Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Jocko
    Like x 3

Donated rose

My first Nasturtium "Dayglow" flowered a couple of days ago. It was grown from seed, in a hanging basket, and we were thrilled because it looked like it was only producing leaves.
    My first Nasturtium "Dayglow" flowered a couple of days ago. It was grown from seed, in a hanging basket, and we were thrilled because it looked like it was only producing leaves.
    Next door's donated roses 16-6-22.jpg Kapuzinerkresse.jpg The first of my Nasturtiums 16-6-22.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Cortex

Noob KORHocsel Help

Hi!I'm a relative noob to rose growing and recently purchased and planted Abracadabra (KORHocsel) into a 50cm container at the same time as three other roses.Is the yellow colouration on the...
    Hi!I'm a relative noob to rose growing and recently purchased and planted Abracadabra (KORHocsel) into a 50cm container at the same time as three other roses.Is the yellow colouration on the foliage normal or disease / problem related? None of the other three have it so far and if it is a...
    Hi!I'm a relative noob to rose growing and recently purchased and planted Abracadabra (KORHocsel) into a 50cm container at the same time as three other roses.Is the yellow colouration on the foliage normal or disease / problem related? None...
    Hi!I'm a relative noob to rose growing and recently purchased and planted Abracadabra (KORHocsel) into a 50cm container at the same time as three other roses.Is the yellow colouration on the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Jocko

What is this on rose leaves?

Thanks. I have been removing the leaves. Good to know about the watering. I normally just spray them with the hose.
    Thanks. I have been removing the leaves. Good to know about the watering. I normally just spray them with the hose.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Jocko

Problems growing roses.

Putting fertiliser of any kind in the bottom of a hole defeats the object because the roots sit above it. As our friends have said here, fertiliser is best mixed in with soil and then back filled...
    Putting fertiliser of any kind in the bottom of a hole defeats the object because the roots sit above it. As our friends have said here, fertiliser is best mixed in with soil and then back filled into the hole. When the plant is watered the fertiliser will wash through to the roots without...
    Putting fertiliser of any kind in the bottom of a hole defeats the object because the roots sit above it. As our friends have said here, fertiliser is best mixed in with soil and then back filled into the hole. When the plant is watered the...
    Putting fertiliser of any kind in the bottom of a hole defeats the object because the roots sit above it. As our friends have said here, fertiliser is best mixed in with soil and then back filled...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Jasmine star

Rose question.

Wonderful :love30: thank you @wiseowl . I can feel a sneaky little obsession beginning with these Rose's :heehee:I have my eye on a Koko loko.
    Wonderful :love30: thank you @wiseowl . I can feel a sneaky little obsession beginning with these Rose's :heehee:I have my eye on a Koko loko.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. groundbeetle
    Like x 5

Miniature rose, Estrelita de Oro

Good evening @groundbeetle my friend its a lovely little RoseBaby Goldstar Deep yellow Miniature. Registration name: Baby Gold Star Bred by (Pere) Dot Pedro (Spain, circa 1935). Introduced in...
    Good evening @groundbeetle my friend its a lovely little RoseBaby Goldstar Deep yellow Miniature. Registration name: Baby Gold Star Bred by (Pere) Dot Pedro (Spain, circa 1935). Introduced in United States by Conard -Pyle (Star Roses) in 1940 as 'Baby Gold Star'. Introduced in Australia by...
    Good evening @groundbeetle my friend its a lovely little RoseBaby Goldstar Deep yellow Miniature. Registration name: Baby Gold Star Bred by (Pere) Dot Pedro (Spain, circa 1935). Introduced in United States by Conard -Pyle (Star Roses) in 1940...
    Good evening @groundbeetle my friend its a lovely little RoseBaby Goldstar Deep yellow Miniature. Registration name: Baby Gold Star Bred by (Pere) Dot Pedro (Spain, circa 1935). Introduced in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Glynne Williams

Pruning old roses

Further to my post re pruning into brown, Old, stems. Have had one or two buds arrise, though most from greener stems, including the green basal shoots. As befits a Peace plant, its really...
    Further to my post re pruning into brown, Old, stems. Have had one or two buds arrise, though most from greener stems, including the green basal shoots. As befits a Peace plant, its really developing well with a great shape!
    Further to my post re pruning into brown, Old, stems. Have had one or two buds arrise, though most from greener stems, including the green basal shoots. As befits a Peace plant, its really developing well with a great shape!
    Further to my post re pruning into brown, Old, stems. Have had one or two buds arrise, though most from greener stems, including the green basal shoots. As befits a Peace plant, its really...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. fumanchu

David Austin roses

The roses I have bought from Cant's have always been healthy and well packaged. The only drawback, as with most nurseries, is the extra cost of delivering here to Scotland, especially the...
    The roses I have bought from Cant's have always been healthy and well packaged. The only drawback, as with most nurseries, is the extra cost of delivering here to Scotland, especially the Highlands. If you buy them bare root later in the year they will be cheaper.As long as the wind isn't...
    The roses I have bought from Cant's have always been healthy and well packaged. The only drawback, as with most nurseries, is the extra cost of delivering here to Scotland, especially the Highlands. If you buy them bare root later in the year...
    The roses I have bought from Cant's have always been healthy and well packaged. The only drawback, as with most nurseries, is the extra cost of delivering here to Scotland, especially the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. torlaw

Should I trim back my climbing rose now?

Definitely get some sturdy but unobtrusive wire in place over the door, fixed to rawl-plugged screws or hooks. When you tie in the rose stems, arching them over to the horizontal, they'll flower...
    Definitely get some sturdy but unobtrusive wire in place over the door, fixed to rawl-plugged screws or hooks. When you tie in the rose stems, arching them over to the horizontal, they'll flower all along the stems. The plant looks a bit young to be needing much pruning but it's never too soon...
    Definitely get some sturdy but unobtrusive wire in place over the door, fixed to rawl-plugged screws or hooks. When you tie in the rose stems, arching them over to the horizontal, they'll flower all along the stems. The plant looks a bit young to...
    Definitely get some sturdy but unobtrusive wire in place over the door, fixed to rawl-plugged screws or hooks. When you tie in the rose stems, arching them over to the horizontal, they'll flower...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Curlylocks

Have I just been nurturing a runner?!

Welcome Curlylocks. :)Lucky! (the exclamation mark is part of it's name) is a floribunda rose shrub which should have dense foliage and a mass of perfumed, lilac pink blooms throughout the...
    Welcome Curlylocks. :)Lucky! (the exclamation mark is part of it's name) is a floribunda rose shrub which should have dense foliage and a mass of perfumed, lilac pink blooms throughout the flowering season. I had one amongst the roses in my last garden....It's the only rose I've had that...
    Welcome Curlylocks. :)Lucky! (the exclamation mark is part of it's name) is a floribunda rose shrub which should have dense foliage and a mass of perfumed, lilac pink blooms throughout the flowering season. I had one amongst the roses in my last...
    Welcome Curlylocks. :)Lucky! (the exclamation mark is part of it's name) is a floribunda rose shrub which should have dense foliage and a mass of perfumed, lilac pink blooms throughout the...
    6644286F-A994-4169-8146-649C05C4AA69.jpeg C41B4F5C-CBDD-4BF3-8C94-4D9C801FED77.jpeg Rose 'Lucky!' (1).JPG Rose 'Lucky!' (3).JPG 041 Pruning roses.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Alfiesmum

Rose Golden showers

Decided to go for a 'Golden Gate' instead, but this thread was really helpful to make a decisionI dont expect them to be that different, so the availability from where i live made the biggest...
    Decided to go for a 'Golden Gate' instead, but this thread was really helpful to make a decisionI dont expect them to be that different, so the availability from where i live made the biggest difference
    Decided to go for a 'Golden Gate' instead, but this thread was really helpful to make a decisionI dont expect them to be that different, so the availability from where i live made the biggest difference
    Decided to go for a 'Golden Gate' instead, but this thread was really helpful to make a decisionI dont expect them to be that different, so the availability from where i live made the biggest...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Spruce

Rose Scent from Heaven

and a another to shop around with to get the cheapest price and 5 year guarantee...I have found :bareroot 1 x plant £8.99 4ltr pot x1 £27.99
    and a another to shop around with to get the cheapest price and 5 year guarantee...I have found :bareroot 1 x plant £8.99 4ltr pot x1 £27.99
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. groundbeetle

"Nodding" Roses.

I have always thought it was simply due to overzealous breeders trying to produce the most impressively large blooms. The only rose I've grown where this was really a problem was 'Special...
    I have always thought it was simply due to overzealous breeders trying to produce the most impressively large blooms. The only rose I've grown where this was really a problem was 'Special Anniversary' (Whastiluc), but the beautiful large pink flowers and rich fragrance made the nodding seem like...
    I have always thought it was simply due to overzealous breeders trying to produce the most impressively large blooms. The only rose I've grown where this was really a problem was 'Special Anniversary' (Whastiluc), but the beautiful large pink...
    I have always thought it was simply due to overzealous breeders trying to produce the most impressively large blooms. The only rose I've grown where this was really a problem was 'Special...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. CostasK

Problem around crown

Thank you very much Nigel. I hope you are right as I love this rose & it seems to be doing alright, excluding this issue. Good idea, I will email them and ask for advice.
    Thank you very much Nigel. I hope you are right as I love this rose & it seems to be doing alright, excluding this issue. Good idea, I will email them and ask for advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Shyamalie Satkunanandan

Should I cut back my roses (that have started budding) now or later

Time to plant those citrus trees :yes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Finston Pickle

Fryers rose "Lucky"

For pruning it all depends on where you live. We prune in March or April depending on the weather. Here's a video I have made a thread about this guy, it's called Fraser valley rose farm
    For pruning it all depends on where you live. We prune in March or April depending on the weather. Here's a video I have made a thread about this guy, it's called Fraser valley rose farm
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Finston Pickle

To prune or not to prune - that is the question

Good afternoon @Finston Pickle please keep us updated with your observations and findings my friend It would be really appreciated,thank you
    Good afternoon @Finston Pickle please keep us updated with your observations and findings my friend It would be really appreciated,thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Paul Wareing

Blue Roses - I once produced a true blue Rose colour by putting food dye in the roots of a rose.

As with blue colour dyed orchids they will revert to their natural colour (white) unless repeated again.
    As with blue colour dyed orchids they will revert to their natural colour (white) unless repeated again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. newbiemud

Old Climber Renovation

You're welcome newbiemud. :) Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about Wisteria and not as much as I'd like about climbing and rambling roses, I've always grown shrub roses.@wiseowl has spent most...
    You're welcome newbiemud. :) Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about Wisteria and not as much as I'd like about climbing and rambling roses, I've always grown shrub roses.@wiseowl has spent most of his life working with roses and is GC's resident rosarian so you can trust his judgement. :)
    You're welcome newbiemud. :) Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about Wisteria and not as much as I'd like about climbing and rambling roses, I've always grown shrub roses.@wiseowl has spent most of his life working with roses and is GC's resident...
    You're welcome newbiemud. :) Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about Wisteria and not as much as I'd like about climbing and rambling roses, I've always grown shrub roses.@wiseowl has spent most...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Peter Piper

Different blooms on roses.

Following your reply's. I do think that I have sucker on this rose. I have cut it off as low as I can.
    Following your reply's. I do think that I have sucker on this rose. I have cut it off as low as I can.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice