1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

Safe ways to deter Cats from your Garden Information only..

Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found. Garlic, in a spray, which contains garlic oil also...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found....
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kandy
    Like x 6

Lily Beetles and Larva...

Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

Did you know.... WASPS HATE PEPPERMINT..!!

Of my god, that's the first time I hear about this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley

Cat Deterrent Talk.? All post of this nature in this thread only.. Humane talk only please.!

That's got to have been the King Tom of the area! That's hilarious! :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley

An Organic Mite Control Spray for your Greenhouse..!!

Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly .....no sprays other than water for me on edible...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7.   » Normal Threads
  8. tjrundy

Yucca plant with no leaves!

I'd leave the old stem alone, it will sprout new growth when it ready, it could take a few months at this time of the year. In the meantime be careful not to over water, it will require very...
    I'd leave the old stem alone, it will sprout new growth when it ready, it could take a few months at this time of the year. In the meantime be careful not to over water, it will require very little and is probably best kept a bit dry.As to the cutting, I betting its not rooted yet, new...
    I'd leave the old stem alone, it will sprout new growth when it ready, it could take a few months at this time of the year. In the meantime be careful not to over water, it will require very little and is probably best kept a bit dry.As to...
    I'd leave the old stem alone, it will sprout new growth when it ready, it could take a few months at this time of the year. In the meantime be careful not to over water, it will require very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. rosebay

Young shoots half eaten...prune back?

fThank you @Lolimac my friend I'm sure that our good friend @Spruce really meant B old probably just a typing error:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    fThank you @Lolimac my friend I'm sure that our good friend @Spruce really meant B old probably just a typing error:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Ariadae

Yikes!sheep invaders

"Shall I make them a nice pot of tea to go with that Dear?"
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Markb24

Yew hedging issue

I think they look fineBecause they were rootballed the roots won't have ventured far, yet. The soil in the rootball is probably very different to yours (and they may have been severely...
    I think they look fineBecause they were rootballed the roots won't have ventured far, yet. The soil in the rootball is probably very different to yours (and they may have been severely root-pruned when the rootballiing was done). Therefore very important to get water into the original...
    I think they look fineBecause they were rootballed the roots won't have ventured far, yet. The soil in the rootball is probably very different to yours (and they may have been severely root-pruned when the rootballiing was done). Therefore...
    I think they look fineBecause they were rootballed the roots won't have ventured far, yet. The soil in the rootball is probably very different to yours (and they may have been severely...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. daveM

yew hedge disease?

Thanks to all for the replies. I'd post a picture but I cant see an obvious solution
    Thanks to all for the replies. I'd post a picture but I cant see an obvious solution
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. 1eyedjack
    Like x 4

Yet another slug/snail solution

What a beautifully-written post!:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. stony

yet another identifiacation please of a pest.

Wooly aphidsWoolly Aphids - description and control
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Victoria

Yellowing Yuccas

Got it in one .... I'm beautiful enough without it ...:rolleyes::D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Max6389

Yellowing on leaves

Ah, the people before did have a bird feeder here. It could be wheat. Thank you for your answers
    Ah, the people before did have a bird feeder here. It could be wheat. Thank you for your answers
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Victoria

Yellowing Leaves

Hi,sorry to hyjack but i`m having a similar problem with this climbing rose.The leaves are going yellow and also very brittle.Not all but dotted about including new leaves.I give it loads of water...
    Hi,sorry to hyjack but i`m having a similar problem with this climbing rose.The leaves are going yellow and also very brittle.Not all but dotted about including new leaves.I give it loads of water and recently some rose food.It doesn`t seem to have affected its growth as it`s already hit the...
    Hi,sorry to hyjack but i`m having a similar problem with this climbing rose.The leaves are going yellow and also very brittle.Not all but dotted about including new leaves.I give it loads of water and recently some rose food.It doesn`t seem to...
    Hi,sorry to hyjack but i`m having a similar problem with this climbing rose.The leaves are going yellow and also very brittle.Not all but dotted about including new leaves.I give it loads of water...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. stez

yellowing leaf

they've not been in that long (18 months) and went into pretty ****py ground (improved) i've popped some growmore round to little effect, i will dose them up with iron and a splash of trace...
    they've not been in that long (18 months) and went into pretty ****py ground (improved) i've popped some growmore round to little effect, i will dose them up with iron and a splash of trace elements. cheers lads
    they've not been in that long (18 months) and went into pretty ****py ground (improved) i've popped some growmore round to little effect, i will dose them up with iron and a splash of trace elements. cheers lads
    they've not been in that long (18 months) and went into pretty ****py ground (improved) i've popped some growmore round to little effect, i will dose them up with iron and a splash of trace...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. GC

Yellowing fatsia japonica ? why

Thanks for setting my mind at rest Jazid!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Lolimac

Yellowing Buxus....

You could perhaps put some plastic around the plant / container so that the rain runs off,rather than into, the container? That would prevent it getting any more wet in the winter. Or move them...
    You could perhaps put some plastic around the plant / container so that the rain runs off,rather than into, the container? That would prevent it getting any more wet in the winter. Or move them into garage / under carport / overhang (they'd need light periodically if in garage though, so that's...
    You could perhaps put some plastic around the plant / container so that the rain runs off,rather than into, the container? That would prevent it getting any more wet in the winter. Or move them into garage / under carport / overhang (they'd need...
    You could perhaps put some plastic around the plant / container so that the rain runs off,rather than into, the container? That would prevent it getting any more wet in the winter. Or move them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. paddy_rice

Yellowing bean plants

Yes, you are right Dai. I have fed my beans a good feed of Tomorite and hey presto they are back to a healthy green again and have their first blooms on them.
    Yes, you are right Dai. I have fed my beans a good feed of Tomorite and hey presto they are back to a healthy green again and have their first blooms on them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. beanie b12

Yellowing bay leaves.

I don't know what but something has ravaged the leaves on my bay tree. I planted it out last year. Hope it picks up this year.
    I don't know what but something has ravaged the leaves on my bay tree. I planted it out last year. Hope it picks up this year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Caroline33

Yellowing azalea woes

Growmore is a good general fertiliser around the garden and veg patch but you need something more specific as you have found out for your azalea ...
    Growmore is a good general fertiliser around the garden and veg patch but you need something more specific as you have found out for your azalea ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. stephenprudence

yellow spotting on Cordyline?

I think it's time to remove the dead Autumn leaves out of the crown :snork: yes from a distance it's not noticeable, but if it doesn't kill it I'll get something to treat potential fungus/bacteria come...
    I think it's time to remove the dead Autumn leaves out of the crown :snork: yes from a distance it's not noticeable, but if it doesn't kill it I'll get something to treat potential fungus/bacteria come spring.
    I think it's time to remove the dead Autumn leaves out of the crown :snork: yes from a distance it's not noticeable, but if it doesn't kill it I'll get something to treat potential fungus/bacteria come spring.
    I think it's time to remove the dead Autumn leaves out of the crown :snork: yes from a distance it's not noticeable, but if it doesn't kill it I'll get something to treat potential fungus/bacteria come...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. acather96

Yellow spots on Royal Purple leaves

Yep, after further research it looks like it definitely is autumn colours. Thanks very much guys :)
    Yep, after further research it looks like it definitely is autumn colours. Thanks very much guys :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Rouxbee

Yellow spots

Then all of a sudden, the plant dies, along with 2 reputations.:D:D Only joking Ruby, it IS scorch.:thumb:
    Then all of a sudden, the plant dies, along with 2 reputations.:D:D Only joking Ruby, it IS scorch.:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. gally

yellow powder stuff on my weeping willow

yes its exactly the same thank you very much what a great site!!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice