1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title ↑
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. noisette47

Reliable Seed Suppliers

I've now got a cart at Plantworld Seeds (UK) . They do ship to Canada so that looks like my best bet so far. :scratch:
    I've now got a cart at Plantworld Seeds (UK) . They do ship to Canada so that looks like my best bet so far. :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. JWK

Seed sowing 2024

Don't do that, seedlings need to gather all the sun's energy they can so taking off any leaves is a bad idea. Even when the cotyledons start to yellow leave them on as the plant recovers nutrients...
    Don't do that, seedlings need to gather all the sun's energy they can so taking off any leaves is a bad idea. Even when the cotyledons start to yellow leave them on as the plant recovers nutrients back from them.
    Don't do that, seedlings need to gather all the sun's energy they can so taking off any leaves is a bad idea. Even when the cotyledons start to yellow leave them on as the plant recovers nutrients back from them.
    Don't do that, seedlings need to gather all the sun's energy they can so taking off any leaves is a bad idea. Even when the cotyledons start to yellow leave them on as the plant recovers nutrients...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Aidan mc

UK seed suppliers (delivering to NI)

I cant read all that can you just sum up what it says.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. Sheal

A 'false' winter

Never apologise for your own tastes!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Scotkat

A big ask donation of Evergreen Clematis cuttings

Please wanted for the walled garden restoration project of Glamis Castle. Is there anyone who would like to donate. Pm if you would .
    Please wanted for the walled garden restoration project of Glamis Castle. Is there anyone who would like to donate. Pm if you would .
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. stephenprudence

A little worried regarding seeds

How about: just like the movies: "There is trouble ahead, take the kids and stay with your sister for a few weeks" :heehee: :heehee: :heehee:
    How about: just like the movies: "There is trouble ahead, take the kids and stay with your sister for a few weeks" :heehee: :heehee: :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Phil A
    Like x 3

A Mushroom has come

Not these is it? :whistle:
    Tissues.jpg upload_2014-1-24_23-36-42.jpeg upload_2014-1-24_23-37-1.jpeg upload_2014-1-24_23-37-46.jpeg upload_2014-1-24_23-38-43.jpeg IMG_4386.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. miraflores

a new system to water the seedlings

Take a pressure sprayer, charge it, somehow position it on the top/side of the pots to spray,hold the lever down with a strong elastic and have a drink whilst your seedlings enjoy the watering....
    Take a pressure sprayer, charge it, somehow position it on the top/side of the pots to spray,hold the lever down with a strong elastic and have a drink whilst your seedlings enjoy the watering....
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sheal
    Like x 4

A novel way to grow a pine

Congratulations to your sister. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Outlander

Acer seeds

Thanks @pete , I wasn't sure about that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. westwales

Agapanthus from seed

Exactly the way that I do Galtonia seeds which is another SA member of the Hyacinthaceae family.
    Exactly the way that I do Galtonia seeds which is another SA member of the Hyacinthaceae family.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. noisette47

Agapanthus root cuttings

?? dont know with that one Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Scrungee

Air layering Bay Tree

No, because the tree is already half a barrel height above ground level. I'd need on pot resting on stepladders to get a suitable branch end into it (which I think would be classed as air layering).
    No, because the tree is already half a barrel height above ground level. I'd need on pot resting on stepladders to get a suitable branch end into it (which I think would be classed as air layering).
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. thriftybri

Alsroemeria seeds

thanks for the info
    thanks for the info
    thanks for the info
    thanks for the info
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Sheal

Am I the April Fool.......

I don't suppose there is any chance that anyone has a rooted cutting of Hicote Giant is there? Been after that for some time ...
    I don't suppose there is any chance that anyone has a rooted cutting of Hicote Giant is there? Been after that for some time ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Noushynoo

Are these ready to repot?

See, that's what's great about being on here. Every single seed packet says to pot on 'when they're big enough to handle'. None ever mention when the true leaves arrive (or what they are) or that...
    See, that's what's great about being on here. Every single seed packet says to pot on 'when they're big enough to handle'. None ever mention when the true leaves arrive (or what they are) or that what might be ok for me to handle with small nimble fingers might not be ok for someone else, or as...
    See, that's what's great about being on here. Every single seed packet says to pot on 'when they're big enough to handle'. None ever mention when the true leaves arrive (or what they are) or that what might be ok for me to handle with small...
    See, that's what's great about being on here. Every single seed packet says to pot on 'when they're big enough to handle'. None ever mention when the true leaves arrive (or what they are) or that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Lorea

Astrantia from seed

I use MP compost from Leroy Merlin, mixed with a bit of sharp sand. They have different prices, so not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. I did have some last year which was well...
    I use MP compost from Leroy Merlin, mixed with a bit of sharp sand. They have different prices, so not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. I did have some last year which was well dodgy - after watering, the stuff which came out of the bottom of the pots looked like tea! All the...
    I use MP compost from Leroy Merlin, mixed with a bit of sharp sand. They have different prices, so not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. I did have some last year which was well dodgy - after watering, the stuff which came out of...
    I use MP compost from Leroy Merlin, mixed with a bit of sharp sand. They have different prices, so not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. I did have some last year which was well...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. nijinski

azalea cuttings

very grateful for your help cj thanks. regards nijinski
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Barders

Baby Geranium pants - What did I do to them (by accident!) please?

Arh....:whistle: I think I probably overwater everything, so will rein that back as well as keeping them in a more constant temperature until they are bigger.Thank you again Freddy, really helpful :love30:
    Arh....:whistle: I think I probably overwater everything, so will rein that back as well as keeping them in a more constant temperature until they are bigger.Thank you again Freddy, really helpful :love30:
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Flumpy

Bacopa

Yes, sorry I spelt it wrong, I won’t plant them yet then, I’ll put them in my greenhouse as I think my house is a bit too warm. Thanks for getting back to me :dbgrtmb:
    Yes, sorry I spelt it wrong, I won’t plant them yet then, I’ll put them in my greenhouse as I think my house is a bit too warm. Thanks for getting back to me :dbgrtmb:
    20190407_174213.jpg 7C1266F7-4885-4A96-9036-5DBCEFCCFFE6.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. nijinski

begonia cuttings

Just what I was looking for :thumbsup::ThankYou: @HarryS & @JWK :cmonhug:
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. kyleleonard

Best time/way to divide Heuchera?

Hey if it works for you thats all that matters, "Stuff" made me laugh and the day I have had in work I needed a that . Spruce
    Hey if it works for you thats all that matters, "Stuff" made me laugh and the day I have had in work I needed a that . Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. IceColdRum
    Like x 3

Big Sunflowers

Some of mine have started to come up now :) the giants seem to be slow starters though here are some photos of 'Firecracker' an F1 variety I got in a seed swap so I've no idea what will come up and...
    Some of mine have started to come up now :) the giants seem to be slow starters though here are some photos of 'Firecracker' an F1 variety I got in a seed swap so I've no idea what will come up and also the starting of 'Mongolian Giant'Sent on the go from my telephone
    Some of mine have started to come up now :) the giants seem to be slow starters though here are some photos of 'Firecracker' an F1 variety I got in a seed swap so I've no idea what will come up and also the starting of 'Mongolian Giant'Sent...
    Some of mine have started to come up now :) the giants seem to be slow starters though here are some photos of 'Firecracker' an F1 variety I got in a seed swap so I've no idea what will come up and...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice