Trees

All Arboreal Discussion can be found in this area

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Bear1

Horsechestnut tree let it grow our cut it down

I planted a few conkers about 30yrs ago, I only let one have its head, the otherone I kept got the cut back every other year. The one I left is, at a guess, near 40ft, flowers and grows conkers...
    I planted a few conkers about 30yrs ago, I only let one have its head, the otherone I kept got the cut back every other year. The one I left is, at a guess, near 40ft, flowers and grows conkers for the last 10yrs at least.They do get a nasty leaf miner problem these days which makes them look...
    I planted a few conkers about 30yrs ago, I only let one have its head, the otherone I kept got the cut back every other year. The one I left is, at a guess, near 40ft, flowers and grows conkers for the last 10yrs at least.They do get a nasty...
    I planted a few conkers about 30yrs ago, I only let one have its head, the otherone I kept got the cut back every other year. The one I left is, at a guess, near 40ft, flowers and grows conkers...
    DSC04192.JPG DSC04195.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. enc

The Cordyline saga

The potted red one to the right (first picture) which was over 5 years old didn’t make it either. neither did the repotted new shoots from the original cut which it’s self befell the ravages of...
    The potted red one to the right (first picture) which was over 5 years old didn’t make it either. neither did the repotted new shoots from the original cut which it’s self befell the ravages of winter 2022/23 pics here …The good news is new shoots have appeared from the ground a short distance...
    The potted red one to the right (first picture) which was over 5 years old didn’t make it either. neither did the repotted new shoots from the original cut which it’s self befell the ravages of winter 2022/23 pics here …The good news is new...
    The potted red one to the right (first picture) which was over 5 years old didn’t make it either. neither did the repotted new shoots from the original cut which it’s self befell the ravages of...
    FB30E631-E8A5-4F70-847E-1363F5E44E37.jpeg A2D4DC1C-A55D-4AE7-99EB-38796B6589A4.jpeg 0E3E3E57-F7B4-4B38-9145-C8A41487183E.jpeg 2B4D7720-DF8D-4504-8C37-4A7535A5504F.jpeg 8906F0AB-B5D8-4B76-861D-F33CEA3F0DAF.jpeg 3E0BD440-AC63-4C25-9150-34803E924C27.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Anitra66

Neighbour's well-meaning vandalism!

No, I don't think so.The garden has been a wilderness for quite some time - I did have an odd-jobbing gardener who turned up about once a year for a major clearance, but doesn't seem able to...
    No, I don't think so.The garden has been a wilderness for quite some time - I did have an odd-jobbing gardener who turned up about once a year for a major clearance, but doesn't seem able to commit to regular upkeep.To be fair to my neighbour, he has never, ever complained about it, or done...
    No, I don't think so.The garden has been a wilderness for quite some time - I did have an odd-jobbing gardener who turned up about once a year for a major clearance, but doesn't seem able to commit to regular upkeep.To be fair to my...
    No, I don't think so.The garden has been a wilderness for quite some time - I did have an odd-jobbing gardener who turned up about once a year for a major clearance, but doesn't seem able to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. JBS

Chery tree bleeding sap

Thank you very much for your reply.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. hi2u_uk

Bay tree in a container

No fragrance here either.
    20230625_104449.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. RichD

Dig out Leyladii roots?

Yes, definitely dead. There are two rows of trees. The ones on the house side are fine. The ones on the road side have green left at all.
    Yes, definitely dead. There are two rows of trees. The ones on the house side are fine. The ones on the road side have green left at all.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. alan kearn

How to kill a tree roots

What sort of tree? Something like ash is likely to sprout (but not if you've treated it with glyphosate! You'll only need to do that once, and a few ml of 360g/l glyphosate should suffice). You...
    What sort of tree? Something like ash is likely to sprout (but not if you've treated it with glyphosate! You'll only need to do that once, and a few ml of 360g/l glyphosate should suffice). You can buy granular potassium nitrate to pour into your holes; you'll need to keep the stump covered so...
    What sort of tree? Something like ash is likely to sprout (but not if you've treated it with glyphosate! You'll only need to do that once, and a few ml of 360g/l glyphosate should suffice). You can buy granular potassium nitrate to pour into your...
    What sort of tree? Something like ash is likely to sprout (but not if you've treated it with glyphosate! You'll only need to do that once, and a few ml of 360g/l glyphosate should suffice). You...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Jocko

ornamental pear not doing well.

We hope so. It was not cheap.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Uncle Jack

Poorly Crabapple?

No - I thought I would ask to see if any other experience had seen this.I do wonder if it is actually apple scab and hopefully it should be OK next year. From what I have read it could have...
    No - I thought I would ask to see if any other experience had seen this.I do wonder if it is actually apple scab and hopefully it should be OK next year. From what I have read it could have been the damp cool spring that allows the fungus to get into the new leaves. I shall be out this...
    No - I thought I would ask to see if any other experience had seen this.I do wonder if it is actually apple scab and hopefully it should be OK next year. From what I have read it could have been the damp cool spring that allows the fungus to...
    No - I thought I would ask to see if any other experience had seen this.I do wonder if it is actually apple scab and hopefully it should be OK next year. From what I have read it could have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. kenf

Apricot tree issues

Here's a close up of the tree from the far side. And this is a close up of those shoots.And another part of the folliage. Sorry I'm no David Bailey and that foliage is pretty hard to reach :(
    Here's a close up of the tree from the far side. And this is a close up of those shoots.And another part of the folliage. Sorry I'm no David Bailey and that foliage is pretty hard to reach :(
    GEDC2204.JPG GEDC2205.JPG GEDC2206.JPG GEDC2207.JPG GEDC2209.JPG GEDC2208.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Danny Hughes

Apricot Tree Problem

@Danny Hughes would you mind please telling me where you got your pawpaws from? I have a couple of small seedlings thanks to @pete , but I could do with some named ones that are a bit more mature!
    @Danny Hughes would you mind please telling me where you got your pawpaws from? I have a couple of small seedlings thanks to @pete , but I could do with some named ones that are a bit more mature!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Johnbuck

Poorly Cherry Laurel

I am hoping that someone will be able to advise on a couple of cherry laurel that have taken a turn for the worst over the past year. The trees were planted in March 2020 and they were 4ft...
    I am hoping that someone will be able to advise on a couple of cherry laurel that have taken a turn for the worst over the past year. The trees were planted in March 2020 and they were 4ft rootball trees, there were 50 trees planted in the same way at the same time using bonemeal and watered in...
    I am hoping that someone will be able to advise on a couple of cherry laurel that have taken a turn for the worst over the past year. The trees were planted in March 2020 and they were 4ft rootball trees, there were 50 trees planted in the same...
    I am hoping that someone will be able to advise on a couple of cherry laurel that have taken a turn for the worst over the past year. The trees were planted in March 2020 and they were 4ft...
    IMG_2328.jpg IMG_2329.jpg IMG_2330.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ChrisM6

Plum tree done rogue!?

A clothes line would help make a tensioner.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Andrew Robb

Tree help please

I think I will have to get rid of it and start a new one. Thank you for all the replies
    I think I will have to get rid of it and start a new one. Thank you for all the replies
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Rob Stevens

Elder tree wilt/rust

Thank you! This is a relief! Really appreciate your guidance!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Sleekit

Eucalyptus Tree Help Please !

If it's the lower branches i wouldn't worry, just cut them off flush with the stem. It looks pretty healthy otherwise.
    If it's the lower branches i wouldn't worry, just cut them off flush with the stem. It looks pretty healthy otherwise.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Kitte

A future for my snake bark tree ?

it’s definitely dead! Haven’t the heart to pull it up, so now it has a couple of pattern lights hanging off it, looks pretty at night! It’s also had bits of bird food on it this winter, so I don’t...
    it’s definitely dead! Haven’t the heart to pull it up, so now it has a couple of pattern lights hanging off it, looks pretty at night! It’s also had bits of bird food on it this winter, so I don’t mind so much now !
    it’s definitely dead! Haven’t the heart to pull it up, so now it has a couple of pattern lights hanging off it, looks pretty at night! It’s also had bits of bird food on it this winter, so I don’t mind so much now !
    it’s definitely dead! Haven’t the heart to pull it up, so now it has a couple of pattern lights hanging off it, looks pretty at night! It’s also had bits of bird food on it this winter, so I don’t...
    DDCC63F2-9BF5-4A7C-B3A8-C27F3C6E42C7.jpeg IMG_2586.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Wildcat

Somthing eating the leaves.

Over the past weekend, i have seen small holes appearing in the leaves of my Apple tree and Pear tree, i cannot see any evidence of small insects. Is there anything i should be doing or looking...
    Over the past weekend, i have seen small holes appearing in the leaves of my Apple tree and Pear tree, i cannot see any evidence of small insects. Is there anything i should be doing or looking out for ? Thanks.
    Over the past weekend, i have seen small holes appearing in the leaves of my Apple tree and Pear tree, i cannot see any evidence of small insects. Is there anything i should be doing or looking out for ? Thanks.
    Over the past weekend, i have seen small holes appearing in the leaves of my Apple tree and Pear tree, i cannot see any evidence of small insects. Is there anything i should be doing or looking...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jocko

A wonky apple tree.

Looks perfectly normal to me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Lpeek

help identify a tree I thought was dead

I think you might be right @HarmonyArb! Quick google image search and the trunk does look quite similar visually too. So I think I'll let it do it's thing this season, maybe next too. and if it...
    I think you might be right @HarmonyArb! Quick google image search and the trunk does look quite similar visually too. So I think I'll let it do it's thing this season, maybe next too. and if it doesn't do anything visually appealing, might be time to cut it down.Thanks!
    I think you might be right @HarmonyArb! Quick google image search and the trunk does look quite similar visually too. So I think I'll let it do it's thing this season, maybe next too. and if it doesn't do anything visually appealing, might be...
    I think you might be right @HarmonyArb! Quick google image search and the trunk does look quite similar visually too. So I think I'll let it do it's thing this season, maybe next too. and if it...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice