1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. lorry

Laneii Moss Rose

Hi lorry you are most welcome :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Victoria Plum

Roses - two questions

Okay-first, I would identify which are suckers and which are grafted rose shoots. Remove the suckers and leave the rest until early next spring when you give it a good pruning. It looks from...
    Okay-first, I would identify which are suckers and which are grafted rose shoots. Remove the suckers and leave the rest until early next spring when you give it a good pruning. It looks from here like you can get quite close to the base from behind the bush-and be confident, you can sort this...
    Okay-first, I would identify which are suckers and which are grafted rose shoots. Remove the suckers and leave the rest until early next spring when you give it a good pruning. It looks from here like you can get quite close to the base from...
    Okay-first, I would identify which are suckers and which are grafted rose shoots. Remove the suckers and leave the rest until early next spring when you give it a good pruning. It looks from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

Peace...at last

Thats so pretty Freddy~!
    Thats so pretty Freddy~!
    Thats so pretty Freddy~!
    Thats so pretty Freddy~!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. nanalou

desert rose

Assume this is Adenium the desert rose.I've got some seed raised plants. Over the years I had no luck germinated seed from the likes of Chiltern Seeds etc. My first sucsess was with seed bought...
    Assume this is Adenium the desert rose.I've got some seed raised plants. Over the years I had no luck germinated seed from the likes of Chiltern Seeds etc. My first sucsess was with seed bought from a company in the US, second batch from Thailand.Warm temperatures and a well drained...
    Assume this is Adenium the desert rose.I've got some seed raised plants. Over the years I had no luck germinated seed from the likes of Chiltern Seeds etc. My first sucsess was with seed bought from a company in the US, second batch from...
    Assume this is Adenium the desert rose.I've got some seed raised plants. Over the years I had no luck germinated seed from the likes of Chiltern Seeds etc. My first sucsess was with seed bought...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. terrier

Rose Balling

Hi Terrier for me It was a very high price I lost all my exhibition Blooms,never mind I will Bounce Back.:)
    Hi Terrier for me It was a very high price I lost all my exhibition Blooms,never mind I will Bounce Back.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Rhyleysgranny

Suggestions for shrub roses

Hi Rhyleysgranny Thank you glad that you found it of use,Here,s a link also.:)www.dickson-roses.co.uk
    Hi Rhyleysgranny Thank you glad that you found it of use,Here,s a link also.:)www.dickson-roses.co.uk
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Marley Farley

Gardeners Corner Members Reference Rose Gallery

BANANA MAN ROSES RHAPSODY IN BLUESY/FRANTASIA SUMMER WINE X SEEDLINGFRANK COWLISHAW 1999COLOURS DARK PURPLE/BLUE REVERSE LIGHTERSEMI-DOUBLE 12-16 PETALS LARGE...
    BANANA MAN ROSES RHAPSODY IN BLUESY/FRANTASIA SUMMER WINE X SEEDLINGFRANK COWLISHAW 1999COLOURS DARK PURPLE/BLUE REVERSE LIGHTERSEMI-DOUBLE 12-16 PETALS LARGE CLUSTERS SEMI-CLIMBING(6-7ft)
    BANANA MAN ROSES RHAPSODY IN BLUESY/FRANTASIA SUMMER WINE X SEEDLINGFRANK COWLISHAW 1999COLOURS DARK PURPLE/BLUE REVERSE LIGHTERSEMI-DOUBLE 12-16 PETALS LARGE CLUSTERS SEMI-CLIMBING(6-7ft)
    BANANA MAN ROSES RHAPSODY IN BLUESY/FRANTASIA SUMMER WINE X SEEDLINGFRANK COWLISHAW 1999COLOURS DARK PURPLE/BLUE REVERSE LIGHTERSEMI-DOUBLE 12-16 PETALS LARGE...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Victoria Plum

Double rose cutting

well... new leaves are growing - is this a good sign???
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Rhyleysgranny

FAO WOO

Senior moment?:old:I am always very glad of your expertise :luv: I just didn't want to get credit for someone else's work:)
    Senior moment?:old:I am always very glad of your expertise :luv: I just didn't want to get credit for someone else's work:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. sunny

New roses dilemma

Hi Sunny I would personally leave it where it is for now and If you need to replant it I would wait until the it is Dormant from November to March:thumb::)
    Hi Sunny I would personally leave it where it is for now and If you need to replant it I would wait until the it is Dormant from November to March:thumb::)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. JWK

Mottisfont Abbey Rose Garden

Hillier gardens is on our list now, thanks Flinty.We didn't have time to follow the walk along the Test, it did look inviting though, the waters are crystal clear with some pretty large trout....
    Hillier gardens is on our list now, thanks Flinty.We didn't have time to follow the walk along the Test, it did look inviting though, the waters are crystal clear with some pretty large trout. We never went around the house itself either. We will have to go back and spend more time there.
    Hillier gardens is on our list now, thanks Flinty.We didn't have time to follow the walk along the Test, it did look inviting though, the waters are crystal clear with some pretty large trout. We never went around the house itself either. We...
    Hillier gardens is on our list now, thanks Flinty.We didn't have time to follow the walk along the Test, it did look inviting though, the waters are crystal clear with some pretty large trout....
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. dymondlil

Hypericum calycinum...Rose of Sharon

Oh that's a good idea Terrier! :) But I think initially I'll try it in a large pot , in position, and if it thrives under the trees then I'll plant it as you suggested next year. Thank you both for...
    Oh that's a good idea Terrier! :) But I think initially I'll try it in a large pot , in position, and if it thrives under the trees then I'll plant it as you suggested next year. Thank you both for your replies. :)
    Oh that's a good idea Terrier! :) But I think initially I'll try it in a large pot , in position, and if it thrives under the trees then I'll plant it as you suggested next year. Thank you both for your replies. :)
    Oh that's a good idea Terrier! :) But I think initially I'll try it in a large pot , in position, and if it thrives under the trees then I'll plant it as you suggested next year. Thank you both for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. greenfingers

rose cuttings

Hi Greenfingers:)Hardwood cuttingsSelect strong shoots of the current seasonâ??s growth in late autumn and cut them into 25-30cm (10-12in) lengths, removing any remaining leaves. Dip the base...
    Hi Greenfingers:)Hardwood cuttingsSelect strong shoots of the current seasonâ??s growth in late autumn and cut them into 25-30cm (10-12in) lengths, removing any remaining leaves. Dip the base into hormone rooting powder and firm them into a 15-25cm (6-10in) deep trench outdoors, lined on the...
    Hi Greenfingers:)Hardwood cuttingsSelect strong shoots of the current seasonâ??s growth in late autumn and cut them into 25-30cm (10-12in) lengths, removing any remaining leaves. Dip the base into hormone rooting powder and firm them into a...
    Hi Greenfingers:)Hardwood cuttingsSelect strong shoots of the current seasonâ??s growth in late autumn and cut them into 25-30cm (10-12in) lengths, removing any remaining leaves. Dip the base...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Marley Farley

Peace Rose

Woo, beautiful rose, beautiful poem. Thank you:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Freddy

Rose Ident

Right o WOO :thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Freddy

Lady Of Shalott

That is so pretty, thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Rhyleysgranny

FAO Marley Farley

It is a little beauty isn't it.. Not sure if I still have it will go & look & let you know...
    It is a little beauty isn't it.. Not sure if I still have it will go & look & let you know...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. returnmack

Country Living /David Austin roses offer

Yup, sounds like it. They are basically a bare-root (Autumn planting) outfit. So if you want to plant then it may suit you, if you are planting at other times no sense Cant's yanking a plant out...
    Yup, sounds like it. They are basically a bare-root (Autumn planting) outfit. So if you want to plant then it may suit you, if you are planting at other times no sense Cant's yanking a plant out of the field and stuffing it in a pot for you, eh?!
    Yup, sounds like it. They are basically a bare-root (Autumn planting) outfit. So if you want to plant then it may suit you, if you are planting at other times no sense Cant's yanking a plant out of the field and stuffing it in a pot for you, eh?!
    Yup, sounds like it. They are basically a bare-root (Autumn planting) outfit. So if you want to plant then it may suit you, if you are planting at other times no sense Cant's yanking a plant out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Victoria Plum

New rose gone all weird?

If you spray soapy water on the foliage and stems, that can make life a bit more difficult for aphids, as they can't grip on as good. Bug spray would of course be more effective, but it also kills...
    If you spray soapy water on the foliage and stems, that can make life a bit more difficult for aphids, as they can't grip on as good. Bug spray would of course be more effective, but it also kills off mini-predators that dine on the pests. Maybe bug spray when there is already an infestation,...
    If you spray soapy water on the foliage and stems, that can make life a bit more difficult for aphids, as they can't grip on as good. Bug spray would of course be more effective, but it also kills off mini-predators that dine on the pests. Maybe...
    If you spray soapy water on the foliage and stems, that can make life a bit more difficult for aphids, as they can't grip on as good. Bug spray would of course be more effective, but it also kills...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. rosietutu

David Austins Shropshire Lad

Mme. Gregoire Staechelin. Another David Austins purchase.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice