1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please note - to keep GC running smoothly, from time to time the staff will have to close a long thread and continue it in a new thread. You too can do your bit to help - if you have a long running PM conversation, please terminate the conversation and start a new conversation. For further information, please contact a member of the staff team.
    Dismiss Notice

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. ARMANDII
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl
    Like x 3

PHOTOS OF OUR ROSES TAKEN THIS YEAR 2017

'Golden Wings', taken today
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl

PRUNING YOUR ROSES 2017

Our Garden has a very nice Thornless Rose, its just about flowering now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl
    Informative x 5

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO PRUNE YOUR ROSES

Good morning @Mowerman my friend yes I have more scars on me than your Rose canes;):heehee:
    Good morning @Mowerman my friend yes I have more scars on me than your Rose canes;):heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ARMANDII

IT'S NEVER ONLY A ROSE - 2017

The new thread for 2017:snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. wiseowl

Growing Roses In Containers

Good morningTerracotta is made from clay – which is just a kind of soil – that is turned on a wheel and fired in a kiln. The hotter the firing, the more frost-resistant it will be. This is...
    Good morningTerracotta is made from clay – which is just a kind of soil – that is turned on a wheel and fired in a kiln. The hotter the firing, the more frost-resistant it will be. This is important because terracotta can crack and flake in very cold weather because the pots absorb water which...
    Good morningTerracotta is made from clay – which is just a kind of soil – that is turned on a wheel and fired in a kiln. The hotter the firing, the more frost-resistant it will be. This is important because terracotta can crack and flake in...
    Good morningTerracotta is made from clay – which is just a kind of soil – that is turned on a wheel and fired in a kiln. The hotter the firing, the more frost-resistant it will be. This is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl
    Informative x 3

Bare Root/Container Roses

Roses were first sold in pots, as were most plants, to fulfil the demands of the instant gardener but the traditional method of supply is as bare root plants in the winter months, often by mail...
    Roses were first sold in pots, as were most plants, to fulfil the demands of the instant gardener but the traditional method of supply is as bare root plants in the winter months, often by mail order. There is little between them as far as the ultimate plant is concerned but there are advantages...
    Roses were first sold in pots, as were most plants, to fulfil the demands of the instant gardener but the traditional method of supply is as bare root plants in the winter months, often by mail order. There is little between them as far as the...
    Roses were first sold in pots, as were most plants, to fulfil the demands of the instant gardener but the traditional method of supply is as bare root plants in the winter months, often by mail...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9.   » Normal Threads
  10. Zigs

Should this be doing this?

@wiseowl ?Odd shaped leaves, has it got a virus? :yikes:
    DSCI0003 (13).JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Zigs

War of the Roses

That's Chelt ing ham for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Ses

Can anyone help with id?

Hi @Ses i have just found another photo of my New Dawn taken to n June when it was in full flower.As we are in drought conditions here where I live the bush is now starting to suffer a bit so the...
    Hi @Ses i have just found another photo of my New Dawn taken to n June when it was in full flower.As we are in drought conditions here where I live the bush is now starting to suffer a bit so the photo I put up was about the best I could offer:biggrin:Here is another photo to help you
    Hi @Ses i have just found another photo of my New Dawn taken to n June when it was in full flower.As we are in drought conditions here where I live the bush is now starting to suffer a bit so the photo I put up was about the best I could offer:biggrin:...
    Hi @Ses i have just found another photo of my New Dawn taken to n June when it was in full flower.As we are in drought conditions here where I live the bush is now starting to suffer a bit so the...
    20170705_052314.jpg 20170705_052258.jpg IMG_0858.JPG IMG_0781.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. HarryS

Yellow Rose ID ?

Ooh that's interesting-didn't think of that being a way to id a rose!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Loopylupin

Oh dear! My poor rose!

Thank you Wise Old Owl. I will have a bald rose as of tomorrow. I do do the pruning in the spring as a rule so will leave (un)well alone until then. Poor Mina rose....bought to mark birth of my...
    Thank you Wise Old Owl. I will have a bald rose as of tomorrow. I do do the pruning in the spring as a rule so will leave (un)well alone until then. Poor Mina rose....bought to mark birth of my granddaughter Minna. Should I feed the stalks or just water?
    Thank you Wise Old Owl. I will have a bald rose as of tomorrow. I do do the pruning in the spring as a rule so will leave (un)well alone until then. Poor Mina rose....bought to mark birth of my granddaughter Minna. Should I feed the stalks or...
    Thank you Wise Old Owl. I will have a bald rose as of tomorrow. I do do the pruning in the spring as a rule so will leave (un)well alone until then. Poor Mina rose....bought to mark birth of my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Snorky85

Climbing rose not flowering

This one had a few nasties at the base but the further away from the base there was hardly any!Worlds Favourite Rose! :) I like that. Specifically picked this one as my Great Grandad (who was a...
    This one had a few nasties at the base but the further away from the base there was hardly any!Worlds Favourite Rose! :) I like that. Specifically picked this one as my Great Grandad (who was a VERY keen gardener) used to grow it. :)
    This one had a few nasties at the base but the further away from the base there was hardly any!Worlds Favourite Rose! :) I like that. Specifically picked this one as my Great Grandad (who was a VERY keen gardener) used to grow it. :)
    This one had a few nasties at the base but the further away from the base there was hardly any!Worlds Favourite Rose! :) I like that. Specifically picked this one as my Great Grandad (who was a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. barryr

help with roses

Good morning @barryr no worries my friend its your TLC that is the reason for your Rose is simply blooming,well done;):blue thumb:
    Good morning @barryr no worries my friend its your TLC that is the reason for your Rose is simply blooming,well done;):blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Albertine

Rambling rose through a grapevine?

About your grape vine, have you tried leaving the fruit on for a lot longer. Sometimes people don't leave them on long enough.
    About your grape vine, have you tried leaving the fruit on for a lot longer. Sometimes people don't leave them on long enough.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Rustler

A Rose ID please.

Hi, it's very difficult, there's so many. But is it a hybrid tea, floribunda or a climber.? and how long ago.
    Hi, it's very difficult, there's so many. But is it a hybrid tea, floribunda or a climber.? and how long ago.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Clueless76

Climbing rose onto pergola

Thanks irmemac!
    Thanks irmemac!
    Thanks irmemac!
    Thanks irmemac!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. BrandNewGardener

I think I'm doing this wrong...

Thank you, I hope so. These were totally bare stems just a week ago! It's got a long way to go but it's a good start. :)
    Thank you, I hope so. These were totally bare stems just a week ago! It's got a long way to go but it's a good start. :)
    aDSC_0217.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Snorky85

Unknown climber - how to prine to promote more flowering ?

Mine are flowering now, maybe a week or two since.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. kamchow

stromboli to dog?

I've grown roses for many years @kamchow and the grafts have always been just above soil level. I haven't had issues with suckers so will continue to plant the same way in the future. :)Monty...
    I've grown roses for many years @kamchow and the grafts have always been just above soil level. I haven't had issues with suckers so will continue to plant the same way in the future. :)Monty Don? I'd take any advice he gives on any plant with a pinch of salt.
    I've grown roses for many years @kamchow and the grafts have always been just above soil level. I haven't had issues with suckers so will continue to plant the same way in the future. :)Monty Don? I'd take any advice he gives on any plant with a...
    I've grown roses for many years @kamchow and the grafts have always been just above soil level. I haven't had issues with suckers so will continue to plant the same way in the future. :)Monty...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Markymark

What's this white mould?

Good evening @Markymark the powdery mildew that attacks roses is known as Sphaerotheca pannosa Powdery mildew on roses will form what looks like a white powder over the surface area of the rose...
    Good evening @Markymark the powdery mildew that attacks roses is known as Sphaerotheca pannosa Powdery mildew on roses will form what looks like a white powder over the surface area of the rose leaves, and it may also spread to the stems and new rose buds. It can disfigure the leaves and they...
    Good evening @Markymark the powdery mildew that attacks roses is known as Sphaerotheca pannosa Powdery mildew on roses will form what looks like a white powder over the surface area of the rose leaves, and it may also spread to the stems and new...
    Good evening @Markymark the powdery mildew that attacks roses is known as Sphaerotheca pannosa Powdery mildew on roses will form what looks like a white powder over the surface area of the rose...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Jiffy

Looking for a Rose

Thank you M yes we are thrilled :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Zigs

Rose id

I'll really annoy my mate and pick it to bring up to Shineyland :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. TheMadHedger

"Rosa Favourite"

Thanks, it's a pink one. I'll pop it outside then. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Snorky85

Training a climber

Thanks @woo i'll have another look and see how flexible they are. If not i'll leave for now, but I was thinking that if I cut them off would they concentrate their energy on growing the stems up...
    Thanks @woo i'll have another look and see how flexible they are. If not i'll leave for now, but I was thinking that if I cut them off would they concentrate their energy on growing the stems up the trellis?(not sure if it works like that?!)
    Thanks @woo i'll have another look and see how flexible they are. If not i'll leave for now, but I was thinking that if I cut them off would they concentrate their energy on growing the stems up the trellis?(not sure if it works like that?!)
    Thanks @woo i'll have another look and see how flexible they are. If not i'll leave for now, but I was thinking that if I cut them off would they concentrate their energy on growing the stems up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Snorky85

Frost or black spot?

Thanks both, i'll get out there are get sorting them. Last year they were horrific but Id only just moved in-determined to make them better this year :)
    Thanks both, i'll get out there are get sorting them. Last year they were horrific but Id only just moved in-determined to make them better this year :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Linz

Sickly rose

@Linz I've been told in another thread by Zigs that the above is not EU legal. So I think I should point this out to you before I get my wrists slapped again. :doh::)
    @Linz I've been told in another thread by Zigs that the above is not EU legal. So I think I should point this out to you before I get my wrists slapped again. :doh::)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options