1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. TaraMaiden
    Like x 4

Well I'll be Plumeria-ed....

...UPDATE:Well, all but two of the Plumeria seeds have sprouted, and once planted, have shot up considerably. Currently looking very healthy living on my West- and South-facing window sills, but...
    ...UPDATE:Well, all but two of the Plumeria seeds have sprouted, and once planted, have shot up considerably. Currently looking very healthy living on my West- and South-facing window sills, but the sunny blast we have been enjoying lately, seems to be taking a back seat at the moment, so the...
    ...UPDATE:Well, all but two of the Plumeria seeds have sprouted, and once planted, have shot up considerably. Currently looking very healthy living on my West- and South-facing window sills, but the sunny blast we have been enjoying lately,...
    ...UPDATE:Well, all but two of the Plumeria seeds have sprouted, and once planted, have shot up considerably. Currently looking very healthy living on my West- and South-facing window sills, but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. hydrogardener
    Like x 7

Tissue culture

Sorry, I do not have a link, but a search on eBay should produce them if they are still available. I saw them once when I was looking for only a few more. Try the 3M tape if you can't find them....
    Sorry, I do not have a link, but a search on eBay should produce them if they are still available. I saw them once when I was looking for only a few more. Try the 3M tape if you can't find them. That is what this is all about, doing it yourself and making do with what you have.
    Sorry, I do not have a link, but a search on eBay should produce them if they are still available. I saw them once when I was looking for only a few more. Try the 3M tape if you can't find them. That is what this is all about, doing it yourself...
    Sorry, I do not have a link, but a search on eBay should produce them if they are still available. I saw them once when I was looking for only a few more. Try the 3M tape if you can't find them....
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. longk

Germinating Pancratium maritimum seed

I'm shy about naming duds as it may be me that is at fault ... but there again I think the seed companies rely on that a bit.I grew about a dozen varieties of Delphinium last year. Identical...
    I'm shy about naming duds as it may be me that is at fault ... but there again I think the seed companies rely on that a bit.I grew about a dozen varieties of Delphinium last year. Identical mini seed trays, sown at the same time, side by side, chilled for several months over winter and then...
    I'm shy about naming duds as it may be me that is at fault ... but there again I think the seed companies rely on that a bit.I grew about a dozen varieties of Delphinium last year. Identical mini seed trays, sown at the same time, side by...
    I'm shy about naming duds as it may be me that is at fault ... but there again I think the seed companies rely on that a bit.I grew about a dozen varieties of Delphinium last year. Identical...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. earlydaze
    Informative x 9

Cuttings that root in water

Tomato cuttings must be pretty easy in water, I mean a lot of solanaceae will get going super easy, so why not toms? I'll give it a go if I remember
    Tomato cuttings must be pretty easy in water, I mean a lot of solanaceae will get going super easy, so why not toms? I'll give it a go if I remember
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Sheps

Red Valerian cuttings

It's a rampant self-sower here. Often the white form but I usually get some red and some that's more of a deep pink. I frequently pull some out when it appears in amongst other things.
    It's a rampant self-sower here. Often the white form but I usually get some red and some that's more of a deep pink. I frequently pull some out when it appears in amongst other things.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Fat Controller

Sowing plan

Wow, I'm impressed at the organisation!!! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Craigy16ed

Seeds sown a little bit early

My seedlings are at the 4 week mark and they were all doing really well but the leaves on some have recently started curling slightly and others look a bit crumpled. Is this normal at this age or...
    My seedlings are at the 4 week mark and they were all doing really well but the leaves on some have recently started curling slightly and others look a bit crumpled. Is this normal at this age or might I be doing something wrong?
    My seedlings are at the 4 week mark and they were all doing really well but the leaves on some have recently started curling slightly and others look a bit crumpled. Is this normal at this age or might I be doing something wrong?
    My seedlings are at the 4 week mark and they were all doing really well but the leaves on some have recently started curling slightly and others look a bit crumpled. Is this normal at this age or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kristen

Bluebells from Seed ?

Absolutely. I'm sure the kids would love it too.:) As long as they don't eat them. :eeew: :runforhills:
    Absolutely. I'm sure the kids would love it too.:) As long as they don't eat them. :eeew: :runforhills:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Sheal
    Like x 4

A novel way to grow a pine

Congratulations to your sister. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Wardy

Chilean Guava (Ugni Molinae)

Chilean guavas apparently used to be Queen Victoria's favourite fruit, so they grow well in the English climate and are hardy to about -10C.That's all I know as I haven't actually ever grown them...
    Chilean guavas apparently used to be Queen Victoria's favourite fruit, so they grow well in the English climate and are hardy to about -10C.That's all I know as I haven't actually ever grown them before.
    Chilean guavas apparently used to be Queen Victoria's favourite fruit, so they grow well in the English climate and are hardy to about -10C.That's all I know as I haven't actually ever grown them before.
    Chilean guavas apparently used to be Queen Victoria's favourite fruit, so they grow well in the English climate and are hardy to about -10C.That's all I know as I haven't actually ever grown them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. vbgr

Broad beans have now germinated

We are near the south coast Devon, but we have had quite a lot of frost last week with zero temperatures. No snow though. The wind chill has been pretty cold these last few days. At the moment...
    We are near the south coast Devon, but we have had quite a lot of frost last week with zero temperatures. No snow though. The wind chill has been pretty cold these last few days. At the moment it’s 6 degrees. Tonight we expect 2 o.V
    We are near the south coast Devon, but we have had quite a lot of frost last week with zero temperatures. No snow though. The wind chill has been pretty cold these last few days. At the moment it’s 6 degrees. Tonight we expect 2 o.V
    We are near the south coast Devon, but we have had quite a lot of frost last week with zero temperatures. No snow though. The wind chill has been pretty cold these last few days. At the moment...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. IceColdRum
    Like x 3

Seed Filing System?

Lynda, I always smile when people say they are jealous but believe me, although we love the TT and the life it brings to the island it's a two week nightmare. The road closures create havoc to our...
    Lynda, I always smile when people say they are jealous but believe me, although we love the TT and the life it brings to the island it's a two week nightmare. The road closures create havoc to our everyday lives and even worse if like me, you live on the course. We have to go through it all...
    Lynda, I always smile when people say they are jealous but believe me, although we love the TT and the life it brings to the island it's a two week nightmare. The road closures create havoc to our everyday lives and even worse if like me, you...
    Lynda, I always smile when people say they are jealous but believe me, although we love the TT and the life it brings to the island it's a two week nightmare. The road closures create havoc to our...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Julie D

Seed advice!!!

Thanks again everyone for their feedback, advice and for making feel at home.I should mention I have heard the stories about growing rhubarb from seed but like to learn from my own e perience. ...
    Thanks again everyone for their feedback, advice and for making feel at home.I should mention I have heard the stories about growing rhubarb from seed but like to learn from my own e perience. Last year I grew 4 varieties from seed but didnt sow until mid summer. The plants grew very well...
    Thanks again everyone for their feedback, advice and for making feel at home.I should mention I have heard the stories about growing rhubarb from seed but like to learn from my own e perience. Last year I grew 4 varieties from seed but didnt...
    Thanks again everyone for their feedback, advice and for making feel at home.I should mention I have heard the stories about growing rhubarb from seed but like to learn from my own e perience. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Howard Shaw

Trying to root Hydrangeas from cuttings in a water spray Propergator ?

:blue thumb:I have learnt a lot from the ones I have watched.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ARMANDII
    Funny x 9

NOW I KNOW I SOWED NICOTIANA

Oh, do come on, longk!!!,.........this me and gardening you're talking about:doh::hate-shocked::lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Oh, do come on, longk!!!,.........this me and gardening you're talking about:doh::hate-shocked::lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Lolimac
    Informative x 3

Geranium cuttings....

You will be safe as long as you are not a mollusc.....:whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Fat Controller

Seed sowing tools

FC , Longk has a good point above. As the germination rate is very low on Petunia seeds , it is probably not worthwhile to single seed sew in a multi cell tray. Mixing tiny seeds with silver sand...
    FC , Longk has a good point above. As the germination rate is very low on Petunia seeds , it is probably not worthwhile to single seed sew in a multi cell tray. Mixing tiny seeds with silver sand is a very good method , the link below shows very well how this is done , plus lots of other good...
    FC , Longk has a good point above. As the germination rate is very low on Petunia seeds , it is probably not worthwhile to single seed sew in a multi cell tray. Mixing tiny seeds with silver sand is a very good method , the link below shows very...
    FC , Longk has a good point above. As the germination rate is very low on Petunia seeds , it is probably not worthwhile to single seed sew in a multi cell tray. Mixing tiny seeds with silver sand...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Robajobs

Delphiniums from seed

Yes, I think they will germinate better if left "cool". I sow mine in the Winter, leave them in the unheated conservatory so they get plenty of cool / cold, and then as Winter draws to a close...
    Yes, I think they will germinate better if left "cool". I sow mine in the Winter, leave them in the unheated conservatory so they get plenty of cool / cold, and then as Winter draws to a close they germinate. I have had a couple of packets that have not germinated at all, but as all had...
    Yes, I think they will germinate better if left "cool". I sow mine in the Winter, leave them in the unheated conservatory so they get plenty of cool / cold, and then as Winter draws to a close they germinate. I have had a couple of packets that...
    Yes, I think they will germinate better if left "cool". I sow mine in the Winter, leave them in the unheated conservatory so they get plenty of cool / cold, and then as Winter draws to a close...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. noisette47

Agapanthus root cuttings

?? dont know with that one Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Snorky85

Cuttings - What am I doing wrong?

That's all that mattersSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice