Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. PeterJ

Looking after seedlings once germinated

@PeterJ it depends on what you are growing too. I tend to grow a lot of annuals so I am used to the pot shifting dance. By the time I am able to plant out them out, I usually have about 150 to 180...
    @PeterJ it depends on what you are growing too. I tend to grow a lot of annuals so I am used to the pot shifting dance. By the time I am able to plant out them out, I usually have about 150 to 180 little pots of annuals. Lots of running up and down the stairs.And I still buy more in the...
    @PeterJ it depends on what you are growing too. I tend to grow a lot of annuals so I am used to the pot shifting dance. By the time I am able to plant out them out, I usually have about 150 to 180 little pots of annuals. Lots of running up and...
    @PeterJ it depends on what you are growing too. I tend to grow a lot of annuals so I am used to the pot shifting dance. By the time I am able to plant out them out, I usually have about 150 to 180...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Fat Controller

Marigold germination

I plumped for the 15-cell trays in the end - 20 packs of 10, so 3000 plants worth assuming my maths is right. I'll post back when I get them regarding the quality :) Apologies for the poor...
    I plumped for the 15-cell trays in the end - 20 packs of 10, so 3000 plants worth assuming my maths is right. I'll post back when I get them regarding the quality :) Apologies for the poor quality of the picture, but if you look closely at the tray at the top of this image, that is the...
    I plumped for the 15-cell trays in the end - 20 packs of 10, so 3000 plants worth assuming my maths is right. I'll post back when I get them regarding the quality :) Apologies for the poor quality of the picture, but if you look closely at the...
    I plumped for the 15-cell trays in the end - 20 packs of 10, so 3000 plants worth assuming my maths is right. I'll post back when I get them regarding the quality :) Apologies for the poor...
    IMAG0218.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. nijinski

begonia cuttings

Just what I was looking for :thumbsup::ThankYou: @HarryS & @JWK :cmonhug:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. IceColdRum
    Like x 3

Seed Filing System?

Lynda, I always smile when people say they are jealous but believe me, although we love the TT and the life it brings to the island it's a two week nightmare. The road closures create havoc to our...
    Lynda, I always smile when people say they are jealous but believe me, although we love the TT and the life it brings to the island it's a two week nightmare. The road closures create havoc to our everyday lives and even worse if like me, you live on the course. We have to go through it all...
    Lynda, I always smile when people say they are jealous but believe me, although we love the TT and the life it brings to the island it's a two week nightmare. The road closures create havoc to our everyday lives and even worse if like me, you...
    Lynda, I always smile when people say they are jealous but believe me, although we love the TT and the life it brings to the island it's a two week nightmare. The road closures create havoc to our...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. cbu183

ficus religiosa

We seem to have two threads running on this subject.Ficus religiosa - Gardener's Corner - the only Gardening forum you will ever needCan the mods merge them please:thumbsup:
    We seem to have two threads running on this subject.Ficus religiosa - Gardener's Corner - the only Gardening forum you will ever needCan the mods merge them please:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Beckie76
    Like x 9

Front porch turns into nursery!

I find it best to be less specific "I'll move them out at the weekend" you might get away with another couple of weekends indoor growing :fingers crossed:
    I find it best to be less specific "I'll move them out at the weekend" you might get away with another couple of weekends indoor growing :fingers crossed:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. "M"

Is July a good time to take cuttings from these shrubs ...

Thanks "M". :) I wish I could put it in the garden but it can't cope with the wind.Yes, I would take younger growth Harry and take several as back-up. I wasn't successful with them. :doh:
    Thanks "M". :) I wish I could put it in the garden but it can't cope with the wind.Yes, I would take younger growth Harry and take several as back-up. I wasn't successful with them. :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. lolimac

Hydrangea Cuttings...

Thank you for all your replies.:dbgrtmb:I've yet to ask for the cuttings as every time I pass it's usually 6am whilst dog walking but you can be sure I will do.:thumbsup:
    Thank you for all your replies.:dbgrtmb:I've yet to ask for the cuttings as every time I pass it's usually 6am whilst dog walking but you can be sure I will do.:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Snorky85

Cuttings - What am I doing wrong?

That's all that mattersSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Michael Hewett

Cuttings

And I thought you meant the 1792 renovation. :old:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Kristen
    Like x 6

Lily Scaling

Tipped out the bags of lily scales in order to pot them up yesterday. Should have done it a while back as the roots were a bit matted ... I bought 5 lilies of each variety, and from each I...
    Tipped out the bags of lily scales in order to pot them up yesterday. Should have done it a while back as the roots were a bit matted ... I bought 5 lilies of each variety, and from each I took a couple of scales (could perhaps have taken more ...). I've potted up between 7 and 15 pots for...
    Tipped out the bags of lily scales in order to pot them up yesterday. Should have done it a while back as the roots were a bit matted ... I bought 5 lilies of each variety, and from each I took a couple of scales (could perhaps have taken...
    Tipped out the bags of lily scales in order to pot them up yesterday. Should have done it a while back as the roots were a bit matted ... I bought 5 lilies of each variety, and from each I...
    IMG_5856_LilyScaling.jpg IMG_5844_LilySeedlings.jpg IMG_5848_Holly.jpg DSC_0445.jpg IMG_6307_LilyScaling.jpg IMG_6306_LilyScaling.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Larkshall

Tomato cuttings

Chances are you would also over-winter a few pests and diseases as well. That's what's happened when I've over-wintered chilli plants, then in the spring they don't get away as fast as freshly...
    Chances are you would also over-winter a few pests and diseases as well. That's what's happened when I've over-wintered chilli plants, then in the spring they don't get away as fast as freshly sown seeds. I feel they are so easy to grow from seed there is little point giving them heat, light and...
    Chances are you would also over-winter a few pests and diseases as well. That's what's happened when I've over-wintered chilli plants, then in the spring they don't get away as fast as freshly sown seeds. I feel they are so easy to grow from seed...
    Chances are you would also over-winter a few pests and diseases as well. That's what's happened when I've over-wintered chilli plants, then in the spring they don't get away as fast as freshly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. james swann

what 's the best unheated propagator you've used?

I have never bought an unheated propagator as such. I have always bought seed trays at £1 or less, and seperate transparent tops for £1. I have 20 or more of these combinations, but they have...
    I have never bought an unheated propagator as such. I have always bought seed trays at £1 or less, and seperate transparent tops for £1. I have 20 or more of these combinations, but they have never cost more than £2 each. The tops don't have vents which makes them cheaper - so what. If you want...
    I have never bought an unheated propagator as such. I have always bought seed trays at £1 or less, and seperate transparent tops for £1. I have 20 or more of these combinations, but they have never cost more than £2 each. The tops don't have...
    I have never bought an unheated propagator as such. I have always bought seed trays at £1 or less, and seperate transparent tops for £1. I have 20 or more of these combinations, but they have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Snorky85

London Pride

Agree, and I did ... from Shineyland :hapydancsmil: My variegated London Pride from Shineyland is a sort after "wannabe" amongst my garden club friends: now I have a grow house, they stand a chance of a...
    Agree, and I did ... from Shineyland :hapydancsmil: My variegated London Pride from Shineyland is a sort after "wannabe" amongst my garden club friends: now I have a grow house, they stand a chance of a cutting (or half :th scifD36: ) They can have a whole one is they give a contribution to "the cause" ;) :heehee: :thumbsup:
    Agree, and I did ... from Shineyland :hapydancsmil: My variegated London Pride from Shineyland is a sort after "wannabe" amongst my garden club friends: now I have a grow house, they stand a chance of a cutting (or half :th scifD36: ) They can have a whole one is they...
    Agree, and I did ... from Shineyland :hapydancsmil: My variegated London Pride from Shineyland is a sort after "wannabe" amongst my garden club friends: now I have a grow house, they stand a chance of a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. vbgr

Broad beans have now germinated

We are near the south coast Devon, but we have had quite a lot of frost last week with zero temperatures. No snow though. The wind chill has been pretty cold these last few days. At the moment...
    We are near the south coast Devon, but we have had quite a lot of frost last week with zero temperatures. No snow though. The wind chill has been pretty cold these last few days. At the moment it’s 6 degrees. Tonight we expect 2 o.V
    We are near the south coast Devon, but we have had quite a lot of frost last week with zero temperatures. No snow though. The wind chill has been pretty cold these last few days. At the moment it’s 6 degrees. Tonight we expect 2 o.V
    We are near the south coast Devon, but we have had quite a lot of frost last week with zero temperatures. No snow though. The wind chill has been pretty cold these last few days. At the moment...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fat Controller

Sowing plan

Wow, I'm impressed at the organisation!!! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Nomi

Help! Seedlings dying

Welcome to GC Nomi. :) Unfortunately seed packet instructions are only guidelines. Starting seeds in February, unless they need a long germination period is pointless as the light is still so low...
    Welcome to GC Nomi. :) Unfortunately seed packet instructions are only guidelines. Starting seeds in February, unless they need a long germination period is pointless as the light is still so low and there's not enough daylight hours. This is why the seedlings grow leggy. I rarely start any seeds...
    Welcome to GC Nomi. :) Unfortunately seed packet instructions are only guidelines. Starting seeds in February, unless they need a long germination period is pointless as the light is still so low and there's not enough daylight hours. This is why...
    Welcome to GC Nomi. :) Unfortunately seed packet instructions are only guidelines. Starting seeds in February, unless they need a long germination period is pointless as the light is still so low...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Sian in Belgium

Can verbena rigida be propagated by division?

Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide...
    Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide away tomorrow.:blue thumb:
    Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide away tomorrow.:blue thumb:
    Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. TaraMaiden
    Like x 4

Well I'll be Plumeria-ed....

...UPDATE:Well, all but two of the Plumeria seeds have sprouted, and once planted, have shot up considerably. Currently looking very healthy living on my West- and South-facing window sills, but...
    ...UPDATE:Well, all but two of the Plumeria seeds have sprouted, and once planted, have shot up considerably. Currently looking very healthy living on my West- and South-facing window sills, but the sunny blast we have been enjoying lately, seems to be taking a back seat at the moment, so the...
    ...UPDATE:Well, all but two of the Plumeria seeds have sprouted, and once planted, have shot up considerably. Currently looking very healthy living on my West- and South-facing window sills, but the sunny blast we have been enjoying lately,...
    ...UPDATE:Well, all but two of the Plumeria seeds have sprouted, and once planted, have shot up considerably. Currently looking very healthy living on my West- and South-facing window sills, but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. mazambo

Blue Poppy

As your plants were sown last year and are not this year’s sowings, with this being the case then it should be fine to let the plants flower and yes you are definitely going to have flowers. Your...
    As your plants were sown last year and are not this year’s sowings, with this being the case then it should be fine to let the plants flower and yes you are definitely going to have flowers. Your plant looks reasonably big enough to survive flowering.@Perki is correct though, if the plants are...
    As your plants were sown last year and are not this year’s sowings, with this being the case then it should be fine to let the plants flower and yes you are definitely going to have flowers. Your plant looks reasonably big enough to survive...
    As your plants were sown last year and are not this year’s sowings, with this being the case then it should be fine to let the plants flower and yes you are definitely going to have flowers. Your...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice