1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. ARMANDII

THIS YEARS ROSES - 2017

I like the red leaves but they tend to turn green as they age like 'Rob Roy' below. :)
    I like the red leaves but they tend to turn green as they age like 'Rob Roy' below. :)
    DSCI0002 (20).JPG Rose 'Rob Roy' (1).JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

PRUNING YOUR ROSES 2017

Our Garden has a very nice Thornless Rose, its just about flowering now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl
    Like x 3

PHOTOS OF OUR ROSES TAKEN THIS YEAR 2017

If I did not already have the Flammentanz, that would have been put in the same spot, especially if my screen shows its true colour.
    If I did not already have the Flammentanz, that would have been put in the same spot, especially if my screen shows its true colour.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl
    Informative x 5

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO PRUNE YOUR ROSES

Good morning @Mowerman my friend yes I have more scars on me than your Rose canes;):heehee:
    Good morning @Mowerman my friend yes I have more scars on me than your Rose canes;):heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ARMANDII

IT'S NEVER ONLY A ROSE - 2017

The new thread for 2017:snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. wiseowl

Growing Roses In Containers

Good morningTerracotta is made from clay – which is just a kind of soil – that is turned on a wheel and fired in a kiln. The hotter the firing, the more frost-resistant it will be. This is...
    Good morningTerracotta is made from clay – which is just a kind of soil – that is turned on a wheel and fired in a kiln. The hotter the firing, the more frost-resistant it will be. This is important because terracotta can crack and flake in very cold weather because the pots absorb water which...
    Good morningTerracotta is made from clay – which is just a kind of soil – that is turned on a wheel and fired in a kiln. The hotter the firing, the more frost-resistant it will be. This is important because terracotta can crack and flake in...
    Good morningTerracotta is made from clay – which is just a kind of soil – that is turned on a wheel and fired in a kiln. The hotter the firing, the more frost-resistant it will be. This is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl
    Informative x 3

Bare Root/Container Roses

Roses were first sold in pots, as were most plants, to fulfil the demands of the instant gardener but the traditional method of supply is as bare root plants in the winter months, often by mail...
    Roses were first sold in pots, as were most plants, to fulfil the demands of the instant gardener but the traditional method of supply is as bare root plants in the winter months, often by mail order. There is little between them as far as the ultimate plant is concerned but there are advantages...
    Roses were first sold in pots, as were most plants, to fulfil the demands of the instant gardener but the traditional method of supply is as bare root plants in the winter months, often by mail order. There is little between them as far as the...
    Roses were first sold in pots, as were most plants, to fulfil the demands of the instant gardener but the traditional method of supply is as bare root plants in the winter months, often by mail...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9.   » Normal Threads
  10. Linz

Sickly rose

@Linz I've been told in another thread by Zigs that the above is not EU legal. So I think I should point this out to you before I get my wrists slapped again. :doh::)
    @Linz I've been told in another thread by Zigs that the above is not EU legal. So I think I should point this out to you before I get my wrists slapped again. :doh::)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. The Early Bushman

Potential threat

Thanks guys i didnt think it was Aphids as iv only seen them fully established
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sandy Ground

Rose Problem

You're welcome John. We are all still learning no matter how much experience we have. Gardening is an endless subject and there's always something new for us to pick up on, which is why we're here...
    You're welcome John. We are all still learning no matter how much experience we have. Gardening is an endless subject and there's always something new for us to pick up on, which is why we're here on Gardeners Corner sharing info. :)
    You're welcome John. We are all still learning no matter how much experience we have. Gardening is an endless subject and there's always something new for us to pick up on, which is why we're here on Gardeners Corner sharing info. :)
    You're welcome John. We are all still learning no matter how much experience we have. Gardening is an endless subject and there's always something new for us to pick up on, which is why we're here...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Valerian

Rosa Virgo

Thanks Woo :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. barryr

help with roses

You are, as usual, Spot On , wiseowl. I have this rose in my back garden it is a lovely coloured Rose with a lovely perfume. I have tagged it with one of my Granddaughters names:: Niamh :dbgrtmb:.
    You are, as usual, Spot On , wiseowl. I have this rose in my back garden it is a lovely coloured Rose with a lovely perfume. I have tagged it with one of my Granddaughters names:: Niamh :dbgrtmb:.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Sandy Ground

Single or Groups?

Good evening @Sandy Ground I will have a look on my database a little later my friend as I have to finish off my new border for the next hour,meanwhile here is a better photo of the beautiful Rose
    Good evening @Sandy Ground I will have a look on my database a little later my friend as I have to finish off my new border for the next hour,meanwhile here is a better photo of the beautiful Rose
    WP_20160619_008.jpg WP_20160619_009.jpg 004 (29).JPG comtes2.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. 2nd_bassoon

To prune or not to prune?

Many thanks @wiseowl - it was actually that thread that made me think of it, but I wasn't sure if two hard prunes in one winter would be too much. I'll add it to the job list for this week :)
    Many thanks @wiseowl - it was actually that thread that made me think of it, but I wasn't sure if two hard prunes in one winter would be too much. I'll add it to the job list for this week :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. luciusmaximus

Climbing Roses in Pots

That's good to hear ARMANDII :) I'm sure the buns will be greatly relieved :snorky:.
    That's good to hear ARMANDII :) I'm sure the buns will be greatly relieved :snorky:.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. PrunusB95

Iceberg Floribunda, pure white?

Thought so :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Josie

Rose with the name Emmeline, Emmie or Emma?

Good evening @Josie and a warm welcome to Gardeners Corner my friend,I shall look in my database for youI will keep looking for youROSE LITTLE EMILY-
    Good evening @Josie and a warm welcome to Gardeners Corner my friend,I shall look in my database for youI will keep looking for youROSE LITTLE EMILY-
    51KvgXWVzuL._SX425_.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sheal

Rose supplier

Thank you for your help :) I've worked it out now. Unlike yourself I wasn't clicking on one of the smaller images but clicking on the A to Z at the top of the page. Why the prices aren't shown...
    Thank you for your help :) I've worked it out now. Unlike yourself I wasn't clicking on one of the smaller images but clicking on the A to Z at the top of the page. Why the prices aren't shown there though, I can't fathom.
    Thank you for your help :) I've worked it out now. Unlike yourself I wasn't clicking on one of the smaller images but clicking on the A to Z at the top of the page. Why the prices aren't shown there though, I can't fathom.
    Thank you for your help :) I've worked it out now. Unlike yourself I wasn't clicking on one of the smaller images but clicking on the A to Z at the top of the page. Why the prices aren't shown...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Zigs
    Like x 9

Its Never Only a Rose 2016

I agree @wiseowl, :) does it have a name?
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Snorky85

Roses with problems

Thanks @Sheal The pic you posted really highlights the difference between them.Really want to get these roses back in shape so really grateful for all your advice.
    Thanks @Sheal The pic you posted really highlights the difference between them.Really want to get these roses back in shape so really grateful for all your advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Rustler

The right time?

Well, Woo. I took your advice and with a lot of limping around and climbing a set of steps, I have taken them down to suggested level. Hope you look forward to all the following questions on...
    Well, Woo. I took your advice and with a lot of limping around and climbing a set of steps, I have taken them down to suggested level. Hope you look forward to all the following questions on future maintenance and suggestions on new ones to add. Thanks matey. Looks so much better.
    Well, Woo. I took your advice and with a lot of limping around and climbing a set of steps, I have taken them down to suggested level. Hope you look forward to all the following questions on future maintenance and suggestions on new ones to add....
    Well, Woo. I took your advice and with a lot of limping around and climbing a set of steps, I have taken them down to suggested level. Hope you look forward to all the following questions on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. wiseowl
    Like x 5

This Years Roses 2016

My English miss in the early morning dew
    Blue for you.jpg CIMG0056 (768x1024).jpg CIMG0039 (837x1024).jpg Penny Lane.JPG P1040307.JPG P1040311.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Black Orchid

HELP! NASTY CREATURES ON MY ROSES!

Thank you ARMANDII for your picture which, seems, have frightened all my potential advisers. Lol
    Thank you ARMANDII for your picture which, seems, have frightened all my potential advisers. Lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Val..

Favourite Rose

Welcome to Gardeners Corner :sign0016:Very nice :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. bunty

Climbing Peace or Golden Showers?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- .I bought it reduced to 99p at the supermarket and found it still in the bag a year later. It looked...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- .I bought it reduced to 99p at the supermarket and found it still in the bag a year later. It looked as if there was still life in it so i shoved it in the ground and it took off. I now tend to buy...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- .I bought it reduced to 99p at the supermarket and found it still in the bag a year later. It looked as if there was still life in it so i shoved it...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- .I bought it reduced to 99p at the supermarket and found it still in the bag a year later. It looked...
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Zigs
    Funny x 6

Mini Roses at Morrisons

Maybe they thought they were PEN knives :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. wiseowl

New Roses 2016 & 2017

I like the look of climber 'Scent from Heaven' but I wonder if the colour fades as the flowers age?
    I like the look of climber 'Scent from Heaven' but I wonder if the colour fades as the flowers age?
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options