1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Michael Hewett

Cyclamen coum

I agree, they're so pretty. Can't wait to see mine flowering!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. earlydaze
    Informative x 9

Cuttings that root in water

Tomato cuttings must be pretty easy in water, I mean a lot of solanaceae will get going super easy, so why not toms? I'll give it a go if I remember
    Tomato cuttings must be pretty easy in water, I mean a lot of solanaceae will get going super easy, so why not toms? I'll give it a go if I remember
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Monica63

Cuttings from Red Robin Laurel?

I just did this with laurel. A lot cruder though!! Trimmed a hedge and cut some of the clippings above leaf joint took some of the leaves off. Stuck 100 of them in the ground fingers crossed a few...
    I just did this with laurel. A lot cruder though!! Trimmed a hedge and cut some of the clippings above leaf joint took some of the leaves off. Stuck 100 of them in the ground fingers crossed a few will grow. If not..... Oh well..... No harm. will do the same in Autumn when I trim it again...
    I just did this with laurel. A lot cruder though!! Trimmed a hedge and cut some of the clippings above leaf joint took some of the leaves off. Stuck 100 of them in the ground fingers crossed a few will grow. If not..... Oh well..... No harm. ...
    I just did this with laurel. A lot cruder though!! Trimmed a hedge and cut some of the clippings above leaf joint took some of the leaves off. Stuck 100 of them in the ground fingers crossed a few...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Snorky85

Cuttings - What am I doing wrong?

That's all that mattersSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kristen

Cuttings - Late Starting this Year

Its meant to increase the chances of rooting tricky shrubs and trees. You slice through the stem of the potential cutting just above the bottom nodes, then insert cocktail stick or toothpick to...
    Its meant to increase the chances of rooting tricky shrubs and trees. You slice through the stem of the potential cutting just above the bottom nodes, then insert cocktail stick or toothpick to hold the cut open. It let's a callous form before removing the cutting, which is done in October or...
    Its meant to increase the chances of rooting tricky shrubs and trees. You slice through the stem of the potential cutting just above the bottom nodes, then insert cocktail stick or toothpick to hold the cut open. It let's a callous form before...
    Its meant to increase the chances of rooting tricky shrubs and trees. You slice through the stem of the potential cutting just above the bottom nodes, then insert cocktail stick or toothpick to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Jiffy

Cuttings

Thank you, Lolimac and Pamsdish @Lolimac,Cuttings are Forsythia,Viburnum tinus And a Choisya, the Choisya got a lot of wind damage and the root ball is bad so i got so cutting a few weeks back...
    Thank you, Lolimac and Pamsdish @Lolimac,Cuttings are Forsythia,Viburnum tinus And a Choisya, the Choisya got a lot of wind damage and the root ball is bad so i got so cutting a few weeks back just in case it may died ie: 10 per pot, so if i know it will be about, say 10 weeks for them to put...
    Thank you, Lolimac and Pamsdish @Lolimac,Cuttings are Forsythia,Viburnum tinus And a Choisya, the Choisya got a lot of wind damage and the root ball is bad so i got so cutting a few weeks back just in case it may died ie: 10 per pot, so if i know...
    Thank you, Lolimac and Pamsdish @Lolimac,Cuttings are Forsythia,Viburnum tinus And a Choisya, the Choisya got a lot of wind damage and the root ball is bad so i got so cutting a few weeks back...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Michael Hewett
    Like x 6

Cuttings

We've just had a dozen Wisteria seedlings pop up :dbgrtmb:. We don't want another Wisteria :doh:
    We've just had a dozen Wisteria seedlings pop up :dbgrtmb:. We don't want another Wisteria :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Michael Hewett

Cuttings

And I thought you meant the 1792 renovation. :old:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Hairy Gardener

Cuttings

Cuttings taken in September, in the main, I would be inclined to leave in the original pot until next year. Potting on means they will have minimal root, for the pot size, and a risk that they...
    Cuttings taken in September, in the main, I would be inclined to leave in the original pot until next year. Potting on means they will have minimal root, for the pot size, and a risk that they cannot easily handle the amount of water that the pot can hold - meaning that they run the risk of...
    Cuttings taken in September, in the main, I would be inclined to leave in the original pot until next year. Potting on means they will have minimal root, for the pot size, and a risk that they cannot easily handle the amount of water that the...
    Cuttings taken in September, in the main, I would be inclined to leave in the original pot until next year. Potting on means they will have minimal root, for the pot size, and a risk that they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. DomCraig

Cool Wave trailing Pansies.

I've grown both summer and winter pansies and not excluded light but did keep them out of direct sunlight until they were almost ready to plant out.
    I've grown both summer and winter pansies and not excluded light but did keep them out of direct sunlight until they were almost ready to plant out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. zappamusic2010

Collecting Himalayan Blue Poppy Seeds

The seed looks perfect Zappa! It's amazing how many the pods hold. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. enchanté jardinier
    Like x 5

Cold Stratification Method - My Experiment !

I know this is a popular method, but it has never worked for me. I find that using filter paper / kitchen towel I can never get the air / moisture balance correct. Its far too easy to have too...
    I know this is a popular method, but it has never worked for me. I find that using filter paper / kitchen towel I can never get the air / moisture balance correct. Its far too easy to have too much water / not enough air. Personally I much prefer to use a couple of teaspoons of damp vermiculite...
    I know this is a popular method, but it has never worked for me. I find that using filter paper / kitchen towel I can never get the air / moisture balance correct. Its far too easy to have too much water / not enough air. Personally I much prefer...
    I know this is a popular method, but it has never worked for me. I find that using filter paper / kitchen towel I can never get the air / moisture balance correct. Its far too easy to have too...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. raebhoop

Clematis Montana cuttings

I see that he has Alstromeria psittacina. Ask about it next time that you're there - it's one that I really recommend.
    I see that he has Alstromeria psittacina. Ask about it next time that you're there - it's one that I really recommend.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. JWK

Clematis armandii propagation

Thanks @Spruce
    Thanks @Spruce
    Thanks @Spruce
    Thanks @Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ElaineTP

Chitting Potatoes

Although I like my seed spuds to sprout, I'm not as patient as them, they get planted when I want them planted......... it works!1st earlies in 2nd earlies in Maincrop inJust look out for late...
    Although I like my seed spuds to sprout, I'm not as patient as them, they get planted when I want them planted......... it works!1st earlies in 2nd earlies in Maincrop inJust look out for late frosts and be prepared to fleece/cover if necessary.
    Although I like my seed spuds to sprout, I'm not as patient as them, they get planted when I want them planted......... it works!1st earlies in 2nd earlies in Maincrop inJust look out for late frosts and be prepared to fleece/cover if necessary.
    Although I like my seed spuds to sprout, I'm not as patient as them, they get planted when I want them planted......... it works!1st earlies in 2nd earlies in Maincrop inJust look out for late...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Spruce

Chinese Lantern seeds but...

Aha! This thread reminds me .... I need to send a certain someone a PM!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Gay Gardener

Chiltern Seeds

I tend to agree with Madahhlia on this . I find Ebay very easy to search and purchase on , I seem to get the majority of my seeds from there now. I know lots on here like Chiltern seeds , but I...
    I tend to agree with Madahhlia on this . I find Ebay very easy to search and purchase on , I seem to get the majority of my seeds from there now. I know lots on here like Chiltern seeds , but I did find them high cost . Then again they do have a huge range of seeds.
    I tend to agree with Madahhlia on this . I find Ebay very easy to search and purchase on , I seem to get the majority of my seeds from there now. I know lots on here like Chiltern seeds , but I did find them high cost . Then again they do have a...
    I tend to agree with Madahhlia on this . I find Ebay very easy to search and purchase on , I seem to get the majority of my seeds from there now. I know lots on here like Chiltern seeds , but I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Wardy

Chilean Guava (Ugni Molinae)

Chilean guavas apparently used to be Queen Victoria's favourite fruit, so they grow well in the English climate and are hardy to about -10C.That's all I know as I haven't actually ever grown them...
    Chilean guavas apparently used to be Queen Victoria's favourite fruit, so they grow well in the English climate and are hardy to about -10C.That's all I know as I haven't actually ever grown them before.
    Chilean guavas apparently used to be Queen Victoria's favourite fruit, so they grow well in the English climate and are hardy to about -10C.That's all I know as I haven't actually ever grown them before.
    Chilean guavas apparently used to be Queen Victoria's favourite fruit, so they grow well in the English climate and are hardy to about -10C.That's all I know as I haven't actually ever grown them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sian in Belgium

Can verbena rigida be propagated by division?

Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide...
    Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide away tomorrow.:blue thumb:
    Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide away tomorrow.:blue thumb:
    Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. vbgr

Broad beans have now germinated

We are near the south coast Devon, but we have had quite a lot of frost last week with zero temperatures. No snow though. The wind chill has been pretty cold these last few days. At the moment...
    We are near the south coast Devon, but we have had quite a lot of frost last week with zero temperatures. No snow though. The wind chill has been pretty cold these last few days. At the moment it’s 6 degrees. Tonight we expect 2 o.V
    We are near the south coast Devon, but we have had quite a lot of frost last week with zero temperatures. No snow though. The wind chill has been pretty cold these last few days. At the moment it’s 6 degrees. Tonight we expect 2 o.V
    We are near the south coast Devon, but we have had quite a lot of frost last week with zero temperatures. No snow though. The wind chill has been pretty cold these last few days. At the moment...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice