1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Finston Pickle

Fryers rose "Lucky"

For pruning it all depends on where you live. We prune in March or April depending on the weather. Here's a video I have made a thread about this guy, it's called Fraser valley rose farm
    For pruning it all depends on where you live. We prune in March or April depending on the weather. Here's a video I have made a thread about this guy, it's called Fraser valley rose farm
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Finston Pickle

To prune or not to prune - that is the question

Good afternoon @Finston Pickle please keep us updated with your observations and findings my friend It would be really appreciated,thank you
    Good afternoon @Finston Pickle please keep us updated with your observations and findings my friend It would be really appreciated,thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Paul Wareing

Blue Roses - I once produced a true blue Rose colour by putting food dye in the roots of a rose.

As with blue colour dyed orchids they will revert to their natural colour (white) unless repeated again.
    As with blue colour dyed orchids they will revert to their natural colour (white) unless repeated again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. newbiemud

Old Climber Renovation

You're welcome newbiemud. :) Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about Wisteria and not as much as I'd like about climbing and rambling roses, I've always grown shrub roses.@wiseowl has spent most...
    You're welcome newbiemud. :) Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about Wisteria and not as much as I'd like about climbing and rambling roses, I've always grown shrub roses.@wiseowl has spent most of his life working with roses and is GC's resident rosarian so you can trust his judgement. :)
    You're welcome newbiemud. :) Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about Wisteria and not as much as I'd like about climbing and rambling roses, I've always grown shrub roses.@wiseowl has spent most of his life working with roses and is GC's resident...
    You're welcome newbiemud. :) Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about Wisteria and not as much as I'd like about climbing and rambling roses, I've always grown shrub roses.@wiseowl has spent most...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Peter Piper

Different blooms on roses.

Following your reply's. I do think that I have sucker on this rose. I have cut it off as low as I can.
    Following your reply's. I do think that I have sucker on this rose. I have cut it off as low as I can.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Plantpot

Rose feed

Let them grow past the wires ( 2ft at least ) then bring them down to be tied in, I assume you are tying them to horizontal wires . Doing it this way will speed up the frame work of a climbing...
    Let them grow past the wires ( 2ft at least ) then bring them down to be tied in, I assume you are tying them to horizontal wires . Doing it this way will speed up the frame work of a climbing rose , tying them down continuously will slow the plant down. Morning is the best time to be tying /...
    Let them grow past the wires ( 2ft at least ) then bring them down to be tied in, I assume you are tying them to horizontal wires . Doing it this way will speed up the frame work of a climbing rose , tying them down continuously will slow the...
    Let them grow past the wires ( 2ft at least ) then bring them down to be tied in, I assume you are tying them to horizontal wires . Doing it this way will speed up the frame work of a climbing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. CrystalT

Yellow standard? Rose identification if possible

Hi,You could try and save it, but at 20+ years old is it worth it ?Think we would replace it with a better rose, if you renewed the surrounding soil to avoid any diseases, or just plant ...
    Hi,You could try and save it, but at 20+ years old is it worth it ?Think we would replace it with a better rose, if you renewed the surrounding soil to avoid any diseases, or just plant something totaly different ?
    Hi,You could try and save it, but at 20+ years old is it worth it ?Think we would replace it with a better rose, if you renewed the surrounding soil to avoid any diseases, or just plant something totaly different ?
    Hi,You could try and save it, but at 20+ years old is it worth it ?Think we would replace it with a better rose, if you renewed the surrounding soil to avoid any diseases, or just plant ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ETAF

Deadheading Roses

You're welcome. :)Yes, it does seem strange that you and I have the same zone considering we're both at each end of mainland Britain. The Highland area of Scotland is quite variable in its climate...
    You're welcome. :)Yes, it does seem strange that you and I have the same zone considering we're both at each end of mainland Britain. The Highland area of Scotland is quite variable in its climate pattern.
    You're welcome. :)Yes, it does seem strange that you and I have the same zone considering we're both at each end of mainland Britain. The Highland area of Scotland is quite variable in its climate pattern.
    You're welcome. :)Yes, it does seem strange that you and I have the same zone considering we're both at each end of mainland Britain. The Highland area of Scotland is quite variable in its climate...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Black Dog

Looking for orange/yellow climbing roses

i choose a Yellow climbing rose - Amnesty International, only had a few weeks "wiseowl" kindly posted some info on the AI rose in my intro thread Hi Other info on various links, however i have...
    i choose a Yellow climbing rose - Amnesty International, only had a few weeks "wiseowl" kindly posted some info on the AI rose in my intro thread Hi Other info on various links, however i have not yet reached the criteria to post any links externally
    i choose a Yellow climbing rose - Amnesty International, only had a few weeks "wiseowl" kindly posted some info on the AI rose in my intro thread Hi Other info on various links, however i have not yet reached the criteria to post any links...
    i choose a Yellow climbing rose - Amnesty International, only had a few weeks "wiseowl" kindly posted some info on the AI rose in my intro thread Hi Other info on various links, however i have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. CrystalT
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. deirdre Kehoe

How to create a continuous effect with multiple shrub roses

Good morning @deirdre Kehoe my friend my apologies for missing your postI would plant at least 5-10 roses of the same variety, in a single line, to create the effect of one continuous hedge....
    Good morning @deirdre Kehoe my friend my apologies for missing your postI would plant at least 5-10 roses of the same variety, in a single line, to create the effect of one continuous hedge. Plant the roses closer together than normal to form a continuous, dense line, overlapping them by half...
    Good morning @deirdre Kehoe my friend my apologies for missing your postI would plant at least 5-10 roses of the same variety, in a single line, to create the effect of one continuous hedge. Plant the roses closer together than normal to form...
    Good morning @deirdre Kehoe my friend my apologies for missing your postI would plant at least 5-10 roses of the same variety, in a single line, to create the effect of one continuous hedge....
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Gilly31
    Like x 3

Mary Rose Update

Good afternoon @Gilly31 my friend your Roses look just splendid and a credit to you just carry on caring for them like you have been
    Good afternoon @Gilly31 my friend your Roses look just splendid and a credit to you just carry on caring for them like you have been
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. barryman

Rose growing advice required

I've got 5 or 6 rose bushes that are firmly established in my garden. They flower OK every year but my problem is that the flowers only ever appear right at the top of the plant. Having cut them...
    I've got 5 or 6 rose bushes that are firmly established in my garden. They flower OK every year but my problem is that the flowers only ever appear right at the top of the plant. Having cut them back over each winter time they grow to 4-5 ft tall by the summer and the roses they produce are...
    I've got 5 or 6 rose bushes that are firmly established in my garden. They flower OK every year but my problem is that the flowers only ever appear right at the top of the plant. Having cut them back over each winter time they grow to 4-5 ft tall...
    I've got 5 or 6 rose bushes that are firmly established in my garden. They flower OK every year but my problem is that the flowers only ever appear right at the top of the plant. Having cut them...
    BM-.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Liz7

Identification of orange climbing rose

Good afternoon @Liz7 my friend please leave it with me and I shall see what more I can discover Can I respectfully suggest that maybe you could get in touch with the supplier/shop which might...
    Good afternoon @Liz7 my friend please leave it with me and I shall see what more I can discover Can I respectfully suggest that maybe you could get in touch with the supplier/shop which might give us a better idea,enjoy the rest of your dayps Off the top of my head the only climbing Rose...
    Good afternoon @Liz7 my friend please leave it with me and I shall see what more I can discover Can I respectfully suggest that maybe you could get in touch with the supplier/shop which might give us a better idea,enjoy the rest of your dayps...
    Good afternoon @Liz7 my friend please leave it with me and I shall see what more I can discover Can I respectfully suggest that maybe you could get in touch with the supplier/shop which might...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. wiseowl
    Like x 4

New Roses

I don't think I've ever owned a hybrid tea rose, they have all been floribunda's with the exception of a couple of standards. What colours are you thinking of Woo for your two/three?
    I don't think I've ever owned a hybrid tea rose, they have all been floribunda's with the exception of a couple of standards. What colours are you thinking of Woo for your two/three?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Shubela

What is happening to my English Miss rose?

Good morning @Shubela my dear friend my apologies no worries I couldn't be sure if it was a sucker or not with out seeing the bud union, I am sure your Roses will be OK and will reward you for...
    Good morning @Shubela my dear friend my apologies no worries I couldn't be sure if it was a sucker or not with out seeing the bud union, I am sure your Roses will be OK and will reward you for many years to come and if you need anymore advice please just ask and in a way we are all beginners...
    Good morning @Shubela my dear friend my apologies no worries I couldn't be sure if it was a sucker or not with out seeing the bud union, I am sure your Roses will be OK and will reward you for many years to come and if you need anymore advice ...
    Good morning @Shubela my dear friend my apologies no worries I couldn't be sure if it was a sucker or not with out seeing the bud union, I am sure your Roses will be OK and will reward you for...
    161A8348-90A5-44E0-8537-DAB37DAAA0DE.jpeg DE6E2EC6-2429-4E75-B838-4F25D4A26AF8.jpeg 63787.jpg rose-sucker-sue-curry.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Lindsey244

Is this a sucker?

Now that's what I like to hear, an ambitious gardener with high standards! :dbgrtmb::biggrin:Nick
    Now that's what I like to hear, an ambitious gardener with high standards! :dbgrtmb::biggrin:Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Fat Controller

Planting/positioning advice please

I forgot to update this, sorry. I went for a square planter for now so as not to overwhelm the rose, and then I can move it on when it gets bigger. The rose has rewarded me with a first bloom,...
    I forgot to update this, sorry. I went for a square planter for now so as not to overwhelm the rose, and then I can move it on when it gets bigger. The rose has rewarded me with a first bloom, and would you look at that colour! Gorgeous!It is currently sat atop the table as I am...
    I forgot to update this, sorry. I went for a square planter for now so as not to overwhelm the rose, and then I can move it on when it gets bigger. The rose has rewarded me with a first bloom, and would you look at that colour! Gorgeous!...
    I forgot to update this, sorry. I went for a square planter for now so as not to overwhelm the rose, and then I can move it on when it gets bigger. The rose has rewarded me with a first bloom,...
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-26 at 15.10.35.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. weas3l

Patio Rose problems

Good morning @Oakapple my friend and thank you that is very kind and friendly of you to say that and its very much appreciated Yes ARMANDII loved his Roses and indeed was a lovely man it was an...
    Good morning @Oakapple my friend and thank you that is very kind and friendly of you to say that and its very much appreciated Yes ARMANDII loved his Roses and indeed was a lovely man it was an honour to have known him
    Good morning @Oakapple my friend and thank you that is very kind and friendly of you to say that and its very much appreciated Yes ARMANDII loved his Roses and indeed was a lovely man it was an honour to have known him
    Good morning @Oakapple my friend and thank you that is very kind and friendly of you to say that and its very much appreciated Yes ARMANDII loved his Roses and indeed was a lovely man it was an...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Radcliffe81

Names of Roses - please help

My name is Mary and my son bought me a rose called The Mary Rose :spinning: pink and lovely!
    My name is Mary and my son bought me a rose called The Mary Rose :spinning: pink and lovely!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice