1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Trees

All Arboreal Discussion can be found in this area

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. jimjam

Tree Reccomendation

David has this one spot on Swamp cypress is your tree :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. whis4ey

Acer palmatum 'Oridono nishiki'

It`s a beauty, and as bananaman says it looks very delicate.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. JingleJane

How can I get rid of a fir tree?

Thanks for all your replies.Flinty - I'm sorry you're puzzled! All I can type is what I've seen. The trunk shape isn't conventional. It seems like the branches coming from it are almost...
    Thanks for all your replies.Flinty - I'm sorry you're puzzled! All I can type is what I've seen. The trunk shape isn't conventional. It seems like the branches coming from it are almost merged with the trunk from the base, making a very odd looking trunk shape. I suppose when it is cut, the...
    Thanks for all your replies.Flinty - I'm sorry you're puzzled! All I can type is what I've seen. The trunk shape isn't conventional. It seems like the branches coming from it are almost merged with the trunk from the base, making a very odd...
    Thanks for all your replies.Flinty - I'm sorry you're puzzled! All I can type is what I've seen. The trunk shape isn't conventional. It seems like the branches coming from it are almost...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. stag

Sick Satsuma Tree?

Hi everyone,First post so a big cheer from me to you guysI have what I think is a Satsuma tree (fruited about 3 yrs ago but nothing since), and brownish blobs have appeared on the leafs....
    Hi everyone,First post so a big cheer from me to you guysI have what I think is a Satsuma tree (fruited about 3 yrs ago but nothing since), and brownish blobs have appeared on the leafs. Admittedly, I noticed them last yr but they were few and far between. This time however, there are...
    Hi everyone,First post so a big cheer from me to you guysI have what I think is a Satsuma tree (fruited about 3 yrs ago but nothing since), and brownish blobs have appeared on the leafs. Admittedly, I noticed them last yr but they were...
    Hi everyone,First post so a big cheer from me to you guysI have what I think is a Satsuma tree (fruited about 3 yrs ago but nothing since), and brownish blobs have appeared on the leafs....
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. H20

Oak Tree Problem.

Intresting dave, Could well be Ill look into it a bit further.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Little Miss Road Rage

Do I need to prune my apple tree?

Wow thanks for that its really good.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jonnygardener

Next years Plum and Cherry trees

Earlier this year I bought a new cherry tree and a new plum tree from a local well established garden centre. Both are self fertilising to help, and both originally stood about 4foot high (now...
    Earlier this year I bought a new cherry tree and a new plum tree from a local well established garden centre. Both are self fertilising to help, and both originally stood about 4foot high (now about 4ft 6in) They were both planted about March/April and have taken well, the plum tree initially...
    Earlier this year I bought a new cherry tree and a new plum tree from a local well established garden centre. Both are self fertilising to help, and both originally stood about 4foot high (now about 4ft 6in) They were both planted about...
    Earlier this year I bought a new cherry tree and a new plum tree from a local well established garden centre. Both are self fertilising to help, and both originally stood about 4foot high (now...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Brilliard

Taxus Bacata Common Yew

I doubt Spring Scorch. Yew got through the last Ice Age and you can see yew hedges in good condition all over the country, rain and shine. However, yew does go brown sometimes:1. Like any...
    I doubt Spring Scorch. Yew got through the last Ice Age and you can see yew hedges in good condition all over the country, rain and shine. However, yew does go brown sometimes:1. Like any plant it drops its leaves when they are worn out. Some yews do this branch by branch... 2. Yew gets...
    I doubt Spring Scorch. Yew got through the last Ice Age and you can see yew hedges in good condition all over the country, rain and shine. However, yew does go brown sometimes:1. Like any plant it drops its leaves when they are worn out....
    I doubt Spring Scorch. Yew got through the last Ice Age and you can see yew hedges in good condition all over the country, rain and shine. However, yew does go brown sometimes:1. Like any...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. gardenlearner

Trees - root problem

Hi, As above the lilac tree is a shrub and it wont cause any problem whatsoever-just chop the branch at the base of the fence and seal it-is it the neighbours tree?
    Hi, As above the lilac tree is a shrub and it wont cause any problem whatsoever-just chop the branch at the base of the fence and seal it-is it the neighbours tree?
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. The Nut

Corkscrew Hazel

It should be starting them I think-little green things. At least I hope that is what is growing on mine/
    It should be starting them I think-little green things. At least I hope that is what is growing on mine/
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. awhitecat

Moving Box Plants to a bigger pot

Hi Awhitecat I had a box in a pot on my patio all last winter,they dont grow much in the winter :thumb: I planted it in about march ,i just put it in the soil where i thought i wanted it to be...
    Hi Awhitecat I had a box in a pot on my patio all last winter,they dont grow much in the winter :thumb: I planted it in about march ,i just put it in the soil where i thought i wanted it to be , i have now re thought that area of my garden,and i will leave it in situ for now,but in early spring...
    Hi Awhitecat I had a box in a pot on my patio all last winter,they dont grow much in the winter :thumb: I planted it in about march ,i just put it in the soil where i thought i wanted it to be , i have now re thought that area of my garden,and i...
    Hi Awhitecat I had a box in a pot on my patio all last winter,they dont grow much in the winter :thumb: I planted it in about march ,i just put it in the soil where i thought i wanted it to be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. takemore02withit

Baby Acer.

Provado ultimate is a good one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jonnygardener

Next years Plum and Cherry trees

Earlier this year I bought a new cherry tree and a new plum tree from a local well established garden centre. Both are self fertilising to help, and both originally stood about 4foot high (now about 4ft 6in) They were both planted about March/April and have taken well, the plum tree initially...
    Earlier this year I bought a new cherry tree and a new plum tree from a local well established garden centre. Both are self fertilising to help, and both originally stood about 4foot high (now about 4ft 6in) They were both planted about...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. charlton

bonsai tree newbie

:thumb: Charlton it could be an Oriental Tea Tree... Going by the leaves etc.. If it is, it is an indoor one..! Have a look here..
    :thumb: Charlton it could be an Oriental Tea Tree... Going by the leaves etc.. If it is, it is an indoor one..! Have a look here..
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. AndyK

Bonsai Tree

Hi Andy. Sounds like you let it get a little on the dry side. :rolleyes:If you have new budlets, I would remove the old leaves now to let the new ones develop and they should be smaller. I have...
    Hi Andy. Sounds like you let it get a little on the dry side. :rolleyes:If you have new budlets, I would remove the old leaves now to let the new ones develop and they should be smaller. I have always 'stripped' mine in the winter/spring just before they start budding. Mine are so tiny leafed...
    Hi Andy. Sounds like you let it get a little on the dry side. :rolleyes:If you have new budlets, I would remove the old leaves now to let the new ones develop and they should be smaller. I have always 'stripped' mine in the winter/spring just...
    Hi Andy. Sounds like you let it get a little on the dry side. :rolleyes:If you have new budlets, I would remove the old leaves now to let the new ones develop and they should be smaller. I have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kipwad

Poorly Victoria plum tree

hedgeman: thanks for your interest. No marks at bottom of tree, but leaves are dark brown, curled up and very brittle. Didn't notice any spots before, but have to say it looks fairly terminal.
    hedgeman: thanks for your interest. No marks at bottom of tree, but leaves are dark brown, curled up and very brittle. Didn't notice any spots before, but have to say it looks fairly terminal.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. garden_fiend

Rowan

Thanks for the replies. They're very much appreciated. GF.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Smiffy

Apple Tree Disease Help !

I lightly spray the whole tree, that way you kill off overwintering pests aswell.Jan is a good time to move it.
    I lightly spray the whole tree, that way you kill off overwintering pests aswell.Jan is a good time to move it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. PeterS

Where does a tree come from?

Kind of off topic but when I was very young I had a coversation with the tree in my back garden, turns out it was just my dad leaning out the window throwing his voice though! :D
    Kind of off topic but when I was very young I had a coversation with the tree in my back garden, turns out it was just my dad leaning out the window throwing his voice though! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. UJH

Plum Tree

The plums are ready now and they are heavenly. Not a vast quantity but absolutely delicious:thumb:
    The plums are ready now and they are heavenly. Not a vast quantity but absolutely delicious:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice