1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. hoofy

Which tool to take 8 inch off top of privet hedge?

I watched the gardeners at a local NT property carefully measuring the height they're cutting every stem at, when that's all totally unnecessary as it can all be later topped to a higher uniform...
    I watched the gardeners at a local NT property carefully measuring the height they're cutting every stem at, when that's all totally unnecessary as it can all be later topped to a higher uniform height.They must have wasted £1,000's of NT members subscriptions with their stupid, pedantic...
    I watched the gardeners at a local NT property carefully measuring the height they're cutting every stem at, when that's all totally unnecessary as it can all be later topped to a higher uniform height.They must have wasted £1,000's of NT...
    I watched the gardeners at a local NT property carefully measuring the height they're cutting every stem at, when that's all totally unnecessary as it can all be later topped to a higher uniform...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Zola

Lawn Aerator - Petrol or Electric?

Please friends don't offense as none is intended. The internet and gardening forums etc have certainly brought likeminded folk together. So as a result we may find ourselves in a new learning...
    Please friends don't offense as none is intended. The internet and gardening forums etc have certainly brought likeminded folk together. So as a result we may find ourselves in a new learning zone.Scarifying basically means, a concerted effort to rake a grass area so as to dislodge and...
    Please friends don't offense as none is intended. The internet and gardening forums etc have certainly brought likeminded folk together. So as a result we may find ourselves in a new learning zone.Scarifying basically means, a concerted...
    Please friends don't offense as none is intended. The internet and gardening forums etc have certainly brought likeminded folk together. So as a result we may find ourselves in a new learning...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kellys_eye

Sprinkler recommendations

As Graham said above think about area cover. I prefer the oscillating bar type of sprinkler, as Mike showed. These range from Wilkos at £9 to £45 . I also have a flying saucer type, as photo, not...
    As Graham said above think about area cover. I prefer the oscillating bar type of sprinkler, as Mike showed. These range from Wilkos at £9 to £45 . I also have a flying saucer type, as photo, not very good in my opinion as they don't seem to water the full spray area.
    As Graham said above think about area cover. I prefer the oscillating bar type of sprinkler, as Mike showed. These range from Wilkos at £9 to £45 . I also have a flying saucer type, as photo, not very good in my opinion as they don't seem to...
    As Graham said above think about area cover. I prefer the oscillating bar type of sprinkler, as Mike showed. These range from Wilkos at £9 to £45 . I also have a flying saucer type, as photo, not...
    P1060644.JPG SI15813-40.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. NessaJ70

Recommendations for petrol strimmer

Thanks for this Liz, we're sorted now thank you. We've got a MTD one which seems to do the job well.
    Thanks for this Liz, we're sorted now thank you. We've got a MTD one which seems to do the job well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Greg C

Petrol lawnmower issues

Thanks for the great suggestions. My mower doesn't seem to have idle screws as that was one of the first things I looked for. I had drained my old petrol at the end of last season. I did remove...
    Thanks for the great suggestions. My mower doesn't seem to have idle screws as that was one of the first things I looked for. I had drained my old petrol at the end of last season. I did remove the carb float for cleaning so I'm not sure if I have moved something about with the screws there so...
    Thanks for the great suggestions. My mower doesn't seem to have idle screws as that was one of the first things I looked for. I had drained my old petrol at the end of last season. I did remove the carb float for cleaning so I'm not sure if I...
    Thanks for the great suggestions. My mower doesn't seem to have idle screws as that was one of the first things I looked for. I had drained my old petrol at the end of last season. I did remove...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Janet mahay

Pressure washer

:bigthumb::thanks:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Webmaster

Kent and Stowe digging spade ..... Snapped !

Thank goodness as that was definitely a faulty one I would have said and like Pete never seen one go like that before, but there must have been tension there if it went bang when it snapped.....
    Thank goodness as that was definitely a faulty one I would have said and like Pete never seen one go like that before, but there must have been tension there if it went bang when it snapped.. Thank goodness no injuries..! :yikes:
    Thank goodness as that was definitely a faulty one I would have said and like Pete never seen one go like that before, but there must have been tension there if it went bang when it snapped.. Thank goodness no injuries..! :yikes:
    Thank goodness as that was definitely a faulty one I would have said and like Pete never seen one go like that before, but there must have been tension there if it went bang when it snapped.....
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl

New Border Spade

Good afternoon @Marley Farley my friend I purchased this one as I did take notice of your advice and went for Spear and jackson" I just liked the feel and balance of it(ie our friend @Verdun good...
    Good afternoon @Marley Farley my friend I purchased this one as I did take notice of your advice and went for Spear and jackson" I just liked the feel and balance of it(ie our friend @Verdun good advice and so thank you to both of you,much appreciated my friends,and thank you @Clare G thank you...
    Good afternoon @Marley Farley my friend I purchased this one as I did take notice of your advice and went for Spear and jackson" I just liked the feel and balance of it(ie our friend @Verdun good advice and so thank you to both of you,much...
    Good afternoon @Marley Farley my friend I purchased this one as I did take notice of your advice and went for Spear and jackson" I just liked the feel and balance of it(ie our friend @Verdun good...
    spade.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Paul Blackburn

How to use this tool

Paul can you show us what a vintage Joseph Bentley Steel Herbaceous cropping pruning tool, is?It means nothing to me.:biggrin:Maybe old Joe Bentley should have stuck to making cars.:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Paul can you show us what a vintage Joseph Bentley Steel Herbaceous cropping pruning tool, is?It means nothing to me.:biggrin:Maybe old Joe Bentley should have stuck to making cars.:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Paul Blackburn

How to sharpen Secateurs

I always manage to lose mine before they need sharpening !
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. hedgefog

Difference between Anvil Loper vs. ByPass Loper?

To prune this each year I use two pruners.A Barnel telescopic(stock photo)They aren't cheap at £100 including postage on eBay and they'll only cut thin branches, though it comes...
    To prune this each year I use two pruners.A Barnel telescopic(stock photo)They aren't cheap at £100 including postage on eBay and they'll only cut thin branches, though it comes with a saw you can attach. They are easy to ruin if you try to prune too thick a branch. I did one in,...
    To prune this each year I use two pruners.A Barnel telescopic(stock photo)They aren't cheap at £100 including postage on eBay and they'll only cut thin branches, though it comes with a saw you can attach. They are easy to ruin if...
    To prune this each year I use two pruners.A Barnel telescopic(stock photo)They aren't cheap at £100 including postage on eBay and they'll only cut thin branches, though it comes...
    P1000654.JPG s-l1600.jpg 100000.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Mike Allen

Electric garden leaf blower,vac,mulcher

Luckily all the trees in my garden are tactically positioned to shed 80% of the leaves onto the neighbours gardens. One of my workmates had the opposite problem , living near an open park. The...
    Luckily all the trees in my garden are tactically positioned to shed 80% of the leaves onto the neighbours gardens. One of my workmates had the opposite problem , living near an open park. The prevailing wind herded all the leaves into his front garden. Sometimes three feet deep after a gale :snorky:
    Luckily all the trees in my garden are tactically positioned to shed 80% of the leaves onto the neighbours gardens. One of my workmates had the opposite problem , living near an open park. The prevailing wind herded all the leaves into his front...
    Luckily all the trees in my garden are tactically positioned to shed 80% of the leaves onto the neighbours gardens. One of my workmates had the opposite problem , living near an open park. The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Scrungee

Electric dehumidifier

I do that,hasnt done any harm,but to be mega safe maybe worth putting a drollet of bleach in the water before giving it to pkants to stop any botrytis etc spreading ? Ive nevre bothered myself but...
    I do that,hasnt done any harm,but to be mega safe maybe worth putting a drollet of bleach in the water before giving it to pkants to stop any botrytis etc spreading ? Ive nevre bothered myself but maybe that would be best practice?
    I do that,hasnt done any harm,but to be mega safe maybe worth putting a drollet of bleach in the water before giving it to pkants to stop any botrytis etc spreading ? Ive nevre bothered myself but maybe that would be best practice?
    I do that,hasnt done any harm,but to be mega safe maybe worth putting a drollet of bleach in the water before giving it to pkants to stop any botrytis etc spreading ? Ive nevre bothered myself but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Steve R
    Like x 6

8 x 2 Heated Propagator.

It certainly looks good and should give you a lot of help with raising plants.I built mine (5ft x 3ft) in 1976 and it's still going strong :blue thumb:. The only problem we get is that the cats, only ever...
    It certainly looks good and should give you a lot of help with raising plants.I built mine (5ft x 3ft) in 1976 and it's still going strong :blue thumb:. The only problem we get is that the cats, only ever one at a time use it to sleep in, tend to uncover the cables. They don't do any damage and have...
    It certainly looks good and should give you a lot of help with raising plants.I built mine (5ft x 3ft) in 1976 and it's still going strong :blue thumb:. The only problem we get is that the cats, only ever one at a time use it to sleep in, tend to uncover...
    It certainly looks good and should give you a lot of help with raising plants.I built mine (5ft x 3ft) in 1976 and it's still going strong :blue thumb:. The only problem we get is that the cats, only ever...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. silu

Solar powered water pump.

That looks and sounds a great little set up @CanadianLori :thumbsup:I have a solar powered pump but it only stores a few hrs of use as long as no timer on it as well.. My panel is 12"x 18" though so titchy..
    That looks and sounds a great little set up @CanadianLori :thumbsup:I have a solar powered pump but it only stores a few hrs of use as long as no timer on it as well.. My panel is 12"x 18" though so titchy..
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Gail_68

Root Assassin spade

Now hearing it from yourself Kindredspirit who as one and knowing what it is actually capable of doing, there's a lot of difference to how the video shows it ;)
    Now hearing it from yourself Kindredspirit who as one and knowing what it is actually capable of doing, there's a lot of difference to how the video shows it ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Mervyn Wilmington

Hyundai gardening equipment

I'm really surprised, and disappointed, to hear that Hyundai haven't responded to you - I really thought better of them.Glad you are happy with the B&D (which to be fair is pretty much a given...
    I'm really surprised, and disappointed, to hear that Hyundai haven't responded to you - I really thought better of them.Glad you are happy with the B&D (which to be fair is pretty much a given with their stuff), and hope it serves you well :)
    I'm really surprised, and disappointed, to hear that Hyundai haven't responded to you - I really thought better of them.Glad you are happy with the B&D (which to be fair is pretty much a given with their stuff), and hope it serves you well :)
    I'm really surprised, and disappointed, to hear that Hyundai haven't responded to you - I really thought better of them.Glad you are happy with the B&D (which to be fair is pretty much a given...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. newtothis

Help deciding on some tools

thanks for all the advice
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. luciusmaximus

Best Hosepipe

100% agree Tricoflex is more expensive to buy but will last and last. I got 2 huge roles of it over 25 years ago and it is still going strong. It gets run over by cars on occasions and is left out...
    100% agree Tricoflex is more expensive to buy but will last and last. I got 2 huge roles of it over 25 years ago and it is still going strong. It gets run over by cars on occasions and is left out to use to fill horse's trough in the winter. I have used cheap hose in the past and it would last...
    100% agree Tricoflex is more expensive to buy but will last and last. I got 2 huge roles of it over 25 years ago and it is still going strong. It gets run over by cars on occasions and is left out to use to fill horse's trough in the winter. I...
    100% agree Tricoflex is more expensive to buy but will last and last. I got 2 huge roles of it over 25 years ago and it is still going strong. It gets run over by cars on occasions and is left out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. REMF33

Hozelock watering system question

You need to screw the white piece into the timer before fitting to the tap. Then offer up the timer to the tap and turn in the direction shown below onto the tap thread. I found these instructions...
    You need to screw the white piece into the timer before fitting to the tap. Then offer up the timer to the tap and turn in the direction shown below onto the tap thread. I found these instructions for another hozelock timer but should give you the general idea:
    You need to screw the white piece into the timer before fitting to the tap. Then offer up the timer to the tap and turn in the direction shown below onto the tap thread. I found these instructions for another hozelock timer but should give you...
    You need to screw the white piece into the timer before fitting to the tap. Then offer up the timer to the tap and turn in the direction shown below onto the tap thread. I found these instructions...
    Capture.PNG Capture.PNG ttt.PNG Capture.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice