1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. martious

Black Currant Propagation

I asked a similar question about half a year ago.Turns out black currant plants are nigh indestructible. Mine took about a month to develop a full root system. It now grows outside in the soil...
    I asked a similar question about half a year ago.Turns out black currant plants are nigh indestructible. Mine took about a month to develop a full root system. It now grows outside in the soil without any protection and seems to do great.Hopefully next year there will be the first berries...
    I asked a similar question about half a year ago.Turns out black currant plants are nigh indestructible. Mine took about a month to develop a full root system. It now grows outside in the soil without any protection and seems to do...
    I asked a similar question about half a year ago.Turns out black currant plants are nigh indestructible. Mine took about a month to develop a full root system. It now grows outside in the soil...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Barders

Secret to not getting clumps of seeds together please?

Thank you for the advice I collected quite a few trays with divided cells for bedding plants from last year, so will definitely sow the other packet of Lobelias into those. Great idea about the...
    Thank you for the advice I collected quite a few trays with divided cells for bedding plants from last year, so will definitely sow the other packet of Lobelias into those. Great idea about the spray bottle, I have a small one so will do that tomorrow, I was a bit worried about drowning them,...
    Thank you for the advice I collected quite a few trays with divided cells for bedding plants from last year, so will definitely sow the other packet of Lobelias into those. Great idea about the spray bottle, I have a small one so will do that...
    Thank you for the advice I collected quite a few trays with divided cells for bedding plants from last year, so will definitely sow the other packet of Lobelias into those. Great idea about the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. lolimac

Hydrangea Cuttings...

Thank you for all your replies.:dbgrtmb:I've yet to ask for the cuttings as every time I pass it's usually 6am whilst dog walking but you can be sure I will do.:thumbsup:
    Thank you for all your replies.:dbgrtmb:I've yet to ask for the cuttings as every time I pass it's usually 6am whilst dog walking but you can be sure I will do.:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. andrews

Sowing Because You Can

Oh! what a relief. I thought I was the only one with a problem. Yes, been there done that. Got the tee shirt. Perhaps some members used to smoke. I did. Yes I found it the hardest thing to...
    Oh! what a relief. I thought I was the only one with a problem. Yes, been there done that. Got the tee shirt. Perhaps some members used to smoke. I did. Yes I found it the hardest thing to give up. I managed it back in the 1980's thanks to a severe dose of shingles.Garden thankfully is...
    Oh! what a relief. I thought I was the only one with a problem. Yes, been there done that. Got the tee shirt. Perhaps some members used to smoke. I did. Yes I found it the hardest thing to give up. I managed it back in the 1980's thanks to...
    Oh! what a relief. I thought I was the only one with a problem. Yes, been there done that. Got the tee shirt. Perhaps some members used to smoke. I did. Yes I found it the hardest thing to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. "M"

Is July a good time to take cuttings from these shrubs ...

Thanks "M". :) I wish I could put it in the garden but it can't cope with the wind.Yes, I would take younger growth Harry and take several as back-up. I wasn't successful with them. :doh:
    Thanks "M". :) I wish I could put it in the garden but it can't cope with the wind.Yes, I would take younger growth Harry and take several as back-up. I wasn't successful with them. :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. zappamusic2010

Collecting Himalayan Blue Poppy Seeds

The seed looks perfect Zappa! It's amazing how many the pods hold. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jiffy

Seeds from berries

Sorry to hear that. My credit card company has always taken my word for it when a transaction has gone wrong and refunded my account and then, presumably, gone after the supplier. With credit...
    Sorry to hear that. My credit card company has always taken my word for it when a transaction has gone wrong and refunded my account and then, presumably, gone after the supplier. With credit card (as distinct from debit card I believe) the transaction is with the credit card company, so no...
    Sorry to hear that. My credit card company has always taken my word for it when a transaction has gone wrong and refunded my account and then, presumably, gone after the supplier. With credit card (as distinct from debit card I believe) the...
    Sorry to hear that. My credit card company has always taken my word for it when a transaction has gone wrong and refunded my account and then, presumably, gone after the supplier. With credit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Larkshall

Tomato cuttings

Chances are you would also over-winter a few pests and diseases as well. That's what's happened when I've over-wintered chilli plants, then in the spring they don't get away as fast as freshly...
    Chances are you would also over-winter a few pests and diseases as well. That's what's happened when I've over-wintered chilli plants, then in the spring they don't get away as fast as freshly sown seeds. I feel they are so easy to grow from seed there is little point giving them heat, light and...
    Chances are you would also over-winter a few pests and diseases as well. That's what's happened when I've over-wintered chilli plants, then in the spring they don't get away as fast as freshly sown seeds. I feel they are so easy to grow from seed...
    Chances are you would also over-winter a few pests and diseases as well. That's what's happened when I've over-wintered chilli plants, then in the spring they don't get away as fast as freshly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Kristen
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Val..

Poppy seeds

Hold on, Val...........why not grow them as Sheal is. Sowing them as plugs could cure that impatience of yours!!:heehee:
    Hold on, Val...........why not grow them as Sheal is. Sowing them as plugs could cure that impatience of yours!!:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. the garden gnome

windowsill issues for seeds

The garden gnome, could you place them on corrugated cardboard box laid flat and extra light from cooking foil selotaped to a piece of card behind the plants?
    The garden gnome, could you place them on corrugated cardboard box laid flat and extra light from cooking foil selotaped to a piece of card behind the plants?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Bilbo675
    Like x 8

More Hellebore Seedlings..

Grandmother and eggs come to mind. Sorry, but I was sent some seedlings last year and they had been so badly packed and had dried out, so they did not survive.
    Grandmother and eggs come to mind. Sorry, but I was sent some seedlings last year and they had been so badly packed and had dried out, so they did not survive.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. CanadianLori

How translate sowing instructions from zone 7 or so, down to zone 5

Thank you, that is what I will do!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. CanadianLori

Start seeds in dirt, in paper towel, ??

:doh::doh::doh: must have been thinking of that sauce... Lee & Perrin..Sorry about making you search - yes I bought the seeds through Perron - they are also the only ones who have Kelsae seeds. The pepper...
    :doh::doh::doh: must have been thinking of that sauce... Lee & Perrin..Sorry about making you search - yes I bought the seeds through Perron - they are also the only ones who have Kelsae seeds. The pepper seeds are from a company named Suttons.
    :doh::doh::doh: must have been thinking of that sauce... Lee & Perrin..Sorry about making you search - yes I bought the seeds through Perron - they are also the only ones who have Kelsae seeds. The pepper seeds are from a company named Suttons.
    :doh::doh::doh: must have been thinking of that sauce... Lee & Perrin..Sorry about making you search - yes I bought the seeds through Perron - they are also the only ones who have Kelsae seeds. The pepper...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. westwales

Agapanthus from seed

Exactly the way that I do Galtonia seeds which is another SA member of the Hyacinthaceae family.
    Exactly the way that I do Galtonia seeds which is another SA member of the Hyacinthaceae family.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Steve R

Garlic seed

I completely forgot all about them, in fact the pips are still on top of the harvested, dried garlic in the greenhouse. Must get them done this week.. You've got a great start on those then...
    I completely forgot all about them, in fact the pips are still on top of the harvested, dried garlic in the greenhouse. Must get them done this week.. You've got a great start on those then Scrungee. Steve...:)
    I completely forgot all about them, in fact the pips are still on top of the harvested, dried garlic in the greenhouse. Must get them done this week.. You've got a great start on those then Scrungee. Steve...:)
    I completely forgot all about them, in fact the pips are still on top of the harvested, dried garlic in the greenhouse. Must get them done this week.. You've got a great start on those then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. trogre

Electric Propagator

Hi Dave - nice to see some figures. Its a good point to make - to keep any sand well watered. When I first bought a heated propagator, in my naivety - without thinking , I assumed that all the...
    Hi Dave - nice to see some figures. Its a good point to make - to keep any sand well watered. When I first bought a heated propagator, in my naivety - without thinking , I assumed that all the inside of the propagator would be at a constant temperature. However I did some experiments and found...
    Hi Dave - nice to see some figures. Its a good point to make - to keep any sand well watered. When I first bought a heated propagator, in my naivety - without thinking , I assumed that all the inside of the propagator would be at a constant...
    Hi Dave - nice to see some figures. Its a good point to make - to keep any sand well watered. When I first bought a heated propagator, in my naivety - without thinking , I assumed that all the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ThePlantAssassin

Geranium Rozanne dividing

Cheers Verdun , I'll split it now. I can then get one replanted before autumn. :blue thumb: I also use a pruning saw for splitting.
    Cheers Verdun , I'll split it now. I can then get one replanted before autumn. :blue thumb: I also use a pruning saw for splitting.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. 2nd_bassoon

How to overwinter my seedlings

How many of the tv presenters qualify their advice re location? Very few if any do :) Even in Cornwall temperatures vary enormously ......last night for example temps were 13 degrees in far west...
    How many of the tv presenters qualify their advice re location? Very few if any do :) Even in Cornwall temperatures vary enormously ......last night for example temps were 13 degrees in far west and Isles of Scilly to 5 or 6 further east. When I offer advice I take into account the...
    How many of the tv presenters qualify their advice re location? Very few if any do :) Even in Cornwall temperatures vary enormously ......last night for example temps were 13 degrees in far west and Isles of Scilly to 5 or 6 further east. When I...
    How many of the tv presenters qualify their advice re location? Very few if any do :) Even in Cornwall temperatures vary enormously ......last night for example temps were 13 degrees in far west...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. philomel

Euonymus cuttings

thankin' you kindly M :love30:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice