1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. wiseowl
    Like x 4

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO PRUNE YOUR ROSES

This is a translation of the way it is described here...(apologies for the poor grammar).It must be top-three among our climbing roses! Flammentanz's popularity is explained by the fact that it...
    This is a translation of the way it is described here...(apologies for the poor grammar).It must be top-three among our climbing roses! Flammentanz's popularity is explained by the fact that it is hardy, very easy to grow and offers fresh flowers throughout the summer.Flammentanz does not...
    This is a translation of the way it is described here...(apologies for the poor grammar).It must be top-three among our climbing roses! Flammentanz's popularity is explained by the fact that it is hardy, very easy to grow and offers fresh...
    This is a translation of the way it is described here...(apologies for the poor grammar).It must be top-three among our climbing roses! Flammentanz's popularity is explained by the fact that it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ARMANDII

THIS YEARS ROSES - 2017

The new thread for 2017:snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ARMANDII

IT'S NEVER ONLY A ROSE - 2017

Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl

New Roses 2016 & 2017

I like the look of climber 'Scent from Heaven' but I wonder if the colour fades as the flowers age?
    I like the look of climber 'Scent from Heaven' but I wonder if the colour fades as the flowers age?
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl
    Like x 4

Blackspot

Good morning Spores are easily spread by water splash and infections take hold when the water remains on the leaf for about 6-7 hours. Areas with high summer rainfall and high humidity usually...
    Good morning Spores are easily spread by water splash and infections take hold when the water remains on the leaf for about 6-7 hours. Areas with high summer rainfall and high humidity usually have the highest incidence of black spot. Treatment of the disease is year round as the fungus...
    Good morning Spores are easily spread by water splash and infections take hold when the water remains on the leaf for about 6-7 hours. Areas with high summer rainfall and high humidity usually have the highest incidence of black spot. Treatment...
    Good morning Spores are easily spread by water splash and infections take hold when the water remains on the leaf for about 6-7 hours. Areas with high summer rainfall and high humidity usually...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. wiseowl
    Informative x 3

Growing Roses from Rose Hips

The seedpod of a rose is called a rose hip.Propagating your roses with the rose hips grown off your own rose bushes is a great way to grow more of the bushes you love and even develop new...
    The seedpod of a rose is called a rose hip.Propagating your roses with the rose hips grown off your own rose bushes is a great way to grow more of the bushes you love and even develop new hybridized bushes from your own garden. The process of getting seeds to sprout, however, takes a few...
    The seedpod of a rose is called a rose hip.Propagating your roses with the rose hips grown off your own rose bushes is a great way to grow more of the bushes you love and even develop new hybridized bushes from your own garden. The process of...
    The seedpod of a rose is called a rose hip.Propagating your roses with the rose hips grown off your own rose bushes is a great way to grow more of the bushes you love and even develop new...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl

Growing Roses In Containers

Good morningTerracotta is made from clay – which is just a kind of soil – that is turned on a wheel and fired in a kiln. The hotter the firing, the more frost-resistant it will be. This is...
    Good morningTerracotta is made from clay – which is just a kind of soil – that is turned on a wheel and fired in a kiln. The hotter the firing, the more frost-resistant it will be. This is important because terracotta can crack and flake in very cold weather because the pots absorb water which...
    Good morningTerracotta is made from clay – which is just a kind of soil – that is turned on a wheel and fired in a kiln. The hotter the firing, the more frost-resistant it will be. This is important because terracotta can crack and flake in...
    Good morningTerracotta is made from clay – which is just a kind of soil – that is turned on a wheel and fired in a kiln. The hotter the firing, the more frost-resistant it will be. This is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 3

The Peace Rose

The most popular, best selling garden rose of all time is the rose known everywhere as 'Peace'. There are a number of stories about this rose, whose official name isRosa 'Madame A....
    The most popular, best selling garden rose of all time is the rose known everywhere as 'Peace'. There are a number of stories about this rose, whose official name isRosa 'Madame A. Meilland'.'Peace' was one of many roses pollinated in June of 1935 by the commercial rose growing Meilland family...
    The most popular, best selling garden rose of all time is the rose known everywhere as 'Peace'. There are a number of stories about this rose, whose official name isRosa 'Madame A. Meilland'.'Peace' was one of many roses pollinated in June of...
    The most popular, best selling garden rose of all time is the rose known everywhere as 'Peace'. There are a number of stories about this rose, whose official name isRosa 'Madame A....
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 3

Bare Root/Container Roses

Roses were first sold in pots, as were most plants, to fulfil the demands of the instant gardener but the traditional method of supply is as bare root plants in the winter months, often by mail...
    Roses were first sold in pots, as were most plants, to fulfil the demands of the instant gardener but the traditional method of supply is as bare root plants in the winter months, often by mail order. There is little between them as far as the ultimate plant is concerned but there are advantages...
    Roses were first sold in pots, as were most plants, to fulfil the demands of the instant gardener but the traditional method of supply is as bare root plants in the winter months, often by mail order. There is little between them as far as the...
    Roses were first sold in pots, as were most plants, to fulfil the demands of the instant gardener but the traditional method of supply is as bare root plants in the winter months, often by mail...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 4

POT SIZES

:lunapic 130165696578242 5:Good morning Eve just a shade different
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Marley Farley

Pruning of the Rose Family Reference Sheet..

Thanks, Great thread as I was looking for some info on when and how to prune roses
    Thanks, Great thread as I was looking for some info on when and how to prune roses
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. wiseowl

Planting Roses

GROWING ROSES IN CONTAINERS THIS IS ONLY WAY THAT I DO IT AND HAVE FOUND THAT IT HAS GIVEN ME THE BEST RESULTS OVER MANY YEARS. The best compost that I have found is a loam-based John Innes No...
    GROWING ROSES IN CONTAINERS THIS IS ONLY WAY THAT I DO IT AND HAVE FOUND THAT IT HAS GIVEN ME THE BEST RESULTS OVER MANY YEARS. The best compost that I have found is a loam-based John Innes No 3 to which 10 to 20 percent multi-purpose compost .I position the container before filling with...
    GROWING ROSES IN CONTAINERS THIS IS ONLY WAY THAT I DO IT AND HAVE FOUND THAT IT HAS GIVEN ME THE BEST RESULTS OVER MANY YEARS. The best compost that I have found is a loam-based John Innes No 3 to which 10 to 20 percent multi-purpose compost...
    GROWING ROSES IN CONTAINERS THIS IS ONLY WAY THAT I DO IT AND HAVE FOUND THAT IT HAS GIVEN ME THE BEST RESULTS OVER MANY YEARS. The best compost that I have found is a loam-based John Innes No...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14.   » Normal Threads
  15. luciusmaximus

Climbing Roses in Pots

Thanks for the replies :). Growing roses seem to be a little more involved than I thought :rolleyespink:. My approach to gardening tends to be ' stick in and see what happens ', 50/50 chance to grow or not.How...
    Thanks for the replies :). Growing roses seem to be a little more involved than I thought :rolleyespink:. My approach to gardening tends to be ' stick in and see what happens ', 50/50 chance to grow or not.How large does the pot need to be? How do I prune the roots? I don't think I'm very good at pruning, the...
    Thanks for the replies :). Growing roses seem to be a little more involved than I thought :rolleyespink:. My approach to gardening tends to be ' stick in and see what happens ', 50/50 chance to grow or not.How large does the pot need to be? How do I prune the...
    Thanks for the replies :). Growing roses seem to be a little more involved than I thought :rolleyespink:. My approach to gardening tends to be ' stick in and see what happens ', 50/50 chance to grow or not.How...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. PrunusB95

Iceberg Floribunda, pure white?

Thought so :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Valerian

Rosa Virgo

There's no Virgo's left in the UK??.........it's this free love society, I guess.:dunno:
    There's no Virgo's left in the UK??.........it's this free love society, I guess.:dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Josie

Rose with the name Emmeline, Emmie or Emma?

Good evening @Josie and a warm welcome to Gardeners Corner my friend,I shall look in my database for youI will keep looking for youROSE LITTLE EMILY-
    Good evening @Josie and a warm welcome to Gardeners Corner my friend,I shall look in my database for youI will keep looking for youROSE LITTLE EMILY-
    51KvgXWVzuL._SX425_.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sheal

Rose supplier

Thank you for your help :) I've worked it out now. Unlike yourself I wasn't clicking on one of the smaller images but clicking on the A to Z at the top of the page. Why the prices aren't shown...
    Thank you for your help :) I've worked it out now. Unlike yourself I wasn't clicking on one of the smaller images but clicking on the A to Z at the top of the page. Why the prices aren't shown there though, I can't fathom.
    Thank you for your help :) I've worked it out now. Unlike yourself I wasn't clicking on one of the smaller images but clicking on the A to Z at the top of the page. Why the prices aren't shown there though, I can't fathom.
    Thank you for your help :) I've worked it out now. Unlike yourself I wasn't clicking on one of the smaller images but clicking on the A to Z at the top of the page. Why the prices aren't shown...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Zigs
    Like x 9

Its Never Only a Rose 2016

I agree @wiseowl, :) does it have a name?
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Snorky85

Roses with problems

Thanks @Sheal The pic you posted really highlights the difference between them.Really want to get these roses back in shape so really grateful for all your advice.
    Thanks @Sheal The pic you posted really highlights the difference between them.Really want to get these roses back in shape so really grateful for all your advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Rustler

The right time?

Well, Woo. I took your advice and with a lot of limping around and climbing a set of steps, I have taken them down to suggested level. Hope you look forward to all the following questions on...
    Well, Woo. I took your advice and with a lot of limping around and climbing a set of steps, I have taken them down to suggested level. Hope you look forward to all the following questions on future maintenance and suggestions on new ones to add. Thanks matey. Looks so much better.
    Well, Woo. I took your advice and with a lot of limping around and climbing a set of steps, I have taken them down to suggested level. Hope you look forward to all the following questions on future maintenance and suggestions on new ones to add....
    Well, Woo. I took your advice and with a lot of limping around and climbing a set of steps, I have taken them down to suggested level. Hope you look forward to all the following questions on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. wiseowl
    Like x 5

This Years Roses 2016

My English miss in the early morning dew
    Blue for you.jpg CIMG0056 (768x1024).jpg CIMG0039 (837x1024).jpg Penny Lane.JPG P1040307.JPG P1040311.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Black Orchid

HELP! NASTY CREATURES ON MY ROSES!

Thank you ARMANDII for your picture which, seems, have frightened all my potential advisers. Lol
    Thank you ARMANDII for your picture which, seems, have frightened all my potential advisers. Lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Val..

Favourite Rose

Welcome to Gardeners Corner :sign0016:Very nice :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. bunty

Climbing Peace or Golden Showers?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- .I bought it reduced to 99p at the supermarket and found it still in the bag a year later. It looked...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- .I bought it reduced to 99p at the supermarket and found it still in the bag a year later. It looked as if there was still life in it so i shoved it in the ground and it took off. I now tend to buy...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- .I bought it reduced to 99p at the supermarket and found it still in the bag a year later. It looked as if there was still life in it so i shoved it...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- .I bought it reduced to 99p at the supermarket and found it still in the bag a year later. It looked...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Zigs
    Funny x 6

Mini Roses at Morrisons

Maybe they thought they were PEN knives :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Tim Shields

Rose bush sprouting Triffids

Thanks Nigel - will leave the Triffids alone :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. silu

Floribunda Rose stems not strong enough to hold up the blooms.

Oh prune the roots a la the bonsai treatment, good idea :ThankYou: @wiseowl, cunning plan. I am reluctant to "bin" them as that would seem rather unfair as they are doing their best to give a great show but...
    Oh prune the roots a la the bonsai treatment, good idea :ThankYou: @wiseowl, cunning plan. I am reluctant to "bin" them as that would seem rather unfair as they are doing their best to give a great show but overdoing it. Lots of hard work to replant them in the barrels this Autumn but think this could...
    Oh prune the roots a la the bonsai treatment, good idea :ThankYou: @wiseowl, cunning plan. I am reluctant to "bin" them as that would seem rather unfair as they are doing their best to give a great show but overdoing it. Lots of hard work to replant them...
    Oh prune the roots a la the bonsai treatment, good idea :ThankYou: @wiseowl, cunning plan. I am reluctant to "bin" them as that would seem rather unfair as they are doing their best to give a great show but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. Joolz

Unusual growth on D/A Lady Emma Hamilton shrub rose.

Hi @Joolz I will put my head on the block and say that it is in my opinion it is Robin's Pincushion and caused by the Gall Wasp it causes no detectable harm and can be retained as a curiosity or...
    Hi @Joolz I will put my head on the block and say that it is in my opinion it is Robin's Pincushion and caused by the Gall Wasp it causes no detectable harm and can be retained as a curiosity or cut off and burnThey look like a tangle of red and yellowy green filaments making a brightly...
    Hi @Joolz I will put my head on the block and say that it is in my opinion it is Robin's Pincushion and caused by the Gall Wasp it causes no detectable harm and can be retained as a curiosity or cut off and burnThey look like a tangle of red...
    Hi @Joolz I will put my head on the block and say that it is in my opinion it is Robin's Pincushion and caused by the Gall Wasp it causes no detectable harm and can be retained as a curiosity or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Jungle Jane

I must own this rose! ID please

Totally understand and I am most grateful :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. Fattyfish

Propagating roses from stems?

I think I'll steer clear of "Rose " questions for a bit lol.
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. nickp

My rose - seems to be dying following flowering

Good morning @nickp my friend here is a little information on your lovely RoseDark red Hybrid Multiflora. Registration name: Chevy Chase Bred by Niels J Hansen (United States, 1939)....
    Good morning @nickp my friend here is a little information on your lovely RoseDark red Hybrid Multiflora. Registration name: Chevy Chase Bred by Niels J Hansen (United States, 1939). Introduced in United States by Bobbink & Atkins in 1939 as 'Chevy Chase'. Hybrid Soulieana, Rambler. ...
    Good morning @nickp my friend here is a little information on your lovely RoseDark red Hybrid Multiflora. Registration name: Chevy Chase Bred by Niels J Hansen (United States, 1939). Introduced in United States by Bobbink & Atkins in 1939 as...
    Good morning @nickp my friend here is a little information on your lovely RoseDark red Hybrid Multiflora. Registration name: Chevy Chase Bred by Niels J Hansen (United States, 1939)....
    Replies:
    Views:
  34. Sandy Ground
    Like x 6

Uetersen Rosarium, Germany

Good afternoon @Sandy Ground thanks for sharing the photos with us
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options