1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Bigyouth

Growing curly willow from branches?

Yes, they can grow quite easily. :blue thumb: Just be aware that if you plant them in the garden, they can grow very quickly once they are well established and can become quite large.
    Yes, they can grow quite easily. :blue thumb: Just be aware that if you plant them in the garden, they can grow very quickly once they are well established and can become quite large.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Spruce

Golden Heart & Golden Child, Ivy best time to take cuttings

Hi All As the title states when is the best time to take cuttings, any tip or tricks compost etc as I need about 10 of each. Spruce
    Hi All As the title states when is the best time to take cuttings, any tip or tricks compost etc as I need about 10 of each. Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Alan16ac

Germinate Lupins?

Thats fine I can keep them in the greenhouse :) my others haven't flowered this year but I probably sowed them too late.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    Thats fine I can keep them in the greenhouse :) my others haven't flowered this year but I probably sowed them too late.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Kristen
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Coolsox

How long does Cobaea scandens take to flower from seed?

Thanks Vicky, first time I've grown them and I am impressed :), definitely be growing them again next year :dbgrtmb:
    Thanks Vicky, first time I've grown them and I am impressed :), definitely be growing them again next year :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. "M"
    Like x 3

Seed Collecting: 2013

I do pretty much the same as you, "M" except I like to use a paper bag if I have one available or even a roomy carrier bag. I've just harvested G psilostemon which tends to drop before I get to...
    I do pretty much the same as you, "M" except I like to use a paper bag if I have one available or even a roomy carrier bag. I've just harvested G psilostemon which tends to drop before I get to them so I've cut the whole stem down and left them upside down in the bag to dry off.
    I do pretty much the same as you, "M" except I like to use a paper bag if I have one available or even a roomy carrier bag. I've just harvested G psilostemon which tends to drop before I get to them so I've cut the whole stem down and left them...
    I do pretty much the same as you, "M" except I like to use a paper bag if I have one available or even a roomy carrier bag. I've just harvested G psilostemon which tends to drop before I get to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. clueless1

Sowing seed collected this year

If you sow them and leave the container outside (perhaps covered so you can control the moisture, and not let it "flood" :), then it will get warm autumn and cold winter, just like Mother nature. ...
    If you sow them and leave the container outside (perhaps covered so you can control the moisture, and not let it "flood" :), then it will get warm autumn and cold winter, just like Mother nature. I'd cover the compost with something to deter moss growth (in case they take a long time to...
    If you sow them and leave the container outside (perhaps covered so you can control the moisture, and not let it "flood" :), then it will get warm autumn and cold winter, just like Mother nature. I'd cover the compost with something to deter moss...
    If you sow them and leave the container outside (perhaps covered so you can control the moisture, and not let it "flood" :), then it will get warm autumn and cold winter, just like Mother nature. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. clueless1

Taking cuttings (in general)

I posted how I take cuttings in another thread: hopefully of some help :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Val..

Violas from seed

Think I'll go for that!!!! :thumbsup:Val
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Paul Blackburn

How to grow Soya beans

Hmm I did find this Paul hope it helps.. :SUNsmile:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Calum

What substrate to put with seeds when overseeding?

I use sand, just because I like sand and moss doesn't.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. miraflores

a new system to water the seedlings

Take a pressure sprayer, charge it, somehow position it on the top/side of the pots to spray,hold the lever down with a strong elastic and have a drink whilst your seedlings enjoy the watering....
    Take a pressure sprayer, charge it, somehow position it on the top/side of the pots to spray,hold the lever down with a strong elastic and have a drink whilst your seedlings enjoy the watering....
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. noksucow

lupin seeds

Just the stems below the seeds. If all your Lupins are finished you can cut them down to the ground and then let them sprout back up next year bigger and better.:snork:
    Just the stems below the seeds. If all your Lupins are finished you can cut them down to the ground and then let them sprout back up next year bigger and better.:snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Alan16ac

Direct Sow Delphinium

Thompson and Morgan say to direct sow my Delphinium seeds where I want them to flower, in September. Is this right in your experienced opinions lol? I'm scared of wasting my seed.
    Thompson and Morgan say to direct sow my Delphinium seeds where I want them to flower, in September. Is this right in your experienced opinions lol? I'm scared of wasting my seed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Fat Controller

Seed sowing tools

FC , Longk has a good point above. As the germination rate is very low on Petunia seeds , it is probably not worthwhile to single seed sew in a multi cell tray. Mixing tiny seeds with silver sand...
    FC , Longk has a good point above. As the germination rate is very low on Petunia seeds , it is probably not worthwhile to single seed sew in a multi cell tray. Mixing tiny seeds with silver sand is a very good method , the link below shows very well how this is done , plus lots of other good...
    FC , Longk has a good point above. As the germination rate is very low on Petunia seeds , it is probably not worthwhile to single seed sew in a multi cell tray. Mixing tiny seeds with silver sand is a very good method , the link below shows very...
    FC , Longk has a good point above. As the germination rate is very low on Petunia seeds , it is probably not worthwhile to single seed sew in a multi cell tray. Mixing tiny seeds with silver sand...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fat Controller

Tuber overwintering

Now that's what you call a Dahlia !!!! Up to 30 feet tall.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Larkshall

Tomato cuttings

Chances are you would also over-winter a few pests and diseases as well. That's what's happened when I've over-wintered chilli plants, then in the spring they don't get away as fast as freshly...
    Chances are you would also over-winter a few pests and diseases as well. That's what's happened when I've over-wintered chilli plants, then in the spring they don't get away as fast as freshly sown seeds. I feel they are so easy to grow from seed there is little point giving them heat, light and...
    Chances are you would also over-winter a few pests and diseases as well. That's what's happened when I've over-wintered chilli plants, then in the spring they don't get away as fast as freshly sown seeds. I feel they are so easy to grow from seed...
    Chances are you would also over-winter a few pests and diseases as well. That's what's happened when I've over-wintered chilli plants, then in the spring they don't get away as fast as freshly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Roeder1969
    Like x 3

Foxglove from seed

Photos of D.parviflora (reliably hardy) and D.lutea (untested hardiness wise as the first year) are here. PM me an address if they interest you. I also have seed for D. x mertonensis (Hairy...
    Photos of D.parviflora (reliably hardy) and D.lutea (untested hardiness wise as the first year) are here. PM me an address if they interest you. I also have seed for D. x mertonensis (Hairy Foxglove) which is in the same post.
    Photos of D.parviflora (reliably hardy) and D.lutea (untested hardiness wise as the first year) are here. PM me an address if they interest you. I also have seed for D. x mertonensis (Hairy Foxglove) which is in the same post.
    Photos of D.parviflora (reliably hardy) and D.lutea (untested hardiness wise as the first year) are here. PM me an address if they interest you. I also have seed for D. x mertonensis (Hairy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. nijinski

azalea cuttings

very grateful for your help cj thanks. regards nijinski
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Hairy Gardener

Cuttings

Cuttings taken in September, in the main, I would be inclined to leave in the original pot until next year. Potting on means they will have minimal root, for the pot size, and a risk that they...
    Cuttings taken in September, in the main, I would be inclined to leave in the original pot until next year. Potting on means they will have minimal root, for the pot size, and a risk that they cannot easily handle the amount of water that the pot can hold - meaning that they run the risk of...
    Cuttings taken in September, in the main, I would be inclined to leave in the original pot until next year. Potting on means they will have minimal root, for the pot size, and a risk that they cannot easily handle the amount of water that the...
    Cuttings taken in September, in the main, I would be inclined to leave in the original pot until next year. Potting on means they will have minimal root, for the pot size, and a risk that they...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice