1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Water Gardening

Discussion For All Water Related Features & Projects

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. SparklyPurple

Bog garden and pond advice please

Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the...
    Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the fish ate them. I did get them in the water butt though.
    Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the fish ate them. I did get them in the water butt though.
    Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Redwing
    Like x 17

We're Making a Wildlife Pond

My pond is a bit smaller(well quite a lot)...........
    IMG_6168resize.JPG IMG_6182resize.JPG IMG_6207resize.JPG resize.JPG IMG_6232resize.JPG IMG_6235resize.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Fat Controller

Goodbye Lawn, Hello Pond!

Lovely pond image! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. pete

Water gardening

Penlan,Looks like a good nursery you have, and very well stocked.Nathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. beans

Bird boxes and wildlife ponds

Have any of you visited www.beautifulbritain.co.uk ? its really worth a look especially if you are a fan of wildlife
    Have any of you visited www.beautifulbritain.co.uk ? its really worth a look especially if you are a fan of wildlife
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Grottybags

Green scum on my water feature

Thanks Pete, that's good news.I'm not so worried about how it looks, just if it would affect the plants, so it can stay where it is for now (unless it gets smelly as it's right next to my patio...
    Thanks Pete, that's good news.I'm not so worried about how it looks, just if it would affect the plants, so it can stay where it is for now (unless it gets smelly as it's right next to my patio and might put us off our tea ;) )Emma
    Thanks Pete, that's good news.I'm not so worried about how it looks, just if it would affect the plants, so it can stay where it is for now (unless it gets smelly as it's right next to my patio and might put us off our tea ;) )Emma
    Thanks Pete, that's good news.I'm not so worried about how it looks, just if it would affect the plants, so it can stay where it is for now (unless it gets smelly as it's right next to my patio...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Daisies

getting frogs to take up residence in my pond!

We have an ordinary washing-up bowl in the corner of our garden, originally installed and filled with water for the cats and birds to use. For several years we have had as many as three frogs at a...
    We have an ordinary washing-up bowl in the corner of our garden, originally installed and filled with water for the cats and birds to use. For several years we have had as many as three frogs at a time taking up residence and they have produced frogspawn which we transfer to a friend's large...
    We have an ordinary washing-up bowl in the corner of our garden, originally installed and filled with water for the cats and birds to use. For several years we have had as many as three frogs at a time taking up residence and they have produced...
    We have an ordinary washing-up bowl in the corner of our garden, originally installed and filled with water for the cats and birds to use. For several years we have had as many as three frogs at a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. susie123

water feature

If you have an outside power supply, you are okay to do it yourself, as the water feature kits come weatherproof. Your problem comes in getting your power supply to your garden. Ideally this...
    If you have an outside power supply, you are okay to do it yourself, as the water feature kits come weatherproof. Your problem comes in getting your power supply to your garden. Ideally this should be armoured cable going to an IP55 weatherproof connection box or socket like these on Screwfix :-...
    If you have an outside power supply, you are okay to do it yourself, as the water feature kits come weatherproof. Your problem comes in getting your power supply to your garden. Ideally this should be armoured cable going to an IP55 weatherproof...
    If you have an outside power supply, you are okay to do it yourself, as the water feature kits come weatherproof. Your problem comes in getting your power supply to your garden. Ideally this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. cathysue

Small Ponds

Well I went for the builders bath. It's in place and i've just got to finish the edging with left over paving from the patio. I'll bear in mind all your suggestions to help wildlife in and out,...
    Well I went for the builders bath. It's in place and i've just got to finish the edging with left over paving from the patio. I'll bear in mind all your suggestions to help wildlife in and out, thanks :)I haven't got any immediate plans for goldfish as i knew they ate any little critters available...
    Well I went for the builders bath. It's in place and i've just got to finish the edging with left over paving from the patio. I'll bear in mind all your suggestions to help wildlife in and out, thanks :)I haven't got any immediate plans for...
    Well I went for the builders bath. It's in place and i've just got to finish the edging with left over paving from the patio. I'll bear in mind all your suggestions to help wildlife in and out,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Rich

My pond

:( Afraid I cannot offer more than tea & sympathy Rich. That is a sad problem, I hope the leak doesn't turn out to be anything major. Had a look for the gunnera, but all it says is plant by the...
    :( Afraid I cannot offer more than tea & sympathy Rich. That is a sad problem, I hope the leak doesn't turn out to be anything major. Had a look for the gunnera, but all it says is plant by the water & plenty of organic matter dug in. Some crowns need winter protection. Then manure or rich...
    :( Afraid I cannot offer more than tea & sympathy Rich. That is a sad problem, I hope the leak doesn't turn out to be anything major. Had a look for the gunnera, but all it says is plant by the water & plenty of organic matter dug in. Some...
    :( Afraid I cannot offer more than tea & sympathy Rich. That is a sad problem, I hope the leak doesn't turn out to be anything major. Had a look for the gunnera, but all it says is plant by the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. slugbug

Alternative pond ideas

When I built my pond I concreted the bottom 4" then coated the sloping sides with 2 coats of sharp sand and cement 7ft x 4ft 30" deep "2 thick. I purchased some medium chopped matting and resin...
    When I built my pond I concreted the bottom 4" then coated the sloping sides with 2 coats of sharp sand and cement 7ft x 4ft 30" deep "2 thick. I purchased some medium chopped matting and resin with a hardener from a local factory [ can be bought online] Method:- Cut matting to fit bottom, mix...
    When I built my pond I concreted the bottom 4" then coated the sloping sides with 2 coats of sharp sand and cement 7ft x 4ft 30" deep "2 thick. I purchased some medium chopped matting and resin with a hardener from a local factory [ can be bought...
    When I built my pond I concreted the bottom 4" then coated the sloping sides with 2 coats of sharp sand and cement 7ft x 4ft 30" deep "2 thick. I purchased some medium chopped matting and resin...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. fiwi

Pond plants

Hi Rich, I thought that today actually, because it now has 5 leaves! But the idea was to accomodate the plant I was given, not to create a pond from scratch so I'll leave it for now and see what...
    Hi Rich, I thought that today actually, because it now has 5 leaves! But the idea was to accomodate the plant I was given, not to create a pond from scratch so I'll leave it for now and see what happens. fiwi
    Hi Rich, I thought that today actually, because it now has 5 leaves! But the idea was to accomodate the plant I was given, not to create a pond from scratch so I'll leave it for now and see what happens. fiwi
    Hi Rich, I thought that today actually, because it now has 5 leaves! But the idea was to accomodate the plant I was given, not to create a pond from scratch so I'll leave it for now and see what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. sam k

does anyone have a pond?

PM me. I'll be cleaning out the top pond soon, it's silted up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Liz

Barrel pond

:cool: should be here see above its cheap and effective.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Liz

What to do with pond plants?

Thanks both......I like bubblewrap too... I like the large bubbles for garden use and will try that on my barrels, but I like the small bubble type for popping. Very satisfying.
    Thanks both......I like bubblewrap too... I like the large bubbles for garden use and will try that on my barrels, but I like the small bubble type for popping. Very satisfying.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Huw

Water feature

To judge how big a pump you need, run a known volume of water (say 10 litres) over the lip of your water feature (or a mock up), at a rate which gives the effect you are after.Time how long the...
    To judge how big a pump you need, run a known volume of water (say 10 litres) over the lip of your water feature (or a mock up), at a rate which gives the effect you are after.Time how long the water lasts. Divide 3600 (seconds per hour) by this time (in seconds) multiply by the volume of...
    To judge how big a pump you need, run a known volume of water (say 10 litres) over the lip of your water feature (or a mock up), at a rate which gives the effect you are after.Time how long the water lasts. Divide 3600 (seconds per hour) by...
    To judge how big a pump you need, run a known volume of water (say 10 litres) over the lip of your water feature (or a mock up), at a rate which gives the effect you are after.Time how long the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. T

Fish

Fish need very little oxygen in cold weather as they go into semi hibernation, and do not use much energy. It is rare that ponds in England will freeze over long enough to cause problems. We...
    Fish need very little oxygen in cold weather as they go into semi hibernation, and do not use much energy. It is rare that ponds in England will freeze over long enough to cause problems. We don't get freezing weather for weeks on end like they do in other parts of the world.Since 2000 when...
    Fish need very little oxygen in cold weather as they go into semi hibernation, and do not use much energy. It is rare that ponds in England will freeze over long enough to cause problems. We don't get freezing weather for weeks on end like they...
    Fish need very little oxygen in cold weather as they go into semi hibernation, and do not use much energy. It is rare that ponds in England will freeze over long enough to cause problems. We...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. sandy

Newts

Way to go Tortuosa :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Phill

Help with a Pond

OOh Really!! Thats great! I've never grown roses before but was planning on having a rambler somewhere in the garden!
    OOh Really!! Thats great! I've never grown roses before but was planning on having a rambler somewhere in the garden!
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Chrissie

Garden Pond

If a pond freezes over and you have fish in it don't be tempted to break the ice with a hammer. It will send a shockwave through the water which can stun or kill fish that are on a low (winter)...
    If a pond freezes over and you have fish in it don't be tempted to break the ice with a hammer. It will send a shockwave through the water which can stun or kill fish that are on a low (winter) metabalisim.An average pump will normally add sufficient heat and circulation to keep a portion of...
    If a pond freezes over and you have fish in it don't be tempted to break the ice with a hammer. It will send a shockwave through the water which can stun or kill fish that are on a low (winter) metabalisim.An average pump will normally add...
    If a pond freezes over and you have fish in it don't be tempted to break the ice with a hammer. It will send a shockwave through the water which can stun or kill fish that are on a low (winter)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Tangle

Pond = ?????

Rosco - did you have your "caps lock" on? All caps is known as SHOUTING in forum speak!!!!!
    Rosco - did you have your "caps lock" on? All caps is known as SHOUTING in forum speak!!!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. rosa

no room for a pond

by the way all cannot reveal were the water is coming from on the labrador dog water feature use your own imajination from rosa
    by the way all cannot reveal were the water is coming from on the labrador dog water feature use your own imajination from rosa
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. fiwi

Mini pond and wildlife

you can still have lots of fun with your balcony water feature, I have a large pond and also a stone trough, its just as much fun to watch the insects and birds visiting the trough for a drink....
    you can still have lots of fun with your balcony water feature, I have a large pond and also a stone trough, its just as much fun to watch the insects and birds visiting the trough for a drink. How high up is your balcony?
    you can still have lots of fun with your balcony water feature, I have a large pond and also a stone trough, its just as much fun to watch the insects and birds visiting the trough for a drink. How high up is your balcony?
    you can still have lots of fun with your balcony water feature, I have a large pond and also a stone trough, its just as much fun to watch the insects and birds visiting the trough for a drink....
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice