1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Kristen

Geka vs. Hozelock hose fiittings

Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors...
    Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors rather than plastic ones, wherever possible. Yes the metal ones have plastic parts, but there is no...
    Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors rather than plastic ones, wherever possible. Yes the...
    Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Paul Blackburn

How to use this tool

Paul can you show us what a vintage Joseph Bentley Steel Herbaceous cropping pruning tool, is?It means nothing to me.:biggrin:Maybe old Joe Bentley should have stuck to making cars.:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Paul can you show us what a vintage Joseph Bentley Steel Herbaceous cropping pruning tool, is?It means nothing to me.:biggrin:Maybe old Joe Bentley should have stuck to making cars.:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Paul Blackburn

How to sharpen Secateurs

I always manage to lose mine before they need sharpening !
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. hedgefog

Difference between Anvil Loper vs. ByPass Loper?

To prune this each year I use two pruners.A Barnel telescopic(stock photo)They aren't cheap at £100 including postage on eBay and they'll only cut thin branches, though it comes...
    To prune this each year I use two pruners.A Barnel telescopic(stock photo)They aren't cheap at £100 including postage on eBay and they'll only cut thin branches, though it comes with a saw you can attach. They are easy to ruin if you try to prune too thick a branch. I did one in,...
    To prune this each year I use two pruners.A Barnel telescopic(stock photo)They aren't cheap at £100 including postage on eBay and they'll only cut thin branches, though it comes with a saw you can attach. They are easy to ruin if...
    To prune this each year I use two pruners.A Barnel telescopic(stock photo)They aren't cheap at £100 including postage on eBay and they'll only cut thin branches, though it comes...
    P1000654.JPG s-l1600.jpg 100000.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Mike Allen

Electric garden leaf blower,vac,mulcher

Luckily all the trees in my garden are tactically positioned to shed 80% of the leaves onto the neighbours gardens. One of my workmates had the opposite problem , living near an open park. The...
    Luckily all the trees in my garden are tactically positioned to shed 80% of the leaves onto the neighbours gardens. One of my workmates had the opposite problem , living near an open park. The prevailing wind herded all the leaves into his front garden. Sometimes three feet deep after a gale :snorky:
    Luckily all the trees in my garden are tactically positioned to shed 80% of the leaves onto the neighbours gardens. One of my workmates had the opposite problem , living near an open park. The prevailing wind herded all the leaves into his front...
    Luckily all the trees in my garden are tactically positioned to shed 80% of the leaves onto the neighbours gardens. One of my workmates had the opposite problem , living near an open park. The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Scrungee

Electric dehumidifier

I do that,hasnt done any harm,but to be mega safe maybe worth putting a drollet of bleach in the water before giving it to pkants to stop any botrytis etc spreading ? Ive nevre bothered myself but...
    I do that,hasnt done any harm,but to be mega safe maybe worth putting a drollet of bleach in the water before giving it to pkants to stop any botrytis etc spreading ? Ive nevre bothered myself but maybe that would be best practice?
    I do that,hasnt done any harm,but to be mega safe maybe worth putting a drollet of bleach in the water before giving it to pkants to stop any botrytis etc spreading ? Ive nevre bothered myself but maybe that would be best practice?
    I do that,hasnt done any harm,but to be mega safe maybe worth putting a drollet of bleach in the water before giving it to pkants to stop any botrytis etc spreading ? Ive nevre bothered myself but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Steve R
    Like x 6

8 x 2 Heated Propagator.

It certainly looks good and should give you a lot of help with raising plants.I built mine (5ft x 3ft) in 1976 and it's still going strong :blue thumb:. The only problem we get is that the cats, only ever...
    It certainly looks good and should give you a lot of help with raising plants.I built mine (5ft x 3ft) in 1976 and it's still going strong :blue thumb:. The only problem we get is that the cats, only ever one at a time use it to sleep in, tend to uncover the cables. They don't do any damage and have...
    It certainly looks good and should give you a lot of help with raising plants.I built mine (5ft x 3ft) in 1976 and it's still going strong :blue thumb:. The only problem we get is that the cats, only ever one at a time use it to sleep in, tend to uncover...
    It certainly looks good and should give you a lot of help with raising plants.I built mine (5ft x 3ft) in 1976 and it's still going strong :blue thumb:. The only problem we get is that the cats, only ever...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. silu

Solar powered water pump.

That looks and sounds a great little set up @CanadianLori :thumbsup:I have a solar powered pump but it only stores a few hrs of use as long as no timer on it as well.. My panel is 12"x 18" though so titchy..
    That looks and sounds a great little set up @CanadianLori :thumbsup:I have a solar powered pump but it only stores a few hrs of use as long as no timer on it as well.. My panel is 12"x 18" though so titchy..
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Gail_68

Root Assassin spade

Now hearing it from yourself Kindredspirit who as one and knowing what it is actually capable of doing, there's a lot of difference to how the video shows it ;)
    Now hearing it from yourself Kindredspirit who as one and knowing what it is actually capable of doing, there's a lot of difference to how the video shows it ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Mervyn Wilmington

Hyundai gardening equipment

I'm really surprised, and disappointed, to hear that Hyundai haven't responded to you - I really thought better of them.Glad you are happy with the B&D (which to be fair is pretty much a given...
    I'm really surprised, and disappointed, to hear that Hyundai haven't responded to you - I really thought better of them.Glad you are happy with the B&D (which to be fair is pretty much a given with their stuff), and hope it serves you well :)
    I'm really surprised, and disappointed, to hear that Hyundai haven't responded to you - I really thought better of them.Glad you are happy with the B&D (which to be fair is pretty much a given with their stuff), and hope it serves you well :)
    I'm really surprised, and disappointed, to hear that Hyundai haven't responded to you - I really thought better of them.Glad you are happy with the B&D (which to be fair is pretty much a given...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. newtothis

Help deciding on some tools

thanks for all the advice
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. luciusmaximus

Best Hosepipe

100% agree Tricoflex is more expensive to buy but will last and last. I got 2 huge roles of it over 25 years ago and it is still going strong. It gets run over by cars on occasions and is left out...
    100% agree Tricoflex is more expensive to buy but will last and last. I got 2 huge roles of it over 25 years ago and it is still going strong. It gets run over by cars on occasions and is left out to use to fill horse's trough in the winter. I have used cheap hose in the past and it would last...
    100% agree Tricoflex is more expensive to buy but will last and last. I got 2 huge roles of it over 25 years ago and it is still going strong. It gets run over by cars on occasions and is left out to use to fill horse's trough in the winter. I...
    100% agree Tricoflex is more expensive to buy but will last and last. I got 2 huge roles of it over 25 years ago and it is still going strong. It gets run over by cars on occasions and is left out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. REMF33

Hozelock watering system question

You need to screw the white piece into the timer before fitting to the tap. Then offer up the timer to the tap and turn in the direction shown below onto the tap thread. I found these instructions...
    You need to screw the white piece into the timer before fitting to the tap. Then offer up the timer to the tap and turn in the direction shown below onto the tap thread. I found these instructions for another hozelock timer but should give you the general idea:
    You need to screw the white piece into the timer before fitting to the tap. Then offer up the timer to the tap and turn in the direction shown below onto the tap thread. I found these instructions for another hozelock timer but should give you...
    You need to screw the white piece into the timer before fitting to the tap. Then offer up the timer to the tap and turn in the direction shown below onto the tap thread. I found these instructions...
    Capture.PNG Capture.PNG ttt.PNG Capture.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. martin-f
    Like x 3

Conah 20 Metre Hose

What might have caused it though we have an habit of pulling it out then stopping then doing more which probably hasn't helped it but we've had it 2yrs but otherwise mate still works well but he's...
    What might have caused it though we have an habit of pulling it out then stopping then doing more which probably hasn't helped it but we've had it 2yrs but otherwise mate still works well but he's going to look for something better to hold it, as I find unclipping the plastic hard.
    What might have caused it though we have an habit of pulling it out then stopping then doing more which probably hasn't helped it but we've had it 2yrs but otherwise mate still works well but he's going to look for something better to hold it, as...
    What might have caused it though we have an habit of pulling it out then stopping then doing more which probably hasn't helped it but we've had it 2yrs but otherwise mate still works well but he's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Snorky85

Anyone got a Miracle Gro Aerobounty??

I go for cheap, really cheap, like right out of the recycle bin. You really don't need anything fancy for hydroponics.
    I go for cheap, really cheap, like right out of the recycle bin. You really don't need anything fancy for hydroponics.
    IMG_7651.PNG gcc.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. jazzy

Garden Tool Storage Box Security?

Get hold of a corporation type paving slab, drill holes in each corner of the box. Sit the box on top of the slab and mark the four holes through the box on the slab. Then with a masonry drill,...
    Get hold of a corporation type paving slab, drill holes in each corner of the box. Sit the box on top of the slab and mark the four holes through the box on the slab. Then with a masonry drill, drill the four holes in the slab. Put in the four polyplugs for screws. Buy some really wide washers...
    Get hold of a corporation type paving slab, drill holes in each corner of the box. Sit the box on top of the slab and mark the four holes through the box on the slab. Then with a masonry drill, drill the four holes in the slab. Put in the four...
    Get hold of a corporation type paving slab, drill holes in each corner of the box. Sit the box on top of the slab and mark the four holes through the box on the slab. Then with a masonry drill,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Graham B

New handles for old tools

Jiffy my hubby does it himself like you and also uses broom stems for many things :whistle:
    Jiffy my hubby does it himself like you and also uses broom stems for many things :whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Mike Allen
    Like x 3

Old Faithfulls.

Great tool the bilhook. Comes in a variety of shapes. Yes! very easy to self inflict accidents with it until you get the balance of it. Fantastic when chopping/shaping stakes.Tools of...
    Great tool the bilhook. Comes in a variety of shapes. Yes! very easy to self inflict accidents with it until you get the balance of it. Fantastic when chopping/shaping stakes.Tools of yesteryear are still being used. Compared to some of yesterday that have passed their use by date.
    Great tool the bilhook. Comes in a variety of shapes. Yes! very easy to self inflict accidents with it until you get the balance of it. Fantastic when chopping/shaping stakes.Tools of yesteryear are still being used. Compared to some of...
    Great tool the bilhook. Comes in a variety of shapes. Yes! very easy to self inflict accidents with it until you get the balance of it. Fantastic when chopping/shaping stakes.Tools of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. kr236rk

Lawn nightmare :-o

Martin hubby as a grinder like yourself and they soon sharpen blades mate
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Matt-tropical

Hose cart or not

The sun is the biggist killer of hose pipes and then people treading on them when lead on the ground
    The sun is the biggist killer of hose pipes and then people treading on them when lead on the ground
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Clare G

Durable solar fairy light strings- recommendations please!

I have various lights powered by electricity, ive tried various solar lights and they last two minuets, the ones making the red/blue glow are 5W led colour changeable and only about £13 each well...
    I have various lights powered by electricity, ive tried various solar lights and they last two minuets, the ones making the red/blue glow are 5W led colour changeable and only about £13 each well worth the money easy to wire up and add a nice touch to the garden,It was lovely sat out late...
    I have various lights powered by electricity, ive tried various solar lights and they last two minuets, the ones making the red/blue glow are 5W led colour changeable and only about £13 each well worth the money easy to wire up and add a nice...
    I have various lights powered by electricity, ive tried various solar lights and they last two minuets, the ones making the red/blue glow are 5W led colour changeable and only about £13 each well...
    DSC_0069.JPG DSC_0071.JPG DSC_0075.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options