1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. gsmilingfish

Climbing rose single stem - remove?

Ok WOO, I had my doubts about it, just thought I'd ask. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. wilroda

Toprose instructions please!

Hi My local garden centre gave me some toprose that had got damp - and it was not in the box. Never one to refuse an offering i accepted it and was delighted!Does anyone have the instructions...
    Hi My local garden centre gave me some toprose that had got damp - and it was not in the box. Never one to refuse an offering i accepted it and was delighted!Does anyone have the instructions ? I gather that you can use it for shrubs as well as roses....Thank you!
    Hi My local garden centre gave me some toprose that had got damp - and it was not in the box. Never one to refuse an offering i accepted it and was delighted!Does anyone have the instructions ? I gather that you can use it for shrubs as well...
    Hi My local garden centre gave me some toprose that had got damp - and it was not in the box. Never one to refuse an offering i accepted it and was delighted!Does anyone have the instructions...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. peggy

Is there a rose called schoolgirl

Hi Peggy yes Its a Modern large repeat flowering Climber (Apricot Blend) The Blooms are 4 ins across,But only last for about 2-3 Days and the foliage can be sparce .It Reaches a Height of around...
    Hi Peggy yes Its a Modern large repeat flowering Climber (Apricot Blend) The Blooms are 4 ins across,But only last for about 2-3 Days and the foliage can be sparce .It Reaches a Height of around 10ft. Bred by MCGREDY 1964-Parentage -Coral Dawn xBelle Blonde It has a fragrance level of 3-5...
    Hi Peggy yes Its a Modern large repeat flowering Climber (Apricot Blend) The Blooms are 4 ins across,But only last for about 2-3 Days and the foliage can be sparce .It Reaches a Height of around 10ft. Bred by MCGREDY 1964-Parentage -Coral Dawn...
    Hi Peggy yes Its a Modern large repeat flowering Climber (Apricot Blend) The Blooms are 4 ins across,But only last for about 2-3 Days and the foliage can be sparce .It Reaches a Height of around...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl

Rose of the Year 2009

For anyone who lives near Bents Garden centre they have about 40 or so for sale, good strong stems, although I chose "the generous gardener" over it.
    For anyone who lives near Bents Garden centre they have about 40 or so for sale, good strong stems, although I chose "the generous gardener" over it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Gogs

Red roses offer.

jjordie, you cut me to the quick ! This is my 'pretty' head too :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. clueless1

Rosehip syrup

Thanks for that. I will definitely give it a go. I might have missed out on the rose hips this year, as the birds might have had the best of them by now (I haven't been to look for a few weeks),...
    Thanks for that. I will definitely give it a go. I might have missed out on the rose hips this year, as the birds might have had the best of them by now (I haven't been to look for a few weeks), but if I have missed them, I will definitely get in there first when autumn comes back round.
    Thanks for that. I will definitely give it a go. I might have missed out on the rose hips this year, as the birds might have had the best of them by now (I haven't been to look for a few weeks), but if I have missed them, I will definitely get in...
    Thanks for that. I will definitely give it a go. I might have missed out on the rose hips this year, as the birds might have had the best of them by now (I haven't been to look for a few weeks),...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. daisybelle

Tell me about roses :)

I've never really been a fan of roses. The flowers are of course fabulous looking and smelling, but they look so rubbbish when the flowers aren't they and I saw them as needing lots of attention...
    I've never really been a fan of roses. The flowers are of course fabulous looking and smelling, but they look so rubbbish when the flowers aren't they and I saw them as needing lots of attention with green/black fly and pruning. I know modern varieties have improved a lot though, so I'm...
    I've never really been a fan of roses. The flowers are of course fabulous looking and smelling, but they look so rubbbish when the flowers aren't they and I saw them as needing lots of attention with green/black fly and pruning. I know modern...
    I've never really been a fan of roses. The flowers are of course fabulous looking and smelling, but they look so rubbbish when the flowers aren't they and I saw them as needing lots of attention...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. mnw1let

Autunm Rain Rsistant Roses

Thanks again, Claire. That is very helpful
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. happy plant

minature rose suppliers

:gnthb: Hi happy plant & Welcome to GC... You could try Apuldram roses HERE They do patio & mianture roses... Or HERE Good Luck with your hunt & big day..!! I expect someone may know of some...
    :gnthb: Hi happy plant & Welcome to GC... You could try Apuldram roses HERE They do patio & mianture roses... Or HERE Good Luck with your hunt & big day..!! I expect someone may know of some more as well...!:thmb:
    :gnthb: Hi happy plant & Welcome to GC... You could try Apuldram roses HERE They do patio & mianture roses... Or HERE Good Luck with your hunt & big day..!! I expect someone may know of some more as well...!:thmb:
    :gnthb: Hi happy plant & Welcome to GC... You could try Apuldram roses HERE They do patio & mianture roses... Or HERE Good Luck with your hunt & big day..!! I expect someone may know of some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. AnnC

Poorly miniature rose

Hi Carolla searched for your original question but could,nt locate it, Could really do with more information and perhaps a Photo if Possible :)Going on the Information it could be (Balling)(...
    Hi Carolla searched for your original question but could,nt locate it, Could really do with more information and perhaps a Photo if Possible :)Going on the Information it could be (Balling)( Watering over Buds or excessive Rain) or by cool, damp conditions, often in a partially shady site, where...
    Hi Carolla searched for your original question but could,nt locate it, Could really do with more information and perhaps a Photo if Possible :)Going on the Information it could be (Balling)( Watering over Buds or excessive Rain) or by cool, damp...
    Hi Carolla searched for your original question but could,nt locate it, Could really do with more information and perhaps a Photo if Possible :)Going on the Information it could be (Balling)(...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sussexgardener

Support for climbing rose

Mme Alfred Carrier often wants to shoot way up (15 ft)with lots of bare stems below, so needs careful pruning and training to keep it in check!
    Mme Alfred Carrier often wants to shoot way up (15 ft)with lots of bare stems below, so needs careful pruning and training to keep it in check!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. lizzy t

Suggestions needed for climbing roses

Pix of Rosa Complicata I mentioned earlier
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Stingo

My Falstaff climbing rose

Beautiful :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. flowerpotty

pruning climbing roses

Hi Flowerpotty Sorry I have missed your post maybe this will be of some help to you.:thumb::) anymore questions just ask away there is always plenty of help here at Gardeners Corners from all our...
    Hi Flowerpotty Sorry I have missed your post maybe this will be of some help to you.:thumb::) anymore questions just ask away there is always plenty of help here at Gardeners Corners from all our Friends:)
    Hi Flowerpotty Sorry I have missed your post maybe this will be of some help to you.:thumb::) anymore questions just ask away there is always plenty of help here at Gardeners Corners from all our Friends:)
    Hi Flowerpotty Sorry I have missed your post maybe this will be of some help to you.:thumb::) anymore questions just ask away there is always plenty of help here at Gardeners Corners from all our...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Rouxbee

Moving Roses

Hi Rouxbee You are most welcome :thumb::)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Stroudy1975

Help with rose please

Hi Stroudy welcome to GC. You will have to remove all the leaves that look like that and destroy them. They are small pictures but it looks to me like a touch of midew and possibly some other...
    Hi Stroudy welcome to GC. You will have to remove all the leaves that look like that and destroy them. They are small pictures but it looks to me like a touch of midew and possibly some other fungal issue. Nothing you can do for those leaves now, the roses are starting to slow down for...
    Hi Stroudy welcome to GC. You will have to remove all the leaves that look like that and destroy them. They are small pictures but it looks to me like a touch of midew and possibly some other fungal issue. Nothing you can do for those...
    Hi Stroudy welcome to GC. You will have to remove all the leaves that look like that and destroy them. They are small pictures but it looks to me like a touch of midew and possibly some other...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. morris28

Rose Suckers

As a relative novice I had always believed that suckers originated from below the graft of the plant. In the last few weeks, I have identified 4 vigorous growths originating 12/18 inches from the...
    As a relative novice I had always believed that suckers originated from below the graft of the plant. In the last few weeks, I have identified 4 vigorous growths originating 12/18 inches from the base of this 2 year old climber, showing all the signs of suckers. Is this possible and do they...
    As a relative novice I had always believed that suckers originated from below the graft of the plant. In the last few weeks, I have identified 4 vigorous growths originating 12/18 inches from the base of this 2 year old climber, showing all the...
    As a relative novice I had always believed that suckers originated from below the graft of the plant. In the last few weeks, I have identified 4 vigorous growths originating 12/18 inches from the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. pollyc

holes in leaves... roses and sunflowers

Thanks for your reply David - sorry it's taken a while to get back to you - been busy here and there...The Rose seems to be surviving well despite the chunks chomped out of it, its put loads...
    Thanks for your reply David - sorry it's taken a while to get back to you - been busy here and there...The Rose seems to be surviving well despite the chunks chomped out of it, its put loads of new climbing shoots out which is good to see.The sunflowers are doing well against the odds -...
    Thanks for your reply David - sorry it's taken a while to get back to you - been busy here and there...The Rose seems to be surviving well despite the chunks chomped out of it, its put loads of new climbing shoots out which is good to...
    Thanks for your reply David - sorry it's taken a while to get back to you - been busy here and there...The Rose seems to be surviving well despite the chunks chomped out of it, its put loads...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Smiffy

Climbing Rose What and Where ?

Hi Smiffy A great choice Just remember to plant it about a foot away from the support it Is going to climb and try to water it depending on the weather of course once a week and no need to prune a...
    Hi Smiffy A great choice Just remember to plant it about a foot away from the support it Is going to climb and try to water it depending on the weather of course once a week and no need to prune a climber for at least the first two or three years.:thumb::)
    Hi Smiffy A great choice Just remember to plant it about a foot away from the support it Is going to climb and try to water it depending on the weather of course once a week and no need to prune a climber for at least the first two or three...
    Hi Smiffy A great choice Just remember to plant it about a foot away from the support it Is going to climb and try to water it depending on the weather of course once a week and no need to prune a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. lollipop

Over feeding my roses?

I only feed once a year in the spring.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice