1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Jackhughes35

Propagating hawthorn

I have just taken Hawthorn cuttings this morning. I cut off some of the fresh growth, cut them below a node, wiped off thorns and lowest leaves, dipped them in Hormone Rooting Compound and stuck...
    I have just taken Hawthorn cuttings this morning. I cut off some of the fresh growth, cut them below a node, wiped off thorns and lowest leaves, dipped them in Hormone Rooting Compound and stuck them in a pot of 50% seed compost and 50% vermiculite. Watered them, sprayed the leaves and stood...
    I have just taken Hawthorn cuttings this morning. I cut off some of the fresh growth, cut them below a node, wiped off thorns and lowest leaves, dipped them in Hormone Rooting Compound and stuck them in a pot of 50% seed compost and 50%...
    I have just taken Hawthorn cuttings this morning. I cut off some of the fresh growth, cut them below a node, wiped off thorns and lowest leaves, dipped them in Hormone Rooting Compound and stuck...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Fof

Propagating Glandora prostrata

I didn't use bottom heat...in fact, I don't with a lot of my softwood propagation now.
    I didn't use bottom heat...in fact, I don't with a lot of my softwood propagation now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Chris53

Propagating cuttings - condensation question

Chris its best not to cover Geraniums with a plastic bag . They do not need the extra humidity , and are prone to stem rot if too wet . They should germinate fine without covering . I leave them...
    Chris its best not to cover Geraniums with a plastic bag . They do not need the extra humidity , and are prone to stem rot if too wet . They should germinate fine without covering . I leave them for about 10 weeks and then pot them on .
    Chris its best not to cover Geraniums with a plastic bag . They do not need the extra humidity , and are prone to stem rot if too wet . They should germinate fine without covering . I leave them for about 10 weeks and then pot them on .
    Chris its best not to cover Geraniums with a plastic bag . They do not need the extra humidity , and are prone to stem rot if too wet . They should germinate fine without covering . I leave them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Scrungee

Producing your own seed spuds from mini tubers, cuttings, etc.

18 Days since taking cuttings and 50% have now rooted.I'll need to keep them growing until the end of September to get decent sized micro tubers, so might bin those that haven't taken yet.
    18 Days since taking cuttings and 50% have now rooted.I'll need to keep them growing until the end of September to get decent sized micro tubers, so might bin those that haven't taken yet.
    kondor mini tuber.jpg scab.jpg KondorB.jpg kondorA.jpg kondor sterilized.jpg kondor sprouts.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Allan Hodgson

Privet cuttings

here you go some of the photos are hard to judge but the holes in photo 1, 3 and 4 are all big enough to fit a medium sized dog through the other photos are areas which need a new hedge all...
    here you go some of the photos are hard to judge but the holes in photo 1, 3 and 4 are all big enough to fit a medium sized dog through the other photos are areas which need a new hedge all together.
    here you go some of the photos are hard to judge but the holes in photo 1, 3 and 4 are all big enough to fit a medium sized dog through the other photos are areas which need a new hedge all together.
    here you go some of the photos are hard to judge but the holes in photo 1, 3 and 4 are all big enough to fit a medium sized dog through the other photos are areas which need a new hedge all...
    IMAG0184.jpg IMAG0183.jpg IMAG0182.jpg IMAG0181.jpg IMAG0180.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. begoodian

Potting on seedlings

Seedlings tend not to worry too much about the exact potting compost, or even the exact watering. But I think the cold gets to everything.
    Seedlings tend not to worry too much about the exact potting compost, or even the exact watering. But I think the cold gets to everything.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Val..

Poppy seeds

Hold on, Val...........why not grow them as Sheal is. Sowing them as plugs could cure that impatience of yours!!:heehee:
    Hold on, Val...........why not grow them as Sheal is. Sowing them as plugs could cure that impatience of yours!!:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Madahhlia

Pointy honesty seeds

Ah, thanks for that. Perennial ones'd be cool.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. intel

Plug Plant Trainer

On a more general note; looking back I realise I spent and wasted a lot of money buying all sorts of things when I started gardening. Its amazing how you can get the same results much cheaper by...
    On a more general note; looking back I realise I spent and wasted a lot of money buying all sorts of things when I started gardening. Its amazing how you can get the same results much cheaper by improvising.
    On a more general note; looking back I realise I spent and wasted a lot of money buying all sorts of things when I started gardening. Its amazing how you can get the same results much cheaper by improvising.
    On a more general note; looking back I realise I spent and wasted a lot of money buying all sorts of things when I started gardening. Its amazing how you can get the same results much cheaper by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. chipper

Plants for a border

Many thanks Silver Surfer and everyone else, I'm planning it out and sourcing the plants :) I'll post a piccy when it's done.
    Many thanks Silver Surfer and everyone else, I'm planning it out and sourcing the plants :) I'll post a piccy when it's done.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Andre Murphy

Phlox from stem cutting ì

@Andre Murphy I try to root pretty much everything i deadhead or prune ...some i have success some not ;) ...it's such a cheap way to propagate and bulk up your garden and when you see the result...
    @Andre Murphy I try to root pretty much everything i deadhead or prune ...some i have success some not ;) ...it's such a cheap way to propagate and bulk up your garden and when you see the result its a real feel good factor :yes: Im always rooting something.... i luv it :biggrin: Only today after visiting a...
    @Andre Murphy I try to root pretty much everything i deadhead or prune ...some i have success some not ;) ...it's such a cheap way to propagate and bulk up your garden and when you see the result its a real feel good factor :yes: Im always rooting...
    @Andre Murphy I try to root pretty much everything i deadhead or prune ...some i have success some not ;) ...it's such a cheap way to propagate and bulk up your garden and when you see the result...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. hydrogardener
    Like x 6

Phalaenopsis from seed.

I have four plants left after giving several plants to friends. One of the baby plants has a spike and I am looking forward to seeing what the flowers look like, as the flowers on the parent...
    I have four plants left after giving several plants to friends. One of the baby plants has a spike and I am looking forward to seeing what the flowers look like, as the flowers on the parent plant were huge. The difference in the size and appearance of the resulting plants is...
    I have four plants left after giving several plants to friends. One of the baby plants has a spike and I am looking forward to seeing what the flowers look like, as the flowers on the parent plant were huge. The difference in the size and...
    I have four plants left after giving several plants to friends. One of the baby plants has a spike and I am looking forward to seeing what the flowers look like, as the flowers on the parent...
    seeds day4.jpg Phalaenopsis Seeds Day 10.jpg mama.jpg Baby Phal.jpg phalaenopsis in vitro.jpg UGO.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Posey

Perennials from Seed - Beginner Question!

To give a proper answer though we need to know what they are, how advanced they are and what size pots are they in?Photos would be good too:blue thumb:
    To give a proper answer though we need to know what they are, how advanced they are and what size pots are they in?Photos would be good too:blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. justracing

penstemon cuttings

Thanks for that
    Thanks for that
    Thanks for that
    Thanks for that
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Snorky85

Penstemon cutting back

Turns out there was a nice new clump of fresh growth as well as an old stalky bit (still with some new shoots) so has turned out ok! Just hoping the three cuttings from last year do ok now theyre...
    Turns out there was a nice new clump of fresh growth as well as an old stalky bit (still with some new shoots) so has turned out ok! Just hoping the three cuttings from last year do ok now theyre in the garden-they had a good root ball on them so fingers crossed :)
    Turns out there was a nice new clump of fresh growth as well as an old stalky bit (still with some new shoots) so has turned out ok! Just hoping the three cuttings from last year do ok now theyre in the garden-they had a good root ball on them so...
    Turns out there was a nice new clump of fresh growth as well as an old stalky bit (still with some new shoots) so has turned out ok! Just hoping the three cuttings from last year do ok now theyre...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ricky101

Pelargonium Cuttings

Possibly two popular plants are Pelargoniums and Fuchsias. They will tolerate some harsh treatmens at times, and perhaps for the average gardener, they are easy to propagate. Although cuttings...
    Possibly two popular plants are Pelargoniums and Fuchsias. They will tolerate some harsh treatmens at times, and perhaps for the average gardener, they are easy to propagate. Although cuttings can be taken at almost any time year, there are snags. The prosective plant material may be too new,...
    Possibly two popular plants are Pelargoniums and Fuchsias. They will tolerate some harsh treatmens at times, and perhaps for the average gardener, they are easy to propagate. Although cuttings can be taken at almost any time year, there are...
    Possibly two popular plants are Pelargoniums and Fuchsias. They will tolerate some harsh treatmens at times, and perhaps for the average gardener, they are easy to propagate. Although cuttings...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. davetherave

Parkers delivery much earlier than expected

My crocosmia sunrise and dwarf azalea came today. I'm going to pot up the crocosmia and put the azalea in the cold frame for a bit.Rusty
    My crocosmia sunrise and dwarf azalea came today. I'm going to pot up the crocosmia and put the azalea in the cold frame for a bit.Rusty
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. sal73

Orange bauhinia

I've grown B.variegata from seed and they germinate easily. The problem that I've had is getting them beyond the seedling stage. I have just one left and that seems to have stalled. That said, I...
    I've grown B.variegata from seed and they germinate easily. The problem that I've had is getting them beyond the seedling stage. I have just one left and that seems to have stalled. That said, I moved house when they were very young last spring so it may romp away this summer.
    I've grown B.variegata from seed and they germinate easily. The problem that I've had is getting them beyond the seedling stage. I have just one left and that seems to have stalled. That said, I moved house when they were very young last spring...
    I've grown B.variegata from seed and they germinate easily. The problem that I've had is getting them beyond the seedling stage. I have just one left and that seems to have stalled. That said, I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ARMANDII
    Funny x 9

NOW I KNOW I SOWED NICOTIANA

Oh, do come on, longk!!!,.........this me and gardening you're talking about:doh::hate-shocked::lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Oh, do come on, longk!!!,.........this me and gardening you're talking about:doh::hate-shocked::lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. CanadianLori

No seeds in Dwarf Dahlias?

Its amazing how big those tubers can get first year from seed. I grew those big 4ft /5ft high ones a long time ago from seed and the tubers were massive.
    Its amazing how big those tubers can get first year from seed. I grew those big 4ft /5ft high ones a long time ago from seed and the tubers were massive.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice