1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. wiseowl

Members Roses 2018

Morning all
    Morning all
    Morning all
    Morning all
    Capture.JPG Absolutely beautiful.jpg P1300484.JPG P1300500.JPG P1300529.JPG P1300535.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl
    Like x 3

Rose ID Thread

Good afternoon @Gail_68 no worries it was a pleasure to help you my friend
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl

The Seven Groups Of Roses

Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with stiff canes and are repeat flowering with large flowers.Climber A good example of thisThe...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with stiff canes and are repeat flowering with large...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with...
    Warm Wishes.JPG upload_2018-6-21_10-35-47.png Vanessa Bell.JPG image.jpg Stars and stripes.JPG Scented Carpet.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl
    Like x 5

New Roses for 2018

This rose was supposed to be 'Waltz Time' which my daughter picked as it was a pretty purple on the box. Not sure what we've ended up with, but it's pretty and she's happy :) Any ideas?
    This rose was supposed to be 'Waltz Time' which my daughter picked as it was a pretty purple on the box. Not sure what we've ended up with, but it's pretty and she's happy :) Any ideas?
    Rose-Lovestruck-ROTY2018.jpg Rosa-Judi-Dench.jpg Rosa-Little-Angel.jpg Rose-Oxana.jpg Rose-Hope-for-Justice-Fryers-Roses-web.jpg rosier_camille_pissarro_delstricol_2_1000px.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Mike Allen

The Rose Society UK

Good morning and thank you @Mike Allen and @NigelJ i have made this in to a sticky thread
    Good morning and thank you @Mike Allen and @NigelJ i have made this in to a sticky thread
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ARMANDII

IT'S NEVER ONLY A ROSE 2018

I agree with Verdun. With respects, to cut off a limb or similar and expect it to take root is like planting an established tree and then expect it to grow roots, rather like, puting the cart...
    I agree with Verdun. With respects, to cut off a limb or similar and expect it to take root is like planting an established tree and then expect it to grow roots, rather like, puting the cart before the horse. Personally I have always prefered cutting like Verdun mentions and also more mature...
    I agree with Verdun. With respects, to cut off a limb or similar and expect it to take root is like planting an established tree and then expect it to grow roots, rather like, puting the cart before the horse. Personally I have always prefered...
    I agree with Verdun. With respects, to cut off a limb or similar and expect it to take root is like planting an established tree and then expect it to grow roots, rather like, puting the cart...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl
    Useful x 4

Pot Sizes

Thank you, That is going to be really helpful!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky

EVERYTHING APPERTAINING TO ROSES

MOVING YOUR ROSEYou are about to find out if the rose you hoped would be a tidy little spot of color next to the path is going to be just that, or it’s going to be a rampant monster snatching...
    MOVING YOUR ROSEYou are about to find out if the rose you hoped would be a tidy little spot of color next to the path is going to be just that, or it’s going to be a rampant monster snatching the shirts of people’s backs as they walk by.When this happens you are faced with two choices. Cut it...
    MOVING YOUR ROSEYou are about to find out if the rose you hoped would be a tidy little spot of color next to the path is going to be just that, or it’s going to be a rampant monster snatching the shirts of people’s backs as they walk by.When...
    MOVING YOUR ROSEYou are about to find out if the rose you hoped would be a tidy little spot of color next to the path is going to be just that, or it’s going to be a rampant monster snatching...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wiseowl
    Agree x 3

Gardeners' World Golden 50 years Jubilee Plant Winner

Roses are very rewarding if you're prepared to look after them. :) If you haven't got the time or the inclination then they are definitely not the plants for you. I had Floribunda's in my last...
    Roses are very rewarding if you're prepared to look after them. :) If you haven't got the time or the inclination then they are definitely not the plants for you. I had Floribunda's in my last garden as they withstood the difficult climate I lived in.'Lucky!' In my experience almost completely...
    Roses are very rewarding if you're prepared to look after them. :) If you haven't got the time or the inclination then they are definitely not the plants for you. I had Floribunda's in my last garden as they withstood the difficult climate I lived...
    Roses are very rewarding if you're prepared to look after them. :) If you haven't got the time or the inclination then they are definitely not the plants for you. I had Floribunda's in my last...
    DSCI0002.JPG S.jpg DSCN0132 (1024x768).jpg Rose 'Lucky!' (3).JPG Rose 'Super Trouper' (2).JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  11.   » Normal Threads
  12. DebraB

Can rose suckers grow halfway up the plant?

Climbing roses usually flower twice a year once on old growth then on this years growth keep training the new shoots to where you want them, mid to late winter is a good time to prune.
    Climbing roses usually flower twice a year once on old growth then on this years growth keep training the new shoots to where you want them, mid to late winter is a good time to prune.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Victoria

Propagating Roses

The poster did stress that eyes should be cut out of the half potato.....
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Clare G

Does anyone grow HT "Nostalgia"?

Excellent! Thank you very much @wiseowl! Double Delight looks like a beauty as well.Yes, they still have the delphiniums at Regent's Park - those were looking splendid yesterday too.
    Excellent! Thank you very much @wiseowl! Double Delight looks like a beauty as well.Yes, they still have the delphiniums at Regent's Park - those were looking splendid yesterday too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. kerrygirl

Help please

Thank you both for replying
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Marley Farley

Do you know which Rose this is.?

Ooh @wiseowl Woo I think you could be right as your description of the fragrance is spot on thank you. Think I will get one to ramble over my shed. :thumbsup::spinning: Thank you
    Ooh @wiseowl Woo I think you could be right as your description of the fragrance is spot on thank you. Think I will get one to ramble over my shed. :thumbsup::spinning: Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Steve Church

Our Poorly Rose ........ Please Help !!!!

Good morning @Steve Church its only my personal opinion but this is what Woo would do,to see what is alive or dead lightly scrape your finger nail on each cane if its green underneath its still...
    Good morning @Steve Church its only my personal opinion but this is what Woo would do,to see what is alive or dead lightly scrape your finger nail on each cane if its green underneath its still alive,if its brown it needs removing(ie remove all dead wood)remove Rose from container,check roots,...
    Good morning @Steve Church its only my personal opinion but this is what Woo would do,to see what is alive or dead lightly scrape your finger nail on each cane if its green underneath its still alive,if its brown it needs removing(ie remove all...
    Good morning @Steve Church its only my personal opinion but this is what Woo would do,to see what is alive or dead lightly scrape your finger nail on each cane if its green underneath its still...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jack Sparrow

Rose in pot

Hi Gary, it looks a lovely rose mate and the reds a stunning colour and the triteleia should look nice also :thumbsup:...pic please when they come out :yes:Tell your mom I like her table and chairs :love30:
    Hi Gary, it looks a lovely rose mate and the reds a stunning colour and the triteleia should look nice also :thumbsup:...pic please when they come out :yes:Tell your mom I like her table and chairs :love30:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Kevin Cowans

Such a thing as a low maintenance Rose?

Good afternoon @Sian in Belgium my friend great post,well put together and easy on the eyes :goodpost:;):blue thumb:
    Good afternoon @Sian in Belgium my friend great post,well put together and easy on the eyes :goodpost:;):blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Mike Allen

Pruning and Dieback.

Hey my friend. Greenwich park. I did most of my courting in there. I'm going back to the late 50's early 60's. I knew the park Supt, Bob Hare very well. He later became the Queen's gardener. ...
    Hey my friend. Greenwich park. I did most of my courting in there. I'm going back to the late 50's early 60's. I knew the park Supt, Bob Hare very well. He later became the Queen's gardener. His predecessor S.M Gault I became friends with at Regents park. He was considered by many as...
    Hey my friend. Greenwich park. I did most of my courting in there. I'm going back to the late 50's early 60's. I knew the park Supt, Bob Hare very well. He later became the Queen's gardener. His predecessor S.M Gault I became friends with...
    Hey my friend. Greenwich park. I did most of my courting in there. I'm going back to the late 50's early 60's. I knew the park Supt, Bob Hare very well. He later became the Queen's gardener. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Pushkin

Wettra - advice needed

Well you've done what I would have done also Pushkin and it really should come along great
    Well you've done what I would have done also Pushkin and it really should come along great
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Irmemac

Not Sure (Leaf problem)

Thank you, Super advice as always. I have been spraying the hose over the leaves :oopss:, but will stop that immediately.
    Thank you, Super advice as always. I have been spraying the hose over the leaves :oopss:, but will stop that immediately.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. karaman

yellowing rose leaves - why?

big thank you to all -- not a watering problem but will improve my lamentable lack of feeding the poor thing. i wouldnt like it if i didnt get any food...... thanks again, karaman
    big thank you to all -- not a watering problem but will improve my lamentable lack of feeding the poor thing. i wouldnt like it if i didnt get any food...... thanks again, karaman
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Logan

grass

Thanks @JWK :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. reb999000

Rose Bush Branch Repair??

Sheal bare with me mate i'm going ...I was thinking the hydrangea discussion...Christ I need to see a
    Sheal bare with me mate i'm going ...I was thinking the hydrangea discussion...Christ I need to see a
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. wiseowl

Flower of Flowers.Mike Allen

I love many of the old roses Mike and do tend to go for older established roses as have had some disasters over the years but all good at present. There is no sweeter scent than that of a rose. :thumbsup:...
    I love many of the old roses Mike and do tend to go for older established roses as have had some disasters over the years but all good at present. There is no sweeter scent than that of a rose. :thumbsup: Well in my book anyway. :biggrin:
    I love many of the old roses Mike and do tend to go for older established roses as have had some disasters over the years but all good at present. There is no sweeter scent than that of a rose. :thumbsup: Well in my book anyway. :biggrin:
    I love many of the old roses Mike and do tend to go for older established roses as have had some disasters over the years but all good at present. There is no sweeter scent than that of a rose. :thumbsup:...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Mike Allen
    Like x 5

Roses only or a mixture.

Very well said!
    Very well said!
    Very well said!
    Very well said!
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. 2nd_bassoon

Support for bush rose?

Perhaps to add to Sheal's comment. Sometimes it is wise to scratch away the soil and make really certain where this shoot is coming from. The usual practice for removal is to tear the offender...
    Perhaps to add to Sheal's comment. Sometimes it is wise to scratch away the soil and make really certain where this shoot is coming from. The usual practice for removal is to tear the offender away. Doing this will also remove a small area of backing, thus the viable genes also go. To simply...
    Perhaps to add to Sheal's comment. Sometimes it is wise to scratch away the soil and make really certain where this shoot is coming from. The usual practice for removal is to tear the offender away. Doing this will also remove a small area of...
    Perhaps to add to Sheal's comment. Sometimes it is wise to scratch away the soil and make really certain where this shoot is coming from. The usual practice for removal is to tear the offender...
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Mike Allen

Pruning for long stemmed cut roses.

Friends, I do apologise for this hic-cup. I spotted a private email from the forum. I mentioned about HT Roses and long stemmed cutting. I could have written one of my " Manuscripts" LOL. ...
    Friends, I do apologise for this hic-cup. I spotted a private email from the forum. I mentioned about HT Roses and long stemmed cutting. I could have written one of my " Manuscripts" LOL. However perhaps this link might be of use.Back soon. Not feeling very well at the mo.
    Friends, I do apologise for this hic-cup. I spotted a private email from the forum. I mentioned about HT Roses and long stemmed cutting. I could have written one of my " Manuscripts" LOL. However perhaps this link might be of use.Back...
    Friends, I do apologise for this hic-cup. I spotted a private email from the forum. I mentioned about HT Roses and long stemmed cutting. I could have written one of my " Manuscripts" LOL. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. Mike Allen

Rosa Rosette Disease

@Mike Allen You've got a strong point there mate and plus some of our bad weather storms besides have come to us from the USA.Defra, UK - Science Search
    @Mike Allen You've got a strong point there mate and plus some of our bad weather storms besides have come to us from the USA.Defra, UK - Science Search
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Greg C

Growing roses

Soooooo....the roses are in! A week before the snow arrived! I made some covers out of wire and plastic to try keep the snow off them as they were only in the ground 4 days before they snow...
    Soooooo....the roses are in! A week before the snow arrived! I made some covers out of wire and plastic to try keep the snow off them as they were only in the ground 4 days before they snow landed. Now here is another question. My wife has this small indoor rose plant. Can this be planted in...
    Soooooo....the roses are in! A week before the snow arrived! I made some covers out of wire and plastic to try keep the snow off them as they were only in the ground 4 days before they snow landed. Now here is another question. My wife has this...
    Soooooo....the roses are in! A week before the snow arrived! I made some covers out of wire and plastic to try keep the snow off them as they were only in the ground 4 days before they snow...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options