Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. dortmunder

Brass hose connectors

It's to connect the small piece of hose to the tap at one end and the reel on the other, Kristen. The same fitting required for both. I got the brass ones and they connect perfectly but the flow...
    It's to connect the small piece of hose to the tap at one end and the reel on the other, Kristen. The same fitting required for both. I got the brass ones and they connect perfectly but the flow is severely reduced so they're being returned. I'll maybe look into your Geka's - thanks for the...
    It's to connect the small piece of hose to the tap at one end and the reel on the other, Kristen. The same fitting required for both. I got the brass ones and they connect perfectly but the flow is severely reduced so they're being returned. ...
    It's to connect the small piece of hose to the tap at one end and the reel on the other, Kristen. The same fitting required for both. I got the brass ones and they connect perfectly but the flow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Gizmo

which tool

thank you for your help and advice
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. JackJJW

pH soil testers

Most experts seem to say that the best way of testing soil is by getting it analised in a laboratory. Whilst that would be true for the sample provided, its not the whole truth. Using my own...
    Most experts seem to say that the best way of testing soil is by getting it analised in a laboratory. Whilst that would be true for the sample provided, its not the whole truth. Using my own garden as an example, what I have found is that the values change over time, which does tend to make lab...
    Most experts seem to say that the best way of testing soil is by getting it analised in a laboratory. Whilst that would be true for the sample provided, its not the whole truth. Using my own garden as an example, what I have found is that the...
    Most experts seem to say that the best way of testing soil is by getting it analised in a laboratory. Whilst that would be true for the sample provided, its not the whole truth. Using my own...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Witterings

Hayter Harrier 56 or Honda HRD 536 Mower

If the electric start went wrong I would soon make sure that there was a quick replacement. The company I bought it from would be able to get a replacement part, or do a repair, quickly. Getting...
    If the electric start went wrong I would soon make sure that there was a quick replacement. The company I bought it from would be able to get a replacement part, or do a repair, quickly. Getting the parts would be only a minor problem as Hayters UK HO is two miles from me. :heehee: The only thing to...
    If the electric start went wrong I would soon make sure that there was a quick replacement. The company I bought it from would be able to get a replacement part, or do a repair, quickly. Getting the parts would be only a minor problem as...
    If the electric start went wrong I would soon make sure that there was a quick replacement. The company I bought it from would be able to get a replacement part, or do a repair, quickly. Getting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Paul4321

Ride on mower

Do you have any local dealerships for various manufacturers? Best to see what’s available locally ie John Deere, Etesia, Mountfield and so on so you can see what’s available and get the dealers...
    Do you have any local dealerships for various manufacturers? Best to see what’s available locally ie John Deere, Etesia, Mountfield and so on so you can see what’s available and get the dealers thoughts. Some even offer demos. You might find an ex demo or a very good secondhand ride on but look...
    Do you have any local dealerships for various manufacturers? Best to see what’s available locally ie John Deere, Etesia, Mountfield and so on so you can see what’s available and get the dealers thoughts. Some even offer demos. You might find an...
    Do you have any local dealerships for various manufacturers? Best to see what’s available locally ie John Deere, Etesia, Mountfield and so on so you can see what’s available and get the dealers...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Gizmo

Cuprinol Garden Wood Preserver

Just wondering if the timber was wet when you applied it. It would soak in really well in hot dry summer conditions but if the timber is wet absorption would be minimal.
    Just wondering if the timber was wet when you applied it. It would soak in really well in hot dry summer conditions but if the timber is wet absorption would be minimal.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Quentin 1

Sharpness of secateurs

The big advantage of Felco secateurs over other makes is that they're intended to be maintained. Easy to dismantle for thorough cleaning and sharpening, replacement parts easily available etc....
    The big advantage of Felco secateurs over other makes is that they're intended to be maintained. Easy to dismantle for thorough cleaning and sharpening, replacement parts easily available etc. There's even a Company in, I think, Leicester, where you can send them to be completely overhauled....
    The big advantage of Felco secateurs over other makes is that they're intended to be maintained. Easy to dismantle for thorough cleaning and sharpening, replacement parts easily available etc. There's even a Company in, I think, Leicester, where...
    The big advantage of Felco secateurs over other makes is that they're intended to be maintained. Easy to dismantle for thorough cleaning and sharpening, replacement parts easily available etc....
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. CarolineL

Terracotta pots

Erh hm. Scuse me. This old far/fellar has lost the plot. When you talk about terracotta pots, do you mean these fance immatations that you get fom the gardencenters, or do you mean, what many...
    Erh hm. Scuse me. This old far/fellar has lost the plot. When you talk about terracotta pots, do you mean these fance immatations that you get fom the gardencenters, or do you mean, what many of us oldies call. Clay pots. Clay pots had a basic measurement, some had a semi moulded rim others...
    Erh hm. Scuse me. This old far/fellar has lost the plot. When you talk about terracotta pots, do you mean these fance immatations that you get fom the gardencenters, or do you mean, what many of us oldies call. Clay pots. Clay pots had a...
    Erh hm. Scuse me. This old far/fellar has lost the plot. When you talk about terracotta pots, do you mean these fance immatations that you get fom the gardencenters, or do you mean, what many...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Gizmo

which glue

Hi well moving house is not a option aa my wife had a stroke last time we moved
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Gizmo

worx power washer

Well done :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. rustyroots

Heavy duty pots.

There are several ads for pots/containers of all sizes on Ebay. Unless using planters, where a display can be planted, I prefer to stick with 15Ltr pots. Obtainable from Oakwood Gardens. I have...
    There are several ads for pots/containers of all sizes on Ebay. Unless using planters, where a display can be planted, I prefer to stick with 15Ltr pots. Obtainable from Oakwood Gardens. I have used the 'Flower buckets' obtainable from florists, @10p each, IMO good value. Bore a few drainage...
    There are several ads for pots/containers of all sizes on Ebay. Unless using planters, where a display can be planted, I prefer to stick with 15Ltr pots. Obtainable from Oakwood Gardens. I have used the 'Flower buckets' obtainable from...
    There are several ads for pots/containers of all sizes on Ebay. Unless using planters, where a display can be planted, I prefer to stick with 15Ltr pots. Obtainable from Oakwood Gardens. I have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Palustris

Long handled leaf grabber

I've used long handled ones (Separate ones, not the ones that are joined together) and it was quite easy putting the leaves into a builders' bag. An alternative is to use a garden vacuum and then...
    I've used long handled ones (Separate ones, not the ones that are joined together) and it was quite easy putting the leaves into a builders' bag. An alternative is to use a garden vacuum and then empty the contents into your builders' bag. I prefer the second method because shredded leaves take...
    I've used long handled ones (Separate ones, not the ones that are joined together) and it was quite easy putting the leaves into a builders' bag. An alternative is to use a garden vacuum and then empty the contents into your builders' bag. I...
    I've used long handled ones (Separate ones, not the ones that are joined together) and it was quite easy putting the leaves into a builders' bag. An alternative is to use a garden vacuum and then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Spruce

Trolley to move large pots

They 'walk' down far easier than they 'climb'. But not as difficult as getting a wheelchair user into a similar escape chair and down flights of stairs.
    They 'walk' down far easier than they 'climb'. But not as difficult as getting a wheelchair user into a similar escape chair and down flights of stairs.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Richard11

Tools For A New Gardening Business

I recently purchased gardening equipment from Inthemarket. I have bought a polytunnel to grow my garden safe and secure. I suggest to go through Inthemarket if you looking quality product in cheap...
    I recently purchased gardening equipment from Inthemarket. I have bought a polytunnel to grow my garden safe and secure. I suggest to go through Inthemarket if you looking quality product in cheap price.
    I recently purchased gardening equipment from Inthemarket. I have bought a polytunnel to grow my garden safe and secure. I suggest to go through Inthemarket if you looking quality product in cheap price.
    I recently purchased gardening equipment from Inthemarket. I have bought a polytunnel to grow my garden safe and secure. I suggest to go through Inthemarket if you looking quality product in cheap...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Gizmo

hoselock water system

many thanks for your reply all though the trigger felt ok i decided to buy a new trigger and all works ok now thanks for your advice
    many thanks for your reply all though the trigger felt ok i decided to buy a new trigger and all works ok now thanks for your advice
    IMG_20200922_153659_resized_20200922_034816313.jpg 16007881520625629543850236728160.jpg IMG_20200922_174037_resized_20200923_102721732.jpg IMG_20200922_174052_resized_20200923_102721609.jpg IMG_20200922_174108_resized_20200923_102721455.jpg IMG_20200922_174117_resized_20200923_102721322.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. stitch666

Mountfield 414 not starting

My mower has always been a problem to start especially when hot. I bought a small bottle of something called petrol enhancer from B&Q.Seems to have made quite a difference, but I dont know what...
    My mower has always been a problem to start especially when hot. I bought a small bottle of something called petrol enhancer from B&Q.Seems to have made quite a difference, but I dont know what it is.
    My mower has always been a problem to start especially when hot. I bought a small bottle of something called petrol enhancer from B&Q.Seems to have made quite a difference, but I dont know what it is.
    My mower has always been a problem to start especially when hot. I bought a small bottle of something called petrol enhancer from B&Q.Seems to have made quite a difference, but I dont know what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Engelbert

Spark Plug - wrong model fitted to trimmer - could it cause problems?

If we were foing to develop a them of innuendo, then I would mention the worlds most inappropriately name moped with a small two stroke...the Norman Nippy....Oops! I just did! :whistle::biggrin:
    If we were foing to develop a them of innuendo, then I would mention the worlds most inappropriately name moped with a small two stroke...the Norman Nippy....Oops! I just did! :whistle::biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. weedaway

Which Lawn Mower Would You Choose

I have used my Quad-cut a few times now, one of the reasons it impresses me so much is because the blades cut straight through long fibrous long leaves like phormium leaves and mulches them, all...
    I have used my Quad-cut a few times now, one of the reasons it impresses me so much is because the blades cut straight through long fibrous long leaves like phormium leaves and mulches them, all of my previous mowers would get the leaves wound around the centre spindle like thick lengths of...
    I have used my Quad-cut a few times now, one of the reasons it impresses me so much is because the blades cut straight through long fibrous long leaves like phormium leaves and mulches them, all of my previous mowers would get the leaves wound...
    I have used my Quad-cut a few times now, one of the reasons it impresses me so much is because the blades cut straight through long fibrous long leaves like phormium leaves and mulches them, all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Tinkerbelle61

Is this a propagator? But no ventilation?

Hi allI have been lucky enough to get my hands on a greenhouse from a relatives house move, with it came a number of items. One is this, which appears to be a propagator but it does not have...
    Hi allI have been lucky enough to get my hands on a greenhouse from a relatives house move, with it came a number of items. One is this, which appears to be a propagator but it does not have any ventilation.I’ve googled the make and wiki says “Breveté SGDG was a French type of patent that...
    Hi allI have been lucky enough to get my hands on a greenhouse from a relatives house move, with it came a number of items. One is this, which appears to be a propagator but it does not have any ventilation.I’ve googled the make and wiki...
    Hi allI have been lucky enough to get my hands on a greenhouse from a relatives house move, with it came a number of items. One is this, which appears to be a propagator but it does not have...
    A0DEF8B8-7033-4A7B-9401-1383FD168A54.jpeg E7F4E9C0-8849-45C0-95A0-A3A3FF7A5413.jpeg 162759BA-64EA-494C-BD0F-F9AF6848798E.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Fat Controller

Electric tillers

You could go down the no-dig route as it less labour intensive. For the price of an electric tiller you could get a delivery of mushroom compost. Pay them a fiver tip and they may hump it into...
    You could go down the no-dig route as it less labour intensive. For the price of an electric tiller you could get a delivery of mushroom compost. Pay them a fiver tip and they may hump it into your back garden. Mushroom compost is a good conditioner for clay soil, worms will mix it in over...
    You could go down the no-dig route as it less labour intensive. For the price of an electric tiller you could get a delivery of mushroom compost. Pay them a fiver tip and they may hump it into your back garden. Mushroom compost is a good...
    You could go down the no-dig route as it less labour intensive. For the price of an electric tiller you could get a delivery of mushroom compost. Pay them a fiver tip and they may hump it into...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice