1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please note - to keep GC running smoothly, from time to time the staff will have to close a long thread and continue it in a new thread. You too can do your bit to help - if you have a long running PM conversation, please terminate the conversation and start a new conversation. For further information, please contact a member of the staff team.
    Dismiss Notice

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Kristen

Geka vs. Hozelock hose fiittings

Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors...
    Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors rather than plastic ones, wherever possible. Yes the metal ones have plastic parts, but there is no...
    Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors rather than plastic ones, wherever possible. Yes the...
    Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. clanless

Pole Hedge Trimmer

Ha ha Clanless, sage advice! I also had a loft incident, and have had a mortal fear of ladders ever since. We just got a fixed one fitted in the loft and I'm even scared to use that (can't let the...
    Ha ha Clanless, sage advice! I also had a loft incident, and have had a mortal fear of ladders ever since. We just got a fixed one fitted in the loft and I'm even scared to use that (can't let the OH know as he didn't want one in the first place but I persuaded him I would use the loft again if...
    Ha ha Clanless, sage advice! I also had a loft incident, and have had a mortal fear of ladders ever since. We just got a fixed one fitted in the loft and I'm even scared to use that (can't let the OH know as he didn't want one in the first place...
    Ha ha Clanless, sage advice! I also had a loft incident, and have had a mortal fear of ladders ever since. We just got a fixed one fitted in the loft and I'm even scared to use that (can't let the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Linz

Need a new mower

15 square feet Gary? Get a simple handpush mower. It will take you 10 minutes. It would take you longer than that to connect an electric machine. A new sharp handpush mower requires no real...
    15 square feet Gary? Get a simple handpush mower. It will take you 10 minutes. It would take you longer than that to connect an electric machine. A new sharp handpush mower requires no real effort at all :) A friend of mine has 6 acres and prob an acre of that is grass....hardly describe it as...
    15 square feet Gary? Get a simple handpush mower. It will take you 10 minutes. It would take you longer than that to connect an electric machine. A new sharp handpush mower requires no real effort at all :) A friend of mine has 6 acres and prob...
    15 square feet Gary? Get a simple handpush mower. It will take you 10 minutes. It would take you longer than that to connect an electric machine. A new sharp handpush mower requires no real...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. silu

Any ideas re a visor which wouldn't steam up?

Products that you wipe on glasses to stop them steaming up DO NOT WORK when you have another layer over them such as overgoggles, and using them doing chainsaw work. There's no really good method...
    Products that you wipe on glasses to stop them steaming up DO NOT WORK when you have another layer over them such as overgoggles, and using them doing chainsaw work. There's no really good method sadly.The mesh visors are fine for hedge cutting, but for chainsaw work I plan it in very short...
    Products that you wipe on glasses to stop them steaming up DO NOT WORK when you have another layer over them such as overgoggles, and using them doing chainsaw work. There's no really good method sadly.The mesh visors are fine for hedge...
    Products that you wipe on glasses to stop them steaming up DO NOT WORK when you have another layer over them such as overgoggles, and using them doing chainsaw work. There's no really good method...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ChilliPepper

Shredder for smaller, lighter garden waste?

We are finding that burning is getting more and more frowned on in the UK. Anyway the bees don't much like it.PH
    We are finding that burning is getting more and more frowned on in the UK. Anyway the bees don't much like it.PH
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. greenfingerskev

Trowel and fork

Just been given a Spear and Jackson set today as a birthday present. Yet to use, but significantly better quality than I have had before. The trowel has depth measurements displayed on it too,...
    Just been given a Spear and Jackson set today as a birthday present. Yet to use, but significantly better quality than I have had before. The trowel has depth measurements displayed on it too, which is handy.
    Just been given a Spear and Jackson set today as a birthday present. Yet to use, but significantly better quality than I have had before. The trowel has depth measurements displayed on it too, which is handy.
    Just been given a Spear and Jackson set today as a birthday present. Yet to use, but significantly better quality than I have had before. The trowel has depth measurements displayed on it too,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Newbienoidea

Petrol mower size.

Honda IZY 416 are lightweight machines (29kg) according to their site and are 1415mm long, 453mm wide. The grass box is detachable so will reduce the length, also folding the handlebars will...
    Honda IZY 416 are lightweight machines (29kg) according to their site and are 1415mm long, 453mm wide. The grass box is detachable so will reduce the length, also folding the handlebars will likely make it something like 80-100cm long as a guess.The 466 is wider and heavier and whichever model...
    Honda IZY 416 are lightweight machines (29kg) according to their site and are 1415mm long, 453mm wide. The grass box is detachable so will reduce the length, also folding the handlebars will likely make it something like 80-100cm long as a...
    Honda IZY 416 are lightweight machines (29kg) according to their site and are 1415mm long, 453mm wide. The grass box is detachable so will reduce the length, also folding the handlebars will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Plotinus

Identifying a hose spray gun

Many thanks for the replies.I must say that except for the hose fitting it does seem very similar. It also seems quite a bit cheaper than Hozelock at Wilko. I'll have to check on the hose...
    Many thanks for the replies.I must say that except for the hose fitting it does seem very similar. It also seems quite a bit cheaper than Hozelock at Wilko. I'll have to check on the hose connection bit but I'll pass on the information.
    Many thanks for the replies.I must say that except for the hose fitting it does seem very similar. It also seems quite a bit cheaper than Hozelock at Wilko. I'll have to check on the hose connection bit but I'll pass on the information.
    Many thanks for the replies.I must say that except for the hose fitting it does seem very similar. It also seems quite a bit cheaper than Hozelock at Wilko. I'll have to check on the hose...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Scrungee

Cheap 3mm strimmer line

I just stick to Stihl as I've 3 brush cutters and the largest machine is the FS480. Can't say I notice any problem with wear as such, it's designed to wear down and to break so not to wrap around...
    I just stick to Stihl as I've 3 brush cutters and the largest machine is the FS480. Can't say I notice any problem with wear as such, it's designed to wear down and to break so not to wrap around an object which would damage the tool and hurt you at the same time. I keep all spoils in the dark...
    I just stick to Stihl as I've 3 brush cutters and the largest machine is the FS480. Can't say I notice any problem with wear as such, it's designed to wear down and to break so not to wrap around an object which would damage the tool and hurt...
    I just stick to Stihl as I've 3 brush cutters and the largest machine is the FS480. Can't say I notice any problem with wear as such, it's designed to wear down and to break so not to wrap around...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sirius

Automated Sprinkler System

Have most of the borders and pots covered with sprinklers, drippers and various different jets covering nearly everything that needs watering. Even have trays with soak system in cold frames and...
    Have most of the borders and pots covered with sprinklers, drippers and various different jets covering nearly everything that needs watering. Even have trays with soak system in cold frames and greenhouse. Designing away now for a timer system that will be completely customisable on a day to...
    Have most of the borders and pots covered with sprinklers, drippers and various different jets covering nearly everything that needs watering. Even have trays with soak system in cold frames and greenhouse. Designing away now for a timer system...
    Have most of the borders and pots covered with sprinklers, drippers and various different jets covering nearly everything that needs watering. Even have trays with soak system in cold frames and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. silu
    Like x 7

Bulldog, a very good company to deal with

:dancy: Tremendous, fork broke on Thursday replacement arrived today, you cannot ask for better than that, thank you Bulldog.
    :dancy: Tremendous, fork broke on Thursday replacement arrived today, you cannot ask for better than that, thank you Bulldog.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Portisgrass

What type of hedge trimmer to buy

This is the best most powerful ,strongest ,longest elec. hedge trimmer that I know of. Not the cheapest but will last.Bosch AHS 70-34 700W Electric Hedge Trimmer 240V
    This is the best most powerful ,strongest ,longest elec. hedge trimmer that I know of. Not the cheapest but will last.Bosch AHS 70-34 700W Electric Hedge Trimmer 240V
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Snorky85

Anyone got a Miracle Gro Aerobounty??

That's exactly what I was thinking @Sandy Ground love mint areos and bounty he he
    That's exactly what I was thinking @Sandy Ground love mint areos and bounty he he
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Palustris

Long handled pruning saws

As I already had a bargain purchase on a Wolfgarden extending handle + apple picking attachment, I also bought their pruning saw attachment when I found it at half price, see this link for what I...
    As I already had a bargain purchase on a Wolfgarden extending handle + apple picking attachment, I also bought their pruning saw attachment when I found it at half price, see this link for what I have, but not bought at their price! Think I got both plus an additional attachment (hook for...
    As I already had a bargain purchase on a Wolfgarden extending handle + apple picking attachment, I also bought their pruning saw attachment when I found it at half price, see this link for what I have, but not bought at their price! Think I got...
    As I already had a bargain purchase on a Wolfgarden extending handle + apple picking attachment, I also bought their pruning saw attachment when I found it at half price, see this link for what I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Sheal

Hosepipe reels

Thanks Shiney. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. wiseowl

What Type Of Sander

This is only an opinion, and therefore neither right nor wrong.I personally would never use any kind of paint stripper for a project for a couple of reasons.First, even the "jellied" kinds...
    This is only an opinion, and therefore neither right nor wrong.I personally would never use any kind of paint stripper for a project for a couple of reasons.First, even the "jellied" kinds have a tendency to drop off the object, and strip something that doesnt need it. Unless, of course,...
    This is only an opinion, and therefore neither right nor wrong.I personally would never use any kind of paint stripper for a project for a couple of reasons.First, even the "jellied" kinds have a tendency to drop off the object, and strip...
    This is only an opinion, and therefore neither right nor wrong.I personally would never use any kind of paint stripper for a project for a couple of reasons.First, even the "jellied" kinds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. BanzaiRun

Lawn mower deliberately set underpowered?

Thank you all.lol, wouldn't want to wake the 2.2 kids :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Adam Potter

Looking for a specific brush cutter head.

OK, I know nothing about brush cutters, blue cable bits with orange middles.Just seemed a bit garbled to me.:biggrin:
    OK, I know nothing about brush cutters, blue cable bits with orange middles.Just seemed a bit garbled to me.:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. silu

Recommendation please for really heavy duty loppers.

Thanks quite right they are anvil loppers bought specifically as they are meant to be stronger than bypass and I do chop up quite a load of the likes of Beech hedge clippings (dead wood) to use...
    Thanks quite right they are anvil loppers bought specifically as they are meant to be stronger than bypass and I do chop up quite a load of the likes of Beech hedge clippings (dead wood) to use as kindling for the fires. Am on the hunt for the flaming receipt for the broken pair, have got the 1...
    Thanks quite right they are anvil loppers bought specifically as they are meant to be stronger than bypass and I do chop up quite a load of the likes of Beech hedge clippings (dead wood) to use as kindling for the fires. Am on the hunt for the...
    Thanks quite right they are anvil loppers bought specifically as they are meant to be stronger than bypass and I do chop up quite a load of the likes of Beech hedge clippings (dead wood) to use...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Stiff Lil Green Fingers

New hobby I guess!

Hey all. Some might know me allready - for the others - I'm Jake. A DIY/wannabe/newbie/apprentice standard/learner gardener :)I have no garden tools apart from a hose and an old rake. Once my lawn...
    Hey all. Some might know me allready - for the others - I'm Jake. A DIY/wannabe/newbie/apprentice standard/learner gardener :)I have no garden tools apart from a hose and an old rake. Once my lawn is finished (see post in the lawn section) - I would be interested into making my garden the...
    Hey all. Some might know me allready - for the others - I'm Jake. A DIY/wannabe/newbie/apprentice standard/learner gardener :)I have no garden tools apart from a hose and an old rake. Once my lawn is finished (see post in the lawn section) - I...
    Hey all. Some might know me allready - for the others - I'm Jake. A DIY/wannabe/newbie/apprentice standard/learner gardener :)I have no garden tools apart from a hose and an old rake. Once my lawn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. bexy13

Does anyone know where I can get a set of dahlia rings?

Hi NigelI have seen that thread. I asked the members and it turns out that somebody had a set and gave them her. It's a struggle to find someone to do that :)Bex
    Hi NigelI have seen that thread. I asked the members and it turns out that somebody had a set and gave them her. It's a struggle to find someone to do that :)Bex
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options