1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Kristen

Geka vs. Hozelock hose fiittings

Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors...
    Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors rather than plastic ones, wherever possible. Yes the metal ones have plastic parts, but there is no...
    Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors rather than plastic ones, wherever possible. Yes the...
    Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. ChilliPepper

Shredder for smaller, lighter garden waste?

I use an Alko shredder had it for about 15 years. Blades can be removed and sharpened when required. Takes up to a 1" branch, not brilliant with fibrous material.
    I use an Alko shredder had it for about 15 years. Blades can be removed and sharpened when required. Takes up to a 1" branch, not brilliant with fibrous material.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Scrungee

Cheap 3mm strimmer line

I just stick to Stihl as I've 3 brush cutters and the largest machine is the FS480. Can't say I notice any problem with wear as such, it's designed to wear down and to break so not to wrap around...
    I just stick to Stihl as I've 3 brush cutters and the largest machine is the FS480. Can't say I notice any problem with wear as such, it's designed to wear down and to break so not to wrap around an object which would damage the tool and hurt you at the same time. I keep all spoils in the dark...
    I just stick to Stihl as I've 3 brush cutters and the largest machine is the FS480. Can't say I notice any problem with wear as such, it's designed to wear down and to break so not to wrap around an object which would damage the tool and hurt...
    I just stick to Stihl as I've 3 brush cutters and the largest machine is the FS480. Can't say I notice any problem with wear as such, it's designed to wear down and to break so not to wrap around...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Linz

Need a new mower

2.4 is really light weight, the Stihl batts I went for are 6Ah and you get about 40 to 50 mins on a dry well kept lawn. With battery technology getting better the prices are falling slowly or the...
    2.4 is really light weight, the Stihl batts I went for are 6Ah and you get about 40 to 50 mins on a dry well kept lawn. With battery technology getting better the prices are falling slowly or the batts are being replaced with a upgraded one. Some full commercial mower machines run for 2 hours on...
    2.4 is really light weight, the Stihl batts I went for are 6Ah and you get about 40 to 50 mins on a dry well kept lawn. With battery technology getting better the prices are falling slowly or the batts are being replaced with a upgraded one. Some...
    2.4 is really light weight, the Stihl batts I went for are 6Ah and you get about 40 to 50 mins on a dry well kept lawn. With battery technology getting better the prices are falling slowly or the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Sirius

Automated Sprinkler System

Have most of the borders and pots covered with sprinklers, drippers and various different jets covering nearly everything that needs watering. Even have trays with soak system in cold frames and...
    Have most of the borders and pots covered with sprinklers, drippers and various different jets covering nearly everything that needs watering. Even have trays with soak system in cold frames and greenhouse. Designing away now for a timer system that will be completely customisable on a day to...
    Have most of the borders and pots covered with sprinklers, drippers and various different jets covering nearly everything that needs watering. Even have trays with soak system in cold frames and greenhouse. Designing away now for a timer system...
    Have most of the borders and pots covered with sprinklers, drippers and various different jets covering nearly everything that needs watering. Even have trays with soak system in cold frames and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. silu
    Like x 7

Bulldog, a very good company to deal with

:dancy: Tremendous, fork broke on Thursday replacement arrived today, you cannot ask for better than that, thank you Bulldog.
    :dancy: Tremendous, fork broke on Thursday replacement arrived today, you cannot ask for better than that, thank you Bulldog.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Portisgrass

What type of hedge trimmer to buy

This is the best most powerful ,strongest ,longest elec. hedge trimmer that I know of. Not the cheapest but will last.Bosch AHS 70-34 700W Electric Hedge Trimmer 240V
    This is the best most powerful ,strongest ,longest elec. hedge trimmer that I know of. Not the cheapest but will last.Bosch AHS 70-34 700W Electric Hedge Trimmer 240V
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Snorky85

Anyone got a Miracle Gro Aerobounty??

That's exactly what I was thinking @Sandy Ground love mint areos and bounty he he
    That's exactly what I was thinking @Sandy Ground love mint areos and bounty he he
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Palustris

Long handled pruning saws

As I already had a bargain purchase on a Wolfgarden extending handle + apple picking attachment, I also bought their pruning saw attachment when I found it at half price, see this link for what I...
    As I already had a bargain purchase on a Wolfgarden extending handle + apple picking attachment, I also bought their pruning saw attachment when I found it at half price, see this link for what I have, but not bought at their price! Think I got both plus an additional attachment (hook for...
    As I already had a bargain purchase on a Wolfgarden extending handle + apple picking attachment, I also bought their pruning saw attachment when I found it at half price, see this link for what I have, but not bought at their price! Think I got...
    As I already had a bargain purchase on a Wolfgarden extending handle + apple picking attachment, I also bought their pruning saw attachment when I found it at half price, see this link for what I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sheal

Hosepipe reels

Thanks Shiney. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. wiseowl

What Type Of Sander

This is only an opinion, and therefore neither right nor wrong.I personally would never use any kind of paint stripper for a project for a couple of reasons.First, even the "jellied" kinds...
    This is only an opinion, and therefore neither right nor wrong.I personally would never use any kind of paint stripper for a project for a couple of reasons.First, even the "jellied" kinds have a tendency to drop off the object, and strip something that doesnt need it. Unless, of course,...
    This is only an opinion, and therefore neither right nor wrong.I personally would never use any kind of paint stripper for a project for a couple of reasons.First, even the "jellied" kinds have a tendency to drop off the object, and strip...
    This is only an opinion, and therefore neither right nor wrong.I personally would never use any kind of paint stripper for a project for a couple of reasons.First, even the "jellied" kinds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. BanzaiRun

Lawn mower deliberately set underpowered?

Thank you all.lol, wouldn't want to wake the 2.2 kids :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Adam Potter

Looking for a specific brush cutter head.

OK, I know nothing about brush cutters, blue cable bits with orange middles.Just seemed a bit garbled to me.:biggrin:
    OK, I know nothing about brush cutters, blue cable bits with orange middles.Just seemed a bit garbled to me.:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. silu

Recommendation please for really heavy duty loppers.

Thanks quite right they are anvil loppers bought specifically as they are meant to be stronger than bypass and I do chop up quite a load of the likes of Beech hedge clippings (dead wood) to use...
    Thanks quite right they are anvil loppers bought specifically as they are meant to be stronger than bypass and I do chop up quite a load of the likes of Beech hedge clippings (dead wood) to use as kindling for the fires. Am on the hunt for the flaming receipt for the broken pair, have got the 1...
    Thanks quite right they are anvil loppers bought specifically as they are meant to be stronger than bypass and I do chop up quite a load of the likes of Beech hedge clippings (dead wood) to use as kindling for the fires. Am on the hunt for the...
    Thanks quite right they are anvil loppers bought specifically as they are meant to be stronger than bypass and I do chop up quite a load of the likes of Beech hedge clippings (dead wood) to use...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Stiff Lil Green Fingers

New hobby I guess!

Hey all. Some might know me allready - for the others - I'm Jake. A DIY/wannabe/newbie/apprentice standard/learner gardener :)I have no garden tools apart from a hose and an old rake. Once my lawn...
    Hey all. Some might know me allready - for the others - I'm Jake. A DIY/wannabe/newbie/apprentice standard/learner gardener :)I have no garden tools apart from a hose and an old rake. Once my lawn is finished (see post in the lawn section) - I would be interested into making my garden the...
    Hey all. Some might know me allready - for the others - I'm Jake. A DIY/wannabe/newbie/apprentice standard/learner gardener :)I have no garden tools apart from a hose and an old rake. Once my lawn is finished (see post in the lawn section) - I...
    Hey all. Some might know me allready - for the others - I'm Jake. A DIY/wannabe/newbie/apprentice standard/learner gardener :)I have no garden tools apart from a hose and an old rake. Once my lawn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. bexy13

Does anyone know where I can get a set of dahlia rings?

Hi NigelI have seen that thread. I asked the members and it turns out that somebody had a set and gave them her. It's a struggle to find someone to do that :)Bex
    Hi NigelI have seen that thread. I asked the members and it turns out that somebody had a set and gave them her. It's a struggle to find someone to do that :)Bex
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. JohnD

Which diesel water pump!

For both of these pumps, the best advice I could give would be to contact one of the companies that supply pumps that are custom made to the requirements. I do know of one such company in the UK...
    For both of these pumps, the best advice I could give would be to contact one of the companies that supply pumps that are custom made to the requirements. I do know of one such company in the UK that could do this. Not sure if its within forum rules to mention them in a reply though.
    For both of these pumps, the best advice I could give would be to contact one of the companies that supply pumps that are custom made to the requirements. I do know of one such company in the UK that could do this. Not sure if its within forum...
    For both of these pumps, the best advice I could give would be to contact one of the companies that supply pumps that are custom made to the requirements. I do know of one such company in the UK...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. wiseowl

Garden Shredder's

That's a great wee shredder, I have used one of those
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. silu

Advice re gales and greenhouse

I usually disconnect mine during gales and wire them shut, and keep the place totally shut ,doors as well.Aluminium greenhouses in particular are only designed to withstand wind from the...
    I usually disconnect mine during gales and wire them shut, and keep the place totally shut ,doors as well.Aluminium greenhouses in particular are only designed to withstand wind from the outside, once the wind gets inside it can be bye bye to most of your glazing.
    I usually disconnect mine during gales and wire them shut, and keep the place totally shut ,doors as well.Aluminium greenhouses in particular are only designed to withstand wind from the outside, once the wind gets inside it can be bye bye to...
    I usually disconnect mine during gales and wire them shut, and keep the place totally shut ,doors as well.Aluminium greenhouses in particular are only designed to withstand wind from the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Animal crackers

suffolk punch lawn mower problem.

Great stuff. Thank you john. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. clanless

Water pumps

I just stick the watering can in the top of the butt, never found a use for taps. A pump would be good for moving water from one butt to another though.
    I just stick the watering can in the top of the butt, never found a use for taps. A pump would be good for moving water from one butt to another though.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options