Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. SuziCul

New shoot or Rose rosette?

That’s what I thought… about 15 mins after we chopped them all off in a panicyeh it’s the most beautiful climber that I inherited with the house I bought 2 years ago.
    That’s what I thought… about 15 mins after we chopped them all off in a panicyeh it’s the most beautiful climber that I inherited with the house I bought 2 years ago.
    upload_2023-7-16_14-5-48.jpeg upload_2023-7-16_14-17-37.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Drahcir

To propogate very old rose.

I've never tried to propagate a rose. I've divided pots of miniature roses on a couple of occasions with some success 7 I've grown one from seed. That now flowers every year & has beautiful butter...
    I've never tried to propagate a rose. I've divided pots of miniature roses on a couple of occasions with some success 7 I've grown one from seed. That now flowers every year & has beautiful butter gold single flowers every year at the end of April beginning of May. . . .
    I've never tried to propagate a rose. I've divided pots of miniature roses on a couple of occasions with some success 7 I've grown one from seed. That now flowers every year & has beautiful butter gold single flowers every year at the end of...
    I've never tried to propagate a rose. I've divided pots of miniature roses on a couple of occasions with some success 7 I've grown one from seed. That now flowers every year & has beautiful butter...
    P1080660.JPG P1080662.JPG P1080663.JPG P1080664.JPG P1080665.JPG Chinese rose just opened on balcony 30th April 2023 002 (Macro).jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. groundbeetle

Why do roses droop like this?

I think our resident rose expert would agree with me when I say that Potassium will not help much, especially for the first round of blooms, as roses flower on the growth they make this year...
    I think our resident rose expert would agree with me when I say that Potassium will not help much, especially for the first round of blooms, as roses flower on the growth they make this year (well, the bush roses that most people have in their gardens do). Potash as it is also known by will help...
    I think our resident rose expert would agree with me when I say that Potassium will not help much, especially for the first round of blooms, as roses flower on the growth they make this year (well, the bush roses that most people have in their...
    I think our resident rose expert would agree with me when I say that Potassium will not help much, especially for the first round of blooms, as roses flower on the growth they make this year...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Raymond Campbell

Rose ID help

Can anyone help to identify this rose from my grandmother's garden? It is around 25 years old, and I believe it is a hybrid tea, though the name itself is long lost to history for us. As pictures...
    Can anyone help to identify this rose from my grandmother's garden? It is around 25 years old, and I believe it is a hybrid tea, though the name itself is long lost to history for us. As pictures attached show, it has very large high centred blooms with gently curved edges, not the typical...
    Can anyone help to identify this rose from my grandmother's garden? It is around 25 years old, and I believe it is a hybrid tea, though the name itself is long lost to history for us. As pictures attached show, it has very large high centred...
    Can anyone help to identify this rose from my grandmother's garden? It is around 25 years old, and I believe it is a hybrid tea, though the name itself is long lost to history for us. As pictures...
    20210628_182515.jpg 20210702_171430.jpg 20210702_171438.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Susieshoe

Can someone ID this rose for me?

We have this in our garden (Eye Of The Tiger). It’s a very good ‘doer’ and never lets us down.
    We have this in our garden (Eye Of The Tiger). It’s a very good ‘doer’ and never lets us down.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ManekiNekoUK

The Mystery of the Snapped Rosebuds

Hello, thank you for your replyWow, that is so interesting, abscission! And you are right, the stems are red or yellow, I hadn’t realised that.My thoughts are that possibly Wildeve didn’t...
    Hello, thank you for your replyWow, that is so interesting, abscission! And you are right, the stems are red or yellow, I hadn’t realised that.My thoughts are that possibly Wildeve didn’t have enough nutrients or energy to support all her buds. She had over 30 and now she has about 20. She...
    Hello, thank you for your replyWow, that is so interesting, abscission! And you are right, the stems are red or yellow, I hadn’t realised that.My thoughts are that possibly Wildeve didn’t have enough nutrients or energy to support all her...
    Hello, thank you for your replyWow, that is so interesting, abscission! And you are right, the stems are red or yellow, I hadn’t realised that.My thoughts are that possibly Wildeve didn’t...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Edo

Rose leaves turning brown

The leaves on my climbing rose are turning brown as in the photo. It doesn’t seem to be black spot. Any ideas if this is a disease, nutrient deficiency or could this be due to overwatering if the...
    The leaves on my climbing rose are turning brown as in the photo. It doesn’t seem to be black spot. Any ideas if this is a disease, nutrient deficiency or could this be due to overwatering if the roots have become waterlogged. I may have been over enthusiastic with watering during this dry spell.
    The leaves on my climbing rose are turning brown as in the photo. It doesn’t seem to be black spot. Any ideas if this is a disease, nutrient deficiency or could this be due to overwatering if the roots have become waterlogged. I may have been...
    The leaves on my climbing rose are turning brown as in the photo. It doesn’t seem to be black spot. Any ideas if this is a disease, nutrient deficiency or could this be due to overwatering if the...
    IMG_0398.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Clemenza

Brown Staining on the Leaves of my Rose Bushes

@Clemenza no worries my friend if you have anymore questions just ask;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Black Dog

"Warm Welcome" - Experiences?

Oh that is beautiful...so love the colour!! :imphrt:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Petal809

What’s wrong with my rose

Ahh thank you, that makes sense. I will get some.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. groundbeetle

Jacqueline du Pre

The Jacqueline du Pre rose is still almost the earliest rose to flower, after the magenta single Rosa rugosa. Beautiful very pale pink, with nice perfume. And the ladybird larvae like it, they...
    The Jacqueline du Pre rose is still almost the earliest rose to flower, after the magenta single Rosa rugosa. Beautiful very pale pink, with nice perfume. And the ladybird larvae like it, they have been cleaning it for weeks.This morning I saw the first flower of the year on the Jacqueline...
    The Jacqueline du Pre rose is still almost the earliest rose to flower, after the magenta single Rosa rugosa. Beautiful very pale pink, with nice perfume. And the ladybird larvae like it, they have been cleaning it for weeks.This morning I...
    The Jacqueline du Pre rose is still almost the earliest rose to flower, after the magenta single Rosa rugosa. Beautiful very pale pink, with nice perfume. And the ladybird larvae like it, they...
    246778.jpg C4A9EEEB-43BB-4545-8316-9318212BEF47.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. wiseowl
    Like x 5

Woos 5 New Roses

Hallo @wiseowl , My Kerressia I'd in bud now but the blooms will be along soon. I is a beautiful " fresh " yellow.... Jenny namaste
    Hallo @wiseowl , My Kerressia I'd in bud now but the blooms will be along soon. I is a beautiful " fresh " yellow.... Jenny namaste
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. SuziCul

Rose stem with no pigment…?

I’ve been on the other side of the world living in condos with communal gardens full of palm trees with gardeners coming every week. This is a whole new world for me but I’m loving it and I’m so...
    I’ve been on the other side of the world living in condos with communal gardens full of palm trees with gardeners coming every week. This is a whole new world for me but I’m loving it and I’m so grateful. Thanks for the lovely comments and good luck building your garden. I don’t think I could...
    I’ve been on the other side of the world living in condos with communal gardens full of palm trees with gardeners coming every week. This is a whole new world for me but I’m loving it and I’m so grateful. Thanks for the lovely comments and good...
    I’ve been on the other side of the world living in condos with communal gardens full of palm trees with gardeners coming every week. This is a whole new world for me but I’m loving it and I’m so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Tara Jane

poorly rose

Good morning @Tara Jane then I would definitely prune each lateral back to 6 inches,if you need anyother help just ask
    Good morning @Tara Jane then I would definitely prune each lateral back to 6 inches,if you need anyother help just ask
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Shyamalie Satkunanandan

Rose bush snapped at the base - can I save it?

Good morning it looks like its been broken quite a while,my advice for what its worth is dig it out and replace it with another one
    Good morning it looks like its been broken quite a while,my advice for what its worth is dig it out and replace it with another one
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Loofah

Suggest a climbing rose

Lovely @Perki :) I think my wife made a good choice with everyone's advice
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. wiseowl
    Like x 8

New Roses for 2023

I luv yellow, it went so out of fashion .. (snob value) great to see a new introduction
    I luv yellow, it went so out of fashion .. (snob value) great to see a new introduction
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. wiseowl
    Like x 8

Rose of the year 2023

Good evening @Sheal my friend you are most welcome
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. amyjones329

Advice please...

Thats really some thing new...Thankyou so much
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Dan Myatt

Roses for Christmas gifts

good idea so I bought myself 3Scent from HeavenPeach MelbaBathsheba
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice