1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Totalbeginner!

push lawnmower?

thank you everyone, i managed to find one in argos for a measly £30!!!!1 so thank you everyone!!!
    thank you everyone, i managed to find one in argos for a measly £30!!!!1 so thank you everyone!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Totalbeginner!

push mower?

Try asking for one on your local branch of Freecycle, you could pig one up for nothing that way! :)
    Try asking for one on your local branch of Freecycle, you could pig one up for nothing that way! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. maryinbrum

Pressure washers

You can by an addative especially for cleaning patios.I think Bosch does a rotating brush accessory that fit onto the pressure washer for cleaning patios and large concrete areas. It gives an...
    You can by an addative especially for cleaning patios.I think Bosch does a rotating brush accessory that fit onto the pressure washer for cleaning patios and large concrete areas. It gives an even finish, using a jet can leave lines where the head is closer to the surface.
    You can by an addative especially for cleaning patios.I think Bosch does a rotating brush accessory that fit onto the pressure washer for cleaning patios and large concrete areas. It gives an even finish, using a jet can leave lines where the...
    You can by an addative especially for cleaning patios.I think Bosch does a rotating brush accessory that fit onto the pressure washer for cleaning patios and large concrete areas. It gives an...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Aesculus

Felco secateurs??

The French were at Harrogate Autumn Show with fabulous loppers.The stall was surrounded with women listening to their accent.I like ratchet pruners I got them at the show.
    The French were at Harrogate Autumn Show with fabulous loppers.The stall was surrounded with women listening to their accent.I like ratchet pruners I got them at the show.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Adam Moran

Oil wooden handles?

Unless tools are left exposed to the weather for long periods, the biggest threat to old tools is wood worm. I regularly brush my tools with diluted gear oil, it prevents rust and wood worm. You...
    Unless tools are left exposed to the weather for long periods, the biggest threat to old tools is wood worm. I regularly brush my tools with diluted gear oil, it prevents rust and wood worm. You only need a very thin film of oil to deter the wood beetle (or any insect). I dilute the gear oil...
    Unless tools are left exposed to the weather for long periods, the biggest threat to old tools is wood worm. I regularly brush my tools with diluted gear oil, it prevents rust and wood worm. You only need a very thin film of oil to deter the wood...
    Unless tools are left exposed to the weather for long periods, the biggest threat to old tools is wood worm. I regularly brush my tools with diluted gear oil, it prevents rust and wood worm. You...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Vince

Our Newish Rotovator

Brilliant idea Fancy to have shares in a major purchase for allotment machinery and of course a safe place to keep them from those nasty thieves, after all a well used machine is a happy machine...
    Brilliant idea Fancy to have shares in a major purchase for allotment machinery and of course a safe place to keep them from those nasty thieves, after all a well used machine is a happy machine and my goodness it doesn't half save your back!:yho: No really David because Bob's a lightweight...
    Brilliant idea Fancy to have shares in a major purchase for allotment machinery and of course a safe place to keep them from those nasty thieves, after all a well used machine is a happy machine and my goodness it doesn't half save your...
    Brilliant idea Fancy to have shares in a major purchase for allotment machinery and of course a safe place to keep them from those nasty thieves, after all a well used machine is a happy machine...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Invicta

Multi Purpose power tools

I prefer the Honda powertools. My Lawnmower is so good and so reliable I cannot fault any Honda equipment. My local Honda dealer is always happy for me to field trial any tools and I have never...
    I prefer the Honda powertools. My Lawnmower is so good and so reliable I cannot fault any Honda equipment. My local Honda dealer is always happy for me to field trial any tools and I have never been disappointed.
    I prefer the Honda powertools. My Lawnmower is so good and so reliable I cannot fault any Honda equipment. My local Honda dealer is always happy for me to field trial any tools and I have never been disappointed.
    I prefer the Honda powertools. My Lawnmower is so good and so reliable I cannot fault any Honda equipment. My local Honda dealer is always happy for me to field trial any tools and I have never...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Scotkat

Looking for replacement handle

:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Dave W

Sheen Flame Gun info

Ive never really liked flame guns, not least after I set light to a conifer!!!!when Ive used them I always used to shuv a burning rag up the end to light it. Not sure about the wick, perhaps...
    Ive never really liked flame guns, not least after I set light to a conifer!!!!when Ive used them I always used to shuv a burning rag up the end to light it. Not sure about the wick, perhaps you might be able to down load a manual.
    Ive never really liked flame guns, not least after I set light to a conifer!!!!when Ive used them I always used to shuv a burning rag up the end to light it. Not sure about the wick, perhaps you might be able to down load a manual.
    Ive never really liked flame guns, not least after I set light to a conifer!!!!when Ive used them I always used to shuv a burning rag up the end to light it. Not sure about the wick, perhaps...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Invicta

Mulching Mowers - Views please

I don't really worry too much about the state of my mowings pile - it rots down in the end. However, once the pile is a decent size I spread the new additions evenly all over it - so its only a...
    I don't really worry too much about the state of my mowings pile - it rots down in the end. However, once the pile is a decent size I spread the new additions evenly all over it - so its only a few inches thick, and I think that the fact that the "new stuff" is only a few inches thick stops it...
    I don't really worry too much about the state of my mowings pile - it rots down in the end. However, once the pile is a decent size I spread the new additions evenly all over it - so its only a few inches thick, and I think that the fact that...
    I don't really worry too much about the state of my mowings pile - it rots down in the end. However, once the pile is a decent size I spread the new additions evenly all over it - so its only a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. has bean counter

Pressure Washer advice please

Karcher are the market leader so they should be a safe bet
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. wiseowl

Reciprocating Saw

Festool overpriced?Overpriced and not the best of design either.:)As far as I'm concerned.But they do come in a nice box
    Festool overpriced?Overpriced and not the best of design either.:)As far as I'm concerned.But they do come in a nice box
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. David G

Rechargeable Strimmer

You will likely get power loss so make sure you use 1.5mm^2 leads, you will get a big enough voltage drop as it is with exceptionally long leads and small Ã? leads will make things far worse.
    You will likely get power loss so make sure you use 1.5mm^2 leads, you will get a big enough voltage drop as it is with exceptionally long leads and small Ã? leads will make things far worse.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. men8ifr

Spade recommendations

For now i've welded my BnQ spade - I have to say the metal was surprisingly thin near the top of the blade (where it needs to be very strong...)
    For now i've welded my BnQ spade - I have to say the metal was surprisingly thin near the top of the blade (where it needs to be very strong...)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. amanita

bag for a mowerland B20 vac/blower

Sorted, Amanita, now go get those leaves.:gnthb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kipwad

Digging or Border Spade?

I have a normal matching pair off Spear & Jackson spade and FLAT tined fork. Both have proper wooden shafts, which I keep varnished. None of those useless heavy metal shafts, thank you! The...
    I have a normal matching pair off Spear & Jackson spade and FLAT tined fork. Both have proper wooden shafts, which I keep varnished. None of those useless heavy metal shafts, thank you! The spade blade has worn smooth with use, very thin and sharp, the fork tines have also worn smooth and...
    I have a normal matching pair off Spear & Jackson spade and FLAT tined fork. Both have proper wooden shafts, which I keep varnished. None of those useless heavy metal shafts, thank you! The spade blade has worn smooth with use, very thin and...
    I have a normal matching pair off Spear & Jackson spade and FLAT tined fork. Both have proper wooden shafts, which I keep varnished. None of those useless heavy metal shafts, thank you! The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. takemore02withit

Does anyone know???

I like mine I have 2 different sizes and they're so handy
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Brian Simpson

Hoes

The head oscilates with the ground. The pulling/pushing action sharpens the blade.
    The head oscilates with the ground. The pulling/pushing action sharpens the blade.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Little Miss Road Rage

Nail Guns

No one seems to have mentioned that you need to use galvanised nails for fencing, otherwise they rust through and the boards fall off. Also dovetail the nails in so that they hold against each other.
    No one seems to have mentioned that you need to use galvanised nails for fencing, otherwise they rust through and the boards fall off. Also dovetail the nails in so that they hold against each other.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. mailliw

What tap-to-hose attachment do I need?

:thmb::thmb: Excellent..!!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice