What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. noisette47

Reliable Seed Suppliers

I've now got a cart at Plantworld Seeds (UK) . They do ship to Canada so that looks like my best bet so far. :scratch:
    I've now got a cart at Plantworld Seeds (UK) . They do ship to Canada so that looks like my best bet so far. :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Aidan mc

UK seed suppliers (delivering to NI)

I cant read all that can you just sum up what it says.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. JWK

Seed sowing 2024

Don't do that, seedlings need to gather all the sun's energy they can so taking off any leaves is a bad idea. Even when the cotyledons start to yellow leave them on as the plant recovers nutrients...
    Don't do that, seedlings need to gather all the sun's energy they can so taking off any leaves is a bad idea. Even when the cotyledons start to yellow leave them on as the plant recovers nutrients back from them.
    Don't do that, seedlings need to gather all the sun's energy they can so taking off any leaves is a bad idea. Even when the cotyledons start to yellow leave them on as the plant recovers nutrients back from them.
    Don't do that, seedlings need to gather all the sun's energy they can so taking off any leaves is a bad idea. Even when the cotyledons start to yellow leave them on as the plant recovers nutrients...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. Folly Mon

when to start seeds??

Folly mon - what seeds are you sowing? As Clueless touched upon, there are a surprising number that appreciate/need a period of cold stratification and these could be sown now and placed in the...
    Folly mon - what seeds are you sowing? As Clueless touched upon, there are a surprising number that appreciate/need a period of cold stratification and these could be sown now and placed in the fridge. I have recently placed some Mecanopsis in the fridge and they will be there until the end of...
    Folly mon - what seeds are you sowing? As Clueless touched upon, there are a surprising number that appreciate/need a period of cold stratification and these could be sown now and placed in the fridge. I have recently placed some Mecanopsis in...
    Folly mon - what seeds are you sowing? As Clueless touched upon, there are a surprising number that appreciate/need a period of cold stratification and these could be sown now and placed in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. cymro

lupinus arboreus

It's an old thread, but I just ordered a bulk of seeds, tree lupin being one of them. I'm really happy it requires 'no special treatment'. I will need to return here for reference, however. :thumbsup:
    It's an old thread, but I just ordered a bulk of seeds, tree lupin being one of them. I'm really happy it requires 'no special treatment'. I will need to return here for reference, however. :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. rustyroots

Small plot

Grow your courgettes up a tripod of canes. They need tieying in every so often, but the fruits are easy to see and it saves valuable space. I should concentrate on quick maturing and 'cut and...
    Grow your courgettes up a tripod of canes. They need tieying in every so often, but the fruits are easy to see and it saves valuable space. I should concentrate on quick maturing and 'cut and come again' veggies. Cheers, Tony.
    Grow your courgettes up a tripod of canes. They need tieying in every so often, but the fruits are easy to see and it saves valuable space. I should concentrate on quick maturing and 'cut and come again' veggies. Cheers, Tony.
    Grow your courgettes up a tripod of canes. They need tieying in every so often, but the fruits are easy to see and it saves valuable space. I should concentrate on quick maturing and 'cut and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. cbu183

ficus religiosa

We seem to have two threads running on this subject.Ficus religiosa - Gardener's Corner - the only Gardening forum you will ever needCan the mods merge them please:thumbsup:
    We seem to have two threads running on this subject.Ficus religiosa - Gardener's Corner - the only Gardening forum you will ever needCan the mods merge them please:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Thomas coomber

Propagation problems

Some thoughts: Water from the bottom, not the top. Use tap water, not rain (Rain water will be fine/better once the seedlings are under way) Perhaps cover the seeds (initially) with...
    Some thoughts: Water from the bottom, not the top. Use tap water, not rain (Rain water will be fine/better once the seedlings are under way) Perhaps cover the seeds (initially) with Vermiculite, rather than compost Maybe mix some Perlite /sharp sand / etc. in with the seed compost - if...
    Some thoughts: Water from the bottom, not the top. Use tap water, not rain (Rain water will be fine/better once the seedlings are under way) Perhaps cover the seeds (initially) with Vermiculite, rather than compost Maybe mix some Perlite...
    Some thoughts: Water from the bottom, not the top. Use tap water, not rain (Rain water will be fine/better once the seedlings are under way) Perhaps cover the seeds (initially) with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Bilbo675
    Like x 3

Latest Cutting Success

I think most say that the rooting hormone properties of gels and powders decrease after a year, it won't do any harm but may be less affective....:)
    I think most say that the rooting hormone properties of gels and powders decrease after a year, it won't do any harm but may be less affective....:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. james swann

what 's the best unheated propagator you've used?

I have never bought an unheated propagator as such. I have always bought seed trays at £1 or less, and seperate transparent tops for £1. I have 20 or more of these combinations, but they have...
    I have never bought an unheated propagator as such. I have always bought seed trays at £1 or less, and seperate transparent tops for £1. I have 20 or more of these combinations, but they have never cost more than £2 each. The tops don't have vents which makes them cheaper - so what. If you want...
    I have never bought an unheated propagator as such. I have always bought seed trays at £1 or less, and seperate transparent tops for £1. I have 20 or more of these combinations, but they have never cost more than £2 each. The tops don't have...
    I have never bought an unheated propagator as such. I have always bought seed trays at £1 or less, and seperate transparent tops for £1. I have 20 or more of these combinations, but they have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. sal73

Laburnum from cutting

I grafted onto a self sown seedling in my front garden. Strange in that it split at ground level into two quite strong shoots about about four ft high, I grafted one bud onto each stem at about...
    I grafted onto a self sown seedling in my front garden. Strange in that it split at ground level into two quite strong shoots about about four ft high, I grafted one bud onto each stem at about 3ft 6ins, and twisted one stem around the other and bound them tight. The two bulges in the trunk...
    I grafted onto a self sown seedling in my front garden. Strange in that it split at ground level into two quite strong shoots about about four ft high, I grafted one bud onto each stem at about 3ft 6ins, and twisted one stem around the other and...
    I grafted onto a self sown seedling in my front garden. Strange in that it split at ground level into two quite strong shoots about about four ft high, I grafted one bud onto each stem at about...
    May 12 104.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Kristen

Propagating Ipomoea batatas

Magic power? Grafting :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Kristen

Bluebells from Seed ?

Absolutely. I'm sure the kids would love it too.:) As long as they don't eat them. :eeew: :runforhills:
    Absolutely. I'm sure the kids would love it too.:) As long as they don't eat them. :eeew: :runforhills:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. HarryS

The Best Pansy Planting Time

HarryS, I think it best to plant violas as isolated plants....as singles. To mulch and feed well and to split when flowering is beginning to go over. I then pot them up and cut hard back and...
    HarryS, I think it best to plant violas as isolated plants....as singles. To mulch and feed well and to split when flowering is beginning to go over. I then pot them up and cut hard back and plant out again when strong new growth occurs
    HarryS, I think it best to plant violas as isolated plants....as singles. To mulch and feed well and to split when flowering is beginning to go over. I then pot them up and cut hard back and plant out again when strong new growth occurs
    HarryS, I think it best to plant violas as isolated plants....as singles. To mulch and feed well and to split when flowering is beginning to go over. I then pot them up and cut hard back and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. trogre

Growing on Seedlings

I think I would have thought that until I had one .... bit like Central Locking, I didn't know what a benefit it was until I had a car that had it ... :)
    I think I would have thought that until I had one .... bit like Central Locking, I didn't know what a benefit it was until I had a car that had it ... :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. liliana

What seeds do you sow in January?

I've set off a total of 80 correopsis seeds yesterday in my new grow box.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Bilbo675
    Like x 8

More Hellebore Seedlings..

Grandmother and eggs come to mind. Sorry, but I was sent some seedlings last year and they had been so badly packed and had dried out, so they did not survive.
    Grandmother and eggs come to mind. Sorry, but I was sent some seedlings last year and they had been so badly packed and had dried out, so they did not survive.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Fat Controller

Sowing plan

Wow, I'm impressed at the organisation!!! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Steve R

Soil warming cable - Propogator

Thanks, TG Your greenhouse and propagator is a bit reminiscent of mine. But yours is much neater! I like your explanation so thanks very much. :dbgrtmb: The cable I have in mine is laid out...
    Thanks, TG Your greenhouse and propagator is a bit reminiscent of mine. But yours is much neater! I like your explanation so thanks very much. :dbgrtmb: The cable I have in mine is laid out with no more than about an inch between the runs of cable so there are no 'hot spots'. The heat is...
    Thanks, TG Your greenhouse and propagator is a bit reminiscent of mine. But yours is much neater! I like your explanation so thanks very much. :dbgrtmb: The cable I have in mine is laid out with no more than about an inch between the runs of...
    Thanks, TG Your greenhouse and propagator is a bit reminiscent of mine. But yours is much neater! I like your explanation so thanks very much. :dbgrtmb: The cable I have in mine is laid out...
    P1180849.JPG GH 130109 (1).jpg P1110660.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Julie D

Seed advice!!!

Thanks again everyone for their feedback, advice and for making feel at home.I should mention I have heard the stories about growing rhubarb from seed but like to learn from my own e perience. ...
    Thanks again everyone for their feedback, advice and for making feel at home.I should mention I have heard the stories about growing rhubarb from seed but like to learn from my own e perience. Last year I grew 4 varieties from seed but didnt sow until mid summer. The plants grew very well...
    Thanks again everyone for their feedback, advice and for making feel at home.I should mention I have heard the stories about growing rhubarb from seed but like to learn from my own e perience. Last year I grew 4 varieties from seed but didnt...
    Thanks again everyone for their feedback, advice and for making feel at home.I should mention I have heard the stories about growing rhubarb from seed but like to learn from my own e perience. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. "M"

Growing seeds without a greenhouse or "heated" propagator?

True! .....and not much light either ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. "M"
    Like x 4

My experiment with "cuttings" (and a question or three)

Yes, that's where they got the name. The salicylic acid is derived from the bark of the willow and used quite a bit in skin care products. Commercial aspirin is Acetylsalicylic Acid. Also...
    Yes, that's where they got the name. The salicylic acid is derived from the bark of the willow and used quite a bit in skin care products. Commercial aspirin is Acetylsalicylic Acid. Also originating from the willow. In days of yore (actually, days of mine :heehee: ) the herbalists/witchdoctors...
    Yes, that's where they got the name. The salicylic acid is derived from the bark of the willow and used quite a bit in skin care products. Commercial aspirin is Acetylsalicylic Acid. Also originating from the willow. In days of yore...
    Yes, that's where they got the name. The salicylic acid is derived from the bark of the willow and used quite a bit in skin care products. Commercial aspirin is Acetylsalicylic Acid. Also...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. kyleleonard

Best time/way to divide Heuchera?

Hey if it works for you thats all that matters, "Stuff" made me laugh and the day I have had in work I needed a that . Spruce
    Hey if it works for you thats all that matters, "Stuff" made me laugh and the day I have had in work I needed a that . Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice