya mean "if".........a cherub like me could go nowhere else;)!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. arwyn

something eating my bedding plants

LOL I will try it! (as long as it helps their shells to crack on landing)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Mrs cloudy

pest and disease control

HelloI thought that this site might be useful. It is a fairly comprehensive list of comon pests and diseases and how to deal with them. I liked it because it gives lots of space to...
    HelloI thought that this site might be useful. It is a fairly comprehensive list of comon pests and diseases and how to deal with them. I liked it because it gives lots of space to environmentally friendly alternative as well as suggesting chemical controls. It also has lots of pictures...
    HelloI thought that this site might be useful. It is a fairly comprehensive list of comon pests and diseases and how to deal with them. I liked it because it gives lots of space to environmentally friendly alternative as well as suggesting...
    HelloI thought that this site might be useful. It is a fairly comprehensive list of comon pests and diseases and how to deal with them. I liked it because it gives lots of space to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. dalbuie

invasion

Help we have been invaded by swarms of insects, they look like jet black mosquitos. A friend said that they were called robber flys but I have never heard of them or seen them before they are...
    Help we have been invaded by swarms of insects, they look like jet black mosquitos. A friend said that they were called robber flys but I have never heard of them or seen them before they are everywhere.They don't seem to bite but they are orrible, anyone heard of them :(
    Help we have been invaded by swarms of insects, they look like jet black mosquitos. A friend said that they were called robber flys but I have never heard of them or seen them before they are everywhere.They don't seem to bite but they are...
    Help we have been invaded by swarms of insects, they look like jet black mosquitos. A friend said that they were called robber flys but I have never heard of them or seen them before they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Honeysuckle

Aphid

Thanks for the washing-up liquid cure. I've done it, and now my honey-suckle is covered in DEAD aphid ha ha ha ha ha!! I did find a ladybird and put her on but I haven't seen her since.
    Thanks for the washing-up liquid cure. I've done it, and now my honey-suckle is covered in DEAD aphid ha ha ha ha ha!! I did find a ladybird and put her on but I haven't seen her since.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. slugbug

Hungry caterpillar

OH no I have already sprayed it WOOPS!!Yes Steve it is an upright flowering cherry thanks for the correct spelling.I have lots of garden books but didnt have time to look it up. I think this is...
    OH no I have already sprayed it WOOPS!!Yes Steve it is an upright flowering cherry thanks for the correct spelling.I have lots of garden books but didnt have time to look it up. I think this is a great usfeul site for a busy mum like me. Must log off and get some sleep as on duty tonight and...
    OH no I have already sprayed it WOOPS!!Yes Steve it is an upright flowering cherry thanks for the correct spelling.I have lots of garden books but didnt have time to look it up. I think this is a great usfeul site for a busy mum like me. Must...
    OH no I have already sprayed it WOOPS!!Yes Steve it is an upright flowering cherry thanks for the correct spelling.I have lots of garden books but didnt have time to look it up. I think this is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Will Dunkerley

Honey Fungus

Bayleaf,this is what you wrote on March 23rd :-Hope I'm not too late with this one. Armillatox has been banned for use as a fungicide, the manufacturers, rather than withdraw sales, have...
    Bayleaf,this is what you wrote on March 23rd :-Hope I'm not too late with this one. Armillatox has been banned for use as a fungicide, the manufacturers, rather than withdraw sales, have simply re-labelled it for another use. The active ingredients (tar acids) are known carcinogens;...
    Bayleaf,this is what you wrote on March 23rd :-Hope I'm not too late with this one. Armillatox has been banned for use as a fungicide, the manufacturers, rather than withdraw sales, have simply re-labelled it for another use. The active...
    Bayleaf,this is what you wrote on March 23rd :-Hope I'm not too late with this one. Armillatox has been banned for use as a fungicide, the manufacturers, rather than withdraw sales, have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. paul

bloomin' starlings

hi pete,the little devils are pulling all the new tender shoots off the main stems,they seem to be doing it to a hand full of the new emerging annuals aswell.And that is why i came on to thank the...
    hi pete,the little devils are pulling all the new tender shoots off the main stems,they seem to be doing it to a hand full of the new emerging annuals aswell.And that is why i came on to thank the guys i placed come upturned bottles near the plants and an assault course of green canes and jute...
    hi pete,the little devils are pulling all the new tender shoots off the main stems,they seem to be doing it to a hand full of the new emerging annuals aswell.And that is why i came on to thank the guys i placed come upturned bottles near the...
    hi pete,the little devils are pulling all the new tender shoots off the main stems,they seem to be doing it to a hand full of the new emerging annuals aswell.And that is why i came on to thank the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Rosey

Grub alert

Thanks Rosemary, I havent tried to put any pictures on yet. I have read all the instructions its sounds difficult I must find time to work it all out.I need to pester my husband for the technical...
    Thanks Rosemary, I havent tried to put any pictures on yet. I have read all the instructions its sounds difficult I must find time to work it all out.I need to pester my husband for the technical side. Jacqui
    Thanks Rosemary, I havent tried to put any pictures on yet. I have read all the instructions its sounds difficult I must find time to work it all out.I need to pester my husband for the technical side. Jacqui
    Thanks Rosemary, I havent tried to put any pictures on yet. I have read all the instructions its sounds difficult I must find time to work it all out.I need to pester my husband for the technical...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. aqua

White dots on leaves

Im not sure it sounds like disease. Could it be scorch where water droplets have magnified the sun and burned little bits of the leaf?
    Im not sure it sounds like disease. Could it be scorch where water droplets have magnified the sun and burned little bits of the leaf?
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. ClassyLassie

Surviving Rabbits

Wow Steve - thanks - there is plenty choice there - and some of them I like too!Thanks againMairi
    Wow Steve - thanks - there is plenty choice there - and some of them I like too!Thanks againMairi
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. seedybee68

Stopping Slugs

Have you read the book '50 ways to kill a slug'? Very entertaining for those looking for new and novel ways of dispatching the critters. I saw it in the gift shop at the Alnwick Garden and just...
    Have you read the book '50 ways to kill a slug'? Very entertaining for those looking for new and novel ways of dispatching the critters. I saw it in the gift shop at the Alnwick Garden and just had to buy it for my mum who is an avid slug killer...
    Have you read the book '50 ways to kill a slug'? Very entertaining for those looking for new and novel ways of dispatching the critters. I saw it in the gift shop at the Alnwick Garden and just had to buy it for my mum who is an avid slug killer...
    Have you read the book '50 ways to kill a slug'? Very entertaining for those looking for new and novel ways of dispatching the critters. I saw it in the gift shop at the Alnwick Garden and just...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice