1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Larkshall

Electric Strimmers, Mowers and Cultivators

My FIL is in his early 70's and had a hip replacement a while ago (having worn his out with excessive Squash playing I expect!). He still skis :)
    My FIL is in his early 70's and had a hip replacement a while ago (having worn his out with excessive Squash playing I expect!). He still skis :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. carpious

Qualcast 14sk

Many Thanks,I had no idea they were so closley related. I had seen the fixings mentioned but just wanted to check first.Cheers,Keith.
    Many Thanks,I had no idea they were so closley related. I had seen the fixings mentioned but just wanted to check first.Cheers,Keith.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. giw12

New loppers

I agree, albeit a japanese steel silkyfox saw is better than the wolf.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. minton

Multi dibber

I saw something yesterday which might fit the bill. A lawn aerator, like a fork with five or six hollow tines, I think it was £9.99.
    I saw something yesterday which might fit the bill. A lawn aerator, like a fork with five or six hollow tines, I think it was £9.99.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. andypinks

Wheel Barrow for £40

Carboot carboot and carboot. Mine was a fiver-don`t know its make, don`t much care had it for about 4 yrs now, it looks a bit knackered and Ive had to replace some of the clips ( with garden...
    Carboot carboot and carboot. Mine was a fiver-don`t know its make, don`t much care had it for about 4 yrs now, it looks a bit knackered and Ive had to replace some of the clips ( with garden twine) and blown the tyre back up but still going strong. Don`t buy new stuff ever if you can help it.
    Carboot carboot and carboot. Mine was a fiver-don`t know its make, don`t much care had it for about 4 yrs now, it looks a bit knackered and Ive had to replace some of the clips ( with garden twine) and blown the tyre back up but still going...
    Carboot carboot and carboot. Mine was a fiver-don`t know its make, don`t much care had it for about 4 yrs now, it looks a bit knackered and Ive had to replace some of the clips ( with garden...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. flowerpotty

power tools for gardening

Yes! they were designed and built by engineers, not designed by someone who has never used one on the job and built by kids in an South East Asian country.Does anyone remember Holtums "Trusty...
    Yes! they were designed and built by engineers, not designed by someone who has never used one on the job and built by kids in an South East Asian country.Does anyone remember Holtums "Trusty Tractor", I think that was probably the fore runner of the Howard. It was a two wheeled (or walking)...
    Yes! they were designed and built by engineers, not designed by someone who has never used one on the job and built by kids in an South East Asian country.Does anyone remember Holtums "Trusty Tractor", I think that was probably the fore runner...
    Yes! they were designed and built by engineers, not designed by someone who has never used one on the job and built by kids in an South East Asian country.Does anyone remember Holtums "Trusty...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kristen

Which replacement mower?

Im sentimentally atatched to my old massport mower as crap as it is due to it being the last tool i bought with my gramps help (it seamed a better machine lol) ive got the spare mowers down at my...
    Im sentimentally atatched to my old massport mower as crap as it is due to it being the last tool i bought with my gramps help (it seamed a better machine lol) ive got the spare mowers down at my nans at the moment i think ill get rid of the hayterette though i never use it now ive got to have...
    Im sentimentally atatched to my old massport mower as crap as it is due to it being the last tool i bought with my gramps help (it seamed a better machine lol) ive got the spare mowers down at my nans at the moment i think ill get rid of the...
    Im sentimentally atatched to my old massport mower as crap as it is due to it being the last tool i bought with my gramps help (it seamed a better machine lol) ive got the spare mowers down at my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. annej

Jungle Scythe

That's the beast! Thanks. I wonder if my Mum has still got it ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Loofah

Dutch hoe

Paul your a diamond. think im goona have to knock one of those up just a simple question does the blade swivel slitley and rocks back and forth , If it does it's all about working out how to...
    Paul your a diamond. think im goona have to knock one of those up just a simple question does the blade swivel slitley and rocks back and forth , If it does it's all about working out how to sort out the stops
    Paul your a diamond. think im goona have to knock one of those up just a simple question does the blade swivel slitley and rocks back and forth , If it does it's all about working out how to sort out the stops
    Paul your a diamond. think im goona have to knock one of those up just a simple question does the blade swivel slitley and rocks back and forth , If it does it's all about working out how to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. joannesdogs

help need old mower parts

Evening Joanne, and welcome to the site. You could give www.eparkmowers.co.uk a try. I find them very helpful.:thumb:
    Evening Joanne, and welcome to the site. You could give www.eparkmowers.co.uk a try. I find them very helpful.:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. spudbristol

Stihl HS81R hedge trimmer

well i use the cutter from time to time but ive only moved the handle once to see if it made a difference it didnt lol in wouldnt have bought it just for that feature i only really got it because...
    well i use the cutter from time to time but ive only moved the handle once to see if it made a difference it didnt lol in wouldnt have bought it just for that feature i only really got it because i got it brand new for £200 when the new range came out
    well i use the cutter from time to time but ive only moved the handle once to see if it made a difference it didnt lol in wouldnt have bought it just for that feature i only really got it because i got it brand new for £200 when the new range...
    well i use the cutter from time to time but ive only moved the handle once to see if it made a difference it didnt lol in wouldnt have bought it just for that feature i only really got it because...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Pro Gard

Sabre saws/ All purpose saw, any good?

Yeah ive used them to:thumb: get mine from stax trade center just a little cheeper :)
    Yeah ive used them to:thumb: get mine from stax trade center just a little cheeper :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. richtich

Tools of the trade

Ill also add i got my public liability through ive also got my tools covered on the policy for an unbelevably cheep price came in handy to when i turned around one day and someone ran off with me...
    Ill also add i got my public liability through ive also got my tools covered on the policy for an unbelevably cheep price came in handy to when i turned around one day and someone ran off with me strimmer :mad:
    Ill also add i got my public liability through ive also got my tools covered on the policy for an unbelevably cheep price came in handy to when i turned around one day and someone ran off with me strimmer :mad:
    Ill also add i got my public liability through ive also got my tools covered on the policy for an unbelevably cheep price came in handy to when i turned around one day and someone ran off with me...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Willo

Hedge Trimmer Recommendations Please

Id say Ryobi arnt to bad but might be a bit on the heavy side cant beat a sthil but not worth the money juat for your own garden if you ask me
    Id say Ryobi arnt to bad but might be a bit on the heavy side cant beat a sthil but not worth the money juat for your own garden if you ask me
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Sezzle

Trowel for stony soil?

DavidI guess the bulb planter would be fine for making the hole but using two trowels in a sort of pincer action lets you lift a small plant, or even fragile seedlings, out of the ground very...
    DavidI guess the bulb planter would be fine for making the hole but using two trowels in a sort of pincer action lets you lift a small plant, or even fragile seedlings, out of the ground very cleanly.
    DavidI guess the bulb planter would be fine for making the hole but using two trowels in a sort of pincer action lets you lift a small plant, or even fragile seedlings, out of the ground very cleanly.
    DavidI guess the bulb planter would be fine for making the hole but using two trowels in a sort of pincer action lets you lift a small plant, or even fragile seedlings, out of the ground very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. craig

Gardeners' World Fork and Trowel offer - Gardening Direct

It currently just says the order has been placed. They've already been paid for them so I'll give them an email chasing them up. Why don't people do what they're paid for anymore?
    It currently just says the order has been placed. They've already been paid for them so I'll give them an email chasing them up. Why don't people do what they're paid for anymore?
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Matchman

Incinerators

Since posting the original thread I have read a bit and decided to buy an old oil drum as an incinerator. There are one or two advertised on E Bay. Thanks for your replies.:)
    Since posting the original thread I have read a bit and decided to buy an old oil drum as an incinerator. There are one or two advertised on E Bay. Thanks for your replies.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. old codger

ancient rotary mower

Thanx alot 'The Master'.......all I need now is the points GAP and i'll be running.....all right, walking. C'mon you green fingered lot, there must be more info out there, looking for a coil...
    Thanx alot 'The Master'.......all I need now is the points GAP and i'll be running.....all right, walking. C'mon you green fingered lot, there must be more info out there, looking for a coil too?????I'll be waiting patiently, regards, OC.
    Thanx alot 'The Master'.......all I need now is the points GAP and i'll be running.....all right, walking. C'mon you green fingered lot, there must be more info out there, looking for a coil too?????I'll be waiting patiently, regards, OC.
    Thanx alot 'The Master'.......all I need now is the points GAP and i'll be running.....all right, walking. C'mon you green fingered lot, there must be more info out there, looking for a coil...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Dover Dave

Flymo or Petrol

Vegman thanks for the advise all checked and blade sharp. I think it may be that since de-weeding feeding, rakeing and trying to make it look good plus the fact its north facing i need a better...
    Vegman thanks for the advise all checked and blade sharp. I think it may be that since de-weeding feeding, rakeing and trying to make it look good plus the fact its north facing i need a better small mower as its never dry enough for a flymo.:) Iceni. yes thanks i'm already looking at prices for...
    Vegman thanks for the advise all checked and blade sharp. I think it may be that since de-weeding feeding, rakeing and trying to make it look good plus the fact its north facing i need a better small mower as its never dry enough for a flymo.:)...
    Vegman thanks for the advise all checked and blade sharp. I think it may be that since de-weeding feeding, rakeing and trying to make it look good plus the fact its north facing i need a better...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Big-D

Which? hover mower ... ?

Hover mowers don't collect that much grass, so it's best to avoid these if you want good collection performance.Rotary's draw things up like a vacuum, very useful for collecting leaves in the...
    Hover mowers don't collect that much grass, so it's best to avoid these if you want good collection performance.Rotary's draw things up like a vacuum, very useful for collecting leaves in the autumn, however I wouldn't think they will draw up gravel.Cylinders are good if you have a nice...
    Hover mowers don't collect that much grass, so it's best to avoid these if you want good collection performance.Rotary's draw things up like a vacuum, very useful for collecting leaves in the autumn, however I wouldn't think they will draw up...
    Hover mowers don't collect that much grass, so it's best to avoid these if you want good collection performance.Rotary's draw things up like a vacuum, very useful for collecting leaves in the...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice