1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Loofah

Suggest a climbing rose

Lovely @Perki :) I think my wife made a good choice with everyone's advice
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. wiseowl
    Like x 8

New Roses for 2023

I luv yellow, it went so out of fashion .. (snob value) great to see a new introduction
    I luv yellow, it went so out of fashion .. (snob value) great to see a new introduction
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl
    Like x 8

Rose of the year 2023

Good evening @Sheal my friend you are most welcome
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. amyjones329

Advice please...

Thats really some thing new...Thankyou so much
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Dan Myatt

Roses for Christmas gifts

good idea so I bought myself 3Scent from HeavenPeach MelbaBathsheba
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. vbgr

weak dilution of Jeyes fluid

I have used the 'old stuff' for many years; and reluctantly bought the 'new' as the only available option .(Its not helpful for the label upon it to declare "the original formula" when its clearly...
    I have used the 'old stuff' for many years; and reluctantly bought the 'new' as the only available option .(Its not helpful for the label upon it to declare "the original formula" when its clearly not.) However, recently diluted and applied to moss on tarmac on the northern side of the house and...
    I have used the 'old stuff' for many years; and reluctantly bought the 'new' as the only available option .(Its not helpful for the label upon it to declare "the original formula" when its clearly not.) However, recently diluted and applied to...
    I have used the 'old stuff' for many years; and reluctantly bought the 'new' as the only available option .(Its not helpful for the label upon it to declare "the original formula" when its clearly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. JWK

Member's Roses 2022

Some that's left, it was a bit breezy
    20220412_212549.jpg D0511E5D-E14F-4353-8E51-159E5ADBD8CD.jpeg 49A69771-00EC-4E4A-87B1-ECB690E444F5.jpeg 5BC92908-5EF8-48BB-AA87-23DD5861ABAD.jpeg 20220526_101220.jpg 20220602_104720.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Sajehar

80% death rate of rose bushes... HELP!

I agree with @gks, this could well be re-plant disease. Were there, or could there have been, roses in the spot previous to planting the Blue Moon Sajehar? It could be they just didn't flourish...
    I agree with @gks, this could well be re-plant disease. Were there, or could there have been, roses in the spot previous to planting the Blue Moon Sajehar? It could be they just didn't flourish there but having planted the yellow roses in the same spot does suggest it's the disease. Nobody is...
    I agree with @gks, this could well be re-plant disease. Were there, or could there have been, roses in the spot previous to planting the Blue Moon Sajehar? It could be they just didn't flourish there but having planted the yellow roses in the...
    I agree with @gks, this could well be re-plant disease. Were there, or could there have been, roses in the spot previous to planting the Blue Moon Sajehar? It could be they just didn't flourish...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Jasmine star
    Like x 8

I've done it again!

@Michael Hewett I think you are right. It's just not meant to be as I bought 3 rose polo last year, bare root in autumn. When they flowered they were all pink :noidea: the GC said they must of got mixed...
    @Michael Hewett I think you are right. It's just not meant to be as I bought 3 rose polo last year, bare root in autumn. When they flowered they were all pink :noidea: the GC said they must of got mixed up and they didn't know what they were.
    @Michael Hewett I think you are right. It's just not meant to be as I bought 3 rose polo last year, bare root in autumn. When they flowered they were all pink :noidea: the GC said they must of got mixed up and they didn't know what they were.
    @Michael Hewett I think you are right. It's just not meant to be as I bought 3 rose polo last year, bare root in autumn. When they flowered they were all pink :noidea: the GC said they must of got mixed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ETAF

what to do with these roses

Good afternoon @ETAF my friend sounds to me if you prune it just like you have said it it will turn out just fine my friend I would usually say prune in Feb/March but with our Winters getting...
    Good afternoon @ETAF my friend sounds to me if you prune it just like you have said it it will turn out just fine my friend I would usually say prune in Feb/March but with our Winters getting wetter and warmer and your location November/December will do a treat and please don't hestitate to ask...
    Good afternoon @ETAF my friend sounds to me if you prune it just like you have said it it will turn out just fine my friend I would usually say prune in Feb/March but with our Winters getting wetter and warmer and your location November/December...
    Good afternoon @ETAF my friend sounds to me if you prune it just like you have said it it will turn out just fine my friend I would usually say prune in Feb/March but with our Winters getting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Logan
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Lh339

Standard rose - sucker or potential new stem?

Good morning @Lh339 its a sucker and you must pull it off if you cut a sucker off it will only grow again,many people try to remove sucker canes by cutting them with a pair of secateurs.Don’t do...
    Good morning @Lh339 its a sucker and you must pull it off if you cut a sucker off it will only grow again,many people try to remove sucker canes by cutting them with a pair of secateurs.Don’t do this.Simply pruning rose suckers will only encourage them to grow back with more vigour. break it...
    Good morning @Lh339 its a sucker and you must pull it off if you cut a sucker off it will only grow again,many people try to remove sucker canes by cutting them with a pair of secateurs.Don’t do this.Simply pruning rose suckers will only...
    Good morning @Lh339 its a sucker and you must pull it off if you cut a sucker off it will only grow again,many people try to remove sucker canes by cutting them with a pair of secateurs.Don’t do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Barders

Advice on moving an established Rose now (late August) please?

Thank you @wiseowl :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Christmasdiane

Deadheading to flowering time

Sounds adventurous....please post some pics.:biggrin: :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. pommers123

Propogated a rose - it's flowered after 3 months

This thread is really useful to me as I have a rose tree grown from seed about three years ago, that has survived me doing things it would have preferred not. This year it has had four...
    This thread is really useful to me as I have a rose tree grown from seed about three years ago, that has survived me doing things it would have preferred not. This year it has had four beautiful deep purple flowers and from those is forming hips, and is now producing plenty of fresh new...
    This thread is really useful to me as I have a rose tree grown from seed about three years ago, that has survived me doing things it would have preferred not. This year it has had four beautiful deep purple flowers and from those is forming...
    This thread is really useful to me as I have a rose tree grown from seed about three years ago, that has survived me doing things it would have preferred not. This year it has had four...
    Welcome Roses.jpeg upload_2022-8-12_15-38-14.png 92A654F0-2787-4FAE-B820-2D9D526EB01D.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. CarolineL

Le Grice type roses

Good afternoon @CarolineL just he did have a nursery in Norfolk but he retired in 2018 as far as I know but I shall make some enquiries for youReference only rose nursery Owned by Bill...
    Good afternoon @CarolineL just he did have a nursery in Norfolk but he retired in 2018 as far as I know but I shall make some enquiries for youReference only rose nursery Owned by Bill LeGrice. Listing last updated on 15 Sep 2021. Catalog: Online. Newsletter available. Wroxham...
    Good afternoon @CarolineL just he did have a nursery in Norfolk but he retired in 2018 as far as I know but I shall make some enquiries for youReference only rose nursery Owned by Bill LeGrice. Listing last updated on 15 Sep 2021. Catalog:...
    Good afternoon @CarolineL just he did have a nursery in Norfolk but he retired in 2018 as far as I know but I shall make some enquiries for youReference only rose nursery Owned by Bill...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. barryman

Advice needed re this rose bush !!

I'm another rule breaker. My Alchemist only flowers once in the year so I had to move it now to get maximum growth for next year. Fingers crossed. It took me about half an hour to get it into it's...
    I'm another rule breaker. My Alchemist only flowers once in the year so I had to move it now to get maximum growth for next year. Fingers crossed. It took me about half an hour to get it into it's new spot
    I'm another rule breaker. My Alchemist only flowers once in the year so I had to move it now to get maximum growth for next year. Fingers crossed. It took me about half an hour to get it into it's new spot
    I'm another rule breaker. My Alchemist only flowers once in the year so I had to move it now to get maximum growth for next year. Fingers crossed. It took me about half an hour to get it into it's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Michael04

Patio Ruby Wishes

Good morning @groundbeetle my friend thank you for your information that is very useful as I am still trying to find an answer for this in the Rose world which is out there somewhere
    Good morning @groundbeetle my friend thank you for your information that is very useful as I am still trying to find an answer for this in the Rose world which is out there somewhere
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Black Dog

Roses - How deep do the roots go?

They are one of the few shrubs that survive here without watering, and droughts can last for 3 months. That is on clay soil, though. I have found that under stress grafted roses sucker abundantly,...
    They are one of the few shrubs that survive here without watering, and droughts can last for 3 months. That is on clay soil, though. I have found that under stress grafted roses sucker abundantly, which is a pain. The solution is to propagate replacement plants from cuttings :)
    They are one of the few shrubs that survive here without watering, and droughts can last for 3 months. That is on clay soil, though. I have found that under stress grafted roses sucker abundantly, which is a pain. The solution is to propagate...
    They are one of the few shrubs that survive here without watering, and droughts can last for 3 months. That is on clay soil, though. I have found that under stress grafted roses sucker abundantly,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. spiidey

What's wrong with rose

Good morning @pete to be perfectly honest that's because the people that grow these Roses just don't look after them or in this case look after them to much(Killing them with Kindness comes to...
    Good morning @pete to be perfectly honest that's because the people that grow these Roses just don't look after them or in this case look after them to much(Killing them with Kindness comes to mind)that's why the Roses are look sick and want reporting to the RSPCR :heehee::heehee::heehee:@spiidey I have looked at...
    Good morning @pete to be perfectly honest that's because the people that grow these Roses just don't look after them or in this case look after them to much(Killing them with Kindness comes to mind)that's why the Roses are look sick and want...
    Good morning @pete to be perfectly honest that's because the people that grow these Roses just don't look after them or in this case look after them to much(Killing them with Kindness comes to...
    D6BDACB0-782E-49B9-AF67-3375E0038E95.jpeg 99F517EB-1325-4B82-A598-7255F19AB6FB.jpeg AA6F0690-7F4F-4B28-B1E6-1A0BF3C4BB66.jpeg 98556026-E24F-497C-B525-F419A1222F69.jpeg 2441BA47-997F-4003-BC93-E1A1F879B557.jpeg 77DDED13-92FB-4018-87A1-AF875B8CA0C9.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice