1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Trees

All Arboreal Discussion can be found in this area

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. nickp

What's been eating my poor olive tree?

I would agree with Leaf Cutter Bee.:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Barbara.K

Help Please...!!! Very poorly rowan tree

Thank you all for the input, I am much heartened and suspect that I have been overwatering in the dry spells (plus we've had torrential downpours like everyone else). I shall tuck it in snuggly...
    Thank you all for the input, I am much heartened and suspect that I have been overwatering in the dry spells (plus we've had torrential downpours like everyone else). I shall tuck it in snuggly for the winter and hope for better in the Spring. Should I remove all the damage, or leave well...
    Thank you all for the input, I am much heartened and suspect that I have been overwatering in the dry spells (plus we've had torrential downpours like everyone else). I shall tuck it in snuggly for the winter and hope for better in the Spring....
    Thank you all for the input, I am much heartened and suspect that I have been overwatering in the dry spells (plus we've had torrential downpours like everyone else). I shall tuck it in snuggly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Greg Baylis-Hall

Silver Maple Query

That's interesting. Thanks for your replies.The soil the tree is very much clay ridden. My house and my neighbours home were pilled several metres down when the homes were built, so I hope...
    That's interesting. Thanks for your replies.The soil the tree is very much clay ridden. My house and my neighbours home were pilled several metres down when the homes were built, so I hope the tree couldn't possibly damage them.CheersGreg
    That's interesting. Thanks for your replies.The soil the tree is very much clay ridden. My house and my neighbours home were pilled several metres down when the homes were built, so I hope the tree couldn't possibly damage them.Cheers...
    That's interesting. Thanks for your replies.The soil the tree is very much clay ridden. My house and my neighbours home were pilled several metres down when the homes were built, so I hope...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Barbara.K

Very poorly rowan tree

Thanks for the hint - I will do! There's some magic going on here - it's already there! Marley - is this your doing??
    Thanks for the hint - I will do! There's some magic going on here - it's already there! Marley - is this your doing??
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. lollipop

Safe attachment of tree swings

£7, and it can lift a tonne-that`s just about enough for me and my cat-thanks a lot Paul, You two are the best.
    £7, and it can lift a tonne-that`s just about enough for me and my cat-thanks a lot Paul, You two are the best.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Barbara.K

Very poorly rowan tree

No luck so far Marley - I do hope someone can help, I've never planted a tree before and I'd be really sad to lose it. Please help someone!:help:
    No luck so far Marley - I do hope someone can help, I've never planted a tree before and I'd be really sad to lose it. Please help someone!:help:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. suicidal plant grower

Movig a conifer

Hi SPG welcome to the forum don't worry about asking questions we might have heard before it's always swings and roundabouts on here and that's what makes it fun.:wink: If your conifer fails to...
    Hi SPG welcome to the forum don't worry about asking questions we might have heard before it's always swings and roundabouts on here and that's what makes it fun.:wink: If your conifer fails to enjoy the 'move' it will give you a good excuse to buy something else in it's place I know it will...
    Hi SPG welcome to the forum don't worry about asking questions we might have heard before it's always swings and roundabouts on here and that's what makes it fun.:wink: If your conifer fails to enjoy the 'move' it will give you a good excuse to...
    Hi SPG welcome to the forum don't worry about asking questions we might have heard before it's always swings and roundabouts on here and that's what makes it fun.:wink: If your conifer fails to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ismeval

Apple tree advice

Can't take it back - 250 miles away from me !! I don't live in my home county of Norfolk now .. been all round the estate and that is the only fruit tree ! Not too far from me so here's hoping,...
    Can't take it back - 250 miles away from me !! I don't live in my home county of Norfolk now .. been all round the estate and that is the only fruit tree ! Not too far from me so here's hoping, and I do have lots of plants in my garden which attract the bees .... I would go buy another, but...
    Can't take it back - 250 miles away from me !! I don't live in my home county of Norfolk now .. been all round the estate and that is the only fruit tree ! Not too far from me so here's hoping, and I do have lots of plants in my garden which...
    Can't take it back - 250 miles away from me !! I don't live in my home county of Norfolk now .. been all round the estate and that is the only fruit tree ! Not too far from me so here's hoping,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. mossym

Dead leaves on Beech

thans. no, it's not frost, it's a bit of sand left over from a bag of sand that was near that tree. does look like frost though:)hasn't gotten that cold here yet(i'm in ireland). pity, if it had,...
    thans. no, it's not frost, it's a bit of sand left over from a bag of sand that was near that tree. does look like frost though:)hasn't gotten that cold here yet(i'm in ireland). pity, if it had, the snow would make a nice change from the persistent rain
    thans. no, it's not frost, it's a bit of sand left over from a bag of sand that was near that tree. does look like frost though:)hasn't gotten that cold here yet(i'm in ireland). pity, if it had, the snow would make a nice change from the...
    thans. no, it's not frost, it's a bit of sand left over from a bag of sand that was near that tree. does look like frost though:)hasn't gotten that cold here yet(i'm in ireland). pity, if it had,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Freddy

Box

Hi folks. The Box are planted 6" apart, we'll see how it goes. Cheers...freddy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Shivy

Acer palmatum Atropurpureum - Scorched leaves

Hi All I bought 2 Acer at the start of what passed for the summer ,and i was not aware they dont like wind, sad to report both have now gone to the big forest in the sky, :oops:
    Hi All I bought 2 Acer at the start of what passed for the summer ,and i was not aware they dont like wind, sad to report both have now gone to the big forest in the sky, :oops:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Christine Evans

Apple Tree

Hi At 70, your apple is entering the twilight of its fruiting life (it would have been grubbed out of a commercial orchard 15-20 years ago). If you don't know what it is, and you want more of...
    Hi At 70, your apple is entering the twilight of its fruiting life (it would have been grubbed out of a commercial orchard 15-20 years ago). If you don't know what it is, and you want more of the same, you can get a new one grafted from your old tree at Bernwode Plants. If you are sentiental,...
    Hi At 70, your apple is entering the twilight of its fruiting life (it would have been grubbed out of a commercial orchard 15-20 years ago). If you don't know what it is, and you want more of the same, you can get a new one grafted from your...
    Hi At 70, your apple is entering the twilight of its fruiting life (it would have been grubbed out of a commercial orchard 15-20 years ago). If you don't know what it is, and you want more of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. nickp

Strange white spots on my Maple Tree

Wooly aphids.
    Wooly aphids.
    Wooly aphids.
    Wooly aphids.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. nickp

Small Maple tree - doesn't seem right

Hi,This was a photo of my maple tree last year:This year it's green and not looking too well:Does anybody know what variety it is and why it may not be doing as well this...
    Hi,This was a photo of my maple tree last year:This year it's green and not looking too well:Does anybody know what variety it is and why it may not be doing as well this year?Thanks, Nick
    Hi,This was a photo of my maple tree last year:This year it's green and not looking too well:Does anybody know what variety it is and why it may not be doing as well this year?Thanks, Nick
    Hi,This was a photo of my maple tree last year:This year it's green and not looking too well:Does anybody know what variety it is and why it may not be doing as well this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. mossym

Salix Question

just worried cause something i read on this seemed to imply that the final height reached would be reduced by cutting them back
    just worried cause something i read on this seemed to imply that the final height reached would be reduced by cutting them back
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. saltlick

What type of Apple Tree is this?

Good point, Pete.:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Stroudy1975

Another apple tree problem

No, as it`s still growing give it a feed. If you are using F,B and B.. give a feed of about 4 ozs to the square yard.:thumb:
    No, as it`s still growing give it a feed. If you are using F,B and B.. give a feed of about 4 ozs to the square yard.:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. raregardener

Pear Tree Problem

Thanks a lot for the help. I will get down to my local garden centre to pick up some fungicide soon.
    Thanks a lot for the help. I will get down to my local garden centre to pick up some fungicide soon.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. greenfingerichyboy

Chinese Pear Tree

:cnfs::cnfs::cnfs:Hello from a new gardener. I've taken the role over from my mum who cant do it anymore due to ill health but I need some advice. She has 3 chinese pear trees that need a little...
    :cnfs::cnfs::cnfs:Hello from a new gardener. I've taken the role over from my mum who cant do it anymore due to ill health but I need some advice. She has 3 chinese pear trees that need a little attention. Soil type = clay / free draining.The leaves on the smallest tree (approx 6' tall) are...
    :cnfs::cnfs::cnfs:Hello from a new gardener. I've taken the role over from my mum who cant do it anymore due to ill health but I need some advice. She has 3 chinese pear trees that need a little attention. Soil type = clay / free draining....
    :cnfs::cnfs::cnfs:Hello from a new gardener. I've taken the role over from my mum who cant do it anymore due to ill health but I need some advice. She has 3 chinese pear trees that need a little...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. sather

problem with james greive apple tree

On the subject of position, I agree with Walnut that it's not got the best chance to thrive where it is. It's not just in a tight corner, it's very close to the house and will suffer dryness...
    On the subject of position, I agree with Walnut that it's not got the best chance to thrive where it is. It's not just in a tight corner, it's very close to the house and will suffer dryness around the roots when it gets bigger.Also, I'm sure I read somewhere that apple trees, when newly...
    On the subject of position, I agree with Walnut that it's not got the best chance to thrive where it is. It's not just in a tight corner, it's very close to the house and will suffer dryness around the roots when it gets bigger.Also, I'm...
    On the subject of position, I agree with Walnut that it's not got the best chance to thrive where it is. It's not just in a tight corner, it's very close to the house and will suffer dryness...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice