1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. November Photo Comp is now open with a great new theme.! Come and join in.
    Dismiss Notice

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. wiseowl

Members Roses 2018

Stunning roses @ARMANDII ! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl
    Like x 3

Rose ID Thread

Good morning @wiseowl, thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl

The Seven Groups Of Roses

Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with stiff canes and are repeat flowering with large flowers.Climber A good example of thisThe...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with stiff canes and are repeat flowering with large...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with...
    Warm Wishes.JPG upload_2018-6-21_10-35-47.png Vanessa Bell.JPG image.jpg Stars and stripes.JPG Scented Carpet.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl
    Like x 5

New Roses for 2018

This rose was supposed to be 'Waltz Time' which my daughter picked as it was a pretty purple on the box. Not sure what we've ended up with, but it's pretty and she's happy :) Any ideas?
    This rose was supposed to be 'Waltz Time' which my daughter picked as it was a pretty purple on the box. Not sure what we've ended up with, but it's pretty and she's happy :) Any ideas?
    Rose-Lovestruck-ROTY2018.jpg Rosa-Judi-Dench.jpg Rosa-Little-Angel.jpg Rose-Oxana.jpg Rose-Hope-for-Justice-Fryers-Roses-web.jpg rosier_camille_pissarro_delstricol_2_1000px.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Mike Allen

The Rose Society UK

Good morning and thank you @Mike Allen and @NigelJ i have made this in to a sticky thread
    Good morning and thank you @Mike Allen and @NigelJ i have made this in to a sticky thread
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ARMANDII

IT'S NEVER ONLY A ROSE 2018

I agree with Verdun. With respects, to cut off a limb or similar and expect it to take root is like planting an established tree and then expect it to grow roots, rather like, puting the cart...
    I agree with Verdun. With respects, to cut off a limb or similar and expect it to take root is like planting an established tree and then expect it to grow roots, rather like, puting the cart before the horse. Personally I have always prefered cutting like Verdun mentions and also more mature...
    I agree with Verdun. With respects, to cut off a limb or similar and expect it to take root is like planting an established tree and then expect it to grow roots, rather like, puting the cart before the horse. Personally I have always prefered...
    I agree with Verdun. With respects, to cut off a limb or similar and expect it to take root is like planting an established tree and then expect it to grow roots, rather like, puting the cart...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl
    Useful x 4

Pot Sizes

Thank you, That is going to be really helpful!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky

ROSE PROBLEMS/BLACK SPOT/ Etc

MOVING YOUR ROSEYou are about to find out if the rose you hoped would be a tidy little spot of color next to the path is going to be just that, or it’s going to be a rampant monster snatching...
    MOVING YOUR ROSEYou are about to find out if the rose you hoped would be a tidy little spot of color next to the path is going to be just that, or it’s going to be a rampant monster snatching the shirts of people’s backs as they walk by.When this happens you are faced with two choices. Cut it...
    MOVING YOUR ROSEYou are about to find out if the rose you hoped would be a tidy little spot of color next to the path is going to be just that, or it’s going to be a rampant monster snatching the shirts of people’s backs as they walk by.When...
    MOVING YOUR ROSEYou are about to find out if the rose you hoped would be a tidy little spot of color next to the path is going to be just that, or it’s going to be a rampant monster snatching...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wiseowl
    Agree x 3

Gardeners' World Golden 50 years Jubilee Plant Winner

Roses are very rewarding if you're prepared to look after them. :) If you haven't got the time or the inclination then they are definitely not the plants for you. I had Floribunda's in my last...
    Roses are very rewarding if you're prepared to look after them. :) If you haven't got the time or the inclination then they are definitely not the plants for you. I had Floribunda's in my last garden as they withstood the difficult climate I lived in.'Lucky!' In my experience almost completely...
    Roses are very rewarding if you're prepared to look after them. :) If you haven't got the time or the inclination then they are definitely not the plants for you. I had Floribunda's in my last garden as they withstood the difficult climate I lived...
    Roses are very rewarding if you're prepared to look after them. :) If you haven't got the time or the inclination then they are definitely not the plants for you. I had Floribunda's in my last...
    DSCI0002.JPG S.jpg DSCN0132 (1024x768).jpg Rose 'Lucky!' (3).JPG Rose 'Super Trouper' (2).JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  11.   » Normal Threads
  12. Freddy

Uncovered Rose

Good afternoon @Freddy my friend many thanks for your update
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jupes

Training against a fence help

Thank you both.
    Thank you both.
    Thank you both.
    Thank you both.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Loubielouy

Black spot

Good morning @Loubielouy my friend is there any chance of a photo it would help us a lot
    Good morning @Loubielouy my friend is there any chance of a photo it would help us a lot
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. tangham

Feeding help.

I use a weekly feed of liquidTomato Fertiliser:coffee::snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. tim091

Moved roses to new house - prune this winter?

Thanks both for your replies. I am inclined to leave them be to "get over their ordeal", but as they are showing such strong signs of growth I will probably play it by ear and see how they are...
    Thanks both for your replies. I am inclined to leave them be to "get over their ordeal", but as they are showing such strong signs of growth I will probably play it by ear and see how they are looking in Feb.The soil here is terrible - flint and clay - so I planted them in deep trenches filled...
    Thanks both for your replies. I am inclined to leave them be to "get over their ordeal", but as they are showing such strong signs of growth I will probably play it by ear and see how they are looking in Feb.The soil here is terrible - flint...
    Thanks both for your replies. I am inclined to leave them be to "get over their ordeal", but as they are showing such strong signs of growth I will probably play it by ear and see how they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. lowrider69

Rose bush leaf probalems

well said mike :)anyways which sprays do people thinks is the best all in one as in fungus and insect spray as I been buying to different sprays until now
    well said mike :)anyways which sprays do people thinks is the best all in one as in fungus and insect spray as I been buying to different sprays until now
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. NessaJ70

Advice for pruning roses

Thanks very much Gail, I'll try that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jack Sparrow

Rose in pot

Gary it's all blooming lovely mate :love30:….if I was you i'd remove some of the dead leaves for your mom ;)
    Gary it's all blooming lovely mate :love30:….if I was you i'd remove some of the dead leaves for your mom ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. DebraB

Can rose suckers grow halfway up the plant?

thanks for the advice Nice fox :-)
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Victoria

Propagating Roses

The poster did stress that eyes should be cut out of the half potato.....
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Clare G

Does anyone grow HT "Nostalgia"?

Excellent! Thank you very much @wiseowl! Double Delight looks like a beauty as well.Yes, they still have the delphiniums at Regent's Park - those were looking splendid yesterday too.
    Excellent! Thank you very much @wiseowl! Double Delight looks like a beauty as well.Yes, they still have the delphiniums at Regent's Park - those were looking splendid yesterday too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. kerrygirl

Help please

Thank you both for replying
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Marley Farley

Do you know which Rose this is.?

Ooh @wiseowl Woo I think you could be right as your description of the fragrance is spot on thank you. Think I will get one to ramble over my shed. :thumbsup::spinning: Thank you
    Ooh @wiseowl Woo I think you could be right as your description of the fragrance is spot on thank you. Think I will get one to ramble over my shed. :thumbsup::spinning: Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Steve Church

Our Poorly Rose ........ Please Help !!!!

Good morning @Steve Church its only my personal opinion but this is what Woo would do,to see what is alive or dead lightly scrape your finger nail on each cane if its green underneath its still...
    Good morning @Steve Church its only my personal opinion but this is what Woo would do,to see what is alive or dead lightly scrape your finger nail on each cane if its green underneath its still alive,if its brown it needs removing(ie remove all dead wood)remove Rose from container,check roots,...
    Good morning @Steve Church its only my personal opinion but this is what Woo would do,to see what is alive or dead lightly scrape your finger nail on each cane if its green underneath its still alive,if its brown it needs removing(ie remove all...
    Good morning @Steve Church its only my personal opinion but this is what Woo would do,to see what is alive or dead lightly scrape your finger nail on each cane if its green underneath its still...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Kevin Cowans

Such a thing as a low maintenance Rose?

Good afternoon @Sian in Belgium my friend great post,well put together and easy on the eyes :goodpost:;):blue thumb:
    Good afternoon @Sian in Belgium my friend great post,well put together and easy on the eyes :goodpost:;):blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Mike Allen

Pruning and Dieback.

Hey my friend. Greenwich park. I did most of my courting in there. I'm going back to the late 50's early 60's. I knew the park Supt, Bob Hare very well. He later became the Queen's gardener. ...
    Hey my friend. Greenwich park. I did most of my courting in there. I'm going back to the late 50's early 60's. I knew the park Supt, Bob Hare very well. He later became the Queen's gardener. His predecessor S.M Gault I became friends with at Regents park. He was considered by many as...
    Hey my friend. Greenwich park. I did most of my courting in there. I'm going back to the late 50's early 60's. I knew the park Supt, Bob Hare very well. He later became the Queen's gardener. His predecessor S.M Gault I became friends with...
    Hey my friend. Greenwich park. I did most of my courting in there. I'm going back to the late 50's early 60's. I knew the park Supt, Bob Hare very well. He later became the Queen's gardener. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Pushkin

Wettra - advice needed

Well you've done what I would have done also Pushkin and it really should come along great
    Well you've done what I would have done also Pushkin and it really should come along great
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Irmemac

Not Sure (Leaf problem)

Thank you, Super advice as always. I have been spraying the hose over the leaves :oopss:, but will stop that immediately.
    Thank you, Super advice as always. I have been spraying the hose over the leaves :oopss:, but will stop that immediately.
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. karaman

yellowing rose leaves - why?

big thank you to all -- not a watering problem but will improve my lamentable lack of feeding the poor thing. i wouldnt like it if i didnt get any food...... thanks again, karaman
    big thank you to all -- not a watering problem but will improve my lamentable lack of feeding the poor thing. i wouldnt like it if i didnt get any food...... thanks again, karaman
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Logan

grass

Thanks @JWK :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options