1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Water Gardening

Discussion For All Water Related Features & Projects

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. kindredspirit
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. SparklyPurple

Bog garden and pond advice please

Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the...
    Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the fish ate them. I did get them in the water butt though.
    Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the fish ate them. I did get them in the water butt though.
    Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Sian in Belgium
    Like x 4

Siting a pond advice

a few more photos...Starting to get an idea of the shape of the pond, and where shelves will go - v useful now for getting in and out of the hole!TIme for my wonderful helper to go home, and...
    a few more photos...Starting to get an idea of the shape of the pond, and where shelves will go - v useful now for getting in and out of the hole!TIme for my wonderful helper to go home, and me to pause for lunch, and think a littleYou can see the tips of the yellow pegs, showing the water...
    a few more photos...Starting to get an idea of the shape of the pond, and where shelves will go - v useful now for getting in and out of the hole!TIme for my wonderful helper to go home, and me to pause for lunch, and think a littleYou can...
    a few more photos...Starting to get an idea of the shape of the pond, and where shelves will go - v useful now for getting in and out of the hole!TIme for my wonderful helper to go home, and...
    IMG_2037.JPG IMG_4715.JPG IMG_4719.JPG IMG_4717.JPG IMG_4725.JPG IMG_4721.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Outlander

Hardening off marginal pond plants?

Just an update to say the plants are now hardened off and doing well outside. Will post a pic when they flower.Thanks for the advice folks.
    Just an update to say the plants are now hardened off and doing well outside. Will post a pic when they flower.Thanks for the advice folks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. luciusmaximus

Flag Iris

Hi @luciusmaximus this link may help you mate...if not i hope they flourish my :fingers crossed: are crossed mate :)Planting Flag Iris – Learn About Growing Flag Iris Plants In The Garden
    Hi @luciusmaximus this link may help you mate...if not i hope they flourish my :fingers crossed: are crossed mate :)Planting Flag Iris – Learn About Growing Flag Iris Plants In The Garden
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. intel

Want To Fill In A Pond

I had a raised pond on the patio a few years ago. It had an underlay and a liner. When I decided to make it into a flower bed I removed the water and relocated the insect life and snails. I left...
    I had a raised pond on the patio a few years ago. It had an underlay and a liner. When I decided to make it into a flower bed I removed the water and relocated the insect life and snails. I left underlay and liner in place just cut large slashes through it and left the oxygenator weeds,pebbles,...
    I had a raised pond on the patio a few years ago. It had an underlay and a liner. When I decided to make it into a flower bed I removed the water and relocated the insect life and snails. I left underlay and liner in place just cut large slashes...
    I had a raised pond on the patio a few years ago. It had an underlay and a liner. When I decided to make it into a flower bed I removed the water and relocated the insect life and snails. I left...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Redwing
    Like x 16

We're Making a Wildlife Pond

Thank you for that, I will be looking for water plants in the foreseeable future, and the selection looks good.
    Thank you for that, I will be looking for water plants in the foreseeable future, and the selection looks good.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Irmemac

Barrel Pond Advice

It looks lovely mate so far and i :wub2:seeing lilies in them...it's looking for a good selection of logs now like you stated ....update please when you get them :thumbsup:
    It looks lovely mate so far and i :wub2:seeing lilies in them...it's looking for a good selection of logs now like you stated ....update please when you get them :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. martin-f
    Like x 5

Garden pond number 2

The problem is, ricky, that the young frogs are programmed to leave the pond and make for new areas as their original pond will not be able to support them. So they will hide in what ever cover...
    The problem is, ricky, that the young frogs are programmed to leave the pond and make for new areas as their original pond will not be able to support them. So they will hide in what ever cover they can find as they travel and eat whatever they can on the way. It's best to let them and Nature...
    The problem is, ricky, that the young frogs are programmed to leave the pond and make for new areas as their original pond will not be able to support them. So they will hide in what ever cover they can find as they travel and eat whatever they...
    The problem is, ricky, that the young frogs are programmed to leave the pond and make for new areas as their original pond will not be able to support them. So they will hide in what ever cover...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Redwing

Best Wildlife Pond Plants

Thanks, @martin-f .
    Thanks, @martin-f .
    Thanks, @martin-f .
    Thanks, @martin-f .
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. luciusmaximus

How to plant Bog Bean

:ThankYou:. Instructions didn't say to do this
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Lee Savage

Good pond plants for a tiny pond

Thanks M some brilliant info on there.Not daunting at all really helpful and just the sort of stuff I needed to know.
    Thanks M some brilliant info on there.Not daunting at all really helpful and just the sort of stuff I needed to know.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Giulio Veronese

Hardy plants with an exotic look

Carex Pendula. Carex Evergold. Flag Iris. Bog Bean. Bulrush. Typhia Latifolia. Skunk Cabbage. (If you can get it now.) Banned for sale. Flowering Rush. Lobelia Queen Victoria. Marsh...
    Carex Pendula. Carex Evergold. Flag Iris. Bog Bean. Bulrush. Typhia Latifolia. Skunk Cabbage. (If you can get it now.) Banned for sale. Flowering Rush. Lobelia Queen Victoria. Marsh Marigold. Canary Reed Grass. (Stunning.) Cortaderia Richardii. Loddon Lily. Primula Candelabra. Osmunda fern. Arum...
    Carex Pendula. Carex Evergold. Flag Iris. Bog Bean. Bulrush. Typhia Latifolia. Skunk Cabbage. (If you can get it now.) Banned for sale. Flowering Rush. Lobelia Queen Victoria. Marsh Marigold. Canary Reed Grass. (Stunning.) Cortaderia...
    Carex Pendula. Carex Evergold. Flag Iris. Bog Bean. Bulrush. Typhia Latifolia. Skunk Cabbage. (If you can get it now.) Banned for sale. Flowering Rush. Lobelia Queen Victoria. Marsh...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. luciusmaximus

Iris advice please

Winner of GC's descriptive phrase of the week ....(Reminds me of the previous mrs zigs :heehee:)
    Winner of GC's descriptive phrase of the week ....(Reminds me of the previous mrs zigs :heehee:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Outlander

Anyone found a good surface cover plant?

Thank you. That looks quite nice actually.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. luciusmaximus
    Like x 3

Preformed versus liner pond

I've actually got about 5 small basic carp in the pond, Freddy, who barely have any effect on the balance of the pond water. The Bog Garden and marginals take out and use the nutrients that is...
    I've actually got about 5 small basic carp in the pond, Freddy, who barely have any effect on the balance of the pond water. The Bog Garden and marginals take out and use the nutrients that is produced from the fishes excrement and the mats of floating weed protects the Frog Spawn from them. ...
    I've actually got about 5 small basic carp in the pond, Freddy, who barely have any effect on the balance of the pond water. The Bog Garden and marginals take out and use the nutrients that is produced from the fishes excrement and the mats of...
    I've actually got about 5 small basic carp in the pond, Freddy, who barely have any effect on the balance of the pond water. The Bog Garden and marginals take out and use the nutrients that is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. glasgowdan

New pond - size and location help please

Thanks A Thats what i was referring to.:yikes: You learn something new everyday i will tell the grandkids :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Thanks A Thats what i was referring to.:yikes: You learn something new everyday i will tell the grandkids :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. luciusmaximus

White Worm in Pond

You can't rush spring @luciusmaximus ...my hubby said tonight looking through the kitchen wind, if we get a good day soon i'll acid the slabs and jet blast them :yikes:...I said no you won't till the end...
    You can't rush spring @luciusmaximus ...my hubby said tonight looking through the kitchen wind, if we get a good day soon i'll acid the slabs and jet blast them :yikes:...I said no you won't till the end of april/may ...never heard nothing like it :whistle:He doesn't know yet but his will be on the roof...
    You can't rush spring @luciusmaximus ...my hubby said tonight looking through the kitchen wind, if we get a good day soon i'll acid the slabs and jet blast them :yikes:...I said no you won't till the end of april/may ...never heard nothing like it :whistle:He...
    You can't rush spring @luciusmaximus ...my hubby said tonight looking through the kitchen wind, if we get a good day soon i'll acid the slabs and jet blast them :yikes:...I said no you won't till the end...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. luciusmaximus

Bog garden advice please

Thanks for the link Woo :). Bradshaws are very competitive with their prices :blue thumb:. My problem is I'm impatient :rolleyespink: :roflol: and having started it I just want to get it finished and move on to next job. Hence my...
    Thanks for the link Woo :). Bradshaws are very competitive with their prices :blue thumb:. My problem is I'm impatient :rolleyespink: :roflol: and having started it I just want to get it finished and move on to next job. Hence my question regarding the tarp, which I do have. I suppose a tarp is more likely to rip.
    Thanks for the link Woo :). Bradshaws are very competitive with their prices :blue thumb:. My problem is I'm impatient :rolleyespink: :roflol: and having started it I just want to get it finished and move on to next job. Hence my question regarding the tarp, which I do have. I...
    Thanks for the link Woo :). Bradshaws are very competitive with their prices :blue thumb:. My problem is I'm impatient :rolleyespink: :roflol: and having started it I just want to get it finished and move on to next job. Hence my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. wiseowl
    Like x 7

Woos new pond

I only have a small pond, luckily the pump lead is long enough to reach the power supply with out a joint,I use this type of breaker but uk modelThey do a plugin type, if mine ever packs up...
    I only have a small pond, luckily the pump lead is long enough to reach the power supply with out a joint,I use this type of breaker but uk modelThey do a plugin type, if mine ever packs up i will replace it with this type.
    I only have a small pond, luckily the pump lead is long enough to reach the power supply with out a joint,I use this type of breaker but uk modelThey do a plugin type, if mine ever packs up i will replace it with this type.
    I only have a small pond, luckily the pump lead is long enough to reach the power supply with out a joint,I use this type of breaker but uk modelThey do a plugin type, if mine ever packs up...
    P1290748.JPG P1290749.JPG P1290755.JPG P1290756.JPG Capture.PNG P1290756.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Doghouse Riley
    Like x 11

The Three Ponds I've Built in Our Garden

Great!Roll on Summer eh?
    Great!Roll on Summer eh?
    Great!Roll on Summer eh?
    Great!Roll on Summer eh?
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. martin-f

Small pond advice please

Thank you Tetters, ill see how it goes when it warms up, as mentioned more algae has appeared as its got colder and the pond plants have died down for the winter, also the bamboo has shed most of...
    Thank you Tetters, ill see how it goes when it warms up, as mentioned more algae has appeared as its got colder and the pond plants have died down for the winter, also the bamboo has shed most of its leaves in the pond and wont be helping matters,Ill take them out in the coming days before...
    Thank you Tetters, ill see how it goes when it warms up, as mentioned more algae has appeared as its got colder and the pond plants have died down for the winter, also the bamboo has shed most of its leaves in the pond and wont be helping...
    Thank you Tetters, ill see how it goes when it warms up, as mentioned more algae has appeared as its got colder and the pond plants have died down for the winter, also the bamboo has shed most of...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options