1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. ARMANDII

THIS YEARS ROSES - 2017

Rosa "Fragrant Cloud"
    Rosa "Fragrant Cloud"
    Rosa "Fragrant Cloud"
    Rosa "Fragrant Cloud"
    DSCI0002 (20).JPG Rose 'Rob Roy' (1).JPG P1240413.JPG P1240414.JPG Whisky mac.jpg P1240538.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

PRUNING YOUR ROSES 2017

Our Garden has a very nice Thornless Rose, its just about flowering now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl
    Like x 3

PHOTOS OF OUR ROSES TAKEN THIS YEAR 2017

If I did not already have the Flammentanz, that would have been put in the same spot, especially if my screen shows its true colour.
    If I did not already have the Flammentanz, that would have been put in the same spot, especially if my screen shows its true colour.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl
    Informative x 5

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO PRUNE YOUR ROSES

Good morning @Mowerman my friend yes I have more scars on me than your Rose canes;):heehee:
    Good morning @Mowerman my friend yes I have more scars on me than your Rose canes;):heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ARMANDII

IT'S NEVER ONLY A ROSE - 2017

The new thread for 2017:snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. wiseowl

Growing Roses In Containers

Good morningTerracotta is made from clay – which is just a kind of soil – that is turned on a wheel and fired in a kiln. The hotter the firing, the more frost-resistant it will be. This is...
    Good morningTerracotta is made from clay – which is just a kind of soil – that is turned on a wheel and fired in a kiln. The hotter the firing, the more frost-resistant it will be. This is important because terracotta can crack and flake in very cold weather because the pots absorb water which...
    Good morningTerracotta is made from clay – which is just a kind of soil – that is turned on a wheel and fired in a kiln. The hotter the firing, the more frost-resistant it will be. This is important because terracotta can crack and flake in...
    Good morningTerracotta is made from clay – which is just a kind of soil – that is turned on a wheel and fired in a kiln. The hotter the firing, the more frost-resistant it will be. This is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl
    Informative x 3

Bare Root/Container Roses

Roses were first sold in pots, as were most plants, to fulfil the demands of the instant gardener but the traditional method of supply is as bare root plants in the winter months, often by mail...
    Roses were first sold in pots, as were most plants, to fulfil the demands of the instant gardener but the traditional method of supply is as bare root plants in the winter months, often by mail order. There is little between them as far as the ultimate plant is concerned but there are advantages...
    Roses were first sold in pots, as were most plants, to fulfil the demands of the instant gardener but the traditional method of supply is as bare root plants in the winter months, often by mail order. There is little between them as far as the...
    Roses were first sold in pots, as were most plants, to fulfil the demands of the instant gardener but the traditional method of supply is as bare root plants in the winter months, often by mail...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9.   » Normal Threads
  10. kamchow

stromboli to dog?

I've grown roses for many years @kamchow and the grafts have always been just above soil level. I haven't had issues with suckers so will continue to plant the same way in the future. :)Monty...
    I've grown roses for many years @kamchow and the grafts have always been just above soil level. I haven't had issues with suckers so will continue to plant the same way in the future. :)Monty Don? I'd take any advice he gives on any plant with a pinch of salt.
    I've grown roses for many years @kamchow and the grafts have always been just above soil level. I haven't had issues with suckers so will continue to plant the same way in the future. :)Monty Don? I'd take any advice he gives on any plant with a...
    I've grown roses for many years @kamchow and the grafts have always been just above soil level. I haven't had issues with suckers so will continue to plant the same way in the future. :)Monty...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Markymark

What's this white mould?

Good evening @Markymark the powdery mildew that attacks roses is known as Sphaerotheca pannosa Powdery mildew on roses will form what looks like a white powder over the surface area of the rose...
    Good evening @Markymark the powdery mildew that attacks roses is known as Sphaerotheca pannosa Powdery mildew on roses will form what looks like a white powder over the surface area of the rose leaves, and it may also spread to the stems and new rose buds. It can disfigure the leaves and they...
    Good evening @Markymark the powdery mildew that attacks roses is known as Sphaerotheca pannosa Powdery mildew on roses will form what looks like a white powder over the surface area of the rose leaves, and it may also spread to the stems and new...
    Good evening @Markymark the powdery mildew that attacks roses is known as Sphaerotheca pannosa Powdery mildew on roses will form what looks like a white powder over the surface area of the rose...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Rustler

A Rose ID please.

Put in many years ago by my better half but no clue as to variety. Any help appreciated. Cheers, Russ
    Put in many years ago by my better half but no clue as to variety. Any help appreciated. Cheers, Russ
    IMG_4078.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jiffy

Looking for a Rose

Thank you M yes we are thrilled :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Zigs

Rose id

I'll really annoy my mate and pick it to bring up to Shineyland :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. BrandNewGardener

I think I'm doing this wrong...

You're welcome. :) Any fertiliser that isn't water based or watered in should be mixed with soil when used around the roots of any plant not just roses.
    You're welcome. :) Any fertiliser that isn't water based or watered in should be mixed with soil when used around the roots of any plant not just roses.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. TheMadHedger

"Rosa Favourite"

Thanks, it's a pink one. I'll pop it outside then. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Snorky85

Training a climber

Thanks @woo i'll have another look and see how flexible they are. If not i'll leave for now, but I was thinking that if I cut them off would they concentrate their energy on growing the stems up...
    Thanks @woo i'll have another look and see how flexible they are. If not i'll leave for now, but I was thinking that if I cut them off would they concentrate their energy on growing the stems up the trellis?(not sure if it works like that?!)
    Thanks @woo i'll have another look and see how flexible they are. If not i'll leave for now, but I was thinking that if I cut them off would they concentrate their energy on growing the stems up the trellis?(not sure if it works like that?!)
    Thanks @woo i'll have another look and see how flexible they are. If not i'll leave for now, but I was thinking that if I cut them off would they concentrate their energy on growing the stems up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Snorky85

Frost or black spot?

Thanks both, i'll get out there are get sorting them. Last year they were horrific but Id only just moved in-determined to make them better this year :)
    Thanks both, i'll get out there are get sorting them. Last year they were horrific but Id only just moved in-determined to make them better this year :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Albertine

Rambling rose through a grapevine?

Albertine is very prone to mildew. There are better varieties.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Linz

Sickly rose

@Linz I've been told in another thread by Zigs that the above is not EU legal. So I think I should point this out to you before I get my wrists slapped again. :doh::)
    @Linz I've been told in another thread by Zigs that the above is not EU legal. So I think I should point this out to you before I get my wrists slapped again. :doh::)
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. The Early Bushman

Potential threat

Thanks guys i didnt think it was Aphids as iv only seen them fully established
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Sandy Ground

Rose Problem

You're welcome John. We are all still learning no matter how much experience we have. Gardening is an endless subject and there's always something new for us to pick up on, which is why we're here...
    You're welcome John. We are all still learning no matter how much experience we have. Gardening is an endless subject and there's always something new for us to pick up on, which is why we're here on Gardeners Corner sharing info. :)
    You're welcome John. We are all still learning no matter how much experience we have. Gardening is an endless subject and there's always something new for us to pick up on, which is why we're here on Gardeners Corner sharing info. :)
    You're welcome John. We are all still learning no matter how much experience we have. Gardening is an endless subject and there's always something new for us to pick up on, which is why we're here...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Valerian

Rosa Virgo

Thanks Woo :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. barryr

help with roses

You are, as usual, Spot On , wiseowl. I have this rose in my back garden it is a lovely coloured Rose with a lovely perfume. I have tagged it with one of my Granddaughters names:: Niamh :dbgrtmb:.
    You are, as usual, Spot On , wiseowl. I have this rose in my back garden it is a lovely coloured Rose with a lovely perfume. I have tagged it with one of my Granddaughters names:: Niamh :dbgrtmb:.
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Sandy Ground

Single or Groups?

Good evening @Sandy Ground I will have a look on my database a little later my friend as I have to finish off my new border for the next hour,meanwhile here is a better photo of the beautiful Rose
    Good evening @Sandy Ground I will have a look on my database a little later my friend as I have to finish off my new border for the next hour,meanwhile here is a better photo of the beautiful Rose
    WP_20160619_008.jpg WP_20160619_009.jpg 004 (29).JPG comtes2.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. 2nd_bassoon

To prune or not to prune?

Many thanks @wiseowl - it was actually that thread that made me think of it, but I wasn't sure if two hard prunes in one winter would be too much. I'll add it to the job list for this week :)
    Many thanks @wiseowl - it was actually that thread that made me think of it, but I wasn't sure if two hard prunes in one winter would be too much. I'll add it to the job list for this week :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. luciusmaximus

Climbing Roses in Pots

That's good to hear ARMANDII :) I'm sure the buns will be greatly relieved :snorky:.
    That's good to hear ARMANDII :) I'm sure the buns will be greatly relieved :snorky:.
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. PrunusB95

Iceberg Floribunda, pure white?

Thought so :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Josie

Rose with the name Emmeline, Emmie or Emma?

Good evening @Josie and a warm welcome to Gardeners Corner my friend,I shall look in my database for youI will keep looking for youROSE LITTLE EMILY-
    Good evening @Josie and a warm welcome to Gardeners Corner my friend,I shall look in my database for youI will keep looking for youROSE LITTLE EMILY-
    51KvgXWVzuL._SX425_.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options