Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

THE IMPORTANCE OF TREE ECOSYSTEMS..

Importance and Value of TreesSince the beginning, trees have furnished us with two of life’s essentials, food and oxygen. As we evolved, they provided additional necessities such as shelter,...
    Importance and Value of TreesSince the beginning, trees have furnished us with two of life’s essentials, food and oxygen. As we evolved, they provided additional necessities such as shelter, medicine, and tools. Today, their value continues to increase and more benefits of trees are being...
    Importance and Value of TreesSince the beginning, trees have furnished us with two of life’s essentials, food and oxygen. As we evolved, they provided additional necessities such as shelter, medicine, and tools. Today, their value continues to...
    Importance and Value of TreesSince the beginning, trees have furnished us with two of life’s essentials, food and oxygen. As we evolved, they provided additional necessities such as shelter,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Like x 3

THE IMPORTANCE OF PROPER PRUNING OF TREES..

The Importance Of The Proper Pruning Of Trees' by Harmony ArboricultureHow and why pruning should be carried out correctlyA tree will self-prune (shed limbs) Trees are self-optimising...
    The Importance Of The Proper Pruning Of Trees' by Harmony ArboricultureHow and why pruning should be carried out correctlyA tree will self-prune (shed limbs) Trees are self-optimising organisms that will try to conserve energy and expend as little as required in order to grow and produce...
    The Importance Of The Proper Pruning Of Trees' by Harmony ArboricultureHow and why pruning should be carried out correctlyA tree will self-prune (shed limbs) Trees are self-optimising organisms that will try to conserve energy and expend as...
    The Importance Of The Proper Pruning Of Trees' by Harmony ArboricultureHow and why pruning should be carried out correctlyA tree will self-prune (shed limbs) Trees are self-optimising...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

THE IMPORTANCE OF TREE ROOTS..

The Importance Of Tree RootsWhy care should be taken below ground as well as above.Tree roots are often overlooked and misunderstood. Because their nature is to remain underground they are...
    The Importance Of Tree RootsWhy care should be taken below ground as well as above.Tree roots are often overlooked and misunderstood. Because their nature is to remain underground they are sometimes ignored and thought of as being unimportant to the vitality and health of the tree. Also,...
    The Importance Of Tree RootsWhy care should be taken below ground as well as above.Tree roots are often overlooked and misunderstood. Because their nature is to remain underground they are sometimes ignored and thought of as being unimportant...
    The Importance Of Tree RootsWhy care should be taken below ground as well as above.Tree roots are often overlooked and misunderstood. Because their nature is to remain underground they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

TREE HEALTH DIAGNOSIS - A SELF HELP GUIDE..

Unfortunately trees can be hard things to understand and simply saying, "the leaves are brown and falling off" could relate to a whole host of problems. So I thought what may help is a checklist...
    Unfortunately trees can be hard things to understand and simply saying, "the leaves are brown and falling off" could relate to a whole host of problems. So I thought what may help is a checklist of things to go through to provide readers with as much detail as possible to help in diagnosing any...
    Unfortunately trees can be hard things to understand and simply saying, "the leaves are brown and falling off" could relate to a whole host of problems. So I thought what may help is a checklist of things to go through to provide readers with as...
    Unfortunately trees can be hard things to understand and simply saying, "the leaves are brown and falling off" could relate to a whole host of problems. So I thought what may help is a checklist...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. Freddy

Another tree recommendation

Pulled up this thread for some reason. There was a discussion of a lilac tree briefly. So mine I have given it 4 years to bloom. That is it, always wanted a witchhazel, so this summer if the...
    Pulled up this thread for some reason. There was a discussion of a lilac tree briefly. So mine I have given it 4 years to bloom. That is it, always wanted a witchhazel, so this summer if the lilac does not bloom by June/July, it goes to the wood pile and a witchhazel in it's place. That is...
    Pulled up this thread for some reason. There was a discussion of a lilac tree briefly. So mine I have given it 4 years to bloom. That is it, always wanted a witchhazel, so this summer if the lilac does not bloom by June/July, it goes to the...
    Pulled up this thread for some reason. There was a discussion of a lilac tree briefly. So mine I have given it 4 years to bloom. That is it, always wanted a witchhazel, so this summer if the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Jack Sparrow

Collecting leaves from public places

Today I got 2 more bags of leaves from a client of mine. They were destined for the tip so I offered my services. There are more bags if I want them. The main problem is where to store them....
    Today I got 2 more bags of leaves from a client of mine. They were destined for the tip so I offered my services. There are more bags if I want them. The main problem is where to store them.The idea is to turn the greenhouse 90' and use the space behind for storing compost bins etc....
    Today I got 2 more bags of leaves from a client of mine. They were destined for the tip so I offered my services. There are more bags if I want them. The main problem is where to store them.The idea is to turn the greenhouse 90' and use...
    Today I got 2 more bags of leaves from a client of mine. They were destined for the tip so I offered my services. There are more bags if I want them. The main problem is where to store them....
    20171122_112516.jpg P1290599.JPG P1290597.JPG 20171124_121641.jpg gimme.gif 20171128_100227.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Mel

tree fern

Really good to know, Pete. I have been spraying them daily. The temp at my windowsill is 10degrees. The room was 14 degrees this morning. I'll spray them several times a day from now on. Thanks
    Really good to know, Pete. I have been spraying them daily. The temp at my windowsill is 10degrees. The room was 14 degrees this morning. I'll spray them several times a day from now on. Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Will Hay

Advice needed with my Leylandii hedging

They look good Will. :thumbsup: It looks as if you've almost filled the bed now.
    They look good Will. :thumbsup: It looks as if you've almost filled the bed now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Victoria

Ballerina Apple Tree

Vicky, leave any pruning until the Autumn. Give me a nudge then and I will tell you how to do it.:thumb:
    Vicky, leave any pruning until the Autumn. Give me a nudge then and I will tell you how to do it.:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Dave W

Killing a tree with glyphosate

I am getting it cut down. Checked with my neighbour that he doesn't want it. A month or so ago I gave a load of logs away on Freecycle from a laurel I'd cut down - the guy who took them rocked...
    I am getting it cut down. Checked with my neighbour that he doesn't want it. A month or so ago I gave a load of logs away on Freecycle from a laurel I'd cut down - the guy who took them rocked up with a chain saw to shorten some of the longer ones. He has a large log burner - not just some...
    I am getting it cut down. Checked with my neighbour that he doesn't want it. A month or so ago I gave a load of logs away on Freecycle from a laurel I'd cut down - the guy who took them rocked up with a chain saw to shorten some of the longer...
    I am getting it cut down. Checked with my neighbour that he doesn't want it. A month or so ago I gave a load of logs away on Freecycle from a laurel I'd cut down - the guy who took them rocked...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Scrungee

Looks like a terrible 2018 apple crop

Some folks Bramleys may not be ripe, but ours are. We picked about 80 pounds of them today and they just fell off the tree as they should when ready. Worrying thing is that some of the supposedly...
    Some folks Bramleys may not be ripe, but ours are. We picked about 80 pounds of them today and they just fell off the tree as they should when ready. Worrying thing is that some of the supposedly later ripening ones are ready too. Tried a Queen Cox just and it came away from the tree no problem,...
    Some folks Bramleys may not be ripe, but ours are. We picked about 80 pounds of them today and they just fell off the tree as they should when ready. Worrying thing is that some of the supposedly later ripening ones are ready too. Tried a Queen...
    Some folks Bramleys may not be ripe, but ours are. We picked about 80 pounds of them today and they just fell off the tree as they should when ready. Worrying thing is that some of the supposedly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. weedaway

Have You Done Any Air Layering

I've got to say that although it is more fiddly to do I think the polythene wrap is better than the black spheres. Especially with the cable ties as you have used @misterQ the spheres do dry out...
    I've got to say that although it is more fiddly to do I think the polythene wrap is better than the black spheres. Especially with the cable ties as you have used @misterQ the spheres do dry out and I'm finding slugs love to hide in them during the day.
    I've got to say that although it is more fiddly to do I think the polythene wrap is better than the black spheres. Especially with the cable ties as you have used @misterQ the spheres do dry out and I'm finding slugs love to hide in them during...
    I've got to say that although it is more fiddly to do I think the polythene wrap is better than the black spheres. Especially with the cable ties as you have used @misterQ the spheres do dry out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Bilbo675
    Like x 12

My Coconut Is 'Growing'....

its a betel nut , Bilbo , it will make a nice palm tree as well . I seriously think to go back and buy few more ....
    its a betel nut , Bilbo , it will make a nice palm tree as well . I seriously think to go back and buy few more ....
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Victoria

Trees in Turkey / Cyprus

I'm bringing this back up again because my sister, Kedi-Gato, has now told me she was confused with a shrub with the maple leaves and rose flowers (the now decided Abutilon) and the tree I am...
    I'm bringing this back up again because my sister, Kedi-Gato, has now told me she was confused with a shrub with the maple leaves and rose flowers (the now decided Abutilon) and the tree I am about to display.This is a sapling about 30cm tall and the "nuts" which it came from which were...
    I'm bringing this back up again because my sister, Kedi-Gato, has now told me she was confused with a shrub with the maple leaves and rose flowers (the now decided Abutilon) and the tree I am about to display.This is a sapling about 30cm tall...
    I'm bringing this back up again because my sister, Kedi-Gato, has now told me she was confused with a shrub with the maple leaves and rose flowers (the now decided Abutilon) and the tree I am...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. *dim*

Huge Leylandii hedge

she is chuffed, as the company were very polite and sorted it fast with no probs .... the hedge was removed last week sat in pouring rain ... garden will look good as she has a nice budget and...
    she is chuffed, as the company were very polite and sorted it fast with no probs .... the hedge was removed last week sat in pouring rain ... garden will look good as she has a nice budget and wants a jungly effect (large leaves, palms, etc) .... so I am looking forward to this job lawn...
    she is chuffed, as the company were very polite and sorted it fast with no probs .... the hedge was removed last week sat in pouring rain ... garden will look good as she has a nice budget and wants a jungly effect (large leaves, palms, etc)...
    she is chuffed, as the company were very polite and sorted it fast with no probs .... the hedge was removed last week sat in pouring rain ... garden will look good as she has a nice budget and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. r2oo

Anyone got a Eucalyptus?

I would certainly lop it when it gets to the height you want. Certainly before it gets too high to reach! If you're worried about it's sparcity, give it a healthy lopping now, and let it fill...
    I would certainly lop it when it gets to the height you want. Certainly before it gets too high to reach! If you're worried about it's sparcity, give it a healthy lopping now, and let it fill out again.I bought my eucalyptus with a voucher I received from the nursery school I painted...
    I would certainly lop it when it gets to the height you want. Certainly before it gets too high to reach! If you're worried about it's sparcity, give it a healthy lopping now, and let it fill out again.I bought my eucalyptus with a voucher I...
    I would certainly lop it when it gets to the height you want. Certainly before it gets too high to reach! If you're worried about it's sparcity, give it a healthy lopping now, and let it fill...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Potluck

Lemon tree yellow leaves :(

This is why I forced my lemon to like it outdoors, if it doesn't it's tough **** :psnp: Outdoors is the best remedy.. of course much more risky than RSM in our climate ;-)
    This is why I forced my lemon to like it outdoors, if it doesn't it's tough **** :psnp: Outdoors is the best remedy.. of course much more risky than RSM in our climate ;-)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Honey Bee

Tree Fern....

:D :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Webmaster

How many figs on your trees this year ??

mine got to 5 leaves then disaster struck :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Lea

Bonsai.

Hi. I had completely forgotten about this thread. Wow. I have quite a collection of bonsai now. :) @Mad Hatter If a tree grows naturally outdoors in your country then that is where you will need to...
    Hi. I had completely forgotten about this thread. Wow. I have quite a collection of bonsai now. :) @Mad Hatter If a tree grows naturally outdoors in your country then that is where you will need to grow it as a bonsai. There are very few trees that will grow indoors and thrive. The few that do...
    Hi. I had completely forgotten about this thread. Wow. I have quite a collection of bonsai now. :) @Mad Hatter If a tree grows naturally outdoors in your country then that is where you will need to grow it as a bonsai. There are very few trees...
    Hi. I had completely forgotten about this thread. Wow. I have quite a collection of bonsai now. :) @Mad Hatter If a tree grows naturally outdoors in your country then that is where you will need to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. weedaway

Over hanging tree

I took some new pictures of the hedge and tree this afternoon from my side of the boundary, in this first one you can see that the hedge is on the boundary, with the hole in it you can see the...
    I took some new pictures of the hedge and tree this afternoon from my side of the boundary, in this first one you can see that the hedge is on the boundary, with the hole in it you can see the ground of the service lane.This next picture you can see that the tree/branches are on the...
    I took some new pictures of the hedge and tree this afternoon from my side of the boundary, in this first one you can see that the hedge is on the boundary, with the hole in it you can see the ground of the service lane.This next picture...
    I took some new pictures of the hedge and tree this afternoon from my side of the boundary, in this first one you can see that the hedge is on the boundary, with the hole in it you can see the...
    95.JPG 96.JPG 97.JPG 98.JPG 99.JPG 98.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Phil A

Which tree?

I understand Martin-f has gone as well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Freddy
    Like x 9

Tree Lilies

Sorry, none taken! I *think* I bought them as Tree Lilies, but there again I've grown them with zero TLC and last year they were ravaged by Lillie Beetle and cut-to-shreds. This year I've grown...
    Sorry, none taken! I *think* I bought them as Tree Lilies, but there again I've grown them with zero TLC and last year they were ravaged by Lillie Beetle and cut-to-shreds. This year I've grown them a bit better (no Lily Beetle and at least they've had some water!!) ... so maybe they were...
    Sorry, none taken! I *think* I bought them as Tree Lilies, but there again I've grown them with zero TLC and last year they were ravaged by Lillie Beetle and cut-to-shreds. This year I've grown them a bit better (no Lily Beetle and at least...
    Sorry, none taken! I *think* I bought them as Tree Lilies, but there again I've grown them with zero TLC and last year they were ravaged by Lillie Beetle and cut-to-shreds. This year I've grown...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Victoria

Mystery Tree from Cyprus

On the same ID page as this one a few topics down, your unknown climber. :rolleyes:
    On the same ID page as this one a few topics down, your unknown climber. :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice