Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. BastLoki

Germinating Courgette seeds?

...and sow them on their "edge", not flat. Steve...:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Michael Hewett
    Like x 6

Cuttings

We've just had a dozen Wisteria seedlings pop up :dbgrtmb:. We don't want another Wisteria :doh:
    We've just had a dozen Wisteria seedlings pop up :dbgrtmb:. We don't want another Wisteria :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. nFrost

Blood Fish and Bone on new sown seeds?

not at first, no. but i have now! lol.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. philomel

Yay the Primula vialli are coming up

Thanks M, yes they're rather unusual aren't they? :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Michael Hewett

Cyclamen coum

I agree, they're so pretty. Can't wait to see mine flowering!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. the garden gnome

windowsill issues for seeds

The garden gnome, could you place them on corrugated cardboard box laid flat and extra light from cooking foil selotaped to a piece of card behind the plants?
    The garden gnome, could you place them on corrugated cardboard box laid flat and extra light from cooking foil selotaped to a piece of card behind the plants?
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Bilbo675
    Like x 8

More Hellebore Seedlings..

Grandmother and eggs come to mind. Sorry, but I was sent some seedlings last year and they had been so badly packed and had dried out, so they did not survive.
    Grandmother and eggs come to mind. Sorry, but I was sent some seedlings last year and they had been so badly packed and had dried out, so they did not survive.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lolimac
    Like x 4

Sowing in leaf mould....

Get plugged in Lolli.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. K78

Moving and splitting ferns.

Experience says a lot as my friends have posted. However ferns as we refer to them actually are an interesting genus. Most of us have probably suddenly found a fern growing in the compost. ...
    Experience says a lot as my friends have posted. However ferns as we refer to them actually are an interesting genus. Most of us have probably suddenly found a fern growing in the compost. These most likely will be from the common bracken or hard fern. Once considered a woodland pest, weed...
    Experience says a lot as my friends have posted. However ferns as we refer to them actually are an interesting genus. Most of us have probably suddenly found a fern growing in the compost. These most likely will be from the common bracken or...
    Experience says a lot as my friends have posted. However ferns as we refer to them actually are an interesting genus. Most of us have probably suddenly found a fern growing in the compost. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. thriftybri

seed sowing

thanks for that, whot gets my goat is it says for further sowing instructions contact us I did and as I said I might as well be talking to a brick wall ill see whot comes back from my second...
    thanks for that, whot gets my goat is it says for further sowing instructions contact us I did and as I said I might as well be talking to a brick wall ill see whot comes back from my second message I sent them:wallbanging::psnp:
    thanks for that, whot gets my goat is it says for further sowing instructions contact us I did and as I said I might as well be talking to a brick wall ill see whot comes back from my second message I sent them:wallbanging::psnp:
    thanks for that, whot gets my goat is it says for further sowing instructions contact us I did and as I said I might as well be talking to a brick wall ill see whot comes back from my second...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. "M"
    Like x 4

My experiment with "cuttings" (and a question or three)

Yes, that's where they got the name. The salicylic acid is derived from the bark of the willow and used quite a bit in skin care products. Commercial aspirin is Acetylsalicylic Acid. Also...
    Yes, that's where they got the name. The salicylic acid is derived from the bark of the willow and used quite a bit in skin care products. Commercial aspirin is Acetylsalicylic Acid. Also originating from the willow. In days of yore (actually, days of mine :heehee: ) the herbalists/witchdoctors...
    Yes, that's where they got the name. The salicylic acid is derived from the bark of the willow and used quite a bit in skin care products. Commercial aspirin is Acetylsalicylic Acid. Also originating from the willow. In days of yore...
    Yes, that's where they got the name. The salicylic acid is derived from the bark of the willow and used quite a bit in skin care products. Commercial aspirin is Acetylsalicylic Acid. Also...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Scrungee

Air layering Bay Tree

No, because the tree is already half a barrel height above ground level. I'd need on pot resting on stepladders to get a suitable branch end into it (which I think would be classed as air layering).
    No, because the tree is already half a barrel height above ground level. I'd need on pot resting on stepladders to get a suitable branch end into it (which I think would be classed as air layering).
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. CanadianLori

Start seeds in dirt, in paper towel, ??

:doh::doh::doh: must have been thinking of that sauce... Lee & Perrin..Sorry about making you search - yes I bought the seeds through Perron - they are also the only ones who have Kelsae seeds. The pepper...
    :doh::doh::doh: must have been thinking of that sauce... Lee & Perrin..Sorry about making you search - yes I bought the seeds through Perron - they are also the only ones who have Kelsae seeds. The pepper seeds are from a company named Suttons.
    :doh::doh::doh: must have been thinking of that sauce... Lee & Perrin..Sorry about making you search - yes I bought the seeds through Perron - they are also the only ones who have Kelsae seeds. The pepper seeds are from a company named Suttons.
    :doh::doh::doh: must have been thinking of that sauce... Lee & Perrin..Sorry about making you search - yes I bought the seeds through Perron - they are also the only ones who have Kelsae seeds. The pepper...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. martious

Black Currant Propagation

I asked a similar question about half a year ago.Turns out black currant plants are nigh indestructible. Mine took about a month to develop a full root system. It now grows outside in the soil...
    I asked a similar question about half a year ago.Turns out black currant plants are nigh indestructible. Mine took about a month to develop a full root system. It now grows outside in the soil without any protection and seems to do great.Hopefully next year there will be the first berries...
    I asked a similar question about half a year ago.Turns out black currant plants are nigh indestructible. Mine took about a month to develop a full root system. It now grows outside in the soil without any protection and seems to do...
    I asked a similar question about half a year ago.Turns out black currant plants are nigh indestructible. Mine took about a month to develop a full root system. It now grows outside in the soil...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Bilbo675
    Like x 3

Latest Cutting Success

I think most say that the rooting hormone properties of gels and powders decrease after a year, it won't do any harm but may be less affective....:)
    I think most say that the rooting hormone properties of gels and powders decrease after a year, it won't do any harm but may be less affective....:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Sarah Giles

Reusing propagator soil?

It's not that serious, but it's surprising how much compost you get through when filling seed trays and pots. :)
    It's not that serious, but it's surprising how much compost you get through when filling seed trays and pots. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Dorothy

limping dahlia cuttings

I agree with Sal about putting a plastic bag over the pot (I attach mine to the pot with an elastic band, so that the bottom of the pot is still "open" so I can stand it in water for a few minutes...
    I agree with Sal about putting a plastic bag over the pot (I attach mine to the pot with an elastic band, so that the bottom of the pot is still "open" so I can stand it in water for a few minutes if it dries out (which it probably won't do until the cutting is rooted). I root Dahlias out of...
    I agree with Sal about putting a plastic bag over the pot (I attach mine to the pot with an elastic band, so that the bottom of the pot is still "open" so I can stand it in water for a few minutes if it dries out (which it probably won't do until...
    I agree with Sal about putting a plastic bag over the pot (I attach mine to the pot with an elastic band, so that the bottom of the pot is still "open" so I can stand it in water for a few minutes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jungle Jane

Taking Lavender Cuttings

I bought mine from Van Meuwen - about 20p each I think - tiny, but potted on for a season and planted out early Summer (no earlier!) and they were away. That's fine if you are happy with L....
    I bought mine from Van Meuwen - about 20p each I think - tiny, but potted on for a season and planted out early Summer (no earlier!) and they were away. That's fine if you are happy with L. Munstead ... I have since bought a few plants of specific variety that I am propagating up ready to...
    I bought mine from Van Meuwen - about 20p each I think - tiny, but potted on for a season and planted out early Summer (no earlier!) and they were away. That's fine if you are happy with L. Munstead ... I have since bought a few plants of...
    I bought mine from Van Meuwen - about 20p each I think - tiny, but potted on for a season and planted out early Summer (no earlier!) and they were away. That's fine if you are happy with L....
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Kristen

Growing Hippeastrum from seed

I have grown them from seed but it was a long time ago. I dont think you need to wait before planting, think I planted edge way on, in the pots. It is a long process until flowering. Might be...
    I have grown them from seed but it was a long time ago. I dont think you need to wait before planting, think I planted edge way on, in the pots. It is a long process until flowering. Might be a good idea to buy up loads of those bulbs you often see after christmas in garden centres being...
    I have grown them from seed but it was a long time ago. I dont think you need to wait before planting, think I planted edge way on, in the pots. It is a long process until flowering. Might be a good idea to buy up loads of those bulbs you...
    I have grown them from seed but it was a long time ago. I dont think you need to wait before planting, think I planted edge way on, in the pots. It is a long process until flowering. Might be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Bigyouth

Growing curly willow from branches?

Yes, they can grow quite easily. :blue thumb: Just be aware that if you plant them in the garden, they can grow very quickly once they are well established and can become quite large.
    Yes, they can grow quite easily. :blue thumb: Just be aware that if you plant them in the garden, they can grow very quickly once they are well established and can become quite large.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice