1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Trees

All Arboreal Discussion can be found in this area

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Johnny

Apple tree siting

Excellent, phew!
    Excellent, phew!
    Excellent, phew!
    Excellent, phew!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. RYDALL

Lebanon Cedar

Thanks guys. Will give it a try.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. mojo

olea europaea (olive)

Our has been outside in a pot for 3 years now. During the storms a couple of weeks ago, it blew over and my lovely pot smashed!! I just about managed to stand it back up, but it fell back down. ...
    Our has been outside in a pot for 3 years now. During the storms a couple of weeks ago, it blew over and my lovely pot smashed!! I just about managed to stand it back up, but it fell back down. I couldn't move it, so had to wait for 'im indoords to move it, but we had a frost and the roots...
    Our has been outside in a pot for 3 years now. During the storms a couple of weeks ago, it blew over and my lovely pot smashed!! I just about managed to stand it back up, but it fell back down. I couldn't move it, so had to wait for 'im...
    Our has been outside in a pot for 3 years now. During the storms a couple of weeks ago, it blew over and my lovely pot smashed!! I just about managed to stand it back up, but it fell back down. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. craynerd

Small focal centre point - maple tree?

welcome, conifer need not be boring there are so many to choose from and evergreen (if not golden, variegated, blue) also a good back drop for the hamemalis. What about:-Cryptomeria japonica...
    welcome, conifer need not be boring there are so many to choose from and evergreen (if not golden, variegated, blue) also a good back drop for the hamemalis. What about:-Cryptomeria japonica 'Vilmoriana' or Bassia scoparia f. trichophylla or Platycladus orientalis 'Rosedalis' to name but a...
    welcome, conifer need not be boring there are so many to choose from and evergreen (if not golden, variegated, blue) also a good back drop for the hamemalis. What about:-Cryptomeria japonica 'Vilmoriana' or Bassia scoparia f. trichophylla or...
    welcome, conifer need not be boring there are so many to choose from and evergreen (if not golden, variegated, blue) also a good back drop for the hamemalis. What about:-Cryptomeria japonica...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Victoria

Almond Tree

No problem, Vicky, thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Bunslip

Bamboo close to a tree will it be ok?

Will it thrive ?.....it will grow well if regularly watered, fed and planted in a well prepared compost/peat soil.From experience of other peoples gardens they grow at a much reduced rate and...
    Will it thrive ?.....it will grow well if regularly watered, fed and planted in a well prepared compost/peat soil.From experience of other peoples gardens they grow at a much reduced rate and can look quite thirsty. The other thing I have noticed is the canes are pretty thin, this may be a...
    Will it thrive ?.....it will grow well if regularly watered, fed and planted in a well prepared compost/peat soil.From experience of other peoples gardens they grow at a much reduced rate and can look quite thirsty. The other thing I have...
    Will it thrive ?.....it will grow well if regularly watered, fed and planted in a well prepared compost/peat soil.From experience of other peoples gardens they grow at a much reduced rate and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. compost maker

Copicing eucaliptus

Mine died, it was about 8ins in diameter and ten or so years old, I had only cut out the top up until I decided to cut it right down. It then died, I think it was a snow gum, ( pauciflora), not...
    Mine died, it was about 8ins in diameter and ten or so years old, I had only cut out the top up until I decided to cut it right down. It then died, I think it was a snow gum, ( pauciflora), not sure if all eucalypts have a lignotuber from which they can reshoot if cut right down. Gunnii is...
    Mine died, it was about 8ins in diameter and ten or so years old, I had only cut out the top up until I decided to cut it right down. It then died, I think it was a snow gum, ( pauciflora), not sure if all eucalypts have a lignotuber from which...
    Mine died, it was about 8ins in diameter and ten or so years old, I had only cut out the top up until I decided to cut it right down. It then died, I think it was a snow gum, ( pauciflora), not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. bumblebee

Training a plum tree

Dai's the pro gardener Bumblebee and I'm sure he'll provide expert advice particularly if you can provide a photo. Meanwhile there are two links below with explanations of how to make an espalier....
    Dai's the pro gardener Bumblebee and I'm sure he'll provide expert advice particularly if you can provide a photo. Meanwhile there are two links below with explanations of how to make an espalier. One of the links says espalier is not suitable for stone fruit, but I would not agree with...
    Dai's the pro gardener Bumblebee and I'm sure he'll provide expert advice particularly if you can provide a photo. Meanwhile there are two links below with explanations of how to make an espalier. One of the links says espalier is not suitable...
    Dai's the pro gardener Bumblebee and I'm sure he'll provide expert advice particularly if you can provide a photo. Meanwhile there are two links below with explanations of how to make an espalier....
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. galaxysue

conifer

thanks you have been very helpful, will put it round my camelia
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. anakat

Cedar

It looks great! I bet it's feeling all breezy now
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Man Of Leisure MOL

Willow trees

MOL, it depends on the variety of willow. Also, by cutting the top growth you are not controlling the root growth. The roots are going to continue growing no matter how short you keep the tree.
    MOL, it depends on the variety of willow. Also, by cutting the top growth you are not controlling the root growth. The roots are going to continue growing no matter how short you keep the tree.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. pete

My "conker" tree.

Send it to David Pal, he's looking for a red one. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Man Of Leisure MOL

Wedding cake tree

I would say so, and seed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Kedi-Gato

Christmas tree recycled

i cheated this year Kedi i stood it under a lavatera bush and stuck some lights on it,and promised the little thing if it grew up quickly ,then next it may get some baubles on :D :D
    i cheated this year Kedi i stood it under a lavatera bush and stuck some lights on it,and promised the little thing if it grew up quickly ,then next it may get some baubles on :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. susannah

My citrus trees are looking dodgy!!

Sorry forgot the name of the Lemon.Yes I do have Scale insects only 2 days ago I washed all the leaves with soapy water, made sure that all the insects where taken of, the dead and alive...
    Sorry forgot the name of the Lemon.Yes I do have Scale insects only 2 days ago I washed all the leaves with soapy water, made sure that all the insects where taken of, the dead and alive ones.Feeding not a lot during the Summer? I use a automatic watering system (have toooo many holidays),...
    Sorry forgot the name of the Lemon.Yes I do have Scale insects only 2 days ago I washed all the leaves with soapy water, made sure that all the insects where taken of, the dead and alive ones.Feeding not a lot during the Summer? I use a...
    Sorry forgot the name of the Lemon.Yes I do have Scale insects only 2 days ago I washed all the leaves with soapy water, made sure that all the insects where taken of, the dead and alive...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Veggie Patch

Dwarf Peach & Necterine trees

Thanks for the info Bluedun.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. David G

Cherry Tree Fungi

Yep, anything is worth a go, I suppose.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. David G

Moving Apple trees

Well I moved both tress today 29-12-2007 lets hope they both live and I finally get some long awaited Apples.The ground was still very soft as it is warm at the moment.Thanks for the advice...
    Well I moved both tress today 29-12-2007 lets hope they both live and I finally get some long awaited Apples.The ground was still very soft as it is warm at the moment.Thanks for the advice all of youDave
    Well I moved both tress today 29-12-2007 lets hope they both live and I finally get some long awaited Apples.The ground was still very soft as it is warm at the moment.Thanks for the advice all of youDave
    Well I moved both tress today 29-12-2007 lets hope they both live and I finally get some long awaited Apples.The ground was still very soft as it is warm at the moment.Thanks for the advice...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Keving

Tree Fern

strongylodon, sorry for miss explanation, doh, ok,thats not where it is going, its just sitting there for now until i find out if i should plant it now or not
    strongylodon, sorry for miss explanation, doh, ok,thats not where it is going, its just sitting there for now until i find out if i should plant it now or not
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. frangipangi

Bay Tree

glad to see the bay tree topic is still going lol and all i wanted was to know wen to pot haha. Glad i joined this forum its wonderful.
    glad to see the bay tree topic is still going lol and all i wanted was to know wen to pot haha. Glad i joined this forum its wonderful.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice